CRAVE - Cincinnati
175 Joe Nuxhall Way
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
CRAVE - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://craveamerica.com/
- Phone: 5132418600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11am - 11pm
Friday-Saturday 11am - 12am
Sunday 11am - 10pm
(Not offered on Reds & Bengals Home Game days)
Monday-Thursday 3pm - 7pm
Friday 3pm - 6pm
Saturday 11am - 5pm
Sunday 11am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Miller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! Crave is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email to inquire!
A word from CRAVE - Cincinnati
Evoke the tastes of the new American palate. Familiar yet unforgettable! CRAVE delivers on one simple thing: Fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike. The combination of the burnt earthen color palette, stone work, glass accents and a golden-tiled fireplace invites shoppers and destination diners alike to stop and linger — enjoying unforgettable meals with friends and family. An elegant floor-to-ceiling wine tower displays a 125+ wine selection. Rich hues and an open kitchen, light-dappled tabletops and an iconic bar create a familiar yet unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
CRAVE - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
CRAVE - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (95)special occasion (95)hot spot (78)great for brunch (76)great for lunch (74)great for outdoor dining (74)vibrant bar scene (73)fit for foodies (70)scenic view (44)neighborhood gem (43)romantic (40)kid-friendly (38)notable wine list (32)late-night find (27)Show More
- Good Sunday BrunchMaMaRitaDined on 8/17/2014The brunch was good. The omelets were very fresh and hot. My husband enjoyed the goetta too. We have been to the brunch before and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Would not recommend Crave. Our experience was terrible.
- Meidocre Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The staff had a very difficult time keeping up with the buffet so on each trip, half of the entree's were missing/empty. The food was pretty good, but the website makes it seem better than what you actually get. The egg strata looked and tasted like it was frozen, and the chef selection food was sparse and only "OK." The service was the real downfall. Considering we were eating a brunch buffet, bringing our drinks in a timely manner is expected, but it took over 20 minutes to get our coffee, and 15 to get water! Coffee was never refilled and our omelet order never delivered so we never got to try that. Our waiter never stopped by the table so glasses often remained empty and the check was slow to arrive. Very disappointing.
- Not ImpressedSteakExpertVIPDined on 8/16/2014I'm not sure what other people are thinking, but, this dinner outing with our guests was pretty bad. We had to have our drinks remade, twice; the food was, average; and they had a broken coffee machine? Really?? Our waitress was very nice and working hard, but I would rate it less than average service.
- Just ok (sushi only)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Overall nearly everything about our experience was just average. Nothing special. Probably won't go back. The one highlight was my dirty martini which comes with prosciutto...brilliant!
- ExcellentHauserDined on 8/15/2014The food was excellent. The atmosphere and service were great. It is directly across the street form Great American Ball Park. Great experience and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my best experienceklktbearVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have visited Crave numerous times. I made a request for a table near the windows and we were taking the worse table in the back again a wall, with post and wooden high chairs. There were other tables open that we asked to move to. Our server was very timid & might have been her first few days/weeks with no support. Drinks were late & we were not told of specials. When a manager checked in and apologized about the specials, I took a drink of my Watermelon Martini and there was a Habanero pepper in it. I burned my throat so bad I began to cough. He agreed that the pepper should not be in there. I was never asked if I wanted a new drink, this was money wasted since I could not drink it. Burgers were good but the fries were not hot.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicerichDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I had a very good meal following a Cincinnati Reds game. Location of restaurant across the street from baseball stadium is great. Our food (fish and chips and burger/salad were very good) and our service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- girls nighthroushDined on 8/9/2014We had a pleasant night out, the food was fantastic as always, although I was surprised that the calamari came with tarter sauce, & when I asked for cocktail sauce, the waitress told me they didn't have any, which I thought was strange as that's usually a standard dipping sauce for calamari, shrimp etc. then it took our waitress about 15min. to even greet our table, but I noticed she greeted the table that was seated after us first. we did run late with our reservation due to traffic & waiting on my friends to arrive, but I wasn't sure that warranted in our table being neglected most of the night. we had to ask for a 2nd cup of tarter sauce 3 times, & our water glasses were filled once. the food was great as usual, but the service was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/9/2014Not a bad place but not great. The food was decent- I think the drinks were a little better but VERY inconsistent. My friend ordered the same drink I did and it came out in a different sized glass and tasted completely different...Special Features:
- Great service, good foodMrjackson77Dined on 8/9/2014Had a nice meal. Great waitress, didn't have to wait for anything even though it was an hour before a Reds game on a Saturday night and they wear packed! Sushi was just so-so but the burgers were pretty good.Special Features:
- WebzVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great location and food. Perfect for pre - Red's game socializing.Special Features:
- Delicious!HealthymommyDined on 8/6/2014The food here is amazing! I'm not a sushi fan (which is something they have a lot of) and luckily they have an artery of other offerings that are devine. I love the flatbreads, house salad, and chicken apple and Brie sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great LunchLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/6/2014I love Crave - great food, great service, great place!Special Features:
- First Time - Worth ItkenniebVIPDined on 8/4/2014Found this restaurant via the OpenTable iPhone app and SO glad I did. It was very slow when we were there, approximately 3:15pm on a Monday afternoon. The service was still outstanding and the food was excellent tasting, quality and presentation. We got the bread basket, beef tacos, Crave burger and 2 mini-desserts. All of it was fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The food was good and plentiful. I wish they would cut some items into smaller portionsSpecial Features:
- Good Food and Great ValueClaraandJimVIPDined on 7/31/2014My husband enjoy the outdoor seating area at Crave -- great for people watching. The food is always good and reasonably priced. Wine and draft beer selection is also very good.Special Features:
- SuzanneVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had a nice dinner at CRAVE on a Thursday evening. The restaurant was not very crowded, so the overall experience was not as lively as some occasions when we have dined here, but it was very enjoyable. One disappointment -- the last 2 times we have had dinner at CRAVE, they have been out of the wines that we ordered. While substitutions were made, it is disappointing that the "featured" wines were not available.Special Features:
- food for kids was okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2014one of the kids 8 years old didnt like the fetticine. the other food was good. the service wasnt outstanding. I made a reservation through open table and indicated a birthday. the matre de accommodated us. someone else picked up the tab, so i hope we werent charged for the birthday cake and ice cream. my friends kids didnt like the place so much, but I always do, especially before a reds game. altho the parking kinda sucks unless you come from the east side.Special Features:
- Love Crave!!BAL1234VIPDined on 7/27/2014Been to Crave many times and always good.. Recommend it to our friends..Special Features:
- Lacks consistency...NancyDined on 7/27/2014We visit Crave regularly, usually enjoy it but it lacks consistency.Brunch over the years has been a buffet or family style brought to the table (which by the way was a fantastic way to do it). We find a dish we love & another time we go it is no longer on the menu? We loved the cheese fritter appetizers - this visit corporate removed them from the menu so we were disappointed.This summer we went and I quickly looked at opentable, it showed times open all evening so we did not make a reservation. We arrived & the hostess said it would be 30 min for a table but you could see plenty of vacancies. We were made to stand outside to wait. In the spring we went on a Sat for lunch-CLOSED?! The weather was beautiful so we went elsewhere.Special Features:
- MadereservationsDined on 7/26/2014We arrived early for our reservation and even though it was busy, we were seated right away. The sushi #9 roll was excellent and service was great considering it was after a baseball game and the music festival was in town. Everyone was pleasant and attentive. There was music outside. We enjoyed the atmosphere and will return to this restaurant. Location is superb for baseball fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bberg52Dined on 7/26/2014Food, service and atmosphere were all great. This is a great place to go before Reds games. Menu has a wide variety to choose from including very good fresh sushi. Will return for sure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Food was very good service was good. A little pricey but will go again. Sushi was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant, Picked Bad NightBA32Dined on 7/19/2014Been to a Crave in Orlando before and it was unbelievable. Loved every aspect of it and would have gave it a perfect score across the board. Went to Cincinnati location and picked a bad night to go. Didn't realize it was the same night as Jason Aldean concert next door at GABP. Food/Service was still excellent, but if you are planning a fancy date night go on a night when there are no activities at the ballpark. I do recommend this restaurant for everyone though. Great food selection!Special Features:
- enjoyed our dinnerwidecajmDined on 7/19/2014We had a great dinner prior to an event right next store at Great American Ball Park. Perfect location. The prices were reasonable as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDjackDined on 7/19/2014Great place to go not only for a great lunch or dinner but for a bite to eat before a ball game or concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with wifeSaturday9694Dined on 7/17/2014We had a very nice meal. Enjoyed restaurant & service was very good.Special Features:
- BuffetMommaDined on 7/13/2014buffet was nice. Need to keep it stocked and replenished better. Good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2014great place to go before a ball game, brunch is always good thereSpecial Features:
- allergiesfoodfreakDined on 7/13/2014So delighted by the staff being open and prepared to meet my very special needs with multiple food allergies!!!Special Features:
- DisconnectedBrentDined on 7/12/2014We met another couple at CRAVE for a dinner during the weekend. The Reds were out of town so we figured it would be less busy. Unfortunately our server seemed less than thrilled to be helping us. I don't think she was overly busy because our section was fairly empty. I truly try to give servers the benefit of the doubt in most instances but this was beyond having an off day. She was confused by the appetizer order, failed to sub my asparagus as requested, and was noticeably irritated when we had to ask for refills. My girlfriend had to sent her ribeye back because it arrived well done instead of medium. The manager handled it brilliantly but the server continued her bad attitude. Kitchen, staff, and management were all on different pages.Special Features:
- BobRVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great for sushi fans. Many good choices for dinner, but a limited sandwich menu. Food was very good and service was greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a safe betabloomerVIPDined on 7/12/2014We've been to Crave about 6 times - always a safe bet for good food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DB50db50Dined on 7/11/2014Great location, good service, good food. However the $40 crab encrusted filet mignon that I ordered medium came out medium well. The server graciously offered to get me another steak. Not wanting to wait, I declined and ate the steak as was. The sauce was fabulous. The steak was good, but was not as tender as medium would have been. My friend's came out correctly but she didn't like that the edges were a little burnt. Asparagus was good. The buttermilk mashed potatoes seemed a little watery. Portion size was good. Bread was put on our table though did not ask for bread, and was charged $1.95 for it. I will likely give it another try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Great FoodPICKYBIRDIEDined on 7/11/2014We had reservations just before a Reds game and were running late due to accidents on I 71. I called and told them and they said "No Problem" we were only 5 minutes late thank goodness. They had us a table with a great view. Our male server was very funny and knew the menu. All of our food was good, SURPRISE!!!!THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO MY FAMILY LOLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pre-game stopcincymomDined on 7/11/2014Went to Crave for the first time before a Red's game. Making our reservation online was great, seated right away, & the food was delicious! Our waiter was super friendly & gave great recommendations. A little pricey, so not an everyday meal for us, but nice when we want to splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before Red's gamePurdue1996Dined on 7/10/2014Great service, excellent beer selection, great sushi, location is perfect for before/after a Red's game! Can't wait to go back for a filet soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Timefoodie2Dined on 7/6/2014We sat outside,enjoying watching people walkby..A great view of the BallPark.I had the Spicy Lamb Burger,,so jucy and good..I had with a side of couscous..perfect.Hubby had the Beef Tacos,,good,but a little too hot..He ordered some tazaki sauce to tone it down..what a combo hun.I will go back,to get the burger...Special Features:
- Good Times and Great FoodDebbieDined on 7/6/2014Recently went to Brunch with 4 friends, we were able to sit and talk at the table and did not feel rushed. Great place for brunch.Special Features: