Crapitto's Cucina Italiana
2400 Mid Lane
Houston, TX 77027Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Crapitto's Cucina Italiana
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crapittos.com/
- Phone: 7139611161
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julio Minuta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Wine Room can seat a minimum of ten, up to sixteen guests. The Red Room can seat up to 24 guests
- Private Party Contact: Justin Harbar 7139611161
- Special Events: By request
A word from Crapitto's Cucina Italiana
Tucked away on a side-street, near the Galleria, is Crapitto's. This upscale restaurant was created by Frank Crapitto and is known as a romantic and elegant place to dine. Crapitto's offers a choice of interiors for private parties, with a gorgeous upstairs room featuring slanted ceilings, which provide a cozy feel to a room that can seat up to fifty people. For smaller groups, the Wine Room, housing a considerable collection, can hold up to sixteen. At the rear of the house is an extensive patio, where guests may dine al fresco in true Italian style. In addition to its ambiance, Crapitto's has earned a reputation for great food and wine, and is a favorite among Houston’s diners that appreciate good food, wine and great service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crapitto's Cucina Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
- Highland Village TreasurebwfmmeDined on 5/23/2014Crapitto's has been the go-to place for all our family milestones, Christmas Eves, and dinners with good friends. The food is delicious and flexible, if you want to change something on the menu. Service and ambience is wonderful. We are very sad this place is closing (due to redevelopment), but we're happy for Frank Crapitto that he and Darlene will have time now to enjoy life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014So sorry to know we had our "last meal" here but will look forward to your new place soon. Best wishes and thank you for some good food and memories over the years.
- It's a shame they are closingFoodieVIPDined on 5/22/2014One of our 'go to' places for Italian food. Not sure what's going up but the builder is taking the whole area down. I hate to see them go.Special Features:
- Nice Mothers Day ExperienceTHFGOCDined on 5/11/2014I took my family (including Mom and Dad) for Lunch on Mothers day. Other than the fact that we didnt get seated for 30 mininutes despite having a reservation and the restaurant not being full, the place was great. We have dinned here in the past and the food is the same as it was a few years earlier, fantastic! The Brothers Crapitto were very attentive to our needs while we waited for a larger table to open up. Nice experience overall.Special Features:
- Ok ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/9/2014The construction of the restaurant is the best feature. It looks to be a renovated old house, so there are several rooms as well as a nice outside seating area. We ordered wine by the glass, but they were out of our first two choices. The food was ok, not great. Our evening out was fine, but I don't expect to return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/30/2014We were there for a birthday celebration with close friends. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. I will definitely try it again.Special Features:
- Great FindJacobDined on 4/18/2014The food was top notch! It is not what you would normally expect to see on the menu at an Italian restaurant, but it is great food!!!! The prices are more than most places for some of the seafood meals, but they are worth every last penny! I took my wife here for a long over due date and it was exactly what we needed. She had the Spaghetti and loved it. I had the Red Snapper, Gulf Shrimp, Crawfish, and Crab with a tomato sauce and rassoto and it was honestly one of the best dishes I have ever had. These guys are top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, Crappitos was consistentlAlwaysVIPDined on 4/11/2014As usual, Crappitos was consistently very good. The service, however was inconsistent- forgotten drinks and appetizer as well as quick response when pointed out.Special Features:
- A wonderful dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2014My first time at Crapitto's was an excellent experience. The seating was very Intimate, which was a nice touch as i had requested that in my open table reservation notes. The owner came by and introduced and welcomed us. He even noted the intimate seating which tells me that he is personally aware of the reservation requests. very nice touch. He also came by after we had made our main course selections. Food was very good and the pace of the meal was just right. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visitDFWDinerDined on 4/5/2014This was our second visit and was just as outstanding as the first. The food was great, the waiter was attentive and thoughtful, overall a wonderful dining experience. I would highly recommend Crapitto's for any occasion.Special Features:
- First time there. InvitedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2014First time there. Invited someone for a business dinner. Liked the place very much and will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014This was my first time dining there. Everything about it was outstanding. I ordered the Scallops Gratin and it was one of best dishes I have ever eaten. The Scallops were fresh and the combination with Creamed Spinach and Crab was divine. One of the owners (Louie Crapitto) made us feel at home when we arrived, like we were regulars there. This is definitely on my short list of favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great but Wine Service PoorfoodandwineloverDined on 3/20/2014I went here with my wife to celebrate her birthday. The hostess was pleasant and sat us quickly. Our waitress was extremely nice but not terribly knowledgeable about wine. I ordered a 2008 Silver Oak Cabernet from Napa ($195), which was brought out by another gentleman who opened the bottle then proceeded to immediately poor into the dusty white wine glasses already on the table. I had to keep asking that they bring a decanter for the wine and larger glasses to allow the Cabernet to breath. Food was slow in coming but very good. I had the porkchop special and highly recommend it. Atmosphere was romantic and the have good outdoor dining area and a side room for large groups. Overall- this was a good place and I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you are MissingJanIVIPDined on 3/11/2014You are missing out if you do not go to this restaurant now. When you step into this pretty house you are greeted as an old friend and seated in a lovely dining room with many windows. There are two other smaller rooms for your private party. Your waiter will take good care of your table and the food is very good with prices for everyone. Our lunch group have been going here for several years now and it is one of their favorite places for lunch. No pizza but good Italian pastas. Try the eggplant parm. In warmer weather you might try the outside patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in HoustonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/26/2014I ordered one of the pasta dishes that was made with homemade pasta and it was fabulous! It was my first time there and I plan to return often. Excellent waitstaff, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not 4 late dinersEasyBreezyDined on 2/14/2014I wasn't as pleased as I expected from the reputation and the price.Special Features:
- Great Valentine DinnerFSUNolesDined on 2/14/2014I took my wife here for Valentines and we both enjoyed our dinning experience. The wait staff was exceptional and very courteous. Our water glasses were continuously refilled during our stay and wine enjoyable. The food took a while to come out of the kitchen but was excellent. The Sea Bass was amazing and some of the best fish I have had in a long time! We will have to make this a repeat visit for us.Special Features:
- Very, very good food.BobbDined on 1/24/2014Had not been there for a long time; food was really outstanding like upscale home cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to meet withOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Excellent place to meet with old friends and get re-acquainted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner With FriendsYelsnitDined on 1/4/2014Everything was great. The food was excellent, the service was great. Louis brought us some tomatoes. It was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodJim71Dined on 12/31/2013The Midlane Houston Crapitto's is an excellent restaurant and we always enjoy dining here for special occasions and just because it is pleasant. Whether it is just my wife and I, or for seven or eight of us, the food and service never disappoints. Our last visit was New Years Eve 31-12-2013; and while a "set" menu, accommodations were made for dietary restrictions...nor were we "rushed" during our experience. It is a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic little eateryshababyDined on 12/31/2013We went for New year's eve and had a great experience. They have complimentary valet and a very friendly staff. The food was simple but good, especially the fried oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceweekenddinerDined on 12/21/2013Very good food and great atmosphere. The crab cakes are excellent. The staff makes the already enjoyable experience that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Company LuncheonLuncheonVIPDined on 12/20/2013We had our Company Christmas luncheon for 12 at Crapitto's. They seated us in their wine room which was a perfect sized room for our group and the tables were arranged perfectly so we could all see and converse with each other. We were assigned our own private waiter who was very attentive and quick to serve our every need. All the dishes came out as ordered and without delay. We first ordered several appetizers (crab cakes, brouchetta and calamari) that were wonderful. My dinner selection, grilled mahi-mahi with jumbo lump crab and seasoned green beans was also wonderful. The wine selection was good and had inexpensive to higher priced selections. It was a great experience and I will definitely be back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/16/2013Worst restaurant I've been to in a while. Terrible service, terrible food and it's pricey! Will not go back. I honestly don't know how they stay in business.
- excellentArmyflightmedicDined on 12/14/2013As an active duty military member, I am well traveled throughout various countries. I can honestly say this is some of the best Italian food I've encountered outside of Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you need to try this placepeteDined on 12/9/2013first time there...recommended by a friend. A place you just do not run into...in a neighborhood, but worth the find. Food was very good, ambience was nice (seems to be a converted old home)..but overall very enjoyable. Food was very good...was there for lunch, likely to try it for dinner at some point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightSylvesterDined on 12/7/2013I was entertaining friends from out of town. They were so impressed with the food and the restaurant. They thought it was lovely. Mr. Crapitto came to our table and was very nice and friendly. This was truly a wonderful dining experience. Our waiter was also exceptional. Very sweet and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crappittos is one of a fewCharmSeekerDined on 12/6/2013Crappittos is one of a few restaurants left in Houston where you feel like the ancient art of caring for customers is not lost. The place is old and charming (something hard to find in houston in this price range which is moderate + or -) and the waiters very attentive and what you would expect of a much more expensive restaurant, only the waiters really seem to enjoy ensuring that your evening is special in a polite and helpful way. Service was prompt. The food true to dish name and quality perfect. I had the linguini and clams and found it light, elegant, and delicious (even after a reheat of the remainder the next day...outstanding!). Ask to sit in the "inner" room as is quieter. My girlfriend and I loved it, very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent excellenceCgrayDined on 11/15/2013Been going there for years on special occasions & they always have delicious food, wonderful service & that special atmosphere that completes an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a quiet lunchptbongoDined on 11/13/2013It was perfect spot for a gathering of old friends who wanted to be able to eat well, visit and not worry about the quality of food or service. Parking nearby is tough so it's worth using the valet. A few more vegetarian options would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and very friendly staff!Vintage113Dined on 11/2/2013A friend recommended this place awhile ago and I been meaning to try it. So I made reservations for my birthday party. I must of changed the number of guests multiple times, but they were very accommodating and did not mind. The staff was extremely friendly and the atmosphere is romantic and ambient. There are lights outside, nice view. Great for a date night or outings with group of friends, they have a large table room. The food selection was great as well, very good Italian food and not too expensive either. Overall had a great time with my friends on my birthday. Would definitely come back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saturday aggiesMillm1Dined on 11/2/2013the food was terrific; service was terrific; no parking issues; greeted promptly...we have been here before and have and the same levels of quality & consistency. A nice spot in the evening...you can actually hear your guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better every timetexana99Dined on 11/1/2013Although we don't live close to this restaurant, we go there as often as we can and always for special occasions. The food is consistently excellent, the service quick and efficient, and the ambience just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian cuisineMisaelDined on 10/29/2013I really enjoyed the food they have a nice Italian style, the service is really good and you have make space for the dessert, I would recommend the Tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebratingJakkiDined on 10/22/2013We went here to celebrate my husbands birthday. Our table was ready right when we got there, we were seated in a quiet corner with a view of the whole restaurant. Our waiter promptly came over with water and upon asking, recommended two wonderful wines we enjoyed. We were never rushed to order, in fact, we were urged to slow down and just enjoy ourselves. The whole staff was great, the food was delicious and overall, this is a place I would come back to time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantBillDined on 10/15/2013I've been dining at Crapitto's for many years, even before when it was known as Romeros. I always enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service, and during the past couple of years, I think it has become even better. We do miss Rosaly though.Special Features:
- The food was very good andoutandaboutVIPDined on 10/11/2013The food was very good and our server was very knowledgeable and accomodating. We had the veal marsala and spaghetti and meatballs with sausage. The caprese salad was excellent. We sat next to the bar and it was a bit loud and rambuctious and we probably would ask not to be seated next to it the next time we dine there. Overall a great experience and we will return to enjoy another evening of good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service very ho-humHoustonFoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2013Food was great, as usual, but our waiter needed a personality transplant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group LuncheonJanIVIPDined on 9/10/2013My group meets on Tuesdays and we meet for lunch after our meetings. This is one of their favorite restaurants. Good food, service and it is not noisy. The owners are very accommodating and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.