CRAVE - Omaha
200 South 31st Ave #4103
Omaha, NE 68131Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - Omaha
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craveamerica.com/
- Phone: 4023459999x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10am- 8pm
Monday 11am- 10pm
Tuesday 11am- 10pm
Thursday 11am- 10pm
Friday 11am- 12am
Saturday 3pm- 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CRAVE provides full service offsite catering at any venue of choice. From family celebrations, graduation parties, corporate meetings, to any specialized event, CRAVE will customize and deliver a memorable experience. The CRAVE Event team will help you plan and can take care of every aspect of your event to create an unparalleled experience.
- Entertainment: Live music on select nights. Please see Facebook page for upcoming events (CRAVE Restaurant Nebraska).
A word from CRAVE - Omaha
CRAVE offers fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, yet casual atmosphere. The diverse and extensive menu at CRAVE features a variety of items that range from a full sushi bar to Certified Angus Beef steaks. It also includes fresh seafood, roasted meats, pastas and salads that are continuously re-mastered utilizing the freshest seasonal ingredients.Continued
CRAVE provides group sales offerings for private events, weddings, corporate gatherings and a variety of other special event needs.
CRAVE provides group sales offerings for private events, weddings, corporate gatherings and a variety of other special event needs.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
CRAVE - Omaha - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
CRAVE - Omaha reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (71)special occasion (69)good for groups (59)fit for foodies (53)romantic (51)great for lunch (45)neighborhood gem (41)hot spot (39)great for brunch (38)scenic view (36)notable wine list (28)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (22)vibrant bar scene (21)Show More
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/31/2014Their hours are until 8 pm. We arrived at 7 and we were told the sushi chef was running 30-45 minutes behind. The dining room didn't look that crowded. We ordered drinks and appetizers, about 10 minutes later ordered our entrees. The drinks arrived. About 45 minutes later so did our entrees. The appetizers did not. I told our server and was told, one was to be done by the sushi chef (we didn't order sushi) and would not come, the other finally came half way through our entrée. From 7:30 to 8, I watched the hostess turn away 5 groups of people who arrived, because "we have had last call for our kitchen". I've never seen a restaurant where the "closing time" is not the last seating. If they don't care about guests, why go back?
- Just Okay...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I have been to Crave around a 1/2 dozen times and this by far was the least desirable experience. I would chaulk it up to being an isolated incident, but several things went wrong during the meal. The service took quite a while for everything (take order, waiting for dessert menus, etc) - even though it wasn't busy at all when we were there. They most annoying thing about our experience was that our food was taken to dirrferent tables TWICE! First, our appetizer was taken to the table to the south of us, then our sushi went to booth just to the east of us. There is something about that happening twice that annoyed me. I may go to Crave again, but it definitely have fallen down my list of restaurants.Special Features:
- First class EVERYTHING!CMBNE41Dined on 8/29/2014From the moment we arrived to the last bite my wife and I enjoyed every second we got to enjoy with our daughters - both picky eaters, both are everything with huge smiles - we were supremely pleased with ours apps, sushi, entres (steak, the night's special (fish), and more sushi) AND an AWESOME server (Nabil, ask for him - you'll be SO glad you did!!) - a wonderful night out - a rare treat.Special Features:
- Good Food Mediocre Servicerdsox4LDined on 8/26/2014The food was good and they had an extensive drink menu. The service was mediocre at best. There were maybe 5 tables on a Tuesday night and it seemed difficult just to get refills on our drinks and water. The wait for the food was in my opinion longer than it should have been for as not busy as the restaurant was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing againSeattleVisitorDined on 8/24/2014This is the 2nd time we've been here. Last time was a year ago and it was disappointing. We figured that we'd try it again. It was a Sunday night so it wasn't busy. We started with two appetizers and four beers. It took over 15 minutes for the beers to arrive from the bar. There is no reasonable explanation for that wait time given the size of the crowd that night. 10 minutes after the beers arrived the first appetizer arrived. About two minutes later our entrees arrived. At that point we canceled the second appetizer. Two of us ordered fish and it was good. One ordered Mac & Cheese and it was "OK". One of us ordered Stir Fry and it was terrible. We appreciate but declined the manager's kind offer to comp our entire meal. We won't be back.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014They just changed their brunch menu that morning. Very slow (obviously still figuring out their new process). Worst part was the value.
- Great Restaurant!KNovaDined on 8/16/2014We went as a date night for my birthday and it was perfect. Everything was great, the food was amazing, our waiter was awesome, the manager came over and made sure everything was sufficient, it was overall a perfect meal.Special Features:
- great serviceMichelleOgDined on 8/16/2014The good is always wonderful but what stands out to me is the fantastic service by all who work there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crave goodSoutherntouristVIPDined on 8/9/2014Liked it, didn't love it. A simple grilled fish over very nice couscous but no sauce. Sushi was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KamilyDined on 8/9/2014We booked a reservation for 8 people and the table we were given was perfect for a group. It was somewhat secluded so it felt more intimiate than I would expect with such a large restaurant. The food reviews were mixed. I really enjoyed the Spicy Shrimp Fettuccine, but another guest had the Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine and wasn't satisfied at all. However other people at the table had the same dish and were pleased so it may have just been that particular dish. Overall, good food and good atmosphere. I would recommend this to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deck nightfullhouseDined on 8/2/2014Great weather night for dinner on the patio. Staff let us wait until a table opened up so we could enjoy dining outdoors. Service was quick and efficient, dinner was great!Special Features:
- Great EveninggreatpatioDined on 8/2/2014We visited crave on a Saturday evening. Everything was excellent - great food and service. We ate on their patio which is awesome - great view of Midtown CrossingSpecial Features:
- PassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Went with a group of friends and we all felt it was terrible. It seemed very unorganized for the food being delivered to our table. Two friends had almost ate all of there meal before the rest of us. My food was great, however everyone else was very disappointed. I will not be back, it was very expensive and not worth it.
- Nothing special- go somewhere elseKateateDined on 7/26/2014I had reservations-many tables were open and we were told on a Saturday night that our food would take over 30 minutes to prepare. An offer of bread or a free drink while we waited would have been nice. The wine was a little pricey and not all that good. We ate ok sushi, a "scallop" appetizer that had scraps of scallops on a hunk of rice and some blah mac and cheese. We asked for a dessert menu, but never got one so we finally just got the check. Our water glasses sat empty through dinner until we received the check. With so many Omaha choices, we wont go back here.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014Our server apologized over five times while we dined, and we heard every server around us apologizing for one thing or another to other diners. Drinks and food did not take overly long to get to us,however, once dessert was served our waiter went MIA. After 20 minutes we finally flagged down a manger to give us our bill. We probably could have walked out without paying and they would have never known. Seemed like every server and cook was new the way it was so chaotic around us.Special Features:
- Great place!ash6986Dined on 7/25/2014We love Crave great food, great service, and did I say great food?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!SunnyDayDined on 7/23/2014I have actually dined twice at Crave since July 18th, 2014. Once with my sister and my 9 yr old niece at lunch, and then for dinner with a group of folks from out of town. Everything was great, the food and the service were wonderful. I would not have thought of them for kids really, more trendy, sexy place - however, they were great with kids menu and all kids that dine get a really pretty bowl of fresh fruit for them as soon as they sit down - awesome! The restaurant is really pretty, and the food selection and wine selection were outstanding. Love this place!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I think Crave is overrated. The food was low quality and nothing amazing by any means.
- Great service! So-so food.mom4twoblueDined on 7/19/2014The wait staff was friendly, but a bit hard to understand. They were out of an ingredient for one menu item we wished to order. I ordered two different sushi rolls. One was great, one was not so great. My husband ordered the rib-eye steak which was unfortunately so full of fat and grissle we had to tell tell the waiter about it. The manager did come talk to us. He was very friendly and admitted this wasn't the first complaint about the rib-eye. We didn't get the steak free, but it was discounted $5.00 and we were compted dessert and our drinks. Don't think we will be visiting Crave again. Bummer!Special Features:
- I'm glad I went againRjreyes34VIPDined on 7/16/2014After a disastrous first visit during a Valentine's day dinner two years ago (where they ran out of food, and had lousy service), we decided to give Crave another chance. This time, we had a great waitress (Joy), who knew the ins and outs of their menu, and great food. We even sat outside overlooking Turner Park. We were glad we returned, and this restaurant jumped way up our Omaha list. We don't like chains, but this one is done really well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed againfoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014Our last two visits have not been good and the most recent made us consider whether or not we'd return. The service was absolutely terrible. We arrived just after 3:00 pm and were one of only three or so occupied tables. So why did it take 35 minutes to get our food? Our waitress was inattentive and failed to provide refills until we flagged her down. Then, once delivered, my food was so salty that it was inedible. The manager did have the dish remade and took it off the bill but the whole experience was just bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CraveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014My food was good but my husbands was bad. He got the baked Mac and cheese and it was dry. It tasted like noodles sprinkled with cheese. Will not be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great food/serviceAlmndjyDined on 7/11/2014This was my first time visiting and the hostess and server were great at telling me about the restaurant and making suggestions. Food and service were amazing and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellaDined on 7/9/2014Thank you for the Birthday Cake! Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJannyDined on 7/8/2014We had an outstanding experience with my teenage children, my 80 year old parents, and my husband and I. The service was excellent, the outdoor setting was comfortable and lovely, and we all thought our food was delicious. Would certainly return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014The prices is a little steep, but for the amount of food on the buffet it is worth it.Special Features:
- Stuck with a bad serverMrsSLPDined on 6/28/2014The guy couldn't have been a worse server. We couldn't understand anything he was saying. His clothes looked like they were balled up in his car. He had horrible unkempt looking facial hair. We actually finished our appetizers and drinks before he ever took our order. Luckily another server brought us our food or we would have never made our event. I love crave from the few times I've been there, but this server needs to be on his way out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinneresilebinomahaDined on 6/28/2014Went here with a friend for dinner before a movie, the staff was very accommodating in getting us in and out in time to catch our movie. We had appetizers, a quick meal, and even dessert! All were excellent. We both enjoyed the Kobe Beef Tacos (excellent flavor), I had the Crave burger (also excellent flavor, perfectly prepared. The sauce was great!), he had the BBQ chicken flatbread pizza (he said it tasted great). He had the French Silk miniature for dessert, which he raved about even after we left, and I had the salted caramel mousse miniature, which was very smooth. We sat inside, noticed that lots of people were enjoying the patio seating. I would definitely eat here again, but I would allow at least 15 extra minutes for parking.Special Features:
- Good TimeBetterDined on 6/28/2014Very nice time. Service was good and lots of good food too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedfoodieVIPDined on 6/25/2014We have been to CRAVE multiple times and have always enjoyed our experience but not this time. The menu had changed, removing many of our favorite items and increasing the price of others. What we ordered tasted just okay. But our biggest complaint was the service. Our waitress was slow and inattentive. Our food took twice as long to be delivered and she was not quick to follow up or refill drinks. Just an all-around disappointing visit.Special Features:
- Just OkayKinseyDined on 6/23/2014We used to fine at Crave often but our most recent night there was not the best. Service was extremely slow. One of our group members meal came out completely wrong. Their delicious Kogu Beef tacos normally comes with a yummy sweet corn dish and black bean and rice casserole. This night it came with a bowl of white rice with shredded cheese melted on top. Hoping this doesn't become a common trend as we normally love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After...MorMorDined on 6/19/2014This restaurant is great for dinner and for Happy Hour but especially delightful and relaxing after a concert in the park. What's not to like about being at beautiful Mid-Town Crossing?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!Caligirl65Dined on 6/18/2014This was our second visit to Crave. The food was absolutely delish & the service was fantastic! Vince took great care of us. The Mac and Cheese with Shrimp added was amazing. The Tacos are also one of our faves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing available!k8elemonDined on 6/16/2014Went for our anniversary. It was VERY hit or miss, mostly miss. My husband ordered a special (listed on the day's separate menu). We were there early evening. They were out of the item my husband ordered. No big deal- went with the second choice. He then ordered a cocktail....they were out of the ingredients for that as well. We went through that another two time, same story. On the FOURTH attempt at ordering a drink (a mojito) they finally had everything. Incredibly disappointed, particularly wit the place being so costly. I don't recommend.Special Features:
- An Okay NightFurryBearVIPDined on 6/15/2014On this trip we went specifically for the prime rib special. The restaurant was packed so we were warned that the service would be slow and it was. I understand that this was a special night but still they seemed particularly disorganized and late. We twice got the all-you-can-eat prime rib "refill" plate before ever getting the first one, and they were both taken away leaving us with no food. Once we did get the main plats both were more rare than what we had ordered, but by then the prospect of just having food outweighed the thought of sending it back. Good food in the end, but wow the wait and confused service were sure a surprise in what is normally a good restaurant.Special Features:
- used to love it!joeannajacobsDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I like to come here for special occasions. The food is usually very good. We had the prime rib on this visit and each time is came out it was very under cooked. My husband ordered it med rare and when it came out it didn't look like it had been out on the grill at all. We ordered a juice for my daughter that the server forgot about and we also ordered an appetizer that we never received. We just ended up canceling the appetizer when the food cane out because it still had not come. The last few we have noticed that our servers would come and drop our food of but if there was something additional we needed it was very difficult to get their attention. I think we will be finding a new restaurant to eat at for now on.Special Features:
- Great food and atmospherekmb3075Dined on 6/15/2014I love Crave, been there several times now and have never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, once it arrivedAlisonM13Dined on 6/15/2014We ordered their special, sushi, steak and a couple of kids menu items. Our reservation was at 5 p.m. The restaurant did not seem overly busy. We didn't receive our food until 6:15 p.m. or possibly a little after. We had to request that our kids' meals come out early because they couldn't wait any longer. Suddenly when we said that, all of our food was ready. The menu doesn't clearly list menu items and side accompaniments. The server won't volunteer the information, so I would advise others to specifically ask. My mom ordered a side salad because she wanted a vegetable with her steak and then it showed up with steamed broccoli as a side. We will probably eat there again, but without kids and when we have LOTS of time.Special Features:
- Not up to Mpls location standardsmamaotwoVIPDined on 6/15/2014We visited Omaha over Father's Day and I made a reservation at the Omaha Crave as I was familiar with Crave in Mpls as having good food and being kid friendly. We waited 5 minutes for our table, 10-15 minutes for anyone to take our drink order, and I was surprised to find out it was a buffet only menu. The food itself was good...if you could get it. The kitchen was having a hard time keeping the food replenished and I waited for a good 10+ minutes for waffle batter to come out. I was quite happy with the food though. They just seemed under prepared and had run out of things by our 11:30 reservation time.Special Features:
- Behind the power curveDSMDDined on 6/15/2014We had reservations. Apparently many of the guests didn't, and they weren't prepared for that. There was little food on the buffet. When it arrived, it was immediately gone. There was way too little staff for the number of guests. It took 20 minutes to get drinks, and we had to flag down the waiter to get refills--it's not like there's that much for him to do on a buffet, but keep the guests in drinks.