404 El Paso Blvd
Manitou Springs, CO 80829Neighborhood:
Wild GamePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craftwood.com/
- Phone: 7196859000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open Daily: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Schee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our gorgeous mansion in the Rocky Mountain foothills has private dining space to accommodate parties of 10-100, or you may buy out the restaurant with groups of up to 150 to enjoy exclusive use of our entire mansion and beautiful grounds.
- Private Party Contact: Bobbie LaLuna 7196859000x
A word from Craftwood Inn
The Craftwood Inn, located in historic Manitou Springs, stands at the base of our remarkable Pikes Peak. The location offers breath taking views of the Peak, beautifully landscaped gardens, and intimate fireplace and patio dining. The menu consists of a wide variety of Colorado Wild Game including Elk, Antelope, Venison, Wild Boar, Ostrich, Pheasant, Steaks, Seafood, and Vegetarian dishes. Whether you are looking for a close intimate dinner, a warm friendly atmosphere or trying to decide on a location for your special occasion, give us a call - you won't be disappointed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Craftwood Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
- The service was outstandingdisappointedDined on 3/8/2014The service was outstanding as one would expect from a high end restaurant. The wild game sample platter was $48 and the ostrich was so tough it could not be cut with a steak knife. I tried one bite and declined to eat the rest. Don't go hungry because the serving sizes are small. After dinner I ordered coffee and received it cold. Very expense restaurant with very poor food.Special Features:
- Made Saturday night specialManitouFanDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I had nothing on the calendar and decided to do something just by ourselves. The Craftwood Inn made our evening, and really our whole weekend. They set an excellent table. The atmosphere is private. Tables not too close together. The fireplace is wonderful. The wine list works very well with bottles from about $25 to over $250. Our ostrich was dry, but the elk, wild boar & beef were perfect. And they leave you alone to enjoy an after-dinner cocktail. No rush to turn your table. That whole upper El Paso Boulevard section of Manitou Springs is just stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and SpecialAEOrtnerVIPDined on 2/27/2014We really enjoyed the unique menu choices and the special location. All of the food was excellent and the service was prompt but casual, which is what we like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealBdayNellaDined on 2/24/2014Better than average dinning experience. Romantic ambiance. My only criticism - chipped plates - distraction to an otherwise good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasurable experienceBarbDined on 2/24/2014Friendly, relaxed, knowledgeable staff, great food. Our waiter EJ was very pleasant to work with, he graciously answered all my husbands questions and made excellent suggestions based on our dining preferences. Our meals were great, I just love the wild game sampler, my favorite was the ostrich.Special Features:
- My husband and i always loveLoriDined on 2/22/2014My husband and i always love the craftwood inn. It's our go to spot for our anniversery and valentines day dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visit just as goodlvruvfoodVIPDined on 2/16/2014We return every year on our visit to the Manitou Springs area to the Craftwood Inn. We are never disappointed in the food nor the service. Of course the setting is the part that we look forward to. The preparations are innovative and very good quality. My steak was "melt in your mouth" variety, with a great sauce. The other option was the wild boar plate that had a flavorful sausage and tender meat on the bone. They are very knowlegable with dietary needs and do not delete the flavorful part of the preparations. We will return again next year.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience all the wayFoodieDined on 2/15/2014Friendly people, great service and very knowledgeable staff compliment the outstanding food and wind. This is our favorite "special occasion" place to go in Colorado Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingrussellDined on 2/14/2014Everything about our night at Craftwood Inn was perfect. My date was taking pictures of the food with her phone it looked so amazing an it tasted even better. The perfect dinning experience we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy diningMmmFoodDined on 2/14/2014Overall nice place with delicious wild game entrees. I would have to say though, the prices were a bit steep. I've been to other quality restaurants for dinner in the same area with food and experience just as good, for half the price. Not bad though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerkofterseDined on 2/14/2014Took my wife last year, food was great, service was great. That led me to make a reservation for this year. This year - food was good, service was OK, prices were commensurate with excellent. For sure an opportunity for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We had 'Valentine's day 4 course dinner' for $130/couple (2/14/14 @6:30 PM) APP's were small but OK...soup was very good...both entrées were disappointing: wife's fish was good, but was a very small portion...my prime was an end cut and over cooked and very dry (I had ordered it Medium-Rare)...shared dessert that was very good. I should have sent the prime back...but didn't...my fault for not giving them a chance to correct the problem.Special Features:
- Quality has slipped!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Ordered lamb and a seafood dish.. The seafood dish had two pieces of shrimp and one scallop. The lamb was served on barley with three carrots smaller than half the size of a normal adult thumb.. Seriously? If the intent is to be more hoitie toity vs a rustic western / mountain atmosphere with menue to match then they have achieved the goal of leaving the mountain rustic Charm and menue / side portions / dishes that were the norm in the past..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance & good foodChuckDined on 2/13/2014My wife and I have dined at the Craftwood Inn several times over the past few years for special occasions. It has a cozy atmosphere, with several separated sections of seating. The quality and presentation of the food was excellent, and the service was very good. If you're a hearty eater with a big appetite the serving size might not be adequate for you. My wife and I generally don't eat big servings, so it was just right for us. Dining at the Craftwood is not cheap, so you might want to check out the on-line menu before making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild GamersIJTBJJDined on 1/29/2014This was a great experience and we selected the restaurant solely for the menu options containing the wild game. Overall the food experience was top notch.... The Menu had all kinds of wild game options including a "sampler" option that covered multiple options. The food delivered on all expectations and we all had a great experience...Special Features:
- We loved it, every aspect,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/29/2014We loved it, every aspect, and will be back to visit again. Thank you for a superb dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad they closed theirMerrDined on 1/27/2014Too bad they closed their doors. I had bought two coupons and only used one. I was pretty sad because we had a reservation for April 2nd. I'm glad we at least were able to experience dining at the CHEFS Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classicDavidRDined on 1/26/2014You can't go wrong with anything at the Craftwood Inn, the food is amazing. The ambiance can't be beat either, old world casual cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craftwood is a KeeperPattypDined on 1/19/2014While staying at the Broadmoor on a Sunday night we were informed the only dining options were the Golden Bee and the Tavern. We searched for something nicer and came across the Craftwood Inn in Manitou Springs. WOW, are we ever glad we found this place. The food was excellent, the service was outstanding and the ambiance was wonderful. We were seated at a table for 2 right in front of the fireplace. The martini I ordered was made to perfection. We chose the four-course option and were really glad we did. From the salad to dessert, we could not have been more pleased. While this was a short driving distance from the Broadmoor, it would take us an hour from our home in Centennial, CO and we are already planning our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the bestLeeTeeDined on 1/17/2014We have been enjoying Craftwwod for many years. Always an exceptional evening. Not rushed. Plan to enjoy a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Good and quietluckymeDined on 1/14/2014We have been to Craftwood many times before. The biggest surprise was the change in their menu. Many items have been removed so selection was narrowed. Was still very good and quite. We were two if the four persons at 6 PM dining on a Tuesday night. We'll be going again.Special Features:
- Top Restaurant in the Area , , ,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Gourmet food with complex layers of taste incredibly prepared. Impeccable service with a wait staff that anticipates need and can offer expert advice on any aspect of the meal from ffod to wine to desert. This place will exceed your expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inn was accommodating manyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013Inn was accommodating many guests on New Year's Eve and opened the upstairs area. It does not have the ambience of the downstairs rooms. Food was very good and wait staff was attentive and friendly. Food quality seemed better than visit in October. New chef?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatLuv2eatDined on 12/29/2013I felt like we were relegated to the equivalent of steerage on a ship or the bar in a restaurant. We were seated in an area that was outside the main dining area. There was a family with 2 small children that behaved as children would. We asked to be moved but the server stated that she could not move us as they were expecting a full house that night. That was not the case as I watched the staff move one couple to another table in the main dining area as well as to seat a lone woman at a table that would accommodate 4 people. The staff made sure that she was comfortable with her dining experience. And there was still one empty table for 2 in the main dining area. Definitely will not go back.
- Fine dining goodnessfinedineNo9Dined on 12/28/2013This restaurant had rather enjoyable food with a price that was proportional to its quality. A unique food selection with a an atmosphere similar to an English manor. I would definitely recommend it for a quiet, romantic night on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure...catshadowVIPDined on 12/28/2013My wife and I had another delightful and romantic dinner at the Craftwood Inn. We were seated at the table we requested through Open Table (thank you) and enjoyed every minute of our 3+ hours of dining! While the prices are pretty high, and the portions are small, the dining experience was quite delightful! This was our 4th visit to the Craftwood Inn and we will return again when we are in the Manitou Springs area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasionFamousDaveDined on 12/26/2013The Craftwood Inn is a great choice for a quiet night out. The Arts and Crafts architecture and Tudor beams with a cozy fireplace and window seating makes for perfect ambiance. Service is first rate. The wine list is extensive. The menu selections vary from soup, salad and chicken to exotic wild game, so there is something for everyone. We've been twice now and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/19/2013Visited 12-19 for Birthday celebration (birthday 12-20) was told I could not use the coupon since my birthday wasn't for another 5 hours! No problem, not going to let that spoil the night. Ordered the Foie Gras app which was small but good then came the entrees. I had the wild boar 2 ways the boar shank was WAY overcooked hard on the outside and dry as a bone inside, It had baked apples on the side and when I bit a piece a sizable hunk of aluminum foil got intimate with my metal fillings. The wife had sea bass and scallops, the scallops were good but again the sea bass was dry and overcooked. When I brought up the aluminum foil the busboy apologized and the waitress came over and said "looks like you get your birthday meal anyway".Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmospherechasecDined on 12/18/2013We were recommended this restaurant for a nice anniversary dinner and we were not disappointed. The service was excellent despite a large party going on upstairs. (which would be my only complaint, that it was a little loud with the party happening) However, the food was excellent and the atmosphere was great. The hostess was able to accomidate our request for a seat near the fireplace, and that made for a nice, romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CraftwoodSandyNewfDined on 12/14/2013Once again, the Craftwood delivered a spectacular meal ... but the highlight for me was the ostrich satay! We sampled if on the tapas appetizer platter - and the ostrich satay was SO GOOD I ordered it separately - for more appetizers!! My main dish was the elk - wow - some of the best elk I'd ever had - including previous Craftwood meals!!Special Features:
- Excellent food and top-notchmikeDined on 12/13/2013Excellent food and top-notch service...awesome staff! Very accomodating of our special request as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?DogbonezDined on 12/8/2013The food quality was not very good. what happened?Special Features:
- best in townOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2013My wife and I have hit every fine dining restaurant I CS and craftwood is now perched on top. Price was same as Walters bistro(also excellent), with a more creative menu. Best dining experience in the springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty classic needs sprucingJenMoDined on 11/29/2013A foodie goes where the great food is. We had an excellent meal, classically prepared, executed and delicious. They are known for wild game and did not disappoint. I recommend the Craftwood wild grill that served a hearty portion of boar, elk and ostrich. My husband had the elk chops. We shared a lot. As it was our anniversary we were offered a complimentary glass of champagne. Nice touch. Though the young hostess was initially going to place us at a table next to the banquet room, she was accommodating to move us to the cozier fireplace room. The service was impeccable as you'd expect in a great restaurant. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful in selection. My disappointment came with the decor, it could use some sprucing up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Not Your ThingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013The Craftwood Inn has always been my favorite go to place for an upscale night out or romantic dinner. I chose to go on Thanksgiving because I have never been disappointed by the food or wait staff and expected the same quality even though it was a holiday. The food was a complete flop. Not only were there not alot of options, the food wasn't hot & my plate was wet. The seasoning on the prime rib was so salty my son couldn't eat it. For the amount of money everyone paid, I expected more than a cut up veggie tray and pies that look and tasted like they came out of the freezer section of the local grocery store. I won't do Thankgiving at the Craftwood Inn again nor recommened it to friends.Special Features:
- Went for the ThanksgivingDenaDined on 11/28/2013Went for the Thanksgiving dinner and the food was really good. One reason for choosing this buffet was the elk medallions and oysters on the half shell...both of which the restaurant ran out of by the time our reservation came around (2:00). This was very disappointing since I was really looking forward to the elk and oysters. Other than that, the food was great and the service was good.Special Features:
- Pleasant Homey AtmosphereLocalYokelDined on 11/28/2013Had Thanksgiving dinner. Very flavorful buffet selection. Meats especailly good. Moist tender turkey!! Fantastic gravy. Desserts not so much. A bit crowded. Felt rushed. Restaurant full of steps and landings...not good for anyone who would have trouble walking to the buffet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great placeanneDined on 11/28/2013loved the food, loved the atmosphere, the servers were great (friendly, but no overly so, efficient, knowledgeable)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fair Thanksgiving brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2013We went for Thanksgiving brunch, I felt the choices were a little slim. They could easily have bulked out the salads, or desserts and side dishes without breaking the bank. Our grandparents had a difficult time with the amount of stairs and limited parking. I also have a disability and it was difficult for me. We might try the restaurant again alone just to see if the standard fare is better but I feel there were better places in town we have gone on Thanksgiving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebrationbirdlady1Dined on 11/25/2013We had a great location near the fireplace & the dim lights & soft music made for outstanding ambience. The waiter was very attentive but not hovering. We ordered drinks but shortly after I asked to change mine which the waiter did very willingly and promptly. We ordered the 4 course dinner with mushroom soup, strawberry sorbet, 2 filets and chocolate mousse. Everything was very good and the filets tender but we felt the medium & medium rare filets were slightly overcooked. There were only a few couples dining that evening & it started out very quiet & enjoyable but within 30 minutes the ambience was totally disrupted by a trio seated next to us who were very loud and obnoxious. Although a nice restaurant, that really ruined the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.