CRAVE - Austin
340 East Second Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cravetexas.com/
- Phone: 5124690000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Wednesday 11am-10pm
Thursday- Saturday 11am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Executive Chef: Frank Johnson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from CRAVE - Austin
CRAVE Restaurant was built out of a passion to create a dining experience unlike any other. A dining experience where quality, locally sourced food, chic atmosphere, and diverse choices offer guests the opportunity to create their own unforgettable dining experience. The energy of the restaurant is all encompassing–the buzz of guests and staff, the warm and open design, the modern sushi bar, the fresh spin on American cuisine with seasonality, and the sense of discovery around every corner. A CRAVE guest will leave knowing they experienced just the right mix of sophistication, entertainment and service in what can only be defined as The CRAVE Experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
CRAVE - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (50)fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (40)special occasion (38)great for lunch (30)vibrant bar scene (24)romantic (22)hot spot (20)neighborhood gem (19)great for brunch (17)late-night find (16)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014Nothing special about the restaurant. The service was on par for Austin - which means it is below standard. Meat was not cooked to requested temp. The hostess was poorly dressed, and did a quick drive bye to see how things were, but it was not a sincere attempt, nor did she even stop moving long enough to get a real answer.
- Quite a varietyLoraDined on 10/16/2014This place has sushi, pizza, pasta, fabulous salads, expertly cooked fish (try the red snapper) and meat, too. Something that should please most everyone. Happy hour at the bar includes tasty dishes at a discount (yummy guacamole.)Special Features:
- Great outdoor area for large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Great for outdoor dining with a large group. We had a great of 12 that walked over from the Four Seasons Hotel. They were very accommodating to our large group and made us feel like we were welcomed. The service was great and the food was even better. Highly recommend this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time CraverHisMonkeyDined on 10/13/2014Absolutely amazing. My husband and I went there the other night for the first time not knowing what to expect. I would describe it as upscale casual dining. The food presentation was beautiful and the food was full of flavor. The Kogi taco's were out of this world. You'll want to savor each bite. Honestly, I expected to pay too much for very little but that was not the case. The amount of food was perfect. It's a nice crowd. It's our new favorite place.Special Features:
- Great brunch!!!NattpbDined on 10/12/2014I went in on saturday my server was Dan who did an outstanding job in recomending us some items on the menu, spot on!! Thanks Dan! All the staff was very friendly, they had a great table picked out for us! Food was epic! Will be coming back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Can'tTW20Dined on 10/10/2014We heard from a friend that this place was great, so we decided to try it for our party of 8. We had excellant service from the minute we walked in. We were treated like celebs. The manager comped us appetizers and dessert! (We told them we were celebrating 3 birthdays.) everyone loved their food! I got the Crab crusted filet with lobster sauce and it was amazing!Special Features:
- Won't go back for a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014While we thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor patio, the food was just okay, and the service was terrible. Very disappointing, and we won't be going back for a while.Special Features:
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014I don't mind paying for excellent food and great service. I didn't get either here.
- Food was less than impressiveDGR0908austinDined on 9/27/2014I would not recommend Crave. The menu is all over the place and the food was less than impressive.
- San Antonio residentGodsFirstGirlDined on 9/27/2014We went to Crave for a visit with my mother in law and she recommended Crave. I had the Lemom Pepper Wings and they were truly outstanding. Going back when I visit Austin again I would like to try other things on the menu.Special Features:
- Crave is good!oenophileVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had lunch at Crave, and when we arrived the bar was already bustling. There is a good selection of sushi and other dishes, and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crave was GreatJanosBarnaDined on 9/26/2014Restaurant is beautiful, good waitstaff, good food. There is an outside eating area that is nice. Beautiful bar, great place to meet friends for drinks. Good restaurant for adults into night scene. Only downside - sports on every flat screen TV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used GrouponOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/23/2014We dined at Crave for lunch having purchased a Groupon. We ate at 2:30 so the restaurant was not crowded at all. The food was fantastic! Had the blackened red fish, absolutely delicious. Valet service was not working at the time we visited which meant parking in the parking garage. That would be the only complaint I have. I'm just sorry Crave was not located there while I was still working and attended many events at the Convention Center. Would love to see them have another location away from downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedJeffVIPDined on 9/20/2014Crave's online site and ratings were good (Opentable and Yelp), so we wanted to try it out. The menu has a lot of options, which is good for couples/groups that like different things. I had some sushi for an appetizer and was quite pleased. The service was good through the night. With that said, something just wasn't right. The restaurant is HUGE, and I mean HUGE. To the point where it felt more like a dining hall than a restaurant. The place looked empty, which may have added to the "something". At times, I felt as if the entire restaurant (owners, managers, staff) were ok with settling for "just ok". It is tough to explain, but I just didn't leave with a feeling of a top-notch restaurant.Special Features:
- Crave ITBeckyVIPDined on 9/16/2014second trip to Crave even better than the first--cocktails,egg rolls and redfish were outstanding...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour!FoodieFanaticDined on 9/13/2014So pleased with the happy hour! The times are generous and dont have as limited times as most places. Happy hours are what my friends and I look for! You're also super close to down town, and we'll definitely be re visiting as well as recommending!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014This was our second time trying crave. The menu is strange and we could not find much that sounded appealing. The martini were watered down and the waiter was not accommodating and didn't seem to interested in his job.
- Erica and Lauren were great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Interesting wine options. Lauren really knows wine. Erica was personable and attentive. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boots2bagsDined on 9/11/2014Enjoy ! Variety of food for all made changes on menus for me to get just what wantedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheap happy hourelizeatsDined on 9/1/2014Crave has the cheapest happy hour (drafts $2, wells $3, appetizers $4-$6) with a great selection of drinks and food. Their shoestring fries are delicious along with the sliders. Homemade chips with the guacamole. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and service.DeniseDined on 8/31/2014From being greeted by the amazing Dakota to the food and happy hour drink prices, we had a very nice time.Special Features:
- Simply put: Amazing!FoShoDined on 8/31/2014The food was stellar, and the happy hour prices can't be best! I will definitely be going back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/30/2014I've been here roughly 8 times, so I've seen it all. The food is average at best. The service is non existent. My most recent trip involved waiting 25 minutes from the point we sat down until we were able to order a drink. The place was pretty quiet but it still took about 40 minutes to get our drinks....for all two of us at the table. There isn't consistency in the food....one day the burger will be good, the next the flatbread pizza will be made incorrectly. Blah blah blah
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Welcoming, knowledgeable staff. Food and drinks were great. Only issue was the restaurant had an off-smell upon entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient and friendlyJupieVIPDined on 8/25/2014Stopped in for lunch and greater with handshakes and smiles. Service was excellent. Had sushi and a salad. Awesome salad but sushi was not as spicy as I've had before...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wanted to love it!BlueReviewDined on 8/24/2014But the quality of the food was so poor. We had sushi and for the price we would rather go to a Sushi restaurant. Our daughter had the chicken tenders and when she stopped eating I took a taste and agreed... Worst I have ever had. The service was pretty good. Wish we could love it, but will not be going back.Special Features:
- Great Classy Date SpotCausalGetsClassyDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I tried out Crave for our anniversary. They have a wide assortment of foods, perfectly sized portions (not to big, not too small), and a friendly staff. Try the Smore Brownie. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNicebutnotfrooDined on 8/12/2014This restaurant was "really nice" without making you feel uncomfortable...it's perfect Austin-style. Good, good for you, great ambiance, but not "too froo-froo". Men AND women will like this one! And the sushi bar is FABULOUS! But for the non-sushi eaters, there's good food to be had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceARomanticAffairDined on 8/8/2014This was our first time dining at Crave. We chose this place to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. Our waitress was phenomenal! She was very friendly and went out of her way to provide excellent customer service! The food is great! I love the pulled chicken and avocado egg rolls! It was truly a night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerElizzyDined on 8/8/2014This was my second time at CRAVE. I decided to give dinner a shot since lunch was so amazing. The food was great. Service was great in the beginning, however towards the end of our meal (party of two), we had to flag down a waitress to get more drinks/dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.MouseDined on 8/1/2014We ordered salads and the order was not turned in. We received our entrees when we were told this by the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi heaven!SushiLoversDined on 7/29/2014Everything on the sushi list was amazing! My husband and I are big sushi lovers and are quite picky about how it, so to have a large menu and have it all be so good was awesome. We loved having the Groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!ElizzyDined on 7/29/2014My first time at Crave was amazing. Service was excellent. I ordered a bento box, and a couple of appetizers, my friend ordered a steak salad. Every single thing was so good, I even became a Crave card carrying member.Special Features:
- Can't wait to come back!julesss3Dined on 7/26/2014Our first experience at Crave was fantastic! Our waitress was attentive and helpful and the management who visited are table was friendly. The food was amazing, but the ambiance and service will have us returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menu choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014Many choices, gluten free, kids meals, etc. Food was great but expensive for what you get. We both felt they need to have some sort of vegetable with the entrees. It is the meat and starch. Nice place but on the expensive side.Special Features:
- Great Date night spotEddieGillisDined on 7/19/2014Excellent spot for having a first date or couples looking for good food, a vibrant bar, lots of options on the draft menu, and an excellent staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoochdaddyDined on 7/18/2014Very cool place. Cool environment. Good food. Had a very wide variety of food and everything was tastefulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014our office has made about 4 times to Crave for lunch and every time it takes for every to take our order and then to be served. We were at the restraunt 40 minutes and still had not received any food. We had made our food choices quickly, we only have 1 hour for lunch, and took for ever for the waiter to take the order. The food is good but there are several times we have thought about going there and decide not because of the slow service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $$$KnowsfoodVIPDined on 7/14/2014Think PF Changs with lower quality service and food but more expensive. There are plenty of other great places in Austin so I wouldn't waste your time here. I asked for a small substitution from the menu and was told that the menu is served as is. The cooked salmon dinner I ordered was completely raw in the middle. I told the server and there was no effort to correct it.
- Solid dining experienceAgingBullDined on 7/11/2014We (2 couples) had a fine time last Friday. We just stopped by for a quick dinner before a show and Crave delivered.