CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
825 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.craveamerica.com/
- Phone: (612) 332-1133
- Hours of Operation:
Main Dining Room Hours:
Sunday 3pm-9pm + some Sunday lunches.
Monday 11am- 9pm
Tuesday 11am- 10pm
Wednesday 11am- 10pm
Thursday 11am- 11pm
Friday 11am- 11pm
Saturday 11am- 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Gerard Klass
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CRAVE Catering is proud to offer a dynamic new approach to full-service and delivery catering. Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! CRAVE is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email email@example.com to inquire!
- Entertainment: DJs on the Rooftop every Friday and Saturday in the summer.
A word from CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
Evoking the tastes of the new American palate, familiar yet unforgettable! CRAVE delivers fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike. The combination of the burnt earthen color palette, stone work, glass accents and a golden-tiled fireplace invites shoppers and destination diners alike to stop and linger — enjoying unforgettable meals with friends and family. An elegant floor-to-ceiling wine tower displays a 125+ wine selection. Rich hues and an open kitchen, light-dappled tabletops and an iconic bar create a familiar yet unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
297 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (122)special occasion (119)hot spot (96)fit for foodies (93)vibrant bar scene (76)great for outdoor dining (74)scenic view (59)great for lunch (53)romantic (42)late-night find (35)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (22)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (9)Show More
- Food is good.SandikayebDined on 11/22/2014Recommend reservations as we did on this visit. Wine choices were ok. Martini's were a bit spendy at 18.00 per drink. Portion size ok. Sushi was ok. Mahimahi was good.Special Features:
- I'd prefer the dining room.TXtwinDined on 11/19/2014The only major beef on this visit to Crave-Downtown is that they have no regular height tables in the dining room, just in one small area behind the sushi prep, open to the skyway which had a host of noisy groups passing. Being completely out of sight meant the waitress wasn't available when would have preferred----we were going to order dessert for takeout, but it took her so long to bring the menu that we just had to leave. I also suspect that we were charged full price for our drinks, even though at 5pm there was still plenty of time in Happy Hour and we were seated in the bar, just because we were ordering dinner. To get an excellent rating, we needed the host or waitress to give us the OPTION of first participating in Happy hour and then later changing seats (or at least bills) for dinner (for which we had a loyalty discount). But the raspberry gimlet was the tastiest cocktail I've had in awhile. The salads (baby Kale for me and with candied walnuts and goat cheese for my companion) were fabulous, well beyond expectation for crispness, freshness, assembly of flavors, ratio of salad to dressing. I couldn't taste any of the cheeses in the 7 cheese mac'n'cheese. The pork tenderloin was good but forgettable and the accompanying brussels sprouts ranged from nearly raw to charred. (The char was intentional and tasty, the raw ones not so much.) Maybe for our next trip we won't go at such a dead time of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great snack....happy! I always like you food.FancyDined on 11/15/2014Stopped for some late night snacks. We tried a couple items of of the late night happy hour menu--lemon chicken wings, tempura bites & kogi beef tacos. They were all delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentElizabethDined on 11/14/2014They were very accommodating when I called to say we were stuck in traffic and would be late arriving for our 6:15 reservation. The service was excellent and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would love to be able to give a full review...Chloe77Dined on 11/14/2014I would love to give an actual review but I can't because we were never served. We were seated immediately and that was our only contact. After 20 minutes we got up and left. I would like to say they were busy but that is no where close to true as we were one of only a few tables. Roughly seven severs walked past us never asking if we wanted drinks or anything.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, food & drinkslolalk21Dined on 11/13/2014Crave is a gem in downtown Minneapolis. The sushi is the best & drinks are fantastic. Service was top notch. I highly recommend this place. Can't wait to go there in the summer to check out their rooftop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - good food!!FOODJUNKIEDined on 11/9/2014I went to CRAVE downtown before a concert at Target Center. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and had a fun and upbeat attitude. I ordered the burger, which was cooked exactly how I had asked, and tasted great!! The rest of my group was impressed with their meals and the fact that our food hardly took anytime to come out at all! My aunt had the tomato basil soup and raved about it. I would highly suggest this restaurant - and they have GREAT HH SPECIALS!!! (which is always a plus!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dinnerdinnerdinerDined on 11/8/2014Neat restaurant with great options for dinner and drinks.Special Features:
- Don't care for new menuBeckyDined on 11/8/2014Crave is one of me & my husband's favorite places, however, many of the dishes we both enjoy are no longer on the menu. A bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garth pre-gamePrincessDined on 11/7/2014Our waiter Dion was awesome, so friendly and attentive! The alcoholic drinks were well worth the money, no watering down here. We had the flatbreads, have had better, would give them a 3. The bar area could be larger for people waiting but we would for sure return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2014Disappointed in the new menu. Much fewer non sushi selections.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food For MassesOztoybearDined on 11/6/2014To be fair, there was a Bob Dylan concert in town so the restaurant was at busting point BUT we requested a booth only to have filled before we arrive there, the food was relatively cold (avoid the steak - it's very expensive for the quality) and the lights kept flickering through out the meal. We were given a complimentary dessert to compensate for the strobe effect! I will not eat at CRAVE again....
- avoid on concert nightsfriendlydinerDined on 11/6/2014I have eaten at Crave several times and the food and service have been very good, but we ate there before the Garth Brooks Concert and it was terrible. Every meal was overcooked and cold. It was overpriced for the quality. The place was packed and clearly the kitchen and staff were not able to handle it. I won't go back
- turkey burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/5/2014I was impressed with the new turkey burger recipe - I can't place my finger on exactly what was different but I did like it.Special Features:
- Miss the old menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014I always came here for the edamame cream cheese wantons and the marg. pizza and both items have changed. It just isn't the same and isn't worth the price anymore.Special Features:
- Great Pre Theater Place to EatSanjaDined on 10/25/2014Right next to the State Theater with excellent food - what is there not to like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, OK ServiceJMS1VIPDined on 10/25/2014Starters - Jumbo Shrimp and chicken sausage flatbread were wonderful and so full of flavor. Caesar starter salad was on the spicy side. Scallops with butternut squash risotto were cooked perfectly and wonderfully seasoned. Ribeye steak was well marbled (almost a tad too much fat for a ribeye) but wonderfully seasoned although it was cooked a bit more than I had requested. Service was hit and miss. Waitress seemed bothered by the training she was doing. Not very outgoing. The waiter she was training was very personable. Would highly recommend and hope the waitress just had an off night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, serviceAthleticFattyDined on 10/24/2014I had a party of 8. We all had a great time. Great service, fun, friendly, prompt service. Great food. I always enjoy restaurants that have good sushi on their full menu. The sushi lovers and haters can get along at the same place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roof Top DisconnectAceW1Dined on 10/24/2014I really love the roof deck here. It's one of the best spots in Downtown. I hope they continue to push the season & keep it open in cold weather. The problem is that all of the food comes from the downstairs main kitchen. When they did the build out, CRAVE boasted about a serviceable rooftop kitchen/grill. The roof deck food is a low priority for the restaurant staff. They have a limited menu, but the food takes a while to get up there. The food is dropped at a servers station up there & nobody knows where to bring it. The staff looks dumbfounded every time. Nobody knows which plates got to what tables & who they go to @ the table. The hostess/host on the roof and inside have no idea what the others are doing. Same w/serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't have our reservationWentWellDined on 10/24/2014Even though Crave didn't have our reservation, made through OpenTable,they treated us well!Special Features:
- a swanky placehamiltonVIPDined on 10/19/2014good food, although caesar salad looked merely competent, the steaks were tasty and the excellent waiter made sure my dietary needs were met in a healthy and excellent fashion.Special Features:
- Great for a Special Night OutKrewmomDined on 10/19/2014I really like this location - better than the other Craves. The wait staff is very good and the food is always great!Special Features:
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Spectacular service! Delicious food! Such an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Not consistentOscarDined on 10/19/2014Three weeks ago we had a wonderful experience. We were going to a play and opted to repeat the same dinner. The artichoke dip bread was soggy, the spinach salad was bitter and the three spice fish was over cooked and no spice or flavor. The celery root mash was off too. The exact same meal was not worth repeating!
- Great food and serviceZimgirlDined on 10/19/20145 of us went to Crave to have lunch before seeing a play. The menu was really great and had lots of the words that I hear on the food channel so I was very interested in trying them. I had the pork tenderloin and it was just simply amazing. The mashed potatoes were the best I have ever had. I would go back to Crave when ever I'm in the cities.Special Features:
- Gluten Free MistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The issue was with the entree. I ordered the gluten-free lobster linguini. After eating a third of it, they came out with a second one and realized I had been eating the one with gluten in it. This is a huge deal. I am so very thankful that my gluten sensitivity is not more severe. Yes, I paid a price for it, but I have friends that would require a hospital visit from that mistake. This is NOT okay. If you advertise a gluten-free menu, you should know how much a mistake like that could cost somebody. You need to educate your servers and your chefs. Would you like to be responsible for someone's hospital stay because you weren't paying attention? I would not eat here again.
- Disappointing experienceTCTCDined on 10/18/2014This was my first negative experience at Crave. I had a 6:30 reservation for two prior to an 8:00 show at the State. We arrived right at 6:30 but weren't seated until 6:50 and then our entrees didn't arrive until 7:40. Not a lot of time to enjoy dinner before needing to leave for the show. In fairness, the server was friendly and professional and the food was very, very good (Pulled Chicken w/pappardelle & the Scallop entree) but it was a frustrating experience because of the slow service. I expect a place the caliber of Crave to schedule reservations appropriately and to be staffed sufficiently to handle the higher volumes of event nights. In the scheme of things, not that big of a deal. Just disappointing.
- Going to a show?KatieKDined on 10/18/2014If you are attending a concert or theatrical production, this is a great venue for pre-show dining. It's definitely on the pricey side, however, so beware. We dropped $150.00 with dinner, salads, and a couple of cocktails - yes, the salads are ala carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a great time. The service was pretty slow, but we were in no rush and understood that our server was very busy. Always enjoy Crave, at any location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service, good time!30andholdingDined on 10/18/2014CRAVE is a great dining solution for downtown Mpls. The weather was nice enough to dine on the roof, but they didn't have it open this late in the season. It's an additional element to the dining experience when available. The atmosphere is upscale and the prices are affordable and portions are generous. The menu selection is varied enough so that there is something for everyone. I hope Mpls can hang on to venues of this caliber!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemj1064Dined on 10/18/2014This is my second time eating at this particular Crave (have also eaten at the MOA and a Edina locations). At first I was disappointed that the menu had changed (my favorite items had been removed); however, the food was outstanding. My meal was delishous! The service was good. Our server checked in on us often, but not too much. The only thing I didn't like was were we sat. The resturant was maybe half full, so why wouldn't they seat us at a comfortable booth? Instead we sat at a high top table (something I expect when I'm having drinks and apps, not a meal). Not only that but we were right next to the area where food is placed for servers to pick up... Not my idea of a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGDined on 10/17/2014My experience at your restaurant was amazing. I did celebrate my birthday and i felt special. I enjoyed every course and drink. Also my server (sadly i can not remember her name) was very helpful, entertaining, funny and there whenever we needed her. She did an outstanding job. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We stopped at Crave for a quick dinner before a show. The place was full, and it was obvious that there were not enough bartenders or servers, seriously understaffed. The roof top on a beautiful fall night was so pleasant we didn't realize it was taking so long to get our food. But the waiter was very annoyed at the kitchen for not getting food out on time, so they compensated us for the entire meal - guess it would be the right thing to do.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014We have enjoyed Crave (Minneapolis) in the past, however, the service on this visit was poor. Salads came right before dinner, had to ask for drinks to be brought several times, and no follow-up in bringing several asked for items to our table. The service was even slow waiting for the waiter to come back and pick up the payment. It was not overly busy, so there was no reason for the delays and poor service. Food was good, but we will not go back for some time based on the service.Special Features:
- Wednesday NightTheatergoerDined on 10/15/2014We made our reservations online through opentable.com. As we arrived we were seated to a table immediately, but it then took almost 15 minutes before we saw our waiter/server for the first time. Our apps arrived before we had even been given our drinks- soda/water. Crowed was older in age and older aged patrons were attended to more frequently than younger patrons. Food is delicious but service at the Minneapolis location, makes we consider not going back.Special Features:
- Menu ChangeBergGirlDined on 10/15/2014The scaled down menu has some of my favorites missing. Service was okay she was pleasant just not as available as usual. Tables were wobbling and was told they were out of the leveling pads, I went to the bar and asked for some napkins and leveled the tables myself so the liquid stayed in our glasses when cutting our food. Still had my "Crunchy" and my son had his favorites just sad to see some things go!
- Dinner before the theaterOh4AParDined on 10/14/2014We have been to Crave several times in both Edina and St. Louis Park so were familiar with the menu and ambiance. LaSalle Plaza did not disappoint. Our waiter was upbeat, inquired if we were going to the theater and when he found out we were, he made sure we had a leisurely but timely experience. We were seated in the back table area so the noise level was very tolerable. It appeared as if the "bar crowd" was also enjoying the more upbeat ambiance. Overall, we would definitely return and recommend this dining experience to others.Special Features:
- Sssslllllllloooooowww....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Extremely slow service and the food was not that great. Very expensive for the dining experience. This was our second try at Crave and can say confidently that it was our last.
- OkayAshleyDined on 10/12/2014I have tried this Crave location several times. Each time is a different issue. This time food was very good. Service was very slow. There was a strange hooded man that kept walking around the kitchen area. He then sat at a high top closest to kitchen. Then he appeared to fall asleep. It was a bit unsettling. It was nice we had made a reservation, only to be seated closest to kitchen and bar station. That way we could hear the servers discussing the strange man. Why seat reservations at that table? That 4 top table should be used for walk-ins! Crave is so convenient for the Orpheum, but next show we are trying a different restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & wine.PST32Dined on 10/11/2014We had a great experience at CRAVE. The sushi and stir-fry were great, as was the wine. Smaller menu for all the shows happening that day. But it was great all around. We made reservations, but probably didn't need to for an early dinner (4:30ish) on a Saturday afternoon.Special Features: