CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
825 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.craveamerica.com/
- Phone: 6123321133x
- Hours of Operation:
Main Dining Room Hours:
Monday 11am- 11pm
Tuesday 11am- 12am
Wednesday 11am- 12am
Thursday 11am- 12am
Friday 11am- 1am
Saturday 11am- 1am
Sunday - Monday 11am - 11pm
Tuesday - Thursday 11am - 12am
Friday - Saturday 11am - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Gerard Klass
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CRAVE Catering is proud to offer a dynamic new approach to full-service and delivery catering. Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! CRAVE is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email email@example.com to inquire!
- Entertainment: DJs on the Rooftop every Friday and Saturday in the summer.
A word from CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza
Evoking the tastes of the new American palate, familiar yet unforgettable! CRAVE delivers fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike. The combination of the burnt earthen color palette, stone work, glass accents and a golden-tiled fireplace invites shoppers and destination diners alike to stop and linger — enjoying unforgettable meals with friends and family. An elegant floor-to-ceiling wine tower displays a 125+ wine selection. Rich hues and an open kitchen, light-dappled tabletops and an iconic bar create a familiar yet unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
CRAVE - LaSalle Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (100)special occasion (99)great for outdoor dining (87)scenic view (72)hot spot (71)fit for foodies (65)vibrant bar scene (64)great for lunch (54)romantic (33)late-night find (31)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014We have enjoyed Crave (Minneapolis) in the past, however, the service on this visit was poor. Salads came right before dinner, had to ask for drinks to be brought several times, and no follow-up in bringing several asked for items to our table. The service was even slow waiting for the waiter to come back and pick up the payment. It was not overly busy, so there was no reason for the delays and poor service. Food was good, but we will not go back for some time based on the service.Special Features:
- Wednesday NightTheatergoerDined on 10/15/2014We made our reservations online through opentable.com. As we arrived we were seated to a table immediately, but it then took almost 15 minutes before we saw our waiter/server for the first time. Our apps arrived before we had even been given our drinks- soda/water. Crowed was older in age and older aged patrons were attended to more frequently than younger patrons. Food is delicious but service at the Minneapolis location, makes we consider not going back.Special Features:
- Menu ChangeBergGirlDined on 10/15/2014The scaled down menu has some of my favorites missing. Service was okay she was pleasant just not as available as usual. Tables were wobbling and was told they were out of the leveling pads, I went to the bar and asked for some napkins and leveled the tables myself so the liquid stayed in our glasses when cutting our food. Still had my "Crunchy" and my son had his favorites just sad to see some things go!
- Dinner before the theaterOh4AParDined on 10/14/2014We have been to Crave several times in both Edina and St. Louis Park so were familiar with the menu and ambiance. LaSalle Plaza did not disappoint. Our waiter was upbeat, inquired if we were going to the theater and when he found out we were, he made sure we had a leisurely but timely experience. We were seated in the back table area so the noise level was very tolerable. It appeared as if the "bar crowd" was also enjoying the more upbeat ambiance. Overall, we would definitely return and recommend this dining experience to others.Special Features:
- Sssslllllllloooooowww....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Extremely slow service and the food was not that great. Very expensive for the dining experience. This was our second try at Crave and can say confidently that it was our last.
- OkayAshleyDined on 10/12/2014I have tried this Crave location several times. Each time is a different issue. This time food was very good. Service was very slow. There was a strange hooded man that kept walking around the kitchen area. He then sat at a high top closest to kitchen. Then he appeared to fall asleep. It was a bit unsettling. It was nice we had made a reservation, only to be seated closest to kitchen and bar station. That way we could hear the servers discussing the strange man. Why seat reservations at that table? That 4 top table should be used for walk-ins! Crave is so convenient for the Orpheum, but next show we are trying a different restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & wine.PST32Dined on 10/11/2014We had a great experience at CRAVE. The sushi and stir-fry were great, as was the wine. Smaller menu for all the shows happening that day. But it was great all around. We made reservations, but probably didn't need to for an early dinner (4:30ish) on a Saturday afternoon.Special Features:
- Frequent dinerfoodexpertDined on 10/11/2014We always like Crave before the musicals at the Orpheum. The location is perfect for theater goers. The place is aware of the fact people are going to the theater. The food is good and it is possible to talk since they honor our table request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every timeKrewmomDined on 10/11/2014Went for lunch before seeing a show at the Orpheum- loved it as usual!Special Features:
- Great dining experiencetheeatenBsDined on 10/11/2014Went to Crave for the first time before a show at the Orpheum. The view was great, the menu had everything we wanted, the service was excellent and the food was yummy. We can't wait to go back and try the roof top dining (it was closed the day we were there).Special Features:
- Great Downtown diningLionDined on 10/10/2014Our group had a lovely meal after the "Brave New FriendRaiser" event for Our Saviour's Community Services. The server was very helpful in selecting the right wine and the food was excellent. This is a great place to go if you are taking in some of the cultural offerings in Minneapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business MeetingMNWild22Dined on 10/10/2014Conducted a business meeting at CRAVE and it was a perfect atmosphere. Easy to find parking, diverse menu everyone could find something they'd love and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Running lateNickDined on 10/9/2014Very accommodating for our reservation time which we were running a bit behind on. Called inadvance and was taken care of. Thank you!Special Features:
- BonnieVIPDined on 10/9/2014very noisy, but close to theaters It seemed to have quite a small dinner menu but delicious food.Special Features:
- First time at Crave downtownTheater4dinnerDined on 10/9/2014We were attending a show at the Orpheum Theater. We wanted to try a different place besides the regular for dinner. We had been to Crave at the Mall of America. We made reservations and were actually early by 10 minutes. I was very excited as she took us into the restaurant because there were a number of booths overlooking Hennepin. In fact the restaurant was only about 25% full. However she kept going and sat us with no view next to the wine room. Our server was very good. Although he did disappear for a spell and the manager had to refill our drinks. Atmosphere was good but catered towards business people and singles. Not good for teenagers. Menu was very limited. Prices were very high for the food. I am going to stick to my usual spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerAmanos2Dined on 10/6/2014Been here before. Food is great. Service is great. Would recommend anyone to go if you're in the mood for more expensive nice dinner in downtown Minneapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was CRAVE?AttitudeVIPDined on 10/5/2014Server wouldn't leave the table and was extremely chatty. The food was lukewarm at best, the check was screwed up and not a good experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Service was outstanding. Food was wonderful as well!! Would recommend to anyone. Waitress had good suggestions as well. Loved the whole experience!!Special Features:
- Long wait for table & poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We had an executive dinner with Target Corporation and when we arrived (15 minutes early), we were told our table had been taken by others. We had to wait 45 minutes to get another table, and by that time, some of the guests had to leave. It was 9:00 before we received our food for a 6:15 reservation. I will not be booking another corporate dinner at Crave.
- Evening OutJipatroVIPDined on 9/30/2014This was a pre-theatre spot for us. I thought the service was very good, chicken wings were great, and burger was okay. They got us in and out in plenty of time for the show.Special Features:
- Amazingly delicious!!!!!brewbabe2000Dined on 9/30/2014very good service/wait staff knowledgeable of menu,great food, ambiance....may be a little too noisy with the music, though. Had trouble conversing with my dining companionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodcuppyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was empty when we arrived and when we asked to not be seated in a giant booth, we were moved to the bar area overlooking the escalator which was super noisy and distracting. Our salads came out with our meals. The barramundi was overcooked and dried out. The stir fried chicken was also unappetizing! The chicken was cut into flat pieces and it too was not tasty and very dry. I don't think any of the four others I was with can say they actually enjoyed their meal. The only good thing I can say is the service was very good. I doubt we'll go back to a Crave restaurant for awhile.
- TerrificNickDined on 9/26/2014everything sbout this restaurant was terrific. Service was very helpful, food was absolutely delicious and the decor was amazing. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for great food and a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laurieb3Laurieb3Dined on 9/22/2014My sister-in-law and I had a delightful lunch at CRAVE yesterday. The food was delicious, I had the Asian Salad and she had Sushi. Our server, Steven, was attentive and friendly but let us have a lot of time to talk. It was a very fun place and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Bday Dinner for the BFAleyDined on 9/21/2014Crave was great! Not crowded at all on this particular Sunday evening. We ate on the rooftop which is really cool. The waitress was wonderful. We got cold at one point and the manager went through great pains to make sure our temperamental heater stayed lit. Food & drinks were great! Will definitely go again. Spendy but not outrageous for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place; mediocre serviceRobvDined on 9/21/2014Crave is a nice restaurant and had very good food. We had some drinks on the roof, which was great! Ambience was great and wait staff was spectacular. Then we went down to the restaurant for dinner. Server wasn't good and didn't provide the best service. Took a while to order, even though the restaurant wasn't that busy. We ordered appetizers, soup and dinner. Since we could see the kitchen from the dining room (which is really nice), we saw our food sit under the warming lights for all three courses. The first two were not there that long, but the main course sat there for a while. Food was luke warm when it got to us. Overall, food was very good, scene was great, but could have had better service.Special Features:
- jandd2015Dined on 9/20/2014All four of us enjoyed our dining experience. We were anxious to try this restaurant as it is booked by us for a Groom's Dinner on June 18th of 2015. We have a private dining room reserved. The food was very good and we are sure the guests will enjoy it too. It will be nice to have a private dining room because of the noise level.....we can make our own noise. Thank you.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014We were headed to a concert at the State Theater so it was an easy pick. The food was good but not great. I did like the rooftop dinning. It had great views of downtown Minneapolis.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner Was Great!BernLiMplsDined on 9/18/2014I took my husband to Crave to his first time (only my second) and it was FANTASTIC! The food was delicious and it's really a beautiful restaurant. The staff knew it was his birthday and presented him with a wonderful piece of chocolate cake and ice cream (with a candle). Nice touch! I always thought Crave was too expensive to eat at, but we thought the prices were very reasonable. We'll definitely be back! For those interested, he had the Crave burger, I had the walleye cakes and we shared a scallop appetizer and the bread basket (which is DElish!) Go there - you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Not anything to BRAG about"megxc02Dined on 9/16/2014I came upon Crave the website and menu seemed like it would be a good fit for me, my mom, and sister to have happy hour and some apps before a concert. I ordered a sushi plate, bread basket, and crispy chicken sliders. As we drink our specialty martini's we wait...and wait...and wait...the restaurant was not busy at all. After waiting 30 mins we asked how the food was coming then of course the food just appears within 1 minute seemed like she may have forgotten. Anyway...chicken sliders came out cold and the sushi wasn't that good. We were able to get a new plate of sliders for free and within 5 mins.Special Features:
- scarbjavDined on 9/16/2014Had the seasonal sea bass with corn guacamole - very good - seasonal dish, so get it while you can - great roof top barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday bashblair186Dined on 9/14/2014I was very pleased with the service and food. I brought my boyfriend there for his birthday and It was perfect for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostlyRosieDined on 9/14/2014Nice place for "pre-show" dinner, just way too expensive. Poor valueSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014We went to Crave after a play in Downtown Minneapolis. I was really looking forward to going there, and was really disappointed when it did not meet my expectations. We ate on the Rooftop, which was probably our first mistake. The service was just okay. My husband liked his burger, I did not care for my pasta. Basically, I felt like we paid a lot of money for food and service that was just okay.
- reservations were a mess!SushiloverDined on 9/13/2014I gave service 5 stars ONLY because our waiter was excellent!!! We had reservations at 6:45 and didn't get called to our table until 7:10. We were not happy at all and the host stand was chaotic. I have never had these problems at other CRAVE locations. I would not go back to this LaSalle Plaza restaurant.Special Features:
- overbooked and untimelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Arrived at reservation time only to wait 20 more minutes because no tables were available. And when I inquired with the hostess, she informed me we were still third in her list. We ended up having someone seat us at the sushi bar so we could get our orders in hopefully not be late to our next event. Waited 45 minutes for our food to arrive and couldn't even finish it because we were already late for our show! Very dissapointing.Special Features:
- UnderimpressedCIKEDined on 9/13/2014We had scheduled a 6:30 dinner and noted we had an 8 pm show at the Orpheum. We arrived early and waited. At 6:40, my husband asked the hostess about our reservation - she wouldn't even look up and he interrupted her to which she said, "it will be a second". We were finally seated at 6:45. We immediately ordered our food and it did not arrive until 7:35. We had to eat fast in order to get to our show. Not sure if the sit was understaffed or what was going on but this was not enjoyable and the hostess was very rude to everyone.
- Late foodarturoandiDined on 9/13/2014The food arrived at 7:42pm. Our reservation was at 6:30pm. We had to chow down to get to the 8pm show, which they knew we were going to. My burger was really pink and I ordered it medium well. We will not go back.
- dinner and a showcae9Dined on 9/13/2014we had dinner here before a show at the stages theatre. Food was good. It was a little disappointing that we got a show menu and not the full menu. It was limited when there were only certain things that you can eat. otherwise it was a good experience.Special Features:
- meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Food way meh. Service was meh. It was so loud that you could not hear the person across the table. Would I go back? Most likely no.