Crave - Akron
57 E. Market St.
Akron, OH 44308Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crave - Akron
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatdrinkcrave.com/flash/index.htm
- Phone: 3302531234
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Aaron Hervey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Crave offers off site catering with or without staff. Drop off parties where the host simply heats and serves, or on the flip side, we can staff and serve large events of approximately 300 persons.
- Private Party Facilities: Our back room can be the perfect private dining area for you. Plush curtains and on a raised elevation separate it from the bar area. There is access to an outside patio for seasonal parties. Special menu"s can be created, or simply off our base menu. Buffet's can be arranged.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Hamad 3302531234
- Cross Street: High St.
- Public Transit: Because of our location in the heart of downtown Akron, numerous public transit stops create convenient access .
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: A full valet service is provided, there also is on street parking is available, and directly across the street is a public parking deck. The deck is free on the weekends.
A word from Crave - Akron
Crave is Akron's premier restaurant, offering creative cuisine at modest prices , in a contemporary yet non pretentious atmosphere. Comfort food, Creative eclectic dishes, and twists on old classics all work harmoniously . As with the food, the bar is stocked to accommodate a large variety of beverage options at all price ranges. Private parties can be accommodated in our back room. A variety of seating options exist, from plush, comfortable semi-private booth's, to our communal table. There also is a Chef table in the kitchen, patio seating, couch soft seating, and twenty seats at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Crave - Akron - Best Restaurants in Akron ›
Crave - Akron reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (63)special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (39)hot spot (32)great for lunch (30)romantic (29)vibrant bar scene (19)notable wine list (13)late-night find (11)scenic view (6)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Amazing time and great food!proxzerkDined on 8/23/2014Stopped in Crave on Saturday for a Birthday party and was very pleased! Everything was fantastic from the Tomato Grilled Cheese soup to the Sea Bass entree. Also had a few notable beers from Rust Belt Brewing which I had not seen anywhere else locally. To round out everything we had terrific service from our server, Annie, whom was extremely knowledgeable and very attentive! Once again an amazing time at Crave.Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were in downtown Akron for a concert at the Civic Center. As we were walking from where we parked to Crave I noticed that not much was happening and a lot of empty building. When we got to Crave the place was full of people. This says to me, it's a destination spot! They sure not neighborhood people. They have a nice wine list and at a reasonable price (not much higher than retail). My wife had the fish special and I have the steak special. The food was outstanding. Our waiter was very pleasant. This is our second time and will not be our last.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014The "casual" setting didnt work for me considering the menu. Maybe some white table clothes for the tables when dinner is served. Wait staff to have alittle more engagement and excitement about the menu. Had to ask for a few lemons slices in the water 3 times before completed.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014What a great place! Crave is a real treat, a restaurant with a varied and extensive menu, great atmosphere and a hip vibe. The service was outstanding, with a very knowledgeable, personable, experienced server. The food was wonderfully presented, well-prepared, and the serving sizes seemed just right. The decor is eclectic and lovely, and there is a surprising amount of daylight that filters in during the early evening. Highly recommend Crave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food in AkrondjsfavDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful food. Meeting with management, a little loud. Everyone enjoyed their food and I was with picky eaters.Special Features:
- Great againBinaDined on 8/16/2014Dined Saturday for dinner and had wonderful meals. I have been there quite a few times, but the sea bass with puréed cauliflower was probably the best meal ever! My dining companion had the pulled pork on a pretzel bun- consistently good. Extensive drink menu and attentive service means I'll return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServicelrkmazwilkinsDined on 8/14/2014We have been to Crave a handful of times, and have always enjoyed the unique menu items, the food and the atmosphere. This time the service was so disappointing that I am fairly certain we will never choose to return. The food was good, but not good enough to risk having another extremely poor service experience. It was a lovely evening, and we were seated outside, which was delightful. However, we waited too long for a server to take our drink order, then we waited WAY too long to get our drinks. Unfortunately, this slow, inattentive service was an appropriate way to set the stage for the disappointing service throughout the rest of our meal. Too slow, very inattentive, and did I mention too slow?
- Always a great mealGrapenapeDined on 8/6/2014Love this place!!! Always delicious. Looking forward to the next time we dine with them.Special Features:
- Craveluv2eatoutDined on 8/2/2014The food was very good but a little pricey. The only things we weren't too fond of were the grilled radicchio (very bitter) and the marrow bone. Everything else was excellent. After reviewing the menu online we expected the restaurant to "look" a little more upscale. More comfortable chairs, more booths would have been nice and we were seated right next to the door so it got pretty noisy with people waiting for a table. The service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Fabulous food at moderate prices. Brought an out of town guest from Europe and she was amazed at the quality and affordability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Best mushroom soup in the world. Rest of the meal and service = excellent!! Birthday sparkler at the end was fun and unique. We will be back many more times.Special Features:
- CraveYummysVIPDined on 8/1/2014Oh my gee! I love this restaurant I been here 7 or 8 times oh my gee! It is the absolute best CHICKEN N WAFFLESSpecial Features:
- Big Fans!JamJamieJamJamieDined on 7/25/2014We always come to crave! I brought my friends here from Canton and they loved it. We always recommend it to our friends, and it is always a good time!Special Features:
- FoodieMilerecordholderDined on 7/25/2014Great food, perfect for business lunch. Can't wait to try dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for work lunches with clientsDiningCriticDined on 7/23/2014We've attended many lunches at Crave and invited out of town work partners. Easy to find, close to many businesses in downtown Akron and valet parking is a plus-adds a special touch! Seating is conducive to lunch/meetings! Food is delicious, unique and there's something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerHungryInSolonDined on 7/19/2014We attended Crave for a birthday dinner. The steak skewers appetizer was excellent and so was the Apple Pie Tini. We had no complaints. Our reservation was at 5 p.m. on a Saturday, but clearly not needed; the restaurant still had available seating when we left shortly before 7. It may be a little over-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Business LunchAmyC51Dined on 7/15/2014Crave has a great meal selection. I have taken many business contacts to Crave for great lunch. Ambiance is great and servers keep things moving at lunchtime without rushing you through a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HipOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Crave is definitely a great place to go to eat on a weekend evening with a special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crave is OKstenfoodieDined on 7/9/2014I've been to Crave twice. The menu is so interesting and creative. The chef seems to like creating unusual flavors. The Thai Lobster Salad was a bit too sweet -- vanilla dressing -- and didn't really taste like any other Thai food I've had. More lobster would have been nice. My companion had the BLT (with Lobster). The lobster took a back seat to the bacon. The sweet potato fries were ok -- and came with a sweet dipping dressing. They seem to go for sweet flavors here. I might go back, but not my favorite place. The hostess and server were very friendly and attentive. On another visit I had the Chicken Manchego Sandwich-- very tasty. The side salad was forgettable. Overall, disappointing given all the great things I had heard about Crave.
- Great DinnerddreshDined on 7/5/2014Impressive menu with something for everyone. Nice appetizers, salads, sandwiches and entree made it difficult to decide. Had the flank steak and goat cheese wipped sweet potatoes - very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Show stopOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014Crave is a great Akron go to spot. It is very noisy. A limited menu.Special Features:
- Great lunch spot! Excellent food.ILoveAntiqueJDTractorsDined on 7/1/2014First time experience at Crave. Would go back in a heartbeat! Had lunch with 3 beautiful women (one was my wife, 2 were work colleagues, one of whom had just gotten a new job). Nice ambience. Food and service were both great and exceeded all expectations. The BLT sandwich was teriffic (the "L" stands for both lettuce and lobster). Loved their overall menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billDined on 6/28/2014Crave was a wonderful find near the Akron Civic Theater ( a great venue for music.) It's an easy walk. The service and the food was wonderful. We plan to go back again and again to try all the unique menu choices. the drinks were ample as was the food, a nd the spice level was perfect on each dish we tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ohiovisitorDined on 6/21/2014Hadn't been to Crave in quite sometime and forgot about the extensive menu and quality of the food. We sat in the bar and the service was excellent. There was no rush between courses we were able to enjoy a relaxing Saturday evening. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BouncebackCilantroDined on 6/21/2014After a disappointing experience two months ago (appetizers at the bar), this was a good bounce back night. Drinks were good, sandwiches (burger, crusted chicken, steak wrap) very good, and both the chicken empanada and crab cake appetizers were solid. Calamari needs work - they have been changing the recipe/presentation, but haven't found it yet. They were "out" of two beer taps per the waitress - can't afford that in the craft beer era (especially saying they were out of Great Lakes for "a few weeks" - really?) Had a Bells Two Hearted bottle (solid) at a GREAT price. An Akron favorite and go to for us for MANY years, was really glad to have a good experience after a real downer the last time. Completely worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming an Akron ClassicJayMinkDined on 6/20/2014Hard to believe that it's been almost nine years since chefs DeAnna Akers and Aaron Hervey, who had been creating dishes at a blues & brews bar, opened their establishment Crave in downtown Akron. The restaurant was one of the first to make a footprint in the little section of town on the corner of High & East Market streets that is now beginning to thrive with a music club, wine bar, indie movie theatre, shops, and a couple of other restaurants found on Open Table. From apps to salads, sandwiches to full dinners, you cant' go wrong with the selections and quality of the food. The bar, located up a half flight of stairs from the main dining area, is it's own unique space with tables and booths. Support local and experience Crave.Special Features:
- Crave MenuRogerDined on 6/20/2014Very interesting menu with lots of creative options. We hit the Crave before a show at Musica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise levelfinediner212Dined on 6/19/2014We enjoyed our dinner but we were seated in the bar and there was a very noisy patron that was a little annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing, my favorite place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014We always have a fantastic experience at crave. The food is out of this world. The modern feel really sets the tone. We will continue to come vack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014food was very good. we sat in the bar area and our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finediningDined on 6/13/2014Our experience was enjoyable. Server was very knowledgeable and helped with wine selections. Menu offered wide variety of selections. Definitely a do over.Special Features:
- great lunch spot for museum-goersItsJustMeDined on 6/12/2014Crave is just a cross-walk from the Akron Arts Museum, and is perfect for a lunch break after enjoying an event or exhibition at the Museum. Not my favorite place for evening dining.Special Features:
- Crave OKTerryDined on 6/11/2014Crave's menu on first glance was exciting and eclectic. The food was pretty good although the process did not favorably reflect the portions. The portions were ok-fairly moderate actually. But the prices were a bit inflated for the quality. Do not get me wrong, it was not bad. It was good. But not more than good. The prices indicated beyond good-which it was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst restaurant experience....TheronDined on 6/7/2014WHOA! My steak was ice cold, not even lukewarm. My friends chicken was hot when delivered. I'm sure the kitchen let my steak die in the window. My steak was taken on a side plate from the table, nuked in the kitchen and brought back out to me on a side plate. The manager told me he they were "tweaking" the menu. I ended up taking one more bite and then having the waitress take it away. still charge for something I didn't eat! The smirked at me and said and "sorry"!!! The manager came to the table, pointing out the over cook steak and asked if there was anything he could do?!?! why would you ask that question and put your customers on the spot like that! As a restaurant manager, never would I recommend this place!Special Features:
- Great service, very good eatsDiners44561Dined on 6/6/2014We'll be back! Loved the service - we felt so welcomed and loved!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VarietyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014Wonderful variety of food from scallops to chicken and waffles. also a wide variety of beer and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome diningdebAkronDined on 5/30/2014excellent food and service; friendly and knowledgeable servers/manager; preparation and presentation extraordinary. quality all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eats and special treats!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The food was wonderful, and our server was great! Loved the cheeseburger soup, and the onion rings are devine. Cornflake chicken sand which was delicious!! Finishing with champagne sorbet was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem In AkronCharCVIPDined on 5/23/2014One can always be guaranteed a great meal at Crave. Whether you are in the mood for a sandwich or an entrée, the selections are plentiful and varied. Pulled pork in a root beer sauce is divine, corn flake chicken is wonderful, mac and cheese with smoked gouda and lobster is yummy. This is just a small sampling of their wonderful selection. We will return again and again.Special Features:
- Rick PrattTwigmanDined on 5/22/2014Awesome, delicious , delitful,cozy, convenient , affordableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.