Crave - Akron
57 E. Market St.
Akron, OH 44308Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crave - Akron
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatdrinkcrave.com/flash/index.htm
- Phone: 3302531234
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Aaron Hervey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Crave offers off site catering with or without staff. Drop off parties where the host simply heats and serves, or on the flip side, we can staff and serve large events of approximately 300 persons.
- Private Party Facilities: Our back room can be the perfect private dining area for you. Plush curtains and on a raised elevation separate it from the bar area. There is access to an outside patio for seasonal parties. Special menu"s can be created, or simply off our base menu. Buffet's can be arranged.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Hamad 3302531234
- Cross Street: High St.
- Public Transit: Because of our location in the heart of downtown Akron, numerous public transit stops create convenient access .
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: A full valet service is provided, there also is on street parking is available, and directly across the street is a public parking deck. The deck is free on the weekends.
A word from Crave - Akron
Crave is Akron's premier restaurant, offering creative cuisine at modest prices , in a contemporary yet non pretentious atmosphere. Comfort food, Creative eclectic dishes, and twists on old classics all work harmoniously . As with the food, the bar is stocked to accommodate a large variety of beverage options at all price ranges. Private parties can be accommodated in our back room. A variety of seating options exist, from plush, comfortable semi-private booth's, to our communal table. There also is a Chef table in the kitchen, patio seating, couch soft seating, and twenty seats at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Crave - Akron - Best Restaurants in Akron ›
Crave - Akron reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (63)special occasion (36)hot spot (35)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (22)great for lunch (20)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (11)late-night find (10)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- great eats and atmosphereLUV2DINDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful place to dine. Great trendy atmosphere. lots of delectible dishes to tempt your cravings!Special Features:
- Overpriced and terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014This was a terrible dining experience. The food was timed fine but quality was very bad for the price that we paid. We got the most expensive items on the menu and were utterly disappointed. Never will we go there again.
- First time at CraveHard2pleaseDined on 10/16/2014This was our first experience eating at Crave, but definitely won't be the last! The food was amazing and the service was great! Our server, Kim, was very helpful in answering all of our questions, and she was very pleasant. The restaurant was nicely decorated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodTakiVIPDined on 10/14/2014What I like is that they are always changing the menu around. Not the same all the time.Special Features:
- Grwat atmosphere and creative menuMikeBDined on 10/14/2014Great spot for downtown Akron reservation with an eclectic menu and drink list. love the atmosphere and never dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craved!TravelerDined on 10/10/2014Good food, quality service, one of the best meals I've had in Akron yet.Special Features:
- ESP74Dined on 10/10/2014FOOD WAS GOOD. SERVICE GREAT. BUT....MY CREDIT CARD GOT OVERBILLED! SPOKE TO MGR. SAID THEY WERE WORKING ON IT. ??Special Features:
- Great Menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Crave has a wonderfully eclectic menu and all of food I've ever had to very good. The service is timely and the wait staff is well trained and very customer service friendly. I always enjoy my visits to Crave and have recommended them to many people. I do wish the Valet cost wasn't so expensive since all they do is pull your car into a parking space. $4 valet for lunch is expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't wait to go backfoodloverDined on 10/4/2014this was our first time at Crave and everything was delicious. we started out with the goat cheese appetizer. it was perfect. I had the sea scallops and my boyfriend had the morroccan lamb. both of us loved our meals, and each other's. there were many other interesting dishes on the menu that we can't wait to try. there was a nice selection of mixed drinks and beer offerings, my favorite was the angel food cake martini. it was a bit loud and we sat very close to the couple next to us, but it was an enjoyable evening. loved the light fixtures and the wine rack at the bar. looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Good Food, Good ServiceAkronRickDined on 9/30/2014Food was excellent and fairly priced for the level of quality. Service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Great Date NightJayWalkerDined on 9/13/2014Food was unique and delicious. Had the ahi tuna and loved the flavors of the sriracha sauce with the risotto. The tuna was just perfectly seared on the outside and the peanut crust was excellent. No pressure to eat and leave, either. We were there for hours. Felt like our table was a little to close to the booth on the one side. A little noisy, but was perfect once it was later and not so crowded. The baked goat cheese appetizer was delicious, but it should have been hotter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for the foodSS2011Dined on 9/13/2014This was our first visit to Crave and most likely our last. The service was good and the drinks list was extensive but the food was mediocre. We order the Tuna Tacos for an appetizer and that was the highlight of the meal. The combination of flavors worked well together and it had just the right amount of spice. I ordered the angle hair pasta and it was completely tastless. I never salt my food but I had to several times just to give it some flavor. Since I am a vegetarian this was my only choice on the menu and it was not a good one. My financee ordered a pork dish that he said was ok, but not for the price. The interior design was beautiful I just will the menu was as good.Special Features:
- Very Good Dining ExperienceMusicDined on 9/13/2014My boyfriend and I dined at Crave for the first time on Saturday before the Symphony. When I booked the reservation I asked for a table away from other diners as we don't enjoy those long banks of tables set close together. We were treated to a table tucked into an alcove and very private. The chef sent us an appetizer to split to welcome us. Food was excellent. I loved my sea bass and BF was very happy with the rib steak. The wine list was reasonable and we enjoyed an excellent bottle of wine. Our waitress was very attentive without being bothersome and very pleasant and helpful. I had a hard time deciding between the many entrees so I look forward to returning to try the others. Would request same table - think it could be noisy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Reservations were 5:30 on a saturday. It wasnt crowded but people were steadily arriving. Food was good with nice presentation. Waiter was knowledgable,friendly and attentive. Enjoyed our meal and will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRPAAMIDined on 9/10/2014Heard good things about this restaurant. Was visiting Akron for the first time and decided to check it out. For a restaurant that is trying to be upscale, I thought their choice of tables was poor. Looked like diner tables. At least put a tablecloth on it or something. Second, and more importantly, the food was just fair. Was restaurant week and tried the empanadas which I thought were more reminiscent of hot pockets than a real empanada. The cheese totally dominated and I couldn't taste the other filing. The crab cakes were decent, nothing special. I did like the pear salad which I thought had well balanced ingredients. The hangar steak was mediocre - chewy and undercooked. Did like our server, who tried very hard to please us.Special Features:
- Hooray for Restaurant Weekpjh1444Dined on 9/8/2014That event introduced us to this restaurant which to our surprise has been in Akron 9 years. We had a great meal and a very reasonable price for the meal during Akron's Restaurant Week. We will definitely be back. We loved the unique flavors of the grilled apple salad, hangar steak, and toasted cheese tomato soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu ChangesphjrDined on 9/5/2014This was our 5th or 6th time at Crave. Every time we have been, the menu is different. The constantly changing menu is one of the things that we look forward to the most at Crave. The only disappointing thing about it is, That fantastic appetizer that you had a few months back... It probably won't be on the menu this time, but something just as good will. Great place to go to. We always look forward to Crave.Special Features:
- Amazing time and great food!proxzerkDined on 8/23/2014Stopped in Crave on Saturday for a Birthday party and was very pleased! Everything was fantastic from the Tomato Grilled Cheese soup to the Sea Bass entree. Also had a few notable beers from Rust Belt Brewing which I had not seen anywhere else locally. To round out everything we had terrific service from our server, Annie, whom was extremely knowledgeable and very attentive! Once again an amazing time at Crave.Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were in downtown Akron for a concert at the Civic Center. As we were walking from where we parked to Crave I noticed that not much was happening and a lot of empty building. When we got to Crave the place was full of people. This says to me, it's a destination spot! They sure not neighborhood people. They have a nice wine list and at a reasonable price (not much higher than retail). My wife had the fish special and I have the steak special. The food was outstanding. Our waiter was very pleasant. This is our second time and will not be our last.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014The "casual" setting didnt work for me considering the menu. Maybe some white table clothes for the tables when dinner is served. Wait staff to have alittle more engagement and excitement about the menu. Had to ask for a few lemons slices in the water 3 times before completed.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014What a great place! Crave is a real treat, a restaurant with a varied and extensive menu, great atmosphere and a hip vibe. The service was outstanding, with a very knowledgeable, personable, experienced server. The food was wonderfully presented, well-prepared, and the serving sizes seemed just right. The decor is eclectic and lovely, and there is a surprising amount of daylight that filters in during the early evening. Highly recommend Crave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food in AkrondjsfavDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful food. Meeting with management, a little loud. Everyone enjoyed their food and I was with picky eaters.Special Features:
- Great againBinaDined on 8/16/2014Dined Saturday for dinner and had wonderful meals. I have been there quite a few times, but the sea bass with puréed cauliflower was probably the best meal ever! My dining companion had the pulled pork on a pretzel bun- consistently good. Extensive drink menu and attentive service means I'll return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServicelrkmazwilkinsDined on 8/14/2014We have been to Crave a handful of times, and have always enjoyed the unique menu items, the food and the atmosphere. This time the service was so disappointing that I am fairly certain we will never choose to return. The food was good, but not good enough to risk having another extremely poor service experience. It was a lovely evening, and we were seated outside, which was delightful. However, we waited too long for a server to take our drink order, then we waited WAY too long to get our drinks. Unfortunately, this slow, inattentive service was an appropriate way to set the stage for the disappointing service throughout the rest of our meal. Too slow, very inattentive, and did I mention too slow?
- Always a great mealGrapenapeDined on 8/6/2014Love this place!!! Always delicious. Looking forward to the next time we dine with them.Special Features:
- Craveluv2eatoutDined on 8/2/2014The food was very good but a little pricey. The only things we weren't too fond of were the grilled radicchio (very bitter) and the marrow bone. Everything else was excellent. After reviewing the menu online we expected the restaurant to "look" a little more upscale. More comfortable chairs, more booths would have been nice and we were seated right next to the door so it got pretty noisy with people waiting for a table. The service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Fabulous food at moderate prices. Brought an out of town guest from Europe and she was amazed at the quality and affordability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Best mushroom soup in the world. Rest of the meal and service = excellent!! Birthday sparkler at the end was fun and unique. We will be back many more times.Special Features:
- CraveYummysVIPDined on 8/1/2014Oh my gee! I love this restaurant I been here 7 or 8 times oh my gee! It is the absolute best CHICKEN N WAFFLESSpecial Features:
- Big Fans!JamJamieJamJamieDined on 7/25/2014We always come to crave! I brought my friends here from Canton and they loved it. We always recommend it to our friends, and it is always a good time!Special Features:
- FoodieMilerecordholderDined on 7/25/2014Great food, perfect for business lunch. Can't wait to try dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for work lunches with clientsDiningCriticDined on 7/23/2014We've attended many lunches at Crave and invited out of town work partners. Easy to find, close to many businesses in downtown Akron and valet parking is a plus-adds a special touch! Seating is conducive to lunch/meetings! Food is delicious, unique and there's something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerHungryInSolonDined on 7/19/2014We attended Crave for a birthday dinner. The steak skewers appetizer was excellent and so was the Apple Pie Tini. We had no complaints. Our reservation was at 5 p.m. on a Saturday, but clearly not needed; the restaurant still had available seating when we left shortly before 7. It may be a little over-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Business LunchAmyC51Dined on 7/15/2014Crave has a great meal selection. I have taken many business contacts to Crave for great lunch. Ambiance is great and servers keep things moving at lunchtime without rushing you through a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HipOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Crave is definitely a great place to go to eat on a weekend evening with a special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crave is OKstenfoodieDined on 7/9/2014I've been to Crave twice. The menu is so interesting and creative. The chef seems to like creating unusual flavors. The Thai Lobster Salad was a bit too sweet -- vanilla dressing -- and didn't really taste like any other Thai food I've had. More lobster would have been nice. My companion had the BLT (with Lobster). The lobster took a back seat to the bacon. The sweet potato fries were ok -- and came with a sweet dipping dressing. They seem to go for sweet flavors here. I might go back, but not my favorite place. The hostess and server were very friendly and attentive. On another visit I had the Chicken Manchego Sandwich-- very tasty. The side salad was forgettable. Overall, disappointing given all the great things I had heard about Crave.
- Great DinnerddreshDined on 7/5/2014Impressive menu with something for everyone. Nice appetizers, salads, sandwiches and entree made it difficult to decide. Had the flank steak and goat cheese wipped sweet potatoes - very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Show stopOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014Crave is a great Akron go to spot. It is very noisy. A limited menu.Special Features:
- Great lunch spot! Excellent food.ILoveAntiqueJDTractorsDined on 7/1/2014First time experience at Crave. Would go back in a heartbeat! Had lunch with 3 beautiful women (one was my wife, 2 were work colleagues, one of whom had just gotten a new job). Nice ambience. Food and service were both great and exceeded all expectations. The BLT sandwich was teriffic (the "L" stands for both lettuce and lobster). Loved their overall menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billDined on 6/28/2014Crave was a wonderful find near the Akron Civic Theater ( a great venue for music.) It's an easy walk. The service and the food was wonderful. We plan to go back again and again to try all the unique menu choices. the drinks were ample as was the food, a nd the spice level was perfect on each dish we tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 280 reviews are from the Crave - Akron reviews archive.