CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
825 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.craveamerica.com/
- Phone: 6123321133x
- Hours of Operation:
Main Dining Room Hours:
Monday 11am- 11pm
Tuesday 11am- 12am
Wednesday 11am- 12am
Thursday 11am- 12am
Friday 11am- 1am
Saturday 11am- 1am
Sunday - Monday 11am - 11pm
Tuesday - Thursday 11am - 12am
Friday - Saturday 11am - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Gerard Klass
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CRAVE Catering is proud to offer a dynamic new approach to full-service and delivery catering. Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! CRAVE is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email email@example.com to inquire!
- Entertainment: DJs on the Rooftop every Friday and Saturday in the summer.
A word from CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
Evoking the tastes of the new American palate, familiar yet unforgettable! CRAVE delivers fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike. The combination of the burnt earthen color palette, stone work, glass accents and a golden-tiled fireplace invites shoppers and destination diners alike to stop and linger — enjoying unforgettable meals with friends and family. An elegant floor-to-ceiling wine tower displays a 125+ wine selection. Rich hues and an open kitchen, light-dappled tabletops and an iconic bar create a familiar yet unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)good for groups (111)great for outdoor dining (87)fit for foodies (80)hot spot (77)scenic view (70)vibrant bar scene (69)great for lunch (57)romantic (39)late-night find (34)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Great Pre Theater Place to EatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Right next to the State Theater with excellent food - what is there not to like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, OK ServiceJMS1VIPDined on 10/25/2014Starters - Jumbo Shrimp and chicken sausage flatbread were wonderful and so full of flavor. Caesar starter salad was on the spicy side. Scallops with butternut squash risotto were cooked perfectly and wonderfully seasoned. Ribeye steak was well marbled (almost a tad too much fat for a ribeye) but wonderfully seasoned although it was cooked a bit more than I had requested. Service was hit and miss. Waitress seemed bothered by the training she was doing. Not very outgoing. The waiter she was training was very personable. Would highly recommend and hope the waitress just had an off night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I had a party of 8. We all had a great time. Great service, fun, friendly, prompt service. Great food. I always enjoy restaurants that have good sushi on their full menu. The sushi lovers and haters can get along at the same place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roof Top DisconnectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I really love the roof deck here. It's one of the best spots in Downtown. I hope they continue to push the season & keep it open in cold weather. The problem is that all of the food comes from the downstairs main kitchen. When they did the build out, CRAVE boasted about a serviceable rooftop kitchen/grill. The roof deck food is a low priority for the restaurant staff. They have a limited menu, but the food takes a while to get up there. The food is dropped at a servers station up there & nobody knows where to bring it. The staff looks dumbfounded every time. Nobody knows which plates got to what tables & who they go to @ the table. The hostess/host on the roof and inside have no idea what the others are doing. Same w/serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't have our reservationWentWellDined on 10/24/2014Even though Crave didn't have our reservation, made through OpenTable,they treated us well!Special Features:
- a swanky placehamiltonVIPDined on 10/19/2014good food, although caesar salad looked merely competent, the steaks were tasty and the excellent waiter made sure my dietary needs were met in a healthy and excellent fashion.Special Features:
- Great for a Special Night OutKrewmomDined on 10/19/2014I really like this location - better than the other Craves. The wait staff is very good and the food is always great!Special Features:
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Spectacular service! Delicious food! Such an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Not consistentOscarDined on 10/19/2014Three weeks ago we had a wonderful experience. We were going to a play and opted to repeat the same dinner. The artichoke dip bread was soggy, the spinach salad was bitter and the three spice fish was over cooked and no spice or flavor. The celery root mash was off too. The exact same meal was not worth repeating!
- Great food and serviceZimgirlDined on 10/19/20145 of us went to Crave to have lunch before seeing a play. The menu was really great and had lots of the words that I hear on the food channel so I was very interested in trying them. I had the pork tenderloin and it was just simply amazing. The mashed potatoes were the best I have ever had. I would go back to Crave when ever I'm in the cities.Special Features:
- Gluten Free MistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The issue was with the entree. I ordered the gluten-free lobster linguini. After eating a third of it, they came out with a second one and realized I had been eating the one with gluten in it. This is a huge deal. I am so very thankful that my gluten sensitivity is not more severe. Yes, I paid a price for it, but I have friends that would require a hospital visit from that mistake. This is NOT okay. If you advertise a gluten-free menu, you should know how much a mistake like that could cost somebody. You need to educate your servers and your chefs. Would you like to be responsible for someone's hospital stay because you weren't paying attention? I would not eat here again.
- Disappointing experienceTCTCDined on 10/18/2014This was my first negative experience at Crave. I had a 6:30 reservation for two prior to an 8:00 show at the State. We arrived right at 6:30 but weren't seated until 6:50 and then our entrees didn't arrive until 7:40. Not a lot of time to enjoy dinner before needing to leave for the show. In fairness, the server was friendly and professional and the food was very, very good (Pulled Chicken w/pappardelle & the Scallop entree) but it was a frustrating experience because of the slow service. I expect a place the caliber of Crave to schedule reservations appropriately and to be staffed sufficiently to handle the higher volumes of event nights. In the scheme of things, not that big of a deal. Just disappointing.
- Going to a show?KatieKDined on 10/18/2014If you are attending a concert or theatrical production, this is a great venue for pre-show dining. It's definitely on the pricey side, however, so beware. We dropped $150.00 with dinner, salads, and a couple of cocktails - yes, the salads are ala carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a great time. The service was pretty slow, but we were in no rush and understood that our server was very busy. Always enjoy Crave, at any location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service, good time!30andholdingDined on 10/18/2014CRAVE is a great dining solution for downtown Mpls. The weather was nice enough to dine on the roof, but they didn't have it open this late in the season. It's an additional element to the dining experience when available. The atmosphere is upscale and the prices are affordable and portions are generous. The menu selection is varied enough so that there is something for everyone. I hope Mpls can hang on to venues of this caliber!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemj1064Dined on 10/18/2014This is my second time eating at this particular Crave (have also eaten at the MOA and a Edina locations). At first I was disappointed that the menu had changed (my favorite items had been removed); however, the food was outstanding. My meal was delishous! The service was good. Our server checked in on us often, but not too much. The only thing I didn't like was were we sat. The resturant was maybe half full, so why wouldn't they seat us at a comfortable booth? Instead we sat at a high top table (something I expect when I'm having drinks and apps, not a meal). Not only that but we were right next to the area where food is placed for servers to pick up... Not my idea of a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGDined on 10/17/2014My experience at your restaurant was amazing. I did celebrate my birthday and i felt special. I enjoyed every course and drink. Also my server (sadly i can not remember her name) was very helpful, entertaining, funny and there whenever we needed her. She did an outstanding job. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We stopped at Crave for a quick dinner before a show. The place was full, and it was obvious that there were not enough bartenders or servers, seriously understaffed. The roof top on a beautiful fall night was so pleasant we didn't realize it was taking so long to get our food. But the waiter was very annoyed at the kitchen for not getting food out on time, so they compensated us for the entire meal - guess it would be the right thing to do.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014We have enjoyed Crave (Minneapolis) in the past, however, the service on this visit was poor. Salads came right before dinner, had to ask for drinks to be brought several times, and no follow-up in bringing several asked for items to our table. The service was even slow waiting for the waiter to come back and pick up the payment. It was not overly busy, so there was no reason for the delays and poor service. Food was good, but we will not go back for some time based on the service.Special Features:
- Wednesday NightTheatergoerDined on 10/15/2014We made our reservations online through opentable.com. As we arrived we were seated to a table immediately, but it then took almost 15 minutes before we saw our waiter/server for the first time. Our apps arrived before we had even been given our drinks- soda/water. Crowed was older in age and older aged patrons were attended to more frequently than younger patrons. Food is delicious but service at the Minneapolis location, makes we consider not going back.Special Features:
- Menu ChangeBergGirlDined on 10/15/2014The scaled down menu has some of my favorites missing. Service was okay she was pleasant just not as available as usual. Tables were wobbling and was told they were out of the leveling pads, I went to the bar and asked for some napkins and leveled the tables myself so the liquid stayed in our glasses when cutting our food. Still had my "Crunchy" and my son had his favorites just sad to see some things go!
- Dinner before the theaterOh4AParDined on 10/14/2014We have been to Crave several times in both Edina and St. Louis Park so were familiar with the menu and ambiance. LaSalle Plaza did not disappoint. Our waiter was upbeat, inquired if we were going to the theater and when he found out we were, he made sure we had a leisurely but timely experience. We were seated in the back table area so the noise level was very tolerable. It appeared as if the "bar crowd" was also enjoying the more upbeat ambiance. Overall, we would definitely return and recommend this dining experience to others.Special Features:
- Sssslllllllloooooowww....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Extremely slow service and the food was not that great. Very expensive for the dining experience. This was our second try at Crave and can say confidently that it was our last.
- OkayAshleyDined on 10/12/2014I have tried this Crave location several times. Each time is a different issue. This time food was very good. Service was very slow. There was a strange hooded man that kept walking around the kitchen area. He then sat at a high top closest to kitchen. Then he appeared to fall asleep. It was a bit unsettling. It was nice we had made a reservation, only to be seated closest to kitchen and bar station. That way we could hear the servers discussing the strange man. Why seat reservations at that table? That 4 top table should be used for walk-ins! Crave is so convenient for the Orpheum, but next show we are trying a different restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & wine.PST32Dined on 10/11/2014We had a great experience at CRAVE. The sushi and stir-fry were great, as was the wine. Smaller menu for all the shows happening that day. But it was great all around. We made reservations, but probably didn't need to for an early dinner (4:30ish) on a Saturday afternoon.Special Features:
- Frequent dinerfoodexpertDined on 10/11/2014We always like Crave before the musicals at the Orpheum. The location is perfect for theater goers. The place is aware of the fact people are going to the theater. The food is good and it is possible to talk since they honor our table request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every timeKrewmomDined on 10/11/2014Went for lunch before seeing a show at the Orpheum- loved it as usual!Special Features:
- Great dining experiencetheeatenBsDined on 10/11/2014Went to Crave for the first time before a show at the Orpheum. The view was great, the menu had everything we wanted, the service was excellent and the food was yummy. We can't wait to go back and try the roof top dining (it was closed the day we were there).Special Features:
- Great Downtown diningLionDined on 10/10/2014Our group had a lovely meal after the "Brave New FriendRaiser" event for Our Saviour's Community Services. The server was very helpful in selecting the right wine and the food was excellent. This is a great place to go if you are taking in some of the cultural offerings in Minneapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business MeetingMNWild22Dined on 10/10/2014Conducted a business meeting at CRAVE and it was a perfect atmosphere. Easy to find parking, diverse menu everyone could find something they'd love and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Running lateNickDined on 10/9/2014Very accommodating for our reservation time which we were running a bit behind on. Called inadvance and was taken care of. Thank you!Special Features:
- BonnieVIPDined on 10/9/2014very noisy, but close to theaters It seemed to have quite a small dinner menu but delicious food.Special Features:
- First time at Crave downtownTheater4dinnerDined on 10/9/2014We were attending a show at the Orpheum Theater. We wanted to try a different place besides the regular for dinner. We had been to Crave at the Mall of America. We made reservations and were actually early by 10 minutes. I was very excited as she took us into the restaurant because there were a number of booths overlooking Hennepin. In fact the restaurant was only about 25% full. However she kept going and sat us with no view next to the wine room. Our server was very good. Although he did disappear for a spell and the manager had to refill our drinks. Atmosphere was good but catered towards business people and singles. Not good for teenagers. Menu was very limited. Prices were very high for the food. I am going to stick to my usual spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerAmanos2Dined on 10/6/2014Been here before. Food is great. Service is great. Would recommend anyone to go if you're in the mood for more expensive nice dinner in downtown Minneapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was CRAVE?AttitudeVIPDined on 10/5/2014Server wouldn't leave the table and was extremely chatty. The food was lukewarm at best, the check was screwed up and not a good experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Service was outstanding. Food was wonderful as well!! Would recommend to anyone. Waitress had good suggestions as well. Loved the whole experience!!Special Features:
- Long wait for table & poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We had an executive dinner with Target Corporation and when we arrived (15 minutes early), we were told our table had been taken by others. We had to wait 45 minutes to get another table, and by that time, some of the guests had to leave. It was 9:00 before we received our food for a 6:15 reservation. I will not be booking another corporate dinner at Crave.
- Evening OutJipatroVIPDined on 9/30/2014This was a pre-theatre spot for us. I thought the service was very good, chicken wings were great, and burger was okay. They got us in and out in plenty of time for the show.Special Features:
- Amazingly delicious!!!!!brewbabe2000Dined on 9/30/2014very good service/wait staff knowledgeable of menu,great food, ambiance....may be a little too noisy with the music, though. Had trouble conversing with my dining companionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodcuppyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was empty when we arrived and when we asked to not be seated in a giant booth, we were moved to the bar area overlooking the escalator which was super noisy and distracting. Our salads came out with our meals. The barramundi was overcooked and dried out. The stir fried chicken was also unappetizing! The chicken was cut into flat pieces and it too was not tasty and very dry. I don't think any of the four others I was with can say they actually enjoyed their meal. The only good thing I can say is the service was very good. I doubt we'll go back to a Crave restaurant for awhile.