CRAVE - Coral Gables
4250 Salzedo Street #1425
Coral Gables, FL 33146Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - Coral Gables
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://craveamerica.com/
- Phone: (305) 444-4595
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Thursday 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday- Saturday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sunday 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Executive Chef: David Messenger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Off-site Catering Available
- Special Events: For Private Dining inquiries, please contact our team at 305 772 5761!
A word from CRAVE - Coral Gables
CRAVE Restaurant was built out of a passion to create a dining experience unlike any other. A dining experience where quality, locally sourced food, chic atmosphere, and diverse choices offer guests the opportunity to create their own unforgettable dining experience. The energy of the restaurant is all encompassing–the buzz of guests and staff, the warm and open design, the modern sushi bar, the fresh spin on American cuisine with seasonality, and the sense of discovery around every corner. A CRAVE guest will leave knowing they experienced just the right mix of sophistication, entertainment and service in what can only be defined as The CRAVE Experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
CRAVE - Coral Gables reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (23)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (13)kid-friendly (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Terrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Horrible Service. Had 3-4 different waiters. Not very knowledgeable on Gluten Free. Very pricey and the food was lukewarm when it came out.Special Features:
- 50andFabulousDined on 11/7/2014Great food and outdoor dinning, the happy hour menu is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining @ the mallMonicaMartinDined on 11/1/2014Convenient location in a outdoor mall. Had sushi boat for 2 it was not great. Too many spicy rolls and the nigiri not so fresh. I know sushi I eat it often, at the Crave it is poor quality. Perhaps other type of food there will be better. It was my first time at the Crave, But for me I don't think it will worth a second try.Special Features:
- inconsistentbarbDined on 11/1/2014Crave has a beautiful setting for outside eating. I have been at Crave 3 times for lunch and this time for dinner. Service was good this time, but 3 of us had food delivered to our table cold and had to send plates back. Also two of us had overcooked fish. One time at lunch the service was mediocre. If the inconsistency of service and food do not improve, Crave is going to lose customers. I still have hopes that Crave will get its "act together" or it is going to lose customers.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Service was great, ambiance good, but the food could not compare to the service. Husband ordered salmon sushi roll, some pieces had no salmon! I ordered the rubbed chicken with couscous, which was not only tasteless, it had skin on! This should have been specified in the menu. Our server was pleasant and attentive, but that doesn't make up for the quality of the food. Pricey for what we got. For a few dollars more we could have gone to Seasons 52!Special Features:
- Good food, nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014Was looking for a restaurant with interesting food that also had a kids menu. Crave met that need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place in Coral Gables!SunilVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great menu, wonderful service, great bartender! Though my friend's introduction of this place may have influenced me, does matter?! I recommend Crave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealPete321VIPDined on 10/11/2014Crave is a newer restaurant in the middle of a outdoor shopping courtyard. Very cool and upscale. Food and service was great. Surrounded by other nice restaurants as well. Valet parking available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHurricanefoodieDined on 10/10/2014We had an amazing experience at Crave. The ambiance was absolutely gorgeous and the food was to die for. Our waiter was very charismatic and we had a wonderful experience overall. Great for families, adults, date nights, and everything. Merrick park location is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service!paulieDined on 9/30/2014We went out for date night on Tuesday. It was mostly empty in the restaurant. It took almost 15 minutes to get our drinks. I was excited to see they had sushi items half price for that day and I asked the waiter about their different specials. He reluctantly told me about them we ordered a variety of small bites. The food took 20 minutes to get to our table and then he charged us full price on all the items except for one. I tried to ask why only one item was put on the happy hour price but he ran away too quickly. I got the manager's attention and was told that they can only give one item on the special pricing and the waiter SHOULD'VE told me that. I told the manager about the poor service and he was indifferent and also walked away.
- Definitely reccomend!!TanPHDined on 9/13/2014Our group was atleast 11 people, our waiter was very friendly and was always making sure to check up on us. We definitely felt taken care of and the food was great. Recommend the S'mores Brownies!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Whole experience - Awesome! Great food and the chocolate martini for dessert was perfect!Special Features:
- great service and nice patioKATEVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a very nice meal on the patio. Our server was great- very friendly and accommodating. Food was good. One of the best white sangrias I've had. We'll come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for a family lunchAdomarVIPDined on 9/1/2014Crave is a great place either for a weekday lunch or for a Sunday brunch. Located in a nice Mall, with a menu that covers many different tastes. Service is excellent, it has a nice ambiance and a very nice decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFoodieDined on 8/24/2014Celebrated my birthday dinner at Crave. We were seated in a round table made for a party of 8. At first, the lighting was poor but staff soon made it much brighter and accommodating. Menu offered a wide variety of choices. Although the prices were a bit high, the food was excellent and the size of the portions made it worth every penny. We were tended to by a friendly and courteous waitress who went out of her way to explain the items on the menu and made us feel very welcomed. Would visit again, probably for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Very poor serviceScottVIPDined on 8/24/2014We waited over 40 minutes to place our order and when the food arrived it wasn't prepared the way we requested.Special Features:
- Very good food, Services lacksMapireDined on 8/17/2014Generous portions of well prepared food. Very good value for your money. Service is inconsistent. Specify how you want appetizers and entrees to be served or they will come randomly. Overall is worth trying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Slow food servicejeffmiamiDined on 8/15/2014Great food but I was a little disappointed on how long it took fro us to get our food. It did not seem like that was the case for everyone so it could have been an isolated incident. Make sure to mention the loyalty card if you have one as they forget to check what specials are being offered for having the card.Special Features:
- Outdoor eatingNativeFoodieDined on 8/15/2014Once we identified who our server would be we had amazing service. The food is always consistently good. Crave sometimes offers nice specials. We like the weekly happy hour. Great for a local place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Awesome Serverjpartyof4Dined on 8/9/2014The food was great our server Aaron took care of us and went above and beyond. We had an amazing girls night out and we are so glad we went to Crave. The chef sent over some great appetizers and everything we had was scrumptious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- fun for a large groupDTAVLVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food and service . Had a large party and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 297 reviews are from the CRAVE - Coral Gables reviews archive.
- Birthday CelebrationDmontyDined on 7/24/2014I made reservations for my GF's bday and 11 guests. Waiter took 4 ever 2 even approach our table for drinks. Once drinks were ordered, it was 30-45 mins B4 the waiter showed up to take the rest of our order. Fine, we placed the order, and the waiter failed to make sure our orders came to the table properly. We had orderd a non spicy Ceviche for my GF and we received a, spicy ceviche. Food seemed like it was prepared in a hurry. The sushi would fall apart easily and had to be eaten with a fork. Food tasted bland for the most part. The worse service i have ever seen anywhere, and obviously at the end when the bill arrives, a 20% gratuity is already included. Def will NEVER return or will NEVER recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Nice dining experienceLuvGreatFindsVIPDined on 7/12/2014After reading other reviews, I was nervous about trying this restaurant, but we had a very positive experience. Everyone had a delicious dish, and the service was excellent. Only at the end, did we wait a little for our dessert and check, but we were not in a rush, so we had a relaxing dinner. We had a party of five, and our dining time was 6:00 pm, which may have improved the service.Special Features:
- GREAT drinks sucky service bad foodFoodiefeelsDined on 7/7/2014This place was recommended to me by a friend that have excellent reviews. Unfortunately I can only talk from my experience. We went on a Monday night and it wasn't busy at all. The drinks took a while to come, but they were DELICIOUS!! However or appetizer (some type of garlic wings) was horrible! They were still pink inside!! Our steaks were dry and difficult to chew (and I ordered mine medium). Then our server KEPT DISAPPEARING!! It wasn't an awful experience because my husband and I always make the best of any situation as long as we're together. However we won't be going back.Special Features:
- emptynestersemptynestersDined on 7/5/2014We love the food at Crave, as always tasty however, the service was a little disappointing. The restaurant was not full I think our waiter may have had five or six tables and yet he was never around. We had to ask various times for water and when he brought the food never came back to check. We frequent CRAVE and have never had this type of service. Hopefully it will not repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BADmigqiinDined on 7/4/2014If not for where its location no one should ever try it. Sorry.Special Features:
- The service was bad, the entreehypor2003Dined on 6/15/2014Came before the appetizers and the price of the food is too high compared to the size of the plate. The only good was food.Special Features:
- Do not goAnnaDined on 6/15/2014Worst experience ever. Several items we ordered were not available, fish and chicken was dry, food was cold. We send it back and came Lukewarm. No food was remarkable and e pensive for what it was.
- Excellent and enjoyable EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014All employees are very well training on customer services. They are very courteous pendent to all client needs.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Love this place for lunch but for breakfast is really bad!!!Special Features:
- Loud and averageOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/8/2014I went to dinner with friends and sat inside. The Miami Heat game was on, and was very loud. We asked for the volume to be lowered and it was. The food was just okay. I had a whole snapper and it had a lot of bones. Another friend had the Mahi Mahi, and said it was okay too. I guess, I am willing to give it another try in the future.
- Food great but not what I orderedMisterBDined on 6/7/2014Half way through my meal, a waitress approaches me and asks how my burger is. I said good. She says.."well it's the lamb burger." Similar thing happened to the table next to us. They gave their foot to another table. My wife and I counted 20 workers, 35 diners, and 4 hostesses. The manager was walking around and looked hip. But failed to notice my pregnant wife's empty water glass. He did make sure to help the 4 hostesses though. Our server had 8 tables was running around trying to make sure everything was ok. A couple came and sat at another table and left after 10 minutes because no one had taken their drink order. With 20 people on the floor the service should have been much better. Food was good but I will not be going back.
- “No plans on returning to Crave!”MrBear143Dined on 6/7/2014After receiving a coupon by mail to Crave where you ordered one entree and got the other free, my husband and I decided to finally give it a try. Our server was great, she was pleasant and very helpful and attentive. My husband ordered the boneless whole snapper and I ordered the pan roasted saebass. My husband was disappointed to find bones in his snapper making him not finish his plate and my plate was okay. We mentioned the fact of the bones in the snapper to our server and she was very apologetic and brought it up to the manager. The manager stopped by our table, gave a mediocre explanation, and went on his way. Not only did I think he lacked managerial experience and empathy, but the food as a whole was overpriced for the taste.
- good menuWritePlayLoveDined on 6/5/2014Menu had a nice variety. Food was good quality and delicious. Items are a little pricey but the Happy Hour looks like a great deal.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerNorky24Dined on 5/24/2014Made reservations for a party of 10 and when we arrived we were seated right away. The servers were great they even out the playoff game for us and took of the music so we can hear the game.platesxare actually very food portion sizes. Drinks a little pricey but delicious and it's merrick park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but terrible serviceSushilover6Dined on 5/23/2014The waitress took forever to come to our table and when she finally did, she was very nonchalant about taking the order. She took forever once more after the food was served and even longer to refill our drinks. When we asked for the dessert menu, she just set it on the table and didn't even tell us anything. I'm used to servers giving recommendations about desser or at least to explaining what each dessert has. The hosts also look at you up and down before sitting you down -- they should be the last ones judging given that they have to show their legs to make a living. I liked the happy hour prices but I doubt I'll be coming back!Special Features:
- Very accomodatingAdiKDined on 5/21/2014Went to Crave to celebrate my birthday with a big group. Manager was super cool and when I didn't like the table they'd set up for us, he immediately made different accomodations to please me. I really appreciated that! Food was great, drinks were great, had a lovely time!!!Special Features:
- Second time and last timemxtrDined on 5/18/2014We decided to take our niece to Sunday dinner and it was a complete disappointment. Service was awful, the Tuna which I ordered was bad, meaning the fish smelled which tell you that it was not fresh and had to send it back. The Burger was also not very tasteful and the Prime Rib was not what was expected. Too bad, as the first time, we had no problems with the food, but had problems with the bar. We do not expect to return nor recommend to anyone.
- Nice Evening in the GablesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/17/2014Out door seating was very nice. Table service was satisfactory. Food quality was reasonable for the cost. Overall a nice evening with the family for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baby shower celebrationMFeresdaDined on 5/13/2014I hosted a small baby shower celebration for 20. They gave us our table and an extra one for the cake and gifts. The server Hector was very helpful explaining the menu and seperated the checks without even asking. Food was very good and everyone had a great time. The guys hanged out at the outdoor bar and had a good time. Definitely a place in my list to gather groups. Thank you all so much for taking care of us :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.