CRAVE - Galleria
3520 W. 70th St. at France Avenue (in the Galleria)
Edina, MN 55435Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - Galleria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craveamerica.com/
- Phone: (952) 697-6000
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10am- 9pm
Monday 11am- 10pm
Tuesday 11am- 10pm
Wednesday 11am- 10pm
Thursday 11am- 10pm
Friday 11am- 11pm
Saturday 11am- 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Don Kowalsky
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! Crave is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email email@example.com to inquire!
- Special Events: Sunday brunch is served 10am-3pm.
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3-6pm & 9pm-Close | Sunday 8-9pm
A word from CRAVE - Galleria
CRAVE delivers on one simple thing: Fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
CRAVE - Galleria - Best Restaurants in Edina ›
CRAVE - Galleria reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (99)fit for foodies (83)special occasion (77)good for groups (76)neighborhood gem (63)hot spot (49)great for brunch (37)great for outdoor dining (34)romantic (33)kid-friendly (31)vibrant bar scene (30)notable wine list (29)late-night find (17)scenic view (3)Show More
- Okay place to go for Sunday brunchRDFoodieDined on 11/23/2014Service was friendly. My husband would have liked to have had a meat containing omelet option for brunch. Potatoes were excellent. Would have liked to have salt and pepper on the table--especially pepper for the eggs. Toast is really mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmmmDined on 11/21/2014Our server was cheerful, but inept. Leaving us to wait up to 25 minutes several times at lunch and not checking coffee refills, dessert orders (which we ended up skipping) and presenting the check. We already spoke to the manage,r as this is atypical of Crave. The food and setting were great, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!ZickerDined on 11/21/2014Crave is one of my all-time favorite. The location and the galleria is particularly good and is always been consistent delivering great food and great service whether it is lunch or dinner. I took clients here twice this week alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014We went to Crave for our anniversary dinner. The food and service were great. We enjoyed our visit and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experience with delicious foodSushi91Dined on 11/17/2014CRAVE always meets my expectations for a great dining experience. Their sushi is to die-for and their service is always on par. I booked my reservation online, which was quick and easy. They had a table ready in the back when I arrived and the atmosphere was very elegant, yet inviting and warm. I've tried at least 6 different kinds of their sushi and have been beyond satisfied with every item. Every time I leave, I can't wait to return! I would easily recommend CRAVE to anyone looking to try a new restaurant in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absoutely wonderful dining experience at Crave!JockoVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had a terrific evening at Crave. They hit on all cylinders. Great appetizers (flatbread) delicious sushi, great wine and beer selection and outstanding service! Also quite vibrant and busy throughout the evening. We will do it again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud ladiesPamelaVIPDined on 11/13/2014The large group next to us was very loud and the noise carried a lot in our small area. We ordered flatbread pizzas thinking we could all share. When the food arrived, it was barely warm and then cooled off. Either way the pizza was very good but I prefer it hot when first out of the kitchen. I've eaten here often since CRAVE opened in the Galleria. Noise happens but this is the first time our food didn't meet the usual standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have had betterteach1VIPDined on 11/9/2014Normally we love Crave for breakfast. However, we didn't have the best experience, today. The omelette special came with the sauce on, when I ordered it on the side. My boyfriend ordered his eggs sunnyside up, but they came over easy and hard. They offered to redo them , which they did, but by the time he got his eggs, I was already finished eating.The fruit wasn't the freshest. We will more than likely go there again, but hopefully we will have a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014A small group of us were looking for someplace other than our usual spots for dinner. The sushi roll apps and desserts were delicious! I would totally go back for the crème brûlée! However the entrees left a lot to be desired. I had ordered the chicken stir fry and another in our group had ordered the baked Mac and cheese. Both had very little flavor to say the least. The "so called" cheese sauce in the Mac and cheese tasted like a roux thinned out with milk. I must say the pork tenderloin had great flavor and was cooked perfectly. I would go back but certainly order something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BJDSRDined on 11/8/2014The sushi was very good. We had reservations and we were seated promptly upon our arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall - Great!CandaceDined on 11/1/2014Loved everything about the evening and the experience at the restaurant. Server was really great - she was exactly the right level of presence and not intrusiveSpecial Features:
- Excellent Once AgainKyleDined on 11/1/2014I have been to Crave a few times now and the experiences are always satisfying! Great food and great ambiance coupled with impeccable service.Special Features:
- The service was outstanding!2000jellybeansDined on 11/1/2014I had reserved a table for six, but two were unable to join us. When I told the servers , they happily changed the table by dropping the sides so the four of us could be closer and hear each other. The servers treated us like royalty. They were there for us! I will definitely return to this Crave! The food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fungg99Dined on 10/31/2014It is hard to have a Halloween birthday but we had a great dinner and wonderful service to celebrate my husband's birthday. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Fresh and FlavorfulDougVIPDined on 10/30/2014First time visit to Crave-Galleria, an attractive venue with a semi-open kitchen, a sushi station, great lighting, and cozy fireplaces. Shared two sushi selections (spider and volcano rolls) and both were wonderfully fresh and tasty. A sunomono salad was very fresh, but a little lacking in flavor. Finished off with the Basil-tomato-pesto soup which was fantastic---probably the best I've ever tasted. Our server, Crystal, was very friendly and efficient. Will definitely return to try other menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clearly they have new stafffoodforthoughtVIPDined on 10/27/2014I have been to this location more than 24 times. It is a frequent happy hour stop for me after work. Usually the food and service are impeccable. Sadly, not the case with this visit. Our server Thomas, wasn't friendly nor that organized. My sushi sat in the window for more than 10 minutes until another server finally brought it to the table. My guest's entree hadn't even been started yet. Then the beer I ordered sat on the bar pass for so long I decided to go to the bar and ask the bartender for it myself. At least the bartender apologized for the lack of service. Thomas then made himself scarce until it was time for our check. I was shocked he never apologized himself. I think it will be a while before I go back after this experience.
- IrishMalbecDined on 10/26/2014Our waitress was Micheln she was so very attentive and helped us figure out our loyalty cards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicetopazDined on 10/26/2014The service was outstanding. We were never neglected. Our water glasses and ice teas were promptly refilled. The wait for the food was not long. The food was good, but not the best I have eaten. I had the crab/shrimp egg Benedict. I would have liked the crab/shrimp patties more firm. The pouched eggs were perfect. Brunch was a very good experience and I would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent/Great all the timeMplseatsDined on 10/24/2014Prefer the high tops at the bar, more fun... But we got stuck on the 3 season porch. No matter.. We were hungry/tired and just sat down, Our server, JoJo had waited on us several times before. She is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CousinsDined on 10/24/2014I was able to get a last minute lunch organized with a few friends and no one was disappointed at Grave. The wait staff was very pleasant and helpful and there were no nasty looks for taking "too long to eat". The food was delicious and the noise level was very comfortable. None of us will hesitate to return to the Galleria location.Special Features:
- Took almost an hour to get my bassFinerdinerDined on 10/18/2014When it finally came it was hot and tasty. Of course I was pretty hungry by then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious and a beautifulcandibitzDined on 10/17/2014I always enjoy coming here. For lunch we took and advantage of their lunch special and had a cup of butternut squash soup and half a sandwich of chicken, apple and brie. Tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will be back!PickyEaterDined on 10/12/2014Classy and relaxed. Scallops were awesome and my friend loved the Mahi Mahi. Service was attentive, but not overly so. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great FoodJakeDined on 10/11/2014As always the food is excellent at crave and reasonably priced. It's always homecoming weekend during my gal's birthday weekend so the ambiance is ruined without exception every year.Special Features:
- Loved our serverBaylakerDined on 10/11/2014She was one of the best I've experienced lately. Very friendly, made sure we were aware of new selections, offered us some favorites and just overall attentive. Wish there were more around like her and that I could remember her name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curiously corporateSJNmplsDined on 10/6/2014It was my wife's and my first time at CRAVE. I was surprised by the Japanese focus - which was a pleasant surprise - and had an appetizer from the sushi side of the menu and an entree from the other side. The Norwegian Salmon salad had a little more dressing on it than I thought it needed, but it was good. The Scallop Poppers appetizer was very good. The sake sampler I had to drink was a let-down, and I'd had sake many times before. The 3 samples all tasted bland and all tasted the same. My wife enjoyed the barramundi. Overall, I thought CRAVE had a "calculated corporate" tone to it, like it was the result of extensive committee reviews. It felt to me like the Cheesecake Factory, but classier and without the cheesecake.Special Features:
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Crave looks to be a good place to eat and it may be, just not the evening we were there. Food was good, service acceptable. When I asked that a birthday cupcake+candle be brought to our table for desert, a server told me she would make sure that happened and that she would tell our server about it (our birthday guest was not to know). When the time came for desert, our server had either forgotten or had not been told, thus spoiling the surprise. Would I go back? Probably not.
- Quick turn-aroundRamblinreviewsDined on 10/4/2014We're not from MN, but someone had mentioned Crave, and for a group of 10 we knew a reservation would be needed on a Saturday night. Reserved at 7:30 for an 8:30 show-up and they handled it great. Good sashimi, the young folks liked the roasted chicken, the Paloma cocktail is great. Stir fried chicken so-so, hostess was a bit surly, waitress a real pro.Special Features:
- Atmosphere > FoodTfunVIPDined on 10/3/2014Friendly, warm and energetic atmosphere. Friendly and personal wait staff, although the service was slow. Food was poorly prepared and over-priced. I had the Mahi-Mahi. It was overcooked, dry and cool. Difficult to make that combination. My wife had the half-chicken which was very good but the rice was undercooked and almost crunchy. The waitress Irene was great and very understanding. If I would ever go back it would be for the sushi, maybe that is better.
- YUM!ieatstuffDined on 10/3/2014Always love going to Crave. They have great martinis and of course excellent sushi! A fun bonus is that they have "bite size" desserts that are ~$4, perfect for when you want dessert but don't want to spend another $15 on something you will take 2 bites of. Great service, great ambiance, perfect for date nights with your girlfriends or partner! What we had: I went there with my girlfriend and we got 3 sushi rolls, 2 martinis each and shared a mini dessert, and it cost about $50 each including tip.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious!QueenBee67Dined on 9/30/2014Crave provided everything we were looking for - nice ambiance but not too dressy/upscale, high-quality composition of meal components, great presentation on the plate, absolutely delicious (sushi, salmon, scallops), friendly staff, great selection of meals and beverages on the menu. It's not inexpensive nor over the top - you get what you pay for. With four meals, 1-2 drinks/glasses of wine per person, two starters and rich, creamy, sweet mini-desserts like french silk or caramel mouse to finish we were very satisfied with spending just over $200 for the four of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob42Bob42Dined on 9/30/2014High marks for both food and BAR DRINKS! Pilgrim Manhattan! Can I have another?Special Features:
- Good service, pleasant atmosphereCeeJayDined on 9/29/2014The food wasn't bad, but the menu has been completely changed - liked it better before. Trying too hard to be different. Great sushi though. Tables a little close for comfort and at 7:30 they had already run out of two of the dessert choices we ordered (made inhouse daily). Not a bad experience, but not as good as when we've been there before. Not sure I'll go back.
- Great food but really loudDaveVIPDined on 9/27/2014Starting off. everything we ordered was wonderful. If we were just going out for food this review would have six stars. Unfortunately we were going out for for and a time to connect. The resetraunt was really loud, too loud. After not being able to hear over people next to us we had to ask to be moved. There was a couple large parties for homecoming but they were the quiet groups. This is definitely not our 1st time and we will return but maybe on an off night.Special Features:
- We will returnbirch2Dined on 9/27/2014I ordered the lamb meatball dish and was very happy with it. I was in the mood for something different and thought it was very good, would order again. Although having said that I would also want to order some of their other entrees as well first. I tried my date's flatbread pizza and thought it too was very good. Their caesar salad features warm cheese croutons which were to die for, so tasty. Their chocolate cake with real whipped cream was also to die for. Very happy with the food. Our server could have been a bit more upbeat/enthusiastic and dishes cleared sooner than they were, but it was a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...loudDined on 9/23/20141st you walk through a servers area to get to the dining room. When you are spending this kind of money this is really tacky. The noise level was so high that it was hard to hear your fellow diners. Wood ceiling, concrete floor, they need something to baffle the noise. menu interesting and the food was good. Our server, Irene was the best. I don't think I would go back to this Crave, maybe try a different locationSpecial Features:
- CousinsDined on 9/23/2014We met relatives from out of town at Crave and had a wonderful experience. Thoughtfully we were given an out of the way corner where we had great service, a delicious lunch and were able to visit for 3 1/2 hours! We will not hesitate to go there again.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualTominminnVIPDined on 9/20/2014We understood the menu was brand new. Sadly missing was a tuna entree. The original ahi was outstanding, and the most recent was still close to the best entree on the menu. My wife and a friend loved the Crave salad as always, and I enjoyed the Poblano Caesar as well. The waitress took my silverware, but didn't replace it until a few minutes after the entrees arrived.I ordered the spicy ribeye special and my dining companions ordered the regular ribeye. We all ordered our steaks medium rare emphasizing we wanted them pink/red in the middle. Sadly two were medium well and mine was medium. We were offered dessert when we shared our comments. We have always loved this Crave, so an off night will not keep us aw
- Great Food!!!!!,WilltravelforfoodDined on 9/20/2014Always great food and wait staff is first rate!!!!!!lSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected better for the cost.ExpectBetterDined on 9/19/2014Food was under cooked and cool. I would expect better for the cost.