945 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cravefishbar.com/
- Phone: (646) 895-9585
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Mitgang
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Crave Fishbar
Crave Fishbar is a vibrant, convivial restaurant in Midtown Manhattan serving an inspired seafood menu from chef Todd Mitgang. An eclectic mix of reclaimed materials and custom made chairs and tables lend a beachy, rustic feel to the space, which houses a 25-foot-long bar where guests can order from the full dinner menu along with cocktails and wine from a mounted bottle display. Approachable, sophisticated dishes feature local seafood, crudos, and meat dishes that are thoughtfully prepared with both familiar and exotic ingredients. Crave Fishbar has taken its place as a neighborhood fixture, providing locals and newcomers alike with a elegant, inviting experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crave Fishbar reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (136)fit for foodies (126)good for groups (50)great for lunch (37)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (33)great for outdoor dining (31)romantic (30)notable wine list (29)special occasion (24)great for brunch (13)late-night find (12)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great for Happy HourtraveltouristVIPDined on 11/24/2014$1 oysters and half price bottles of sparkling wine. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back........MSGdianeDined on 11/20/2014Everything on the menu was unbelievable - the cauliflower soup was 100%., the pasta special was prepared perfectly, salmon special as good as it gets - looking forward to my next meal to try some new dishes. Wish I had had gone with a group so all would have ordered a different entree and been able to taste the complete menu. This restaurant was a real find in midtown east side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood Seafood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/15/2014We have eaten here several times and enjoyed it each time. Good variety of seafood offerings, good service. The music was too loud to talk to each other but when we asked the waitress had it turned down.Special Features:
- Another excellent dinner at Crave!!mikefoodieVIPDined on 11/10/2014Had the seared tuna - one of the best I have ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great oystersNeighbourhoodDined on 11/10/2014went for happy hour which was a dollar for all oysters, so delicious and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Had an excellent meal on Saturday night. Great service. Food was delicious and interesting. Can't wait to try to oyster happy hour!Special Features:
- good, lively spotJayw329VIPDined on 11/5/2014Crave is a standard go-to spot in Midtown East. It's always crowded and the food is worth the wait.Special Features:
- Loved the seafoodNeighbourhoodDined on 11/5/2014fresh products used, I had their mahimahi crostinis and fried oyster sandwich, absolutely delicious. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $1 oyster happy hour!skl312Dined on 11/4/2014The oysters were delicious and fresh. Happy hour from 5-7pm. Half off bottles of sparkling wine too! The spicy squid ink spaghetti was also delicious. Come here if you are craving any type of fish/seafood and want a cute atmosphere as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionaljrhoten789VIPDined on 11/4/20142 dozen mixed oysters, grilled octopus, lobster curry, good reasonably priced wines and great service! i'll go back, dSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; service spottyJeniVIPDined on 11/3/2014The food was great and loved the ambiance of this small restaurant. The only disappointment was the server became scarce after he delivered our food. It was not busy at that time so I'm not sure where or why he seemed to disappear.Special Features:
- Casual SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014Excellent fresh seafood. Large selection of fresh oysters. Mussels prepared may ways. The provencal was excellent. Good fish selection. Attentive service. Only downside is the noise level was very high.Special Features:
- Good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014All was good: food, service, drinks. I longed for excellent... Because I know chef TM is capable of excellence.Special Features:
- Such a great addition to the areaJojoVIPDined on 10/30/2014Crave is just a wonderful restaurant. We particularly love the fluke ceviche and all of the fish entrees are terrific. The menu is thoughtful and creative and the service is outstanding including the bartenders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spotty serviceBenFromShermanVIPDined on 10/29/2014Loved the space and the food, but we had to keep waving servers down all evening to place our order, get water and drinks refilled, etc. We felt ignored, even though it wasn't particularly busy on that Wednesday evening.
- Not cravingTBSNYCVIPDined on 10/28/2014Not sure what all the hype is about at this place. Bar scene was average at best and food was standard. Not what I expected after reading all the reviews.
- A Mixed BagDGNYCVIPDined on 10/27/2014Normally I love Crave Fishbar, but Monday was clearly an "off night". The French Dinner was wonderful but the crab and tomato appetizer had seen fresher days. I have had this app before and was not only disappointed but the crab was fishy and should not have been served. Everything else was fine for the night, nothing spectacular but overall pleasant.
- A class actscherzoDined on 10/26/2014Attentive service, consistently excellent food, noise level fairly low - it was actually possible to have a conversation! Only downside is the price - we're in the neighborhood, but at this price it's only for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharVIPDined on 10/26/2014place is cute, walking distance to apt. we waited 25 minutes before anyone came over to table. almost left. otherwise food was tastly, fresh. would try again.
- the pearl of my oyster!johnreyesDined on 10/25/2014Want to try a great little gem in midtown where you can get a great selection of fresh oysters and seafood? Then do not miss this place! The service was exceptional, and the variety of oysters was more than I would expect from a small little place like this. The curry lobster was excellent, definitely try the skillet fried rice; deserts were excellent, and great suggestions for pairing the deserts with wines or aperitifs! Don't miss this!Special Features:
- Delicious and CreativeVernessaDined on 10/23/2014We were very pleased to find this hip and charming restaurant on the mid/east side. The food was exceptional: fresh, flavorful, creative. The wine list had some of our favorites. Our server was casual but thoroughly attentive. Our only complaint was our noisy fellow diners and loud music.Special Features:
- Dinner with FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Enjoyable dining experience with delicious food. The service was a little bit slow, but the food and ambiance made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy surprise!HappyCustomerVIPDined on 10/22/2014I chose this restaurant because I had to be in the area and it got good reviews, but I didn't expect to LOVE it! Great food, interesting without being too out-there, very tasty and fresh! The service was excellent - friendly and accommodating - and the restaurant was active and fun without being too loud and crowded. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Thumbs up for Food+Service+AmbianceKalejokaDined on 10/22/2014We had a delicious and relaxed dinner. The waiter graciously accomodated our dietary restrictions. The oysters, fish and vegetables were delicious. On a rainy wednesday night the place was full and there was a genial vibe. I'd definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dollar OystersMimi27VIPDined on 10/22/2014Went here with a friend for my birthday dinner and it was great! Atmosphere was lively, the service was first class, (our server was friendly and didn't hoover around our table to turn it over). The food is GREAT!!! They offer $1 oysters M-F (bar or seated) from 5pm - 7pm and they have a variety of both East & West coast so you can sample them all. Extremely high quality oysters. Also must try the spicy margarita. Delicious!Special Features:
- Wish it was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2014I had heard about this place in the neighborhood and finally got a chance to go. What a waste of my money. The portions were tiny. I ordered the octopus and got one small piece. The swordfish my husband ordered was the size of my palm. The service was terrible. Tables around us were offered bread but we were not, our food came out as if I was it was fast food. WE sat down at 9 each had an appetizer and entree and paid the bill by 9:45. Will not return
- Unexpectedly outstanding seafoodarlenebdmVIPDined on 10/17/2014Every course was superb. From the oysters, to the updated Caesar Salad, to the fabulous scallops to dessert. The scallops were crisp on top and moist in the middle. They were served with a sauce of tomatillos and avocado-a perfect complement. Service was excellent even though they were extremely busy. The wine list was surprisingly good and broad. Definitely will become a regular, epspecially with $1.00 oysters during Happy Hour.Special Features:
- ready2dineDined on 10/16/2014Food was great, perfect for casual business dinner, great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood findTLCTDined on 10/15/2014A go-to favorite in midtown east for fresh seafood in creative preparations. Look for the $1 oyster happy hour specialSpecial Features:
- KatherineVIPDined on 10/14/2014scallops were heavenly! Crave is a much better option than The Smith across the street. Would definitely recommend if you need a restaurant in this area.Special Features:
- probably my last timeBzaitaVIPDined on 10/14/2014The apps were the best part of the meal. From that point forward it was downhill. I thought that the hake wrapped in cotta was tasteless and the Lobster curry was just OK.Special Features:
- Best seafood uptown!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2014If your idea of a fantastic meal includes more than a dozen types of oysters to choose from; interesting sounding (and scrumptious) crudos or tartares, perfectly made cocktails, friendly service and a groovy rustic beach shack vibe then Crave Fishbar will hit the spot. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Happy HourNeighborhoodgemVIPDined on 10/10/2014Love oysters happy hour 5-7pm on the weekdays. It's a good spot for oyster lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat by the barDahlersVIPDined on 10/9/2014Not my first time here, and absolutely love the food and service - but as a table for two, they mostly have seats across from the bar. That means you get to hear all the bar conversations, and as the waiters, hosts/hostesses, and customers walk by - you're going to get bumped into frequently.
- Fresh seafood but not exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2014The seafood and all ingredients in their dishses all seem very fresh and high quality. The seasoning and sauces are decent but not exceptional. Service is very good. A nice affordable seafood restaurant in Midtown.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Blues?OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/5/2014We really like this restaurant (and will return), but had a disappointing meal there on a Sunday (lunch). We expected a very busy place, but it wasn't at all, which makes the service missteps even more upsetting. The service was slow and a bit off-hand. There were 4 of us; when the food finally came out we got 3 dishes and had to inquire twice about the whereabouts of the 4th (which was a really simple dish of pancakes). If this were a diner it would be more understandable, but it's a nice and not cheap restaurant. So maybe we can chalk it up to a Sunday, but we'll only give them one more chance.
- Fantastic discoveryDrDSHDined on 10/4/2014I just booked a table for 4 a few hours earlier on a Saturday night and they gave us a great big booth and the service was exceptional. The waiter was very friendly and could explain each meal in detail. The menu changes nightly depending on the fresh fish they receive. The food was amazing and so was the atmosphere. It was great and laid back. Good music playing but not too loud to talk. We will be back and so will our guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our dinner!JuliaDined on 10/2/2014Everyone at our table of 5 ate every last bite of his/her meals and we did the same with the shared appetizers. The service was great and so were the cocktails (Try the busters juice!). It's as good of a setting for a work dinner as it is for a romantic date. I will be back as soon as possible.Special Features:
- Crave is a must when I'm in NYTravelingEaterVIPDined on 9/24/2014Best oysters in town. Love the neighborhood feel with the top notch food and helpful friendly staff. Crave is a must when I'm in NY. And nice owner, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Mid-Town Favorite!mikefoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014What can I say - Crave is incredible! Since I discovered Crave through Open Table, I have returned many times, and the experience has been consistently excellent! I have turned many others onto Crave, and they like me have become loyal patrons. The place is definitely popular, so I would always recommend reservations. Is a high energy environment, especially downstairs. Would recommend dining upstairs if you are looking for a little more space, and a little less noise.Special Features: