CRAVE - Cincinnati
175 Joe Nuxhall Way
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
CRAVE - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://craveamerica.com/
- Phone: 5132418600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11am - 11pm
Friday-Saturday 11am - 12am
Sunday 11am - 10pm
(Not offered on Reds & Bengals Home Game days)
Monday-Thursday 3pm - 7pm
Friday 3pm - 6pm
Saturday 11am - 5pm
Sunday 11am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Miller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! Crave is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email to inquire!
A word from CRAVE - Cincinnati
Evoke the tastes of the new American palate. Familiar yet unforgettable! CRAVE delivers on one simple thing: Fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike. The combination of the burnt earthen color palette, stone work, glass accents and a golden-tiled fireplace invites shoppers and destination diners alike to stop and linger — enjoying unforgettable meals with friends and family. An elegant floor-to-ceiling wine tower displays a 125+ wine selection. Rich hues and an open kitchen, light-dappled tabletops and an iconic bar create a familiar yet unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
CRAVE - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
CRAVE - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (105)special occasion (85)great for brunch (81)fit for foodies (81)hot spot (78)great for lunch (77)great for outdoor dining (74)vibrant bar scene (62)neighborhood gem (41)scenic view (38)romantic (35)kid-friendly (29)notable wine list (25)late-night find (20)Show More
- Menu ChangedRissDined on 9/27/2014We didn't realize that Crave's menu had changed until we were seated. The addition of the apple sausage flatbread was welcomed. The new menu no longer includes the one big meatball entree which was very good. The steak sliders and kogi tacos were delicious. The sushi we had this visit (philly roll) was very good. The server (can't remember his name) was very knowledgable and helpful. He helped us choose delicious entrees. Overall, we had a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014It's Cincinnati, so there aren't a lot of sushi restaurants around. But Crave provides good sushi at a reasonable price in a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- A disappointed evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014Despite good quality food, we had a disappointing evening. The issue surrounds the host seating our group of 6 near the back of the restaurant next to a private room. When we approached the table, I asked the host to reseat us due to the close proximity of the private room doors. The host indicated that there wasn't a party going on & that only employees would be using it. Unfortunately, this wasn't true & the room door kept opening & closing the entire evening. In one instance the door swung open so far that it hit one of my guests chair. Mgmt was informed that the host lied to our group & that they could have easily sat us at a different location since there were plenty of tables available. Mgmt failed to respond to the issue.
- No in the new menuBearcat1Dined on 9/26/2014Gone are favorites from the dinner menu such as the chicken slides, butternut squash soup (it is fall), and the one big meatball. Not sure if they are available at lunch. Food was not very hot and also the lamb pasta dish had little flavor. The steak sliders were VERY well done - even though ordered medium.
- another excellent dining experiencerichDined on 9/21/2014This is our second visit to Crave. On both occasions, our food and service have been excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious sushi!ShariDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I were looking for a quick bite before the UC game and had never dined at Crave. We were pleasantly suprised to discover a huge selection of sushi! Delicious and beautifully presented! Can't wait to go back and try some other menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible servicebb20Dined on 9/20/2014Food was great as usual, service was terrible. Waited over 30 minutes to place our order. Waitress had a large table that was seated after us. Tried to give her the benefit of the doubt because of this but she had so many people helping her serve food and refill drinks that it should not have been an issue. Took 20 minutes to get our check back after she picked it up. Will not return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatCincinnati28GirlDined on 9/12/2014We waited close to an hour before all of our food we had ordered came our correctly. My daughter ordered the kids shrimp sushi, her dinner was literally two small shrimps with rice. We had to give her our food to fill her up for dinner. Maybe the kids menu should have been more clear that kids sushi was 2 small pieces. The service was very slow, I would think speed would be a priority here. I had the spicy tuna and did not think it tasted very good. I eat a lot of sushi and this was not a memorable sushi roll. My other appetizer came out wrong and also slow. I was the last to eat. We almost left before my burgers came. The manager gave us a gift card to make up for the experience which was a nice gesture. But our experience was not good.Special Features:
- JohnDined on 9/7/2014Went for Sunday brunch buffet. Several issues: 1. the omelette order was completely wrong for both of us -- cheese added when not asked for and other items missed; 2. the buffet service line was not well tended -- some items missing (at 12 noon) and serving spoons and utensils missing from about 1/3 of the items. The outdoor seating was pleasant.Special Features:
- Comfortable QualityCinciMamaDDined on 9/7/2014Our first time visit turned out to be wonderful. We went for Sunday brunch buffet on a day the Reds were at home. The tavern-like location is across the street from the stadium, with very convenient parking. The decor and service complemented the restaurant's obvious attention to detail and the buffet was well done. The selection was very appetizing for under $20 with emphasis on quality. Would definitely go back as it was really enjoyable.Special Features:
- Rwc1uc04Dined on 9/7/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience for the Sunday brunch. I have heard nice things about this restaurant and was thoroughly impressed. Will definitely return at a future date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nikNiknBossDined on 9/7/2014I had a groupon for the Sunday brunch and it was well worth it. Food was very good. Want to go back and try lunch and dinner menu now. The staff was very helpful and friendly!Special Features:
- Sunday omeletwintonfoodswarriorDined on 9/7/2014The food was excellent. Our waiter was really great, friendly and attentive. Only thing was, and this was not the waiter's fault, our made-to-order omelets took well over half an hour from picking up the slips to having them brought to our table. The folks at the table behind us got their omelet within 10 minutes. Having worked church fish fries where the order-takers bring slips to the kitchen, what I suspect happened is that care wasn't taken to make sure the omelets were prepared in the order the slips were turned in. New slips should go to the bottom of the pile. Maybe a time stamp of some kind would help, in case the slips get mixed up. Other than that we had a pleasant experience and would come back again.Special Features:
- Reservation Highly Recommendedluv2craveagainDined on 9/7/2014Sunday September 7,2014 Brunch. I was looking at the website when I noticed that reservations were offered. I made a 10:15 am. Waiting to check in customers in front of me by 10:05 and 10:10 without reservations were given a wait time of one to one and half hours. Whew, thank goodness I had gone back to look at the website. Awesome array of food. Although I did not try everything the presentation of all the food was enticing and what I had was good but two items I did try I would improve. Biscuits with the gravy already poured over the biscuits, NO never. Omelet, cook eggs till set first then lay precooked items on eggs fold cook 2-3 mins more serve this is a softer omelet your style of omelet is my least favorite yet very hot but tough.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We went here before reds game and there were 9 in our party. The service was great. The waiter had perfect suggestions on beer and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before reds gameGeneDined on 9/6/2014A great place to eat before you go to a reds game from burgers to sushi, a comfortable place for a beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014This woud be my third time to Crave and my last. Ther service was horrible. We waited almost an hour for our omelets and that was after I had to turn in the order to the bartender because the waiter never came back.Special Features:
- Bad for Brunchunhappy14Dined on 8/31/2014The food was either cold or lukewarm at best from the breakfast buffet. We were served the wrong omelets that we had ordered. Other tables around us were expressing the same views. It was a lot of money wasted
- CraveFoodguyDined on 8/30/2014Ordered a crave burger Luke warm at best,ff cold Asian salad great Server made the differenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodDjackVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great good and very nice personable chef. Wide selection of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place before the gamebigdogDined on 8/27/2014Crave has good service and a nice selction of food and is a good place to stop on your way to the Reds gameSpecial Features:
- A Must for Cincinnati Sport's fansLuvtoeatDined on 8/26/2014It was great to have a great gourmet lunch by the ball parks. You usually find wings and burger chains. I had a great goat cheese lamb burger and fab prickly pear Margarita. GO!Special Features:
- Food was great; service was slowonacheduleDined on 8/25/2014Service was very slow; they are obviously not geared towards people on a lunch hour. We didn't order anything complicated--a club sandwich and two burgers---but it took forever to get our food. Our server finally came by and told us it was because one of the burgers was ordered well-done! Then when we were finished, it took another long wait until we got our check. Since I only have an hour for lunch, Crave is not a lunchtime option for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first brunch in a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Had a Groupon for brunch and suddenly it was due to expire so we made a reservation (nice that they take them) and headed to brunch. My first time to Crave but we will be back. Food was really good. Small amounts are put out so that the buffet is always fresh. Service is friendly. I really enjoyed our Sunday adventure.Special Features:
- Buyer BewareOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Sunday brunch - food was good. Service was terrible. Had to flag down the server to refill waters and coffee. Had to flag down the server to get the bill to leave. My groupon was brunch for 4 and after giving him the number and a few minutes the bill came back with only 2 brunches discounted. I pointed this out and the server came back with the revised bill in 30 seconds. Makes me wonder if this was an attempt to make us pay for 2 brunches if I was not paying attention.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014We love your brunch! We take the south bank shuttle to avoid the traffic and the parking. Best brunch in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatBobMDined on 8/24/2014Brunch was good but not great. Service was OK. We went without coffee re-fills for a long time, which is not a good thing at brunch. Good atmosphere and location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- before the gameBarbieVIPDined on 8/23/2014We came early for dinner before the game with friends from out of town, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceH1cincidinerDined on 8/23/2014We had a party of 8. Not too large, but large enough we were automatically charged gratuity. I'm usually completely fine with this, but our service was extremely poor. After our waitress took our order, she did not come back to ask us how we were doing, or how our food was, or if we needed anything else. She walked past the table several times without even looking at us. We had to actually stop her to ask for another round of drinks and our checks. I've been to Crave other times with exceptional service. This was terrible and a dissappointment because we brought out of towners with us.Special Features:
- Date nightR0e8a9Dined on 8/23/2014Great place to go with your date before the big game!! The calamari was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My teenage daughter's favorite!picturegirlDined on 8/23/2014We went to Crave early on a Saturday afternoon for my 14-year-old daughter's birthday before heading to an amusement park. My daughter loves Crave and requests it anytime we head downtown in Cincinnati (which is about once every two months or so). Her friend had never tried sushi, and was excited for something new to her. We couldn't have asked for better service or quality of food. We've been a number of times, and will continue to go back time and time again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRyanVIPDined on 8/22/2014Everything was great, thanks much. Really enjoyed things.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Good service. The manager was exceptional! He was gracious and attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itMoloDined on 8/22/2014I've been here once before a Red's game and came back again as a group of 6. The ambiance is great. The service is amazing and the food is just as good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday BrunchMaMaRitaDined on 8/17/2014The brunch was good. The omelets were very fresh and hot. My husband enjoyed the goetta too. We have been to the brunch before and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Would not recommend Crave. Our experience was terrible.
- Meidocre Sunday BrunchTastybiteDined on 8/17/2014The staff had a very difficult time keeping up with the buffet so on each trip, half of the entree's were missing/empty. The food was pretty good, but the website makes it seem better than what you actually get. The egg strata looked and tasted like it was frozen, and the chef selection food was sparse and only "OK." The service was the real downfall. Considering we were eating a brunch buffet, bringing our drinks in a timely manner is expected, but it took over 20 minutes to get our coffee, and 15 to get water! Coffee was never refilled and our omelet order never delivered so we never got to try that. Our waiter never stopped by the table so glasses often remained empty and the check was slow to arrive. Very disappointing.
- Not ImpressedSteakExpertVIPDined on 8/16/2014I'm not sure what other people are thinking, but, this dinner outing with our guests was pretty bad. We had to have our drinks remade, twice; the food was, average; and they had a broken coffee machine? Really?? Our waitress was very nice and working hard, but I would rate it less than average service.
- Just ok (sushi only)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Overall nearly everything about our experience was just average. Nothing special. Probably won't go back. The one highlight was my dirty martini which comes with prosciutto...brilliant!
- ExcellentHauserDined on 8/15/2014The food was excellent. The atmosphere and service were great. It is directly across the street form Great American Ball Park. Great experience and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.