CRAVE - Austin
340 East Second Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cravetexas.com/
- Phone: 5124690000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Wednesday 11am-10pm
Thursday- Saturday 11am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Executive Chef: Frank Johnson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from CRAVE - Austin
CRAVE Restaurant was built out of a passion to create a dining experience unlike any other. A dining experience where quality, locally sourced food, chic atmosphere, and diverse choices offer guests the opportunity to create their own unforgettable dining experience. The energy of the restaurant is all encompassing–the buzz of guests and staff, the warm and open design, the modern sushi bar, the fresh spin on American cuisine with seasonality, and the sense of discovery around every corner. A CRAVE guest will leave knowing they experienced just the right mix of sophistication, entertainment and service in what can only be defined as The CRAVE Experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
CRAVE - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (51)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (42)great for outdoor dining (34)great for lunch (31)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (21)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (17)hot spot (17)late-night find (13)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great happy hour!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014So pleased with the happy hour! The times are generous and dont have as limited times as most places. Happy hours are what my friends and I look for! You're also super close to down town, and we'll definitely be re visiting as well as recommending!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014This was our second time trying crave. The menu is strange and we could not find much that sounded appealing. The martini were watered down and the waiter was not accommodating and didn't seem to interested in his job.
- Erica and Lauren were great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Interesting wine options. Lauren really knows wine. Erica was personable and attentive. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boots2bagsDined on 9/11/2014Enjoy ! Variety of food for all made changes on menus for me to get just what wantedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheap happy hourelizeatsDined on 9/1/2014Crave has the cheapest happy hour (drafts $2, wells $3, appetizers $4-$6) with a great selection of drinks and food. Their shoestring fries are delicious along with the sliders. Homemade chips with the guacamole. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and service.DeniseDined on 8/31/2014From being greeted by the amazing Dakota to the food and happy hour drink prices, we had a very nice time.Special Features:
- Simply put: Amazing!FoShoDined on 8/31/2014The food was stellar, and the happy hour prices can't be best! I will definitely be going back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/30/2014I've been here roughly 8 times, so I've seen it all. The food is average at best. The service is non existent. My most recent trip involved waiting 25 minutes from the point we sat down until we were able to order a drink. The place was pretty quiet but it still took about 40 minutes to get our drinks....for all two of us at the table. There isn't consistency in the food....one day the burger will be good, the next the flatbread pizza will be made incorrectly. Blah blah blah
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Welcoming, knowledgeable staff. Food and drinks were great. Only issue was the restaurant had an off-smell upon entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient and friendlyJupieVIPDined on 8/25/2014Stopped in for lunch and greater with handshakes and smiles. Service was excellent. Had sushi and a salad. Awesome salad but sushi was not as spicy as I've had before...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wanted to love it!BlueReviewDined on 8/24/2014But the quality of the food was so poor. We had sushi and for the price we would rather go to a Sushi restaurant. Our daughter had the chicken tenders and when she stopped eating I took a taste and agreed... Worst I have ever had. The service was pretty good. Wish we could love it, but will not be going back.Special Features:
- Great Classy Date SpotCausalGetsClassyDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I tried out Crave for our anniversary. They have a wide assortment of foods, perfectly sized portions (not to big, not too small), and a friendly staff. Try the Smore Brownie. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNicebutnotfrooDined on 8/12/2014This restaurant was "really nice" without making you feel uncomfortable...it's perfect Austin-style. Good, good for you, great ambiance, but not "too froo-froo". Men AND women will like this one! And the sushi bar is FABULOUS! But for the non-sushi eaters, there's good food to be had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceARomanticAffairDined on 8/8/2014This was our first time dining at Crave. We chose this place to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. Our waitress was phenomenal! She was very friendly and went out of her way to provide excellent customer service! The food is great! I love the pulled chicken and avocado egg rolls! It was truly a night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerElizzyDined on 8/8/2014This was my second time at CRAVE. I decided to give dinner a shot since lunch was so amazing. The food was great. Service was great in the beginning, however towards the end of our meal (party of two), we had to flag down a waitress to get more drinks/dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.MouseDined on 8/1/2014We ordered salads and the order was not turned in. We received our entrees when we were told this by the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi heaven!SushiLoversDined on 7/29/2014Everything on the sushi list was amazing! My husband and I are big sushi lovers and are quite picky about how it, so to have a large menu and have it all be so good was awesome. We loved having the Groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!ElizzyDined on 7/29/2014My first time at Crave was amazing. Service was excellent. I ordered a bento box, and a couple of appetizers, my friend ordered a steak salad. Every single thing was so good, I even became a Crave card carrying member.Special Features:
- Can't wait to come back!julesss3Dined on 7/26/2014Our first experience at Crave was fantastic! Our waitress was attentive and helpful and the management who visited are table was friendly. The food was amazing, but the ambiance and service will have us returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menu choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014Many choices, gluten free, kids meals, etc. Food was great but expensive for what you get. We both felt they need to have some sort of vegetable with the entrees. It is the meat and starch. Nice place but on the expensive side.Special Features:
- Great Date night spotEddieGillisDined on 7/19/2014Excellent spot for having a first date or couples looking for good food, a vibrant bar, lots of options on the draft menu, and an excellent staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoochdaddyDined on 7/18/2014Very cool place. Cool environment. Good food. Had a very wide variety of food and everything was tastefulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014our office has made about 4 times to Crave for lunch and every time it takes for every to take our order and then to be served. We were at the restraunt 40 minutes and still had not received any food. We had made our food choices quickly, we only have 1 hour for lunch, and took for ever for the waiter to take the order. The food is good but there are several times we have thought about going there and decide not because of the slow service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $$$KnowsfoodVIPDined on 7/14/2014Think PF Changs with lower quality service and food but more expensive. There are plenty of other great places in Austin so I wouldn't waste your time here. I asked for a small substitution from the menu and was told that the menu is served as is. The cooked salmon dinner I ordered was completely raw in the middle. I told the server and there was no effort to correct it.
- Solid dining experienceAgingBullDined on 7/11/2014We (2 couples) had a fine time last Friday. We just stopped by for a quick dinner before a show and Crave delivered.
- outstanding sushi and serviceeatmeatDined on 7/11/2014We have eaten there a few times and the service is always outstanding. We have small children and are part of the early crowd but they have a great mix of menu items, all kinds of patrons, and we are always pleased with the experience!Special Features:
- Bit priceyCeoewingDined on 7/10/2014I wanted to really like this place, but it was pretty hard to order sushi rolls that cost $17. I hear they have a promo Monday - Wednesday that is 1/2 price sushi. Perhaps try that.
- Dog friendly patioLaarniVIPDined on 7/6/2014Crave's patio is dog friendly and we appreciate the care and attention that our servers gave our puppy. She promptly got a bowl of water and treats as soon as we have settled in our booth. We love that Crave set-up a water dispenser /bowl on the curb even for non-dining pets. Great patio for brunch and late night meals specially during the summer.Special Features:
- Great Lunch StopOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/4/2014CRAVE has great food and an expansive menu. Service was attentive and helpful. It would be great for a large group party with a group of people with eclectic food tastes.Special Features:
- LOVE itchyqoDined on 6/28/2014Great food and fantastic service! Couldn't ask for a better dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beffietxDined on 6/28/2014Interesting décor. All five in our party were very pleased with the food, which included the lamb hamburger, the chicken stir-fry, sushi, flat iron steak, and a soup and flatbread combo. They have miniature desserts, which were perfect for our party (salty caramel mousse -- yum!) and they brought my sister a complimentary s'more brownie for her birthday. The service was a little slow -- I thought it was great not to be rushed, but my mother was impatient. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuAudreyDined on 6/27/2014Lots of choices. Very happy with the atmosphere and service. Food was tasty and served in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Love Crave!!mavmaidenDined on 6/24/2014This is my second visit to Crave. The first time I went with 2 friends for happy hour. This time I was with 2 different friends for lunch. Both times were outstanding. The food was great, the service was wonderful and the ambiance is very nice. All 4 friends agreed and we're planning future trips there. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone-- it covers all bases no matter what your occasion! I look forward to fall when the weather is pleasant-- their patio is grand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFoodieDined on 6/22/2014My daughter and I went for lunch. They were serving brunch only. There was a variety of options available. Food was good. Setting was nice. We both loved the lights in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.BakidoVIPDined on 6/21/2014This was our second trip and we are glad we took it. Staff is very friendly and seem to enjoy being there. Food is outstanding. Wines are very reasonably priced. We will make this one of our go to spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmbarassingdiningdowntownDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant will probably be closed in a year. The food was similar to TGI Fridays and the classic cocktails probably appeal to the 21 - 25 year old people.
- Not specialSeasonedEaterDined on 6/21/2014In a town with so many great local restaurants, a chain, especially a higher end chain, really has to stand out. Crave did not. We all ordered something different and the only thing that got a strong recommendation was the Mac and Cheese. My shrimp and grits (seasonal) were well cooked, swimming in so much sauce I could barely taste the shrimp or the grits. Sauce should enhance, not overwhelm. My husband had the meatball and said it was fair. My friend left most of her chicken and waffles on her plate. My wine was no more than 3 ounces. Then tried the white sangria which was way too sweet. Plus TVs in the bar? Not exactly conducive to a nice night out with drunks cheering the baseball game. Waitress was best part of evening.
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was good here for lunch and it was fun to talk with the chef. We had the baked crab artichoke appetizer which was delicious. Then we tried the creole burger and the turkey burger. They were both excellently prepared and presented. We also had a specialty cocktail and a beer. Everything was foodie quality but over priced. Lunch ended up being over $50 for the two of us.Special Features:
- "pleasantly postmodern palatable"bodhidaveDined on 6/19/2014We enjoyed our meals and our overall first-time experience at Crave. Other reviews I've seen online had included mention of questionable feelings regarding the eclectic, theme-less menu, and a kind of amateur quality on the part of the waitstaff. These did not bother me -- if anything I found both had a kind of charm. "User-friendly postmodern", with an emphasis on the "friendly," might be one way to characterize things there.Special Features:
- Honestly PaddyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The sushi was just so-so and overpriced. Our waiter for the evening shared, perhaps after his third "mistake" that he'd recently returned from a few weeks off and was on 3 medications. We asked for the Holy Guacamole roll and he brought out guacamole and chips. Understandable, but when the check arrived, we were charged for both. The tab had to be redone twice and still was not right. The manager interrupted our conversation and went on an on talking about a Crave membership, which we'd already stated we weren't interested in. When the pen didn't work, I took this as a sign to not fill out the card for them. All in all, a disappointing experience.