Crave Dessert Bar and Lounge
891 14th St.
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
DessertPrice: $30 and under
Crave Dessert Bar and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cravedenver.com/
- Phone: 3035864199
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 4:00pm
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service
- Executive Chef: Jessica Scott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer our signature cakes - Carrot, White Berry, and Triple Chocolate and will work with you to come up with any other cake creation you have in mind.
- Private Party Facilities: Crave Dessert Bar & Lounge is available for buy out functions. We seat 42 people inside and can expand to 74 people with our patio seating.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Budz 3035864199
- Entertainment: Local visual artists and openings, local live music on select evenings, available for special events and buyouts.
A word from Crave Dessert Bar and Lounge
Located just moments away from Denver"s Colorado Convention Center and the DCPA, Crave Dessert Bar & Lounge is an oasis of indulgence, offering a feel of the familiar infused with our signature brand of Crave decadence. With a sleek and sexy urban feel, handcrafted desserts, cocktails and exquisite service, Crave caters to the epicurean in all of us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crave Dessert Bar and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Unacceptable for downtown rest.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012After looking at the reviews on Opentable and Yelp I decided to book this restaurant for my wife's undergraduate celebration party for ten people. I reviewed the web site and it looked like a great setting for such an event. The server was very attentive and brought our drinks out quickly. Our dinner order actually never (yes never) came out. After numerous requests on an update we kept getting the "just five more minutes" and after 40 minutes, I asked for the check. Interestingly, we went to the pizza kitchen next door and realized the kitchen was the same for both restaurants. The pizza came out very fast. If you want to pay a lot for drinks and order one pre-made desert,, Crave is the place for you.
- Great place for desert, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Great place for desert, especially after an event at the Performing arts complex.Special Features:
- Highlight was a dessert madeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/1/2012Highlight was a dessert made from root vegetables. Cafe has beautiful finishes, curvy booth perfect for conversation, and closed captioned film projected on wall. Only a block from Denver Center, convenient for us theater goers.
- HORRIBLE... Just Plain HORRIBLEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2012We have tried this place twice now and the first time was ok, a bit pricy but good. On our first visit we ordered the Tawney 10 for about 11 or 12 bucks, which is average for the level of port. This time we back and ordered thee SAME Tawney 10 and got the bill for $23... keep in mind the bottle of this is about $36 bucks retail so even if they mark it up $11-12 is fair! The Guinness cake was dry and tasted like it had been in a refrigerator for 2 days, such a disappointment! I will say that if we have known D-Bar was open on Monday night we would have been better off to spend our $80 there for desert!
- Very good food and they haveOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/2012Very good food and they have a little bit of everything!Special Features:
- Dessert was pretty tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Dessert was pretty tasty. We got the carrot cake and the churros--not the most amazing dessert I've ever had for the money, but pretty good. It's a nice little place and although I like the idea of the sliding walls/windows to open up the dining room, it was a little chilly. I was disappointed that they were out of (all three types) of port, but the ice wine the waiter suggested was delicious. Our waiter was very friendly and we'll be going back again, most likely with out of town guests.Special Features:
- Great service and creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2012Great service and creative menu, will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Service excellent, good scene,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2012Service excellent, good scene, not too loud, we were able to talk. The desserts could be ramped up a bit, tastier and a larger selection of items.
- Everything was good, justjezzeDined on 5/19/2012Everything was good, just felt the prices were quit high the the size of the dessert
- Friendly servers and delectablecherylscarletVIPDined on 5/18/2012Friendly servers and delectable desserts. It was a great way to end an evening after the symphony.Special Features:
- Our waiter was super-duperOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Our waiter was super-duper helpful, and was willing to accommodate our special requests. The ambiance is very modern. Later on a jazz due started playing on bass and trumpet, very nice and mellow. The drinks were very unique and special. We had one that had a large cube of ice of frozen strawberry, slowly melting in a rose champagne. The taste of the drink changed over time from champagne to very sweet and fruity; very delighhtful. The "sandwiches" were delicious but were really little 2-inch toasts finger-food, not really a sandwich. I would have liked more quantity. The 3-chocolate cake on the other hand was gigantic, and delicious as well. Overall, I would recommend it, as a unique experience. Parking in the area is expensive!$8-$15Special Features:
- The desserts and specialtyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012The desserts and specialty drinks were awesome, especially the sunset on the spire drink. The atmosphere is fun and somewhat modern.Special Features:
- All and all no complaints.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012All and all no complaints. Food was good and it was different. However, I just dont see the value in what you pay for the experience/food.Special Features:
- Don't bother!KleatusVIPDined on 5/7/2012This place was a big disappointment. Good thing I saved $10 with Living Social. For a dessert joint, the selection of desserts wasn't very impressive. The 2 desserts that we had were okay, but definitely not great. And the kitchen had run out of 1 or more of our top choices. How does that happen on a Monday (or any other day), especially when the menu is limited? Additionally there were only about 5 beers on the list and they were out of the only one I wanted. Crave is pricey and a little pretentious. Food is fair and service isn't much better. The restaurant was less than 1/3 full and we waited 10 minutes+ to order, another 10 minutes for our drinks, and again and again! Denver's other dessert establishments are far better options!
- Great concept, but executionLaurenVIPDined on 5/4/2012Great concept, but execution was way below what I anticipated. There is many better choices in Denver for dessert and service with a smile and no attitude.
- Food was ok, not really worthChrisVIPDined on 4/30/2012Food was ok, not really worth the price compared to other dessert bars in the area. Not the worst place but wouldn't go out of my way to go back.Special Features:
- We stopped in for a cocktailChrisVIPDined on 4/28/2012We stopped in for a cocktail and dessert. I had a fabulous cosmopolitan and my husband had a wonderful irish coffee. I chose the mocha creme brulee and was not disappointed. Creme brulee is my favorite dessert and this one was fantastic. The additional caramel sprinkles were wonderful. My husband had the chocolate molten cake and his plate was spotless when he finished. I highly recommend Crave as a definite stop for when your sweet tooth kicks in.Special Features:
- Service was slow. PerhapssdessermanVIPDined on 4/21/2012Service was slow. Perhaps it was in part expectations and in part value on the dollar but, for what we paid and hoped for, the food was simply OK. I guess if you're interested in the scene you could go, but otherwise, I can't reccomend Crave.
- Got a pizza from next doorFish4everVIPDined on 4/21/2012Got a pizza from next door and had dessert here. No problem! Service was great and would definitely go back.
- EhhhhhOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012I had heard great things about this place and was very disappointed. the desert was "So So". The Martini was great! The service was HORRIBLE!!! Unless you want to wait 20 min for a drink an a not so crowded evening, skip this place.Special Features:
- We tried Crave after my 13OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2012We tried Crave after my 13 year old daughter preformed in her talent show.We shared the chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and my girl friend had a Frappe.The cake was good but the corner where dry. The ice cream was a rediculiusly smallMelon ball size.The waiter forgot to put in the order for the Frappe. After we had finished the cake I had To get him and ask about the frappe. It took quite a while to get it to her. Once she got it she enjoyed It.This is the first time we had gone for just dessert in Denver. Unfortunatly we will have to try anotherPlace next time.
- Small menu. Maybe it's justOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2012Small menu. Maybe it's just because I'm from the South, but I expected a lot more out of the bread pudding. The caramel ice cream on top was the only thing worth mentioning about the dessert. We also ordered the vanilla powdered donuts, which were tasty, but the dipping sauces that came with it were horrendous, particularly the chocolate one. The ambiance was OK, but I'm so over a silent black and white movie randomly playing on a screen in a restaurant. It's distracting in an annoying way where you can't stop looking at it but you get nothing out of it.
- The Mocha Creme Brûlée wascherylscarletVIPDined on 4/14/2012The Mocha Creme Brûlée was delicious, I had just expected more selection than 6 desserts from at Dessert Bar.Special Features:
- Totally YUMMY!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2012I took my love on a surprise date to CRAVE! The staff was so nice and accommodating. We had the banana caramel bread pudding and chocolate cake. YUM!Special Features:
- worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/24/2012We had a great time. The drinks were good, service was good.. Daughter loved the hot chocolate! We will go backSpecial Features:
- The desserts were deliciousmommiestoneDined on 3/11/2012The desserts were delicious and the selection of hot chocolates decadent. Great place to go for a late night snack, drink or just for a fun dessert.Special Features:
- The Mexican Hot ChocolateOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/10/2012The Mexican Hot Chocolate was awesome and they had several options for dessert. Would have liked the dessert menu to be more diverse and creative, but the hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows won me over.Special Features:
- Listening to techno whileOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2012Listening to techno while watching The Wizard of Oz. I believe that sums up the atmosphere. The desserts were very good.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2012I had high-hopes, but overall wasn't very impressed. They ran out of bread for the meat and cheese plate, which was in my opinion bad on their part. Even though you are primarily a dessert bar, stock up on crackers or bread! It is not expensive and you cannot serve meat and cheese without something to put it on---would have been nice to know this before they took our order. The hostess was nice and overall so were the other people working there. Our server acted like we were a big pain and the service was slow---although there were about 20 people in the place. We spent $130 dollars too, you'd think you'd be treated better. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Amazing Desserts!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2012The atmosphere feels more like a high end coffee shop than a top-notch dining experience (which it is). Maybe it was because we came right after the pre-theatre rush and it was fairly empty. I will say that the desserts were AMAZING. Best desserts I've had in years and years. I was blown away and will definitely return. I had a berry cake - which was perfection in a cake. My husband had a sticky toffee cake with a subtle lemongrass flavor. OMG - I almost fell off my chair.Special Features:
- Although a bit pricey, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/17/2012Although a bit pricey, very yummy -- sinful! Great locale if you're finishing up at the Convention Center or after a late evening taking in a show at the Perfomring Arts District. They are open late. It's small, so call ahead for reservation. It gets crowded.Special Features:
- Crave was a perfect end toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2012Crave was a perfect end to our valentines day evening. Definetly exceeded expectations.Special Features:
- We had a great time! GotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We had a great time! Got there early for our reservation on Valentine's Day and they were very accomodating. Someone canceled their reservation and they moved us to a less crowded nicer table. Service was excellent, very friendly! Dessert was delicious and I had the best drink!We will go back for sure!Special Features:
- We had a fabulous time onMonkeyMattyVIPDined on 2/14/2012We had a fabulous time on Valentines day here! We enjoyed the 4 course dessert special menu that they had and it was great to the last bite! The violinist walking through the tables was a great touch for the holiday.Special Features:
- Did Not Meet ExpectationstlorenzDined on 2/14/2012I was very unimpressed with Crave, which was sad because I was really excited to try it. My desserts were very underwhelming. I feel a dessert bar should have mastered a chocolate cake but found it dry and boring. My other selection tasted like a fancy Yoplait. I did enjoy my cocktail, Sunset at the Spire, and I may go back for one of their hot chocolates or coffees in the morning. The hostesses were very accomadating. Sadly, it did not meet my expectations to be an after-theatre stop or fun place to meet friends.
- Hip New Dessert Bar and LoungeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2012New restaurant....dessert place and drinks, great location, upbeat, awesome staff, great prices. Bartenders were true mixologists, not just a recipe reader. They asked you what liquor you wanted and other flavors you liked and bam! Out came something new that did not dissapoint. Dessert was to die for as well and not too filling, but just right. Wall screen TV above the lounge seats was also cool!Special Features:
- Underwhelming, overdressed dessertsBrianaVIPDined on 2/11/2012We were excited to try this place with a group of friends... however, we ended up being underwhelmed. The seating is uncomfortable and cramped. The booth seating made us all feel like we were constantly slipping out of our seats, and the tables around the bar appeared to be crammed in. As for the food, well...the drink selection was interesting, but the desserts were disappointing. The much-anticipated 20-layer cake was a tiny slice, and had flecks of edible gold on it, which adds nothing to the flavor of the cake and just adds insult to injury. The berry cake could have been bought at Safeway. The only dessert we would consider returning for would be the donuts for two, also overpriced at $12. We won't be coming back.
- Skip the Cakes - the icing is awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/13/2012I really want to like this place. It is hip and small and so close to the DCPA. The hot chocolate is good but nothing special. Mine was just warm and hardly hot. The could take a hint from Paris and serve thick chocolate with steamed milk and let you make your own. I cannot speak from all the desserts, but the carrot cake and three layer chocolate cake both we not very good. The icing is really bad, made with some type of fat that tastes really bad. The cakes were okay, a bit on the dry side. I ate around the icing it was that bad. I hope the other desserts were not of this caliber - otherwise you might want to skip this place and head to King Soopers. Next time I crave chocolate cake, I will drive the extra miles and head over to dBar.Special Features: