CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
825 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.craveamerica.com/
- Phone: 6123321133x
- Hours of Operation:
Main Dining Room Hours:
Monday 11am- 11pm
Tuesday 11am- 12am
Wednesday 11am- 12am
Thursday 11am- 12am
Friday 11am- 1am
Saturday 11am- 1am
Sunday - Monday 11am - 11pm
Tuesday - Thursday 11am - 12am
Friday - Saturday 11am - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Gerard Klass
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CRAVE Catering is proud to offer a dynamic new approach to full-service and delivery catering. Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! CRAVE is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email email@example.com to inquire!
- Entertainment: DJs on the Rooftop every Friday and Saturday in the summer.
A word from CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
Evoking the tastes of the new American palate, familiar yet unforgettable! CRAVE delivers fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike. The combination of the burnt earthen color palette, stone work, glass accents and a golden-tiled fireplace invites shoppers and destination diners alike to stop and linger — enjoying unforgettable meals with friends and family. An elegant floor-to-ceiling wine tower displays a 125+ wine selection. Rich hues and an open kitchen, light-dappled tabletops and an iconic bar create a familiar yet unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (102)special occasion (96)good for groups (94)scenic view (80)hot spot (69)vibrant bar scene (62)fit for foodies (58)great for lunch (57)romantic (39)late-night find (33)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (10)Show More
- Not goodcuppyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was empty when we arrived and when we asked to not be seated in a giant booth, we were moved to the bar area overlooking the escalator which was super noisy and distracting. Our salads came out with our meals. The barramundi was overcooked and dried out. The stir fried chicken was also unappetizing! The chicken was cut into flat pieces and it too was not tasty and very dry. I don't think any of the four others I was with can say they actually enjoyed their meal. The only good thing I can say is the service was very good. I doubt we'll go back to a Crave restaurant for awhile.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014everything sbout this restaurant was terrific. Service was very helpful, food was absolutely delicious and the decor was amazing. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for great food and a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laurieb3Laurieb3Dined on 9/22/2014My sister-in-law and I had a delightful lunch at CRAVE yesterday. The food was delicious, I had the Asian Salad and she had Sushi. Our server, Steven, was attentive and friendly but let us have a lot of time to talk. It was a very fun place and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Bday Dinner for the BFAleyDined on 9/21/2014Crave was great! Not crowded at all on this particular Sunday evening. We ate on the rooftop which is really cool. The waitress was wonderful. We got cold at one point and the manager went through great pains to make sure our temperamental heater stayed lit. Food & drinks were great! Will definitely go again. Spendy but not outrageous for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place; mediocre serviceRobvDined on 9/21/2014Crave is a nice restaurant and had very good food. We had some drinks on the roof, which was great! Ambience was great and wait staff was spectacular. Then we went down to the restaurant for dinner. Server wasn't good and didn't provide the best service. Took a while to order, even though the restaurant wasn't that busy. We ordered appetizers, soup and dinner. Since we could see the kitchen from the dining room (which is really nice), we saw our food sit under the warming lights for all three courses. The first two were not there that long, but the main course sat there for a while. Food was luke warm when it got to us. Overall, food was very good, scene was great, but could have had better service.Special Features:
- jandd2015Dined on 9/20/2014All four of us enjoyed our dining experience. We were anxious to try this restaurant as it is booked by us for a Groom's Dinner on June 18th of 2015. We have a private dining room reserved. The food was very good and we are sure the guests will enjoy it too. It will be nice to have a private dining room because of the noise level.....we can make our own noise. Thank you.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner Was Great!BernLiMplsDined on 9/18/2014I took my husband to Crave to his first time (only my second) and it was FANTASTIC! The food was delicious and it's really a beautiful restaurant. The staff knew it was his birthday and presented him with a wonderful piece of chocolate cake and ice cream (with a candle). Nice touch! I always thought Crave was too expensive to eat at, but we thought the prices were very reasonable. We'll definitely be back! For those interested, he had the Crave burger, I had the walleye cakes and we shared a scallop appetizer and the bread basket (which is DElish!) Go there - you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Not anything to BRAG about"megxc02Dined on 9/16/2014I came upon Crave the website and menu seemed like it would be a good fit for me, my mom, and sister to have happy hour and some apps before a concert. I ordered a sushi plate, bread basket, and crispy chicken sliders. As we drink our specialty martini's we wait...and wait...and wait...the restaurant was not busy at all. After waiting 30 mins we asked how the food was coming then of course the food just appears within 1 minute seemed like she may have forgotten. Anyway...chicken sliders came out cold and the sushi wasn't that good. We were able to get a new plate of sliders for free and within 5 mins.Special Features:
- scarbjavDined on 9/16/2014Had the seasonal sea bass with corn guacamole - very good - seasonal dish, so get it while you can - great roof top barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday bashblair186Dined on 9/14/2014I was very pleased with the service and food. I brought my boyfriend there for his birthday and It was perfect for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostlyRosieDined on 9/14/2014Nice place for "pre-show" dinner, just way too expensive. Poor valueSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014We went to Crave after a play in Downtown Minneapolis. I was really looking forward to going there, and was really disappointed when it did not meet my expectations. We ate on the Rooftop, which was probably our first mistake. The service was just okay. My husband liked his burger, I did not care for my pasta. Basically, I felt like we paid a lot of money for food and service that was just okay.
- reservations were a mess!SushiloverDined on 9/13/2014I gave service 5 stars ONLY because our waiter was excellent!!! We had reservations at 6:45 and didn't get called to our table until 7:10. We were not happy at all and the host stand was chaotic. I have never had these problems at other CRAVE locations. I would not go back to this LaSalle Plaza restaurant.Special Features:
- overbooked and untimelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Arrived at reservation time only to wait 20 more minutes because no tables were available. And when I inquired with the hostess, she informed me we were still third in her list. We ended up having someone seat us at the sushi bar so we could get our orders in hopefully not be late to our next event. Waited 45 minutes for our food to arrive and couldn't even finish it because we were already late for our show! Very dissapointing.Special Features:
- UnderimpressedCIKEDined on 9/13/2014We had scheduled a 6:30 dinner and noted we had an 8 pm show at the Orpheum. We arrived early and waited. At 6:40, my husband asked the hostess about our reservation - she wouldn't even look up and he interrupted her to which she said, "it will be a second". We were finally seated at 6:45. We immediately ordered our food and it did not arrive until 7:35. We had to eat fast in order to get to our show. Not sure if the sit was understaffed or what was going on but this was not enjoyable and the hostess was very rude to everyone.
- Late foodarturoandiDined on 9/13/2014The food arrived at 7:42pm. Our reservation was at 6:30pm. We had to chow down to get to the 8pm show, which they knew we were going to. My burger was really pink and I ordered it medium well. We will not go back.
- dinner and a showcae9Dined on 9/13/2014we had dinner here before a show at the stages theatre. Food was good. It was a little disappointing that we got a show menu and not the full menu. It was limited when there were only certain things that you can eat. otherwise it was a good experience.Special Features:
- meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Food way meh. Service was meh. It was so loud that you could not hear the person across the table. Would I go back? Most likely no.
- Great foodsingerDined on 9/13/2014First time at Crave downtown. Awesome food. Excellent service. Our table overlooked the escalator inside the LaSalle building. Not the greatest ambiance. I am sure a table located further in the restaurant would be an improvement though. Next time I may request that. Will return. Everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drowning in saucelb827Dined on 9/12/2014The service was great to start. One of the managers even noticed that I had not eaten my soup (Tomato Basil Pesto - not good) and offered to take if off the bill. But once dinner arrived, service slowed down greatly. The food was also not good. I ordered the Sea Bass and my husband had the Ribeye. They were both drowning in sauce. When you order sea bass and ribeye, you would like to taste it. That was tough to do when the sauce was so abundant and overpowering. Very disappointing. Then the dessert took forever and when she did finally bring the check, she told us to take our time. This was after we mentioned we were attending a show. We had to quickly pay without even finishing the dessert.
- great for before theaterwadechenDined on 9/12/2014Crave has a Theater menu catered to show goers. The meal was good and they have the timing down to make sure your meal is relaxing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PredicatabletimetodineDined on 9/12/2014They know what they're doing. The formula works and is consistent. Glad to see Crave is still keeping the crowds coming. Very good at keeping us on time for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CraveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2014I understand that it is Saturday Night in Diwntown Minneapolis, so the place was crowded. We were seated outside the restaurant which was great for people watching but very loud with music above and a totally different music below. We ordered four meals. Two came hot, two cold. Asked for a gluten free menu, waitress forgot. So that person ordered steak off the menu. Ordered med rare it came very rare and was cold. Perhaps the waitress couldn't hear well either. All in all for the money the food and ambiance was not greatSpecial Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014very noisy--hard to talk--parking in underground garage not honored after returning from the theatre across the streetI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour!stpmeg13Dined on 9/9/2014I don't think I've ever eaten anything here that wasn't on the happy hour menu. Their prices are great on appetizers and sushi during happy hour. They have a ton of interesting twists on your basic happy hour bar food - chicken wings, gauc, flatbread, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014My husband, two kids and I were up on the Crave patio before the Buddy Guy concert. We had a few appetizers, drinks, we each had a meal, got two desserts and our server Thea...who was knowledgeable and fun, even brought my husband a piece of cake for his birthday! Everyone was happy about the whole experience and our food was GREAT! We definitely spent enough $, but it was all worth it! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late AppetizerVintage52Dined on 9/7/2014This is the only Crave location in the Cities I have not dined at (Palomino's use to be one of our fav restaurants, so it's an awesome location downtown! Taking advantage of a beautiful day we decided to do the rooftop! Our waitress was pleasant; but our appetizer was brought to us after our meals arrived (once we reminded her) -arghhhhh! Near the end of our meal a DJ started playing music very loud which made conversation a bit more challenging. I think I would opt for in-door dining next time. If you are just going for drinks and appetizers - the outdoor patio would be perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience ever at CraveDinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014We went to dinner before a show and this was absolutely the worst experience we've ever had here and we dine here A LOT. We had to ask for water, our drinks took forever to get. The waiter seemed overwhelmed and had no idea what he was doing. My food was not prepared correctly and we had to hunt him down to tell him. By the time my steak was returned (and still not cooked properly), the others at the table were done eating. This meal was a disaster and a poor reflection on the restaurant. We had company in from out of town and he was less than impressed especially since we had said how good the restaurant is. Pretty embarrassing.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerLoveEatingOutDined on 9/5/2014We dined at Crave prior to going to a show at the Orpheum. Sierra waited on us and she was terrific. The food was fantastic and the service perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LackingNjoydiningDined on 9/4/2014Was 2nd party there and asked for booth-told only for allowed for 6, but would ask mgr. she never returned and we watched 4 booths get filled with 2 or 4...but not us. Mahi mahi and asparagus came unseasoned- no spices in preparation at all and no sauce for veg.- bland! Shrimp fettuccine sauce was very heavy. Had to ask for a chiller for white wine bottle and initially told they didn't have one. Put 2 tables together for group behind us so closely that my chair and person behind me touched. I moved to other seat at our table, but without view. Waitress never acknowledged the issue or my move. Dark and noisy. Have been there several times before and was ok. Not this time.
- Great before te showDavid55446Dined on 9/3/2014We booked a table for 4 before a show at the Orpheum. It's a great location. Our food, service, and the ambiance were excellent. Within the class of restaurants that Crave fits, I would give it 5 stars for our dinning experience. It fully met or exceeded my expectations for the evening. Thank you Crave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Minneapolis gem!ChezDined on 9/2/2014Great place for pre theatre dining. Ate on the rooftop patio on a gorgeous evening. Perfect!Special Features:
- LOVE CRAVE!MicheleDined on 8/31/2014The food was outstanding as was the service. It is quite loud in the main room so it was a little hard to hear our table of four talk but we will be back!Special Features:
- pay attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014This was a pre-show restaurant choice. Food was very good. Server was at times inattentive to our requests: we asked for a split of champagne to share, got 2 splits delivered. Also ordered a beer, which was brought without a glass. I'm all for drinking out of the bottle in a bar, but in a white table restaurant a glass should be routine when dining. When I asked for a glass, the response was "would you lie a glass for that". What I had just told him.Special Features:
- Disappointing "show menu"IHeartMplsDined on 8/31/2014I am a fan of Crave, so I don't want to let one sub-par experience ruin my opinion of the restaurant. This was my first evening dining at Crave on the same night of a sold-out show at the Orpheum, and I was not aware that the menu would be drastically reduced to a "show menu" to keep the kitchen running smoothly. For a restaurant normally as busy as Crave, this made no sense to me. The service was slower then normal and the "grapefruit" salad we ordered as an appetizer contained exactly 2 tiny pieces of grapefruit. The manager seemed aware that there were many diners unhappy with the salad and comped ours, which was very kind of him. From now on I will be calling ahead to find out if it is a "show" night before heading to Crave.Special Features:
- ScottDined on 8/29/2014Service and atmosphere are great. Food was OK - appetizer (tuna tataki) was outstanding but entrees were just OK.
- GingerDined on 8/28/2014Calamari appetizer was hot, light and delicious, but the rest of the food underwhelmed....the walleye and the crunchy roll were bland looking and tasting, the potatoes that came with the walleye were not hot, had a previously cooked and reheated taste, and were extremely over-salted. The $90. price including tip was outrageous for 1 cocktail, 1 appetizer, and 2 entrees! Our waitress was friendly and competent.
- disappointingjames01Dined on 8/28/2014Will not return for some time. Our drinks took forever to get and the food was served luke warm at best. Used to be one of our favorite spots.Special Features:
- Pre-show OrpheumWartsDined on 8/27/2014A wonderful dining experience all around but especially outstanding service.Special Features:
- Great rooftopElsaVIPDined on 8/26/2014We dined on the rooftop, definitely a go to for happy hour. It's a bit noisy and you do not get the full menu from the roof deck. But for drinks and small bites, the roof top dining works.Special Features: