CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
825 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.craveamerica.com/
- Phone: 6123321133x
- Hours of Operation:
Main Dining Room Hours:
Monday 11am- 11pm
Tuesday 11am- 12am
Wednesday 11am- 12am
Thursday 11am- 12am
Friday 11am- 1am
Saturday 11am- 1am
Sunday - Monday 11am - 11pm
Tuesday - Thursday 11am - 12am
Friday - Saturday 11am - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Gerard Klass
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CRAVE Catering is proud to offer a dynamic new approach to full-service and delivery catering. Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! CRAVE is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire!
- Entertainment: DJs on the Rooftop every Friday and Saturday in the summer.
A word from CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
Evoking the tastes of the new American palate, familiar yet unforgettable! CRAVE delivers fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike. The combination of the burnt earthen color palette, stone work, glass accents and a golden-tiled fireplace invites shoppers and destination diners alike to stop and linger — enjoying unforgettable meals with friends and family. An elegant floor-to-ceiling wine tower displays a 125+ wine selection. Rich hues and an open kitchen, light-dappled tabletops and an iconic bar create a familiar yet unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)good for groups (104)great for outdoor dining (103)scenic view (94)vibrant bar scene (74)hot spot (66)great for lunch (61)fit for foodies (59)romantic (43)late-night find (40)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (17)Show More
- LOVE CRAVE!MicheleDined on 8/31/2014The food was outstanding as was the service. It is quite loud in the main room so it was a little hard to hear our table of four talk but we will be back!Special Features:
- pay attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014This was a pre-show restaurant choice. Food was very good. Server was at times inattentive to our requests: we asked for a split of champagne to share, got 2 splits delivered. Also ordered a beer, which was brought without a glass. I'm all for drinking out of the bottle in a bar, but in a white table restaurant a glass should be routine when dining. When I asked for a glass, the response was "would you lie a glass for that". What I had just told him.Special Features:
- Disappointing "show menu"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014I am a fan of Crave, so I don't want to let one sub-par experience ruin my opinion of the restaurant. This was my first evening dining at Crave on the same night of a sold-out show at the Orpheum, and I was not aware that the menu would be drastically reduced to a "show menu" to keep the kitchen running smoothly. For a restaurant normally as busy as Crave, this made no sense to me. The service was slower then normal and the "grapefruit" salad we ordered as an appetizer contained exactly 2 tiny pieces of grapefruit. The manager seemed aware that there were many diners unhappy with the salad and comped ours, which was very kind of him. From now on I will be calling ahead to find out if it is a "show" night before heading to Crave.Special Features:
- ScottDined on 8/29/2014Service and atmosphere are great. Food was OK - appetizer (tuna tataki) was outstanding but entrees were just OK.
- GingerDined on 8/28/2014Calamari appetizer was hot, light and delicious, but the rest of the food underwhelmed....the walleye and the crunchy roll were bland looking and tasting, the potatoes that came with the walleye were not hot, had a previously cooked and reheated taste, and were extremely over-salted. The $90. price including tip was outrageous for 1 cocktail, 1 appetizer, and 2 entrees! Our waitress was friendly and competent.
- disappointingjames01Dined on 8/28/2014Will not return for some time. Our drinks took forever to get and the food was served luke warm at best. Used to be one of our favorite spots.Special Features:
- Pre-show OrpheumWartsDined on 8/27/2014A wonderful dining experience all around but especially outstanding service.Special Features:
- good food, poor serviceWineloverVIPDined on 8/24/2014We celebrated my sister's birthday at Crave and the nearby Book of Mormon. She and I ordered a bottle of wine- first it didn't come, then when it did it was the wrong wine. Took 30 minutes to get the wine! The food was good. Our server told the birthday girl she would get chocolate cake but brought it so late she couldn't enjoy it. The two men at the table split the bill on their 2 credit cards- my husband's bill was half the check and an additional check for $95. By the time the management got it straightened out (it was from a previous customer's bill...) my husband was nearly late for the show! The other Crave restaurants in the Minneapolis area have been great with wonderful service. This one needs lots of help!
- Disappointedjackm1VIPDined on 8/24/2014Reserved a dinner before "the Book of Mormon". Limited show menu. Atmosphere during the day was dark and uninviting. Simply too many other options in the area.
- Great ServiceNaniKaeDined on 8/24/2014My two friends and I had a wonderful dining experience at Crave after seeing a Sunday matinee at the Orpheum Theater. The food was excellent and the service was right on par. My favorites were the Margaritas and the Coconut Cake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before a showmissymissy47Dined on 8/24/2014Loved eating at Crave before going to a show at Orpheum! I had sushi and the hubby had a burger - both were great!Special Features:
- AmazingVivienleithDined on 8/21/2014It had the best of EVERYTHING we were craving so the name of the place was definitely appropriate!! We shared sushi, flatbread, & a HUGE salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnergopherfanDined on 8/21/2014Good food, but you pay a premium for it. The key lime desert is heavy on the lime, and fries are the small thin versions found at other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceRicoDined on 8/20/2014We have eaten here many times and always enjoy the atmosphere, the food and mostly the company. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid craveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Pre theater. Over booked, noisy and poor service. I ordered a Cosmo that was served half full. I pointed it out to our waiter who agreed and then brought out a normal looking drink that tasted awful. It must have been straight gin with cranberry. I then pointed it out to the manager who's only response was I'll take it off the bill. I told him to taste it and he refused.
- Great rooftopFrostyVIPDined on 8/20/2014...and the shrimp tacos are excellent. Another favorite is the Beef and Beet salad. I enjoy doing my business lunches on the rooftop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerMSPDINERDined on 8/17/2014Great location and excellent service. Will definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cellinaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Everything was good from the food to service was good. Very nice out door atmosphere with beautiful; view.Special Features:
- great outdoor dining in downtownfoodfanDined on 8/16/2014Weather was great, atmosphere was fun and our service was excellent. It's not the first time we've been to crave and it won't be the last. Sitting outside doesn't provide you the luxury of the entire menu but our server was willing to make a special trip downstairs for my gal to her her favorite veggie roll. Service above and beyond which was very nice. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks!GarfieldneDined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 9 and service was fast. Drinks were great and everyone loved the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Ruined the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014I don't write many reviews, but went to Crave before a show at 6:00 PM, and the service was one of the worst experiences I've had in a long time. It was not busy but the waiter seemed like he just didn't want to be there. Took his time responding to our needs but had plenty of time to chat with the other servers who were standing around as well. Could have been an isolated experience, but if I'm looking for great service, I will look elsewhere! Good news, the food was great as usual!Special Features:
- Great service! Great Food!KMS81Dined on 8/15/2014The service was excellent and the food was really tasty and good! The root top patio is amazing and such a great atmosphere. I will definitely go back and recommend to family and friends.Special Features:
- Sushi!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014The sushi was amazing!! There was a great variety. Everything we tried was very fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- Good timeStotsDined on 8/12/2014I really enjoyed the rooftop patio, there was a beautiful view from every table! Food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotImpressedDined on 8/12/2014Dined on roof top thinking it might be nice atmospherse since beautiful night, however not the case. Thinking dining indoors might have had atmosphere I was looking for. Service awful, server was NOT personable by any means. My hubby requested water w/ his beverage twice & took forever for the server to bring it. My meal forgotten about, apparently GF order got sent to different kitchen w/ no notes stating goes w/ other dishes, waited 10min after hubby meal came. Mnager brought meal, apologized, compt meal. Hubby thought his was good, mine less than desireable esp for the $ & the sides were cold.Also ordered another drink, server came back to the table (no drink in hand) asked if we were ready for the check. Yes, yes by that time we were.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Horrible service. Everyone around us was ticked. We were all missing appetizers and complete meals. There servers were awful and the management too. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there!
- Wish for a larger rooftop menuLunchieDined on 8/8/2014Although the view and feel of the rooftop is great, the lunch selection for food seems so limited. Would be beneficial to offer a soup/salad combo or be able to get favorites from Crave that you can only get at the bottom of the rooftop stairs.Special Features:
- Really 2 separate restaurants!NewOrleansFoodieDined on 8/7/2014We went to CRAVE at the recommendation of the concierge at the nearby Marriott, who had a really interesting looking menu and described a great rooftop setting. When we arrived for our 7:30 reservation we found that it was really two restaurants. The interesting ambitious menu was in the downstairs, indoor restaurant. The beautiful rooftop spot is really a bar/restaurant with a much less ambitious menu, a 25 minute wait for a table, a great view and a noisy, high-energy buzz. The food was good but not great. Server was a great guySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jFaayyDined on 8/2/2014We had reservations for CRAVE the night of the Paul McCartney concert and it was crazy! You could see that all the servers and the kitchen was swamped. Everything was very slow so patience was the name of the game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CRAVE - LaSalle PlazaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food was good - not great, but good. Service was ok; waiter could have been more outgoing. Lighting is poor - it was very hard to read the menu. Prices are high, but we expected that. CRAVE used to be Palomino and I had eaten there a few times. In my opinion, that was a better restaurant.Special Features:
- Before Sir Paul's concert...ChefwannabeTomDined on 8/2/2014We sent back a slightly too rare mahi-mahi and they lost it in the kitchen. A brand new filet arrived 10 minutes later and was about as rare. Then we waited another 10 minutes to get the bill processed and rushed out of there to beat the crowds into the field. The concert was memorable, the sprinkles were sporadic and Paul as seen from the 15th center section row was GREAT. All events considered, we will visit you again and I'll make sure Ronda does not order the mahi-mahi again. (I'm the only one who likes seared ahi or carpaccio.) I ended up helping here with her entree but next time I WILL have another go about with your miso sea bass which was superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow servicejaynakinsDined on 8/2/2014We got seated right away after making a reservation in advance for 10 people. There were several other large parties around that got seated after us, but their servers seemed more sttentive and they got drinks, food, and bills all before we did.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect theater spotPerfectDined on 8/1/2014We started early at the roof top deck and went down for supper before our show. It was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st times a charm!CitygalDined on 8/1/2014I met with a group for happy hour after work. Wanted a table on the rooftop, but was aware that you can't reserve for rooftop. Made a reservations for inside instead because the happy hour specials are not good for the rooftop. The appetizer specials were FABULOUS! The steak bites, buffalo wings, mini burgers, sweet potatoes fries and tots, chips and guacamole. All of the food was appetizer priced, it was cheap but EVERYTHING was very tasty. Also portions were not small. The bartender was very friendly attentive. The restaurant itself was classy. Rooftop had a VIP. Crowd-upscale. A few people were dressed formal, but the majority were business casual. The dirty Mojito's were great. HH drinks were allowed on roof, but in plastic cup.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodCraveRooftopDined on 7/26/2014We had a great time at Crave on the rooftop. The food was excellent, we had Guacamole and Chips, Spicy Salmon Roll, Caribbean Jerk Chicken, and Grilled Mahi Mahi. Everything was amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Service was great. Lots of staff available. Food selection was mediocre. Margarita pizza was tasteless, but crave burger was delicious. Service was quick. Would have loved to have eaten on the patio, but unfortunately someone had bought it out earlier in the evening. Beer selection was disappointing.Special Features:
- Excellent SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014Went with the middle Sushi boat. Really good selection and excellent rolls came with it. Defiantly worth the price.Special Features:
- Pre-concert dinner & drinksFrequenterDined on 7/17/2014Based on an earlier experience at Crave, we, and two friends, returned for a light dinner and drinks prior to a concert at Target Center. This was our first time on the roof and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Beautiful day, light breeze, great ambiance, perfect! The staff couldn't have been friendlier. The sushi was was well presented and very tasty....even for those who were first timers. The mixed drinks had a proper pour. The craft beer was truly appreciated. Well done!Special Features:
- Rooftop Patio is greatLunchtimeFoodieDined on 7/9/2014I had lunch with a friend during the week. It was a perfect day, with nice views from the roof-top patio. Our server was excellent. Nice selection of items (they had a sushi special going at the time, too). Very relaxing, yet quick and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday downpourkaylDined on 7/7/2014It was my birthday so my two girlfriends and I went down to Crave to have dinner. The night started off with us having to run through the rain to get to the restaurant because we did not realize there was a skyway that leads into the building Crave is in. There are skyways basically everywhere in the city, so before heading out in the rain or snow, check your parking ramp or building you are coming from for a skyway. Once we were in the restaurant (sopping wet I must add), the food was great but our waiter seemed to have a lot of tables to wait on. His service was very slow, it took about 25 minutes from the time we got the check to the time we got out the door. However, I would recommend this restaurant due to good location and food.I would recommend this to a friend.