CRAVE - Austin
340 East Second Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cravetexas.com/
- Phone: (512) 469-0000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Wednesday 11am-10pm
Thursday- Saturday 11am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Executive Chef: Frank Johnson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from CRAVE - Austin
CRAVE Restaurant was built out of a passion to create a dining experience unlike any other. A dining experience where quality, locally sourced food, chic atmosphere, and diverse choices offer guests the opportunity to create their own unforgettable dining experience. The energy of the restaurant is all encompassing–the buzz of guests and staff, the warm and open design, the modern sushi bar, the fresh spin on American cuisine with seasonality, and the sense of discovery around every corner. A CRAVE guest will leave knowing they experienced just the right mix of sophistication, entertainment and service in what can only be defined as The CRAVE Experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
CRAVE - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (53)fit for foodies (44)great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (29)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (22)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (18)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- krayDined on 11/17/2014We were not there during a busy lunch time, but food, service, price was all good. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChevrockVIPDined on 11/14/2014Venue was quiet & empty for lunch virtually making reservations unnecessary. However, it made for excellent service. Completely attentive, allergen knowledgable & accommodating. Moderate pricing for an extensive menu. Staff cohesion proved for little mistakes. Return trip worthwhileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skip itJPinATXDined on 11/11/2014Nice staff, good looking place, broad draft beer selection, but poor service. Bartender took a long while to make drinks, appetizer came with dinner, dessert came before dinner was done. Food was cold and waiter suggested maybe it was supposed to be (not fish and couscous.) Manager didn't bother to check on us despite issues with every phase of the special occasion dinner. Oh yeah, and zero parking. Just really can't recommend it.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Waiter gave great recommendation for wine. Crab stuffed shrimp appetizer was a fantastic start. Loved, loved, loved the spicy lamb burger and the black bean soup. My husband had the crab crusted fillet and he was just as happy. Will definitely be a "must do" when we come back to Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heard great things but disappointedAlyAnders1Dined on 11/5/2014We had heard great things about CRAVE so we were excited to try it. The former Roy's has been stripped down to bare walls, is too brightly lit and suffers from a "cafeteria-like" ambiance. Our server was excellent but every other staff member I encountered was too distracted to make eye contact. I observed who I presumed to be the manager walking around but never looking at a guest or stopping at a table. The hostess was too busy looking at her screen to thank us as we left. Food was mixed; some dishes were great (flatbread)- some so-so. (Sushi was mixed; mine seemed to be pre-made). I will always overlook mediocre service and ambiance for great food and will forgive mediocre food for outstanding service, but got neither in this case.
- Good food, great atmosphereHoustonFoodieDined on 11/1/2014The spicy tuna crunch roll was amazing and lamb burger had a savory flavor. They have an amazing bar with great cocktails. Only complaint was the service was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really interesting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2014Food was great - quite a variety. Fun cocktails. All in all a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place and especially the patio vibe. I definitely would return to try more dishes and take advantage of the great happy hour. I loved the flat iron steak. Service was well-timed and friendly. Overall a great outing for our "date night".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gratuity issueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014The only weird part was they added gratuity to our bill when we were a party of three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inferior food and horrible serviceVerydisappointedcustomerDined on 10/30/2014We were shocked and the low quality of the food and the horrible service. Did not have the first six beers we attempted to order. Service was slow. Food was cold when it arrived. To top it off, there was no attempt to make things right. For the price, it was the worst restaurant at which I have dined in many years. To be in a prime location like you enjoy, your restaurant will never survive without better service, more experienced wait staff, management willing to make thinks right. To have poor service, cold food, and run out of beer on a Thursday night of an F1 weekend is absolutely terrible management.
- Craving another trip to Crave!IndyGirlDined on 10/24/2014Our group of 6 met at Crave in the bar and chose from an amazing array of craft beers. Our server Brandon was hilarious and helpful. Food was fantastic. My husband and I had sushi - very creative and delicious rolls. The fish (highly recommended by Brandon) also got rave reviews, as did the ribeye from our friends. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!DigitalManDined on 10/23/2014We didn't know what to expect from Crave, but were pleasantly surprised. Portions were good, everything tasted excellent, the beer selection was outstanding. A very approachable restaurant. Anthony is possibly the best waiter I've ever had. Ask for him. He won't steer you wrong.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014Nothing special about the restaurant. The service was on par for Austin - which means it is below standard. Meat was not cooked to requested temp. The hostess was poorly dressed, and did a quick drive bye to see how things were, but it was not a sincere attempt, nor did she even stop moving long enough to get a real answer.
- Quite a varietyLoraDined on 10/16/2014This place has sushi, pizza, pasta, fabulous salads, expertly cooked fish (try the red snapper) and meat, too. Something that should please most everyone. Happy hour at the bar includes tasty dishes at a discount (yummy guacamole.)Special Features:
- Great outdoor area for large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Great for outdoor dining with a large group. We had a great of 12 that walked over from the Four Seasons Hotel. They were very accommodating to our large group and made us feel like we were welcomed. The service was great and the food was even better. Highly recommend this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time CraverHisMonkeyDined on 10/13/2014Absolutely amazing. My husband and I went there the other night for the first time not knowing what to expect. I would describe it as upscale casual dining. The food presentation was beautiful and the food was full of flavor. The Kogi taco's were out of this world. You'll want to savor each bite. Honestly, I expected to pay too much for very little but that was not the case. The amount of food was perfect. It's a nice crowd. It's our new favorite place.Special Features:
- Great brunch!!!NattpbDined on 10/12/2014I went in on saturday my server was Dan who did an outstanding job in recomending us some items on the menu, spot on!! Thanks Dan! All the staff was very friendly, they had a great table picked out for us! Food was epic! Will be coming back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Can'tTW20VIPDined on 10/10/2014We heard from a friend that this place was great, so we decided to try it for our party of 8. We had excellant service from the minute we walked in. We were treated like celebs. The manager comped us appetizers and dessert! (We told them we were celebrating 3 birthdays.) everyone loved their food! I got the Crab crusted filet with lobster sauce and it was amazing!Special Features:
- Won't go back for a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014While we thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor patio, the food was just okay, and the service was terrible. Very disappointing, and we won't be going back for a while.Special Features:
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014I don't mind paying for excellent food and great service. I didn't get either here.
- Food was less than impressiveDGR0908austinDined on 9/27/2014I would not recommend Crave. The menu is all over the place and the food was less than impressive.
- San Antonio residentGodsFirstGirlDined on 9/27/2014We went to Crave for a visit with my mother in law and she recommended Crave. I had the Lemom Pepper Wings and they were truly outstanding. Going back when I visit Austin again I would like to try other things on the menu.Special Features:
- Crave is good!oenophileVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had lunch at Crave, and when we arrived the bar was already bustling. There is a good selection of sushi and other dishes, and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crave was GreatJanosBarnaDined on 9/26/2014Restaurant is beautiful, good waitstaff, good food. There is an outside eating area that is nice. Beautiful bar, great place to meet friends for drinks. Good restaurant for adults into night scene. Only downside - sports on every flat screen TV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used GrouponOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/23/2014We dined at Crave for lunch having purchased a Groupon. We ate at 2:30 so the restaurant was not crowded at all. The food was fantastic! Had the blackened red fish, absolutely delicious. Valet service was not working at the time we visited which meant parking in the parking garage. That would be the only complaint I have. I'm just sorry Crave was not located there while I was still working and attended many events at the Convention Center. Would love to see them have another location away from downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedJeffVIPDined on 9/20/2014Crave's online site and ratings were good (Opentable and Yelp), so we wanted to try it out. The menu has a lot of options, which is good for couples/groups that like different things. I had some sushi for an appetizer and was quite pleased. The service was good through the night. With that said, something just wasn't right. The restaurant is HUGE, and I mean HUGE. To the point where it felt more like a dining hall than a restaurant. The place looked empty, which may have added to the "something". At times, I felt as if the entire restaurant (owners, managers, staff) were ok with settling for "just ok". It is tough to explain, but I just didn't leave with a feeling of a top-notch restaurant.Special Features:
- Crave ITBeckyVIPDined on 9/16/2014second trip to Crave even better than the first--cocktails,egg rolls and redfish were outstanding...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour!FoodieFanaticDined on 9/13/2014So pleased with the happy hour! The times are generous and dont have as limited times as most places. Happy hours are what my friends and I look for! You're also super close to down town, and we'll definitely be re visiting as well as recommending!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014This was our second time trying crave. The menu is strange and we could not find much that sounded appealing. The martini were watered down and the waiter was not accommodating and didn't seem to interested in his job.
- Erica and Lauren were great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Interesting wine options. Lauren really knows wine. Erica was personable and attentive. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boots2bagsDined on 9/11/2014Enjoy ! Variety of food for all made changes on menus for me to get just what wantedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheap happy hourelizeatsDined on 9/1/2014Crave has the cheapest happy hour (drafts $2, wells $3, appetizers $4-$6) with a great selection of drinks and food. Their shoestring fries are delicious along with the sliders. Homemade chips with the guacamole. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and service.DeniseDined on 8/31/2014From being greeted by the amazing Dakota to the food and happy hour drink prices, we had a very nice time.Special Features:
- Simply put: Amazing!FoShoDined on 8/31/2014The food was stellar, and the happy hour prices can't be best! I will definitely be going back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/30/2014I've been here roughly 8 times, so I've seen it all. The food is average at best. The service is non existent. My most recent trip involved waiting 25 minutes from the point we sat down until we were able to order a drink. The place was pretty quiet but it still took about 40 minutes to get our drinks....for all two of us at the table. There isn't consistency in the food....one day the burger will be good, the next the flatbread pizza will be made incorrectly. Blah blah blah
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Welcoming, knowledgeable staff. Food and drinks were great. Only issue was the restaurant had an off-smell upon entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient and friendlyJupieVIPDined on 8/25/2014Stopped in for lunch and greater with handshakes and smiles. Service was excellent. Had sushi and a salad. Awesome salad but sushi was not as spicy as I've had before...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wanted to love it!BlueReviewDined on 8/24/2014But the quality of the food was so poor. We had sushi and for the price we would rather go to a Sushi restaurant. Our daughter had the chicken tenders and when she stopped eating I took a taste and agreed... Worst I have ever had. The service was pretty good. Wish we could love it, but will not be going back.Special Features:
- Great Classy Date SpotCausalGetsClassyDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I tried out Crave for our anniversary. They have a wide assortment of foods, perfectly sized portions (not to big, not too small), and a friendly staff. Try the Smore Brownie. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNicebutnotfrooDined on 8/12/2014This restaurant was "really nice" without making you feel uncomfortable...it's perfect Austin-style. Good, good for you, great ambiance, but not "too froo-froo". Men AND women will like this one! And the sushi bar is FABULOUS! But for the non-sushi eaters, there's good food to be had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.