CRAVE - Cincinnati
175 Joe Nuxhall Way
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
CRAVE - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://craveamerica.com/
- Phone: 5132418600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11am - 11pm
Friday-Saturday 11am - 12am
Sunday 11am - 10pm
(Not offered on Reds & Bengals Home Game days)
Monday-Thursday 3pm - 7pm
Friday 3pm - 6pm
Saturday 11am - 5pm
Sunday 11am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Miller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! Crave is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email to inquire!
A word from CRAVE - Cincinnati
Evoke the tastes of the new American palate. Familiar yet unforgettable! CRAVE delivers on one simple thing: Fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike. The combination of the burnt earthen color palette, stone work, glass accents and a golden-tiled fireplace invites shoppers and destination diners alike to stop and linger — enjoying unforgettable meals with friends and family. An elegant floor-to-ceiling wine tower displays a 125+ wine selection. Rich hues and an open kitchen, light-dappled tabletops and an iconic bar create a familiar yet unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
CRAVE - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
CRAVE - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
267 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (99)special occasion (98)hot spot (80)great for brunch (78)great for outdoor dining (77)vibrant bar scene (77)great for lunch (76)fit for foodies (73)scenic view (45)neighborhood gem (44)romantic (40)kid-friendly (38)notable wine list (34)late-night find (30)Show More
- Food was great; service was slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Service was very slow; they are obviously not geared towards people on a lunch hour. We didn't order anything complicated--a club sandwich and two burgers---but it took forever to get our food. Our server finally came by and told us it was because one of the burgers was ordered well-done! Then when we were finished, it took another long wait until we got our check. Since I only have an hour for lunch, Crave is not a lunchtime option for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first brunch in a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Had a Groupon for brunch and suddenly it was due to expire so we made a reservation (nice that they take them) and headed to brunch. My first time to Crave but we will be back. Food was really good. Small amounts are put out so that the buffet is always fresh. Service is friendly. I really enjoyed our Sunday adventure.Special Features:
- Buyer BewareOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Sunday brunch - food was good. Service was terrible. Had to flag down the server to refill waters and coffee. Had to flag down the server to get the bill to leave. My groupon was brunch for 4 and after giving him the number and a few minutes the bill came back with only 2 brunches discounted. I pointed this out and the server came back with the revised bill in 30 seconds. Makes me wonder if this was an attempt to make us pay for 2 brunches if I was not paying attention.
- Good but not greatBobMDined on 8/24/2014Brunch was good but not great. Service was OK. We went without coffee re-fills for a long time, which is not a good thing at brunch. Good atmosphere and location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- before the gameBarbieVIPDined on 8/23/2014We came early for dinner before the game with friends from out of town, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceH1cincidinerDined on 8/23/2014We had a party of 8. Not too large, but large enough we were automatically charged gratuity. I'm usually completely fine with this, but our service was extremely poor. After our waitress took our order, she did not come back to ask us how we were doing, or how our food was, or if we needed anything else. She walked past the table several times without even looking at us. We had to actually stop her to ask for another round of drinks and our checks. I've been to Crave other times with exceptional service. This was terrible and a dissappointment because we brought out of towners with us.Special Features:
- Date nightR0e8a9Dined on 8/23/2014Great place to go with your date before the big game!! The calamari was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My teenage daughter's favorite!picturegirlDined on 8/23/2014We went to Crave early on a Saturday afternoon for my 14-year-old daughter's birthday before heading to an amusement park. My daughter loves Crave and requests it anytime we head downtown in Cincinnati (which is about once every two months or so). Her friend had never tried sushi, and was excited for something new to her. We couldn't have asked for better service or quality of food. We've been a number of times, and will continue to go back time and time again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRyanVIPDined on 8/22/2014Everything was great, thanks much. Really enjoyed things.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Good service. The manager was exceptional! He was gracious and attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itMoloDined on 8/22/2014I've been here once before a Red's game and came back again as a group of 6. The ambiance is great. The service is amazing and the food is just as good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday BrunchMaMaRitaDined on 8/17/2014The brunch was good. The omelets were very fresh and hot. My husband enjoyed the goetta too. We have been to the brunch before and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Would not recommend Crave. Our experience was terrible.
- Meidocre Sunday BrunchTastybiteDined on 8/17/2014The staff had a very difficult time keeping up with the buffet so on each trip, half of the entree's were missing/empty. The food was pretty good, but the website makes it seem better than what you actually get. The egg strata looked and tasted like it was frozen, and the chef selection food was sparse and only "OK." The service was the real downfall. Considering we were eating a brunch buffet, bringing our drinks in a timely manner is expected, but it took over 20 minutes to get our coffee, and 15 to get water! Coffee was never refilled and our omelet order never delivered so we never got to try that. Our waiter never stopped by the table so glasses often remained empty and the check was slow to arrive. Very disappointing.
- Not ImpressedSteakExpertVIPDined on 8/16/2014I'm not sure what other people are thinking, but, this dinner outing with our guests was pretty bad. We had to have our drinks remade, twice; the food was, average; and they had a broken coffee machine? Really?? Our waitress was very nice and working hard, but I would rate it less than average service.
- Just ok (sushi only)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Overall nearly everything about our experience was just average. Nothing special. Probably won't go back. The one highlight was my dirty martini which comes with prosciutto...brilliant!
- ExcellentHauserDined on 8/15/2014The food was excellent. The atmosphere and service were great. It is directly across the street form Great American Ball Park. Great experience and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my best experienceklktbearVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have visited Crave numerous times. I made a request for a table near the windows and we were taking the worse table in the back again a wall, with post and wooden high chairs. There were other tables open that we asked to move to. Our server was very timid & might have been her first few days/weeks with no support. Drinks were late & we were not told of specials. When a manager checked in and apologized about the specials, I took a drink of my Watermelon Martini and there was a Habanero pepper in it. I burned my throat so bad I began to cough. He agreed that the pepper should not be in there. I was never asked if I wanted a new drink, this was money wasted since I could not drink it. Burgers were good but the fries were not hot.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicerichDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I had a very good meal following a Cincinnati Reds game. Location of restaurant across the street from baseball stadium is great. Our food (fish and chips and burger/salad were very good) and our service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- girls nighthroushDined on 8/9/2014We had a pleasant night out, the food was fantastic as always, although I was surprised that the calamari came with tarter sauce, & when I asked for cocktail sauce, the waitress told me they didn't have any, which I thought was strange as that's usually a standard dipping sauce for calamari, shrimp etc. then it took our waitress about 15min. to even greet our table, but I noticed she greeted the table that was seated after us first. we did run late with our reservation due to traffic & waiting on my friends to arrive, but I wasn't sure that warranted in our table being neglected most of the night. we had to ask for a 2nd cup of tarter sauce 3 times, & our water glasses were filled once. the food was great as usual, but the service was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/9/2014Not a bad place but not great. The food was decent- I think the drinks were a little better but VERY inconsistent. My friend ordered the same drink I did and it came out in a different sized glass and tasted completely different...Special Features:
- Great service, good foodMrjackson77Dined on 8/9/2014Had a nice meal. Great waitress, didn't have to wait for anything even though it was an hour before a Reds game on a Saturday night and they wear packed! Sushi was just so-so but the burgers were pretty good.Special Features:
- WebzVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great location and food. Perfect for pre - Red's game socializing.Special Features:
- Delicious!HealthymommyDined on 8/6/2014The food here is amazing! I'm not a sushi fan (which is something they have a lot of) and luckily they have an artery of other offerings that are devine. I love the flatbreads, house salad, and chicken apple and Brie sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great LunchLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/6/2014I love Crave - great food, great service, great place!Special Features:
- First Time - Worth ItkenniebVIPDined on 8/4/2014Found this restaurant via the OpenTable iPhone app and SO glad I did. It was very slow when we were there, approximately 3:15pm on a Monday afternoon. The service was still outstanding and the food was excellent tasting, quality and presentation. We got the bread basket, beef tacos, Crave burger and 2 mini-desserts. All of it was fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The food was good and plentiful. I wish they would cut some items into smaller portionsSpecial Features:
- Good Food and Great ValueClaraandJimVIPDined on 7/31/2014My husband enjoy the outdoor seating area at Crave -- great for people watching. The food is always good and reasonably priced. Wine and draft beer selection is also very good.Special Features:
- SuzanneVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had a nice dinner at CRAVE on a Thursday evening. The restaurant was not very crowded, so the overall experience was not as lively as some occasions when we have dined here, but it was very enjoyable. One disappointment -- the last 2 times we have had dinner at CRAVE, they have been out of the wines that we ordered. While substitutions were made, it is disappointing that the "featured" wines were not available.Special Features:
- food for kids was okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2014one of the kids 8 years old didnt like the fetticine. the other food was good. the service wasnt outstanding. I made a reservation through open table and indicated a birthday. the matre de accommodated us. someone else picked up the tab, so i hope we werent charged for the birthday cake and ice cream. my friends kids didnt like the place so much, but I always do, especially before a reds game. altho the parking kinda sucks unless you come from the east side.Special Features:
- Love Crave!!BAL1234VIPDined on 7/27/2014Been to Crave many times and always good.. Recommend it to our friends..Special Features:
- Lacks consistency...NancyDined on 7/27/2014We visit Crave regularly, usually enjoy it but it lacks consistency.Brunch over the years has been a buffet or family style brought to the table (which by the way was a fantastic way to do it). We find a dish we love & another time we go it is no longer on the menu? We loved the cheese fritter appetizers - this visit corporate removed them from the menu so we were disappointed.This summer we went and I quickly looked at opentable, it showed times open all evening so we did not make a reservation. We arrived & the hostess said it would be 30 min for a table but you could see plenty of vacancies. We were made to stand outside to wait. In the spring we went on a Sat for lunch-CLOSED?! The weather was beautiful so we went elsewhere.Special Features:
- MadereservationsDined on 7/26/2014We arrived early for our reservation and even though it was busy, we were seated right away. The sushi #9 roll was excellent and service was great considering it was after a baseball game and the music festival was in town. Everyone was pleasant and attentive. There was music outside. We enjoyed the atmosphere and will return to this restaurant. Location is superb for baseball fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bberg52Dined on 7/26/2014Food, service and atmosphere were all great. This is a great place to go before Reds games. Menu has a wide variety to choose from including very good fresh sushi. Will return for sure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Food was very good service was good. A little pricey but will go again. Sushi was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant, Picked Bad NightBA32Dined on 7/19/2014Been to a Crave in Orlando before and it was unbelievable. Loved every aspect of it and would have gave it a perfect score across the board. Went to Cincinnati location and picked a bad night to go. Didn't realize it was the same night as Jason Aldean concert next door at GABP. Food/Service was still excellent, but if you are planning a fancy date night go on a night when there are no activities at the ballpark. I do recommend this restaurant for everyone though. Great food selection!Special Features:
- enjoyed our dinnerwidecajmDined on 7/19/2014We had a great dinner prior to an event right next store at Great American Ball Park. Perfect location. The prices were reasonable as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDjackDined on 7/19/2014Great place to go not only for a great lunch or dinner but for a bite to eat before a ball game or concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with wifeSaturday9694Dined on 7/17/2014We had a very nice meal. Enjoyed restaurant & service was very good.Special Features:
- BuffetMommaDined on 7/13/2014buffet was nice. Need to keep it stocked and replenished better. Good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.