CRAVE - Galleria
3520 W. 70th St. at France Avenue (in the Galleria)
Edina, MN 55435Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - Galleria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craveamerica.com/
- Phone: 9526976000x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10am- 9pm
Monday 11am- 10pm
Tuesday 11am- 10pm
Wednesday 11am- 10pm
Thursday 11am- 10pm
Friday 11am- 11pm
Saturday 11am- 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Don Kowalsky
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! Crave is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email email@example.com to inquire!
- Special Events: Sunday brunch is served 10am-3pm.
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3-6pm & 9pm-Close | Sunday 8-9pm
A word from CRAVE - Galleria
CRAVE delivers on one simple thing: Fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
CRAVE - Galleria - Best Restaurants in Edina ›
CRAVE - Galleria reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (93)special occasion (73)fit for foodies (68)good for groups (62)neighborhood gem (62)hot spot (42)great for outdoor dining (40)romantic (33)great for brunch (33)kid-friendly (29)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (18)scenic view (5)Show More
- Clearly they have new stafffoodforthoughtVIPDined on 10/27/2014I have been to this location more than 24 times. It is a frequent happy hour stop for me after work. Usually the food and service are impeccable. Sadly, not the case with this visit. Our server Thomas, wasn't friendly nor that organized. My sushi sat in the window for more than 10 minutes until another server finally brought it to the table. My guest's entree hadn't even been started yet. Then the beer I ordered sat on the bar pass for so long I decided to go to the bar and ask the bartender for it myself. At least the bartender apologized for the lack of service. Thomas then made himself scarce until it was time for our check. I was shocked he never apologized himself. I think it will be a while before I go back after this experience.
- IrishMalbecDined on 10/26/2014Our waitress was Micheln she was so very attentive and helped us figure out our loyalty cards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicetopazDined on 10/26/2014The service was outstanding. We were never neglected. Our water glasses and ice teas were promptly refilled. The wait for the food was not long. The food was good, but not the best I have eaten. I had the crab/shrimp egg Benedict. I would have liked the crab/shrimp patties more firm. The pouched eggs were perfect. Brunch was a very good experience and I would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent/Great all the timeMplseatsDined on 10/24/2014Prefer the high tops at the bar, more fun... But we got stuck on the 3 season porch. No matter.. We were hungry/tired and just sat down, Our server, JoJo had waited on us several times before. She is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CousinsDined on 10/24/2014I was able to get a last minute lunch organized with a few friends and no one was disappointed at Grave. The wait staff was very pleasant and helpful and there were no nasty looks for taking "too long to eat". The food was delicious and the noise level was very comfortable. None of us will hesitate to return to the Galleria location.Special Features:
- Took almost an hour to get my bassFinerdinerDined on 10/18/2014When it finally came it was hot and tasty. Of course I was pretty hungry by then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious and a beautifulcandibitzDined on 10/17/2014I always enjoy coming here. For lunch we took and advantage of their lunch special and had a cup of butternut squash soup and half a sandwich of chicken, apple and brie. Tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will be back!PickyEaterDined on 10/12/2014Classy and relaxed. Scallops were awesome and my friend loved the Mahi Mahi. Service was attentive, but not overly so. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great FoodJakeDined on 10/11/2014As always the food is excellent at crave and reasonably priced. It's always homecoming weekend during my gal's birthday weekend so the ambiance is ruined without exception every year.Special Features:
- Loved our serverBaylakerDined on 10/11/2014She was one of the best I've experienced lately. Very friendly, made sure we were aware of new selections, offered us some favorites and just overall attentive. Wish there were more around like her and that I could remember her name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curiously corporateSJNmplsDined on 10/6/2014It was my wife's and my first time at CRAVE. I was surprised by the Japanese focus - which was a pleasant surprise - and had an appetizer from the sushi side of the menu and an entree from the other side. The Norwegian Salmon salad had a little more dressing on it than I thought it needed, but it was good. The Scallop Poppers appetizer was very good. The sake sampler I had to drink was a let-down, and I'd had sake many times before. The 3 samples all tasted bland and all tasted the same. My wife enjoyed the barramundi. Overall, I thought CRAVE had a "calculated corporate" tone to it, like it was the result of extensive committee reviews. It felt to me like the Cheesecake Factory, but classier and without the cheesecake.Special Features:
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Crave looks to be a good place to eat and it may be, just not the evening we were there. Food was good, service acceptable. When I asked that a birthday cupcake+candle be brought to our table for desert, a server told me she would make sure that happened and that she would tell our server about it (our birthday guest was not to know). When the time came for desert, our server had either forgotten or had not been told, thus spoiling the surprise. Would I go back? Probably not.
- Quick turn-aroundRamblinreviewsDined on 10/4/2014We're not from MN, but someone had mentioned Crave, and for a group of 10 we knew a reservation would be needed on a Saturday night. Reserved at 7:30 for an 8:30 show-up and they handled it great. Good sashimi, the young folks liked the roasted chicken, the Paloma cocktail is great. Stir fried chicken so-so, hostess was a bit surly, waitress a real pro.Special Features:
- Atmosphere > FoodTfunVIPDined on 10/3/2014Friendly, warm and energetic atmosphere. Friendly and personal wait staff, although the service was slow. Food was poorly prepared and over-priced. I had the Mahi-Mahi. It was overcooked, dry and cool. Difficult to make that combination. My wife had the half-chicken which was very good but the rice was undercooked and almost crunchy. The waitress Irene was great and very understanding. If I would ever go back it would be for the sushi, maybe that is better.
- YUM!ieatstuffDined on 10/3/2014Always love going to Crave. They have great martinis and of course excellent sushi! A fun bonus is that they have "bite size" desserts that are ~$4, perfect for when you want dessert but don't want to spend another $15 on something you will take 2 bites of. Great service, great ambiance, perfect for date nights with your girlfriends or partner! What we had: I went there with my girlfriend and we got 3 sushi rolls, 2 martinis each and shared a mini dessert, and it cost about $50 each including tip.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious!QueenBee67Dined on 9/30/2014Crave provided everything we were looking for - nice ambiance but not too dressy/upscale, high-quality composition of meal components, great presentation on the plate, absolutely delicious (sushi, salmon, scallops), friendly staff, great selection of meals and beverages on the menu. It's not inexpensive nor over the top - you get what you pay for. With four meals, 1-2 drinks/glasses of wine per person, two starters and rich, creamy, sweet mini-desserts like french silk or caramel mouse to finish we were very satisfied with spending just over $200 for the four of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob42Bob42Dined on 9/30/2014High marks for both food and BAR DRINKS! Pilgrim Manhattan! Can I have another?Special Features:
- Good service, pleasant atmosphereCeeJayDined on 9/29/2014The food wasn't bad, but the menu has been completely changed - liked it better before. Trying too hard to be different. Great sushi though. Tables a little close for comfort and at 7:30 they had already run out of two of the dessert choices we ordered (made inhouse daily). Not a bad experience, but not as good as when we've been there before. Not sure I'll go back.
- Great food but really loudDaveVIPDined on 9/27/2014Starting off. everything we ordered was wonderful. If we were just going out for food this review would have six stars. Unfortunately we were going out for for and a time to connect. The resetraunt was really loud, too loud. After not being able to hear over people next to us we had to ask to be moved. There was a couple large parties for homecoming but they were the quiet groups. This is definitely not our 1st time and we will return but maybe on an off night.Special Features:
- We will returnbirch2Dined on 9/27/2014I ordered the lamb meatball dish and was very happy with it. I was in the mood for something different and thought it was very good, would order again. Although having said that I would also want to order some of their other entrees as well first. I tried my date's flatbread pizza and thought it too was very good. Their caesar salad features warm cheese croutons which were to die for, so tasty. Their chocolate cake with real whipped cream was also to die for. Very happy with the food. Our server could have been a bit more upbeat/enthusiastic and dishes cleared sooner than they were, but it was a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...loudDined on 9/23/20141st you walk through a servers area to get to the dining room. When you are spending this kind of money this is really tacky. The noise level was so high that it was hard to hear your fellow diners. Wood ceiling, concrete floor, they need something to baffle the noise. menu interesting and the food was good. Our server, Irene was the best. I don't think I would go back to this Crave, maybe try a different locationSpecial Features:
- CousinsDined on 9/23/2014We met relatives from out of town at Crave and had a wonderful experience. Thoughtfully we were given an out of the way corner where we had great service, a delicious lunch and were able to visit for 3 1/2 hours! We will not hesitate to go there again.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualTominminnVIPDined on 9/20/2014We understood the menu was brand new. Sadly missing was a tuna entree. The original ahi was outstanding, and the most recent was still close to the best entree on the menu. My wife and a friend loved the Crave salad as always, and I enjoyed the Poblano Caesar as well. The waitress took my silverware, but didn't replace it until a few minutes after the entrees arrived.I ordered the spicy ribeye special and my dining companions ordered the regular ribeye. We all ordered our steaks medium rare emphasizing we wanted them pink/red in the middle. Sadly two were medium well and mine was medium. We were offered dessert when we shared our comments. We have always loved this Crave, so an off night will not keep us aw
- Great Food!!!!!,WilltravelforfoodDined on 9/20/2014Always great food and wait staff is first rate!!!!!!lSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected better for the cost.ExpectBetterDined on 9/19/2014Food was under cooked and cool. I would expect better for the cost.
- Gluton Free Patronsluv2eatGlutenFreeDined on 9/18/2014I made an on-line reservation at Crave indicating I was gluten intolerant. We ordered 2 lobster and linguini's (regular pasta and one with rice noodles). When the food arrived, the waiter put both dishes in front of us. He didn't realize he had a gluten free dish and did not know which dish (gluten or not) to serve to the customer. I was also informed that last time I visited at happy hour, I was most likely served Opulent Vodka (not potato or gluten free vodka) without informing me, since gluten free vodka is more expensive and not offered at happy hour prices. I would not recommend this restaurant for gluten intolerant or individuals with celiac's disease. The waiters and restaurant do not seem to take gluten intolerances seriously.
- Marginal foodMplsMikeDined on 9/17/2014Had grass fed burger. Sounds good, right, esp since grass fed beef is tastier than traditional beef. Well, they put it on an overpowering rye bun (not mentioned on menu) with so much else that you can't taste the meat). Service was marginal and menu is unimaginative.
- Just ok foodFranklinDined on 9/14/2014Went for Sunday brunch.....just ok......coupon helpedSpecial Features:
- GREAT BREAKFAST!stskDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful breakfast choices. We picked the shrimp and crab benedict and the steak and eggs and both were over the top delicious. We also enjoyed our server/bartender Sam. A great guy who offered wonderful service and company. :)Special Features:
- Brunch - terrible service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014We went for brunch - awful! The service was terrible. Our food didn't come for at least 45 minutes (and we got there when they opened), and when it came it was wrong. Sent it back and still came back wrong. Will not go back
- So goodRichDined on 9/12/2014New menu items were tasty. I had lunch at the West End branch and had the same thing again. The overall experience was delightful.Special Features:
- Always GoodtwennyDined on 9/12/2014Crave is always a great go - to spot! Menu items for everyone, even kids, but nice enough for business lunch or date night.Special Features:
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/11/2014Waiter let us sit with menus for over ten minutes, I needed to have the maitre d intercede but to no avail. The restaurant was nearly empty and there were other waiters milling around. It does not matter how good the food is if you are ignored and need to direct the staff to wait on you purposely.
- consistentMstasiaVIPDined on 9/10/2014We enjoy crave because we can count on good food and service. I have one complaint. The last couple of times I have received a glass of wine where it is apparent that the glass itself has just been removed from the bar's dishwasher and the wine smells of dish soap/bleach. Please make sure your glasses are rinsed properly before serving a $12 glass of wine in them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmptyNestersVIPDined on 9/7/2014Hard to switch our choices here. the Bamboo bite and the lamb burger and... yumSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014We had lunch and sat outside. It was very pleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Great relaxing upscale restaurant with creative food combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014We had a great time at Crave. The food and wine selection was tops! Our waitress was excellent! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ricky1Dined on 9/4/2014Our server was great! Thanks so much for taking care of our group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Delicious food, loved the beet salad. Please offer some bread or crackers first without having to ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.