Craftsteak - MGM Grand
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Craftsteak - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/craftsteak-steak-house.aspx
- Phone: (702) 891-7318
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Kirchhoff
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Large Party Reservations 7028917433x
A word from Craftsteak - MGM Grand
James Beard Award Winning Chef Tom Colicchio is emphatic when it comes to creating menu items that appeal to all lovers of fine food. Using only the finest ingredients from small family farms and other specialized venues, every dish bursts with flavor.Continued
While this famous steakhouse offers mainstays like Kobe beef, specialties also include veal, salmon, lobster, and farmer's market vegetables.
While this famous steakhouse offers mainstays like Kobe beef, specialties also include veal, salmon, lobster, and farmer's market vegetables.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Craftsteak - MGM Grand - Best Restaurants in MGM Grand Hotel & Casino ›
Craftsteak - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
329 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (225)fit for foodies (186)romantic (149)notable wine list (145)good for groups (104)hot spot (47)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (15)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/23/2014We have eaten at this resturant on several occasions and have loved it every time. We always tell people how great it is and they should go. But with that being said our experience this visit was very disappointing. We usually are dressed for dinner but this time we didn't and coincident or not we were sat away from other dinners and do to this we didn't see our waiter that often. By the way it was early and not that busy. When we received our food (domestic wagyu at $145 a person). The steaks were the quality of meet you would find at any grocery, and I would say cheep cuts. Not what we looked forward to based on our previous visits. It was so bad we didn't eat the steaks. We also didn't have our desserts. We made a complaint to waiter and then manager. We had eaten our shrimp app and two drinks were ordered and they charged us $112. Drinks were $10 each. I have no problem spending the money but I want, no expect what I pay for. Bad customer service.Special Features:
- RoostVIPDined on 11/23/2014No matter how little we order there is always way too much food. It's delicious - but go with a group not just as a couple. You'll be much happier. Love the mixed mushrooms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise birthday dinnerBucketlistcheckedDined on 11/21/2014It was my bday gift to my wife as this restaurant has been on her bucket list for years. It was pretty much perfect from the moment we walked in. The only thing I would change is the next time we will request a booth as the table was too large for us to really have a conversation without yelling, this disappointed me a little bit, I would have preferred to sit beside her. The only other issue was her steak, it was overdone and somewhat dry, she was able to eat about half. Other than that service was outstanding and in comparison to Gordon Ramsey Steak, Gordon takes this one just based on her steak and our seating. She wants to go back to give it another try but for the prices I'm not sure I want to throw that kinda caution to the wind haha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our expectations were high..SVMomof2Dined on 11/21/2014Since this is the Top Chef franchise Collicchio restaurant we were expecting much more. We went with our waiters suggestions. I was pleased with my surf&turf, filet&scallops, the sear crust on my medium rare filet was PERFECT but my husband wasn't impressed with his wagyu skirt steak. He should have went with his first instinct, Porterhouse or T bone, sadly disappointed with the waiter suggestion. The mixed mushrooms side was so tasty with hen of woods & other foodie mushrooms. This is a Las Vegas priced restaurant-be prepared because the menu is a la carte..everything starts to add up. Go with the red wine flight, excellent wines, reasonable price! And chocolate souffle for dessert was devine. When we go back to Vegas I'm not sure we'd dine here again since there are so many other restaurants to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted it to be bettergetinmybellyVIPDined on 11/21/2014We love Craft and hoped Craftsteak would be just as good. A bunch of things added up to it being just an ok dinner for my group of seven. First, they weren't ready to seat us at our reservation time… not highly unusual, but after 15 minutes of waiting I checked back in with the front desk and they vaguely estimated it would be at least another 5-10 minutes, or more. OK, let's just have fun and get a cocktail while we wait… but as we were ordering cocktails, two minutes later our table is ready. Alright, scrap that, let's eat! We were seated in the nondescript side room that looks nothing like the restaurant and more like a bland hotel meeting room, and we were the only diners in there. To me, it felt like we were at the kids table at Thanksgiving. What made this annoying is that I had made the reservation three months ago - frustrating. We ordered 4 appetizers - the scallops and the lobster bisque were both fantastic. The frisee salad my girlfriend ordered had a super acidic dressing and had blue cheese on it, which was not mentioned on the menu (something as strong as blue cheese should be mentioned.) And the beet salad was ok, but the beets were flavorless. Steaks were all very good (I had the American Waygu skirt steak which was great), although the way they serve it (in a hot dish which you then transfer to your plate) made for a crowded table. Not a major issue, just a bit of a strange way to serve the main courses. And the grits are fantastic. Service was overall solid, but not particularly notable. Another annoying thing is that we brought with us a very old port to drink with our dessert. They kindly transferred to a decanter but left a few ounces in the bottle. I would hope that they would pour all of it and filter it or tell me there is a bit left in bottle which has sediment and give me the option to take it. I had to track down a cork and handle it myself. Overall just OK, but not close to the level of Craft or Gordon Ramsay Steak.
- the wait staff was pompous and inattentive.randyomgVIPDined on 11/21/2014The waitstaff was pompous. The food was very pricey which was to be expected but we felt rushed into ordering and in fact had to ask for a cocktail menu. When i questioned the waiter about a whiskey sour and if they were made well, he said "well i don't know why they wouldn't be". Needless to say he was not particularly helpful. We had the tasting menu and there was a complete lack of seasoning in all the appetizers, including the beets and caesar salad. Also, the shrimp appetizer came with only 5 shrimp and there were 6 of us. Upon questioning, the waiter advised us that he presumed someone wouldn't want want and he didn't want to order two for us. The steaks were very good, but all the sides lacked seasoning again. The night prior to this we had dinner at Nobu, and it was fabulous. To say the least we were very disappointed.
- CraftsteakmiragechineeseDined on 11/20/2014The food was very good, the service was a bit slow, left waiting without food or drink several times during the 2 hour event. Steak was a bit overdone asked for medium rare received medium to a bit over. Sides were good but nothing too special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth returning toArmchairsailorDined on 11/20/2014I do not come to Las Vegas on a regular basis but when I am in town I always find time to visit Craftsteak. The food is excellent and the service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go back!REG0125VIPDined on 11/19/2014The steak was topped with whole peppercorns. I think they used a whole bottle. The steak was not edible. The squash was overdone and tasted only of maple syrup. We poured our own wine most of the time we ere there. The rolls had large clusters of salt on them. The waiter staff was just attentive at all. We went to another steakhouse the next night Delmonicos. THE BEST!!!
- Great PlaceLoemanDined on 11/17/2014The reservation was found and we were seated immediately. There was no wait for the drink orders and service. The waiter was well informed and made excellent recommendations. Food was great made even more enjoyable by a glass of 40 year old port.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sharing MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014The Sharing Menu was awesome. Hard to pick the best as everything was great. Was an almost ridiculous price, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picking a Steakhouse in Las Vegas...fishyakDined on 11/15/2014is difficult. There are lots of places that serve really good meat. I suggest that anyone trying to choose between these places look at the desserts, side dishes and extras to help them make the choice. IMO, its the fit between those side items and your personal preferences that should determine your choice of steakhouse. Our family of four adults finds that Craftsteak fits that bill for us. We had three proteins served family style so we could all share. We also had 5 side dishes because the waitress was kind enough to recommend 1/2 orders so we got some variety. My son and I found some relatively rare Japanese whiskeys available and these were exceptional. And trust me, don't miss the Monkey Bread. So remember, good meat isn't cheap and cheap meat isn't good. For good service and a solid steakhouse experience, we will return to Craftsteak.Special Features:
- Excellent steaksLizSDined on 11/15/2014Food was excellent and service was decent. My husband and I did a chef's special to get try as much food as possible. The only issues was the quantity served - there was way too much food! I was stuffed and there was still a ton of food left. It could have easily served four people. It felt a bit wasteful to have so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night worthyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Reservations made through Open Table - we were seated upon arriving We were a party of 4 that sat at a booth. Ambience was great - not too much lighting, not too little. Able to hear each other speaking at normal noise volume. Hot warm bread with butter to start. A little heavy on the sea salt sprinkled on top of the bread but just dust it off and no problems. Bread served warm and soft. Lobster bisque is a must try - creamy, well seasoned, served at the perfect temperature. Wagyu skirt steak melted in our mouths. It was also perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. Potato puree was the best mashed potato ever - smooth, buttery and with just the right amount of salt. We also ordered a side of the Frisee salad. I enjoyed the level of acidity but my friend didn't. Request for light dressing and "easy on the cheese" if preferred. Monkey bread was a heavenly dessert and the ice cream paired well with it. Service was excellent - water glass always full, table constantly cleared and new utensils set down, drinks took less than 5 minutes from ordering to receiving, waitress checked in with us every 5-10 minutes and we didn't have to ask for something more than once. It was a formal, relaxing meal. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting Menu Was Fantastic!!!!!DGFoodieDined on 11/12/2014My friend and I chose Craftsteak for our special occasion dinner while in Vegas and it did not disappoint! We chose the tasting menu and the steaks were very tender and perfectly cooked. Our meal also came with coffee and dessert, both of which were dynamite. The lobster bisque was the best I've had. This restaurant is pricey, but worth the cost. Every member of the service team treated us well, giving us a full description of each menu item they delivered to us. They also made sure to remove any items we had finished with promptly and without interrupting our conversation. The chef and our waiter made recommendations for my friend who has a food allergy, and even made sure that the brines used did not contain anything that might cause a reaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed with the steak, good servicedleungerVIPDined on 11/12/2014Disappointed with the steak, not seasoned lacking flavor, expected more from this steakhouse. The waiter seemed to push the wagu beef a bit too much at the expense of saying the USDA beef was low grade. Brussel side was over cooked almost mushy
- AmazingLisaDined on 11/11/2014This is my second time at Craftsteak and the food was amazing. Now I know how lobster should be served! I can't wait until the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special nightCarryinWisconsinDined on 11/11/2014Great food, great service. We always split the 18 oz Rib eye, and that's plenty for the 2 of us. Great sides, and be sure to get a bucket of the Yukon Gold potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks were great! Sides were ok.CJT1970Dined on 11/9/2014We had a group of 4 on a Sunday night. Wine selection was great and the bottle we selected exceeded expectations. 3 people got the lobster bisque soup and it was great. Between the group, we had 2 filets, 1 rib-eye and a porterhouse. The Filets were superior, the porterhouse was great, but the rib-eye was standard. We also shared 4 sides. The risotto was awesome, the brussel sprouts were ok, the potato au gratin were not very good and the kale (which I did not prefer to even order, but still sampled a bit) was not good (agreed by all four diners). Over all we had a good time. The service was good, but we had so many servers we really didn't feel a personal connection with the staff. Also suggest they offer some petite cuts.Special Features:
- FantasticHeyHardrunnerDined on 11/9/2014The food is the best and is complimented by the excellent service and décor. Great Place!Special Features:
- Service. OutstandingJeepzoneVIPDined on 11/9/2014This was a wonderful dining experience. The service was great. The was very tasty. Lots of great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Mediocre service!SteakLoverDined on 11/7/2014Food was excellent. I've had better service at chain restaurants such as Fleming's. Service was not on part with food quality or price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentLikesfoodDined on 11/7/2014I ordered the kobe beef ribeye and for the price they charged, was a massive disappointment. My girlfriend ordered the regular ribeye and the steak was extremely chewy and tough. The service was slow and does not meet the standards expected for a "fancy" steakhouse. Don't waste your money at this place.Special Features:
- Perfect mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014The meal was perfect. Service could not have been better. Francisco and Eric were wonderful. Asked for suggestions on wine Francisco had great suggestions. Could not have been better.Special Features:
- Did not live up to the hypeCoach23Dined on 11/7/2014Food was very good, but I have had better food and a lower price at many places back in the Buffalo areaSpecial Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Fabulous restaurant that doesn't disappoint! From the appetizers to the desserts, everything just got better and better. Our waiter, justin, was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall: disappointed.Btm2807Dined on 11/6/2014I was really looking forward to visiting a Tom Collicchio restaurant. Service was decent, ambiance was fine, but my ribeye was really tough. For a steakhouse, I was pretty stunned. My colleague also ordered a steak and had the same experience. On a positive note, the au gratin potatoes were excellent and the fresh-baked bread delicious. But if the steak was served to Tom on Top Chef, it would have been a candidate for elimination.
- ReliableWithkidsthistimeDined on 11/6/2014Consistent, reliable flavors. Good proteins and yummy side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeGr8DiningefficianadosDined on 11/6/2014We were visiting Vegas and wanted to enjoy a great steakhouse. We picked this place based on location, of all the choices this is the only one that did nosy post an entree menu, so we were taking a chance. It did not disappoint, every morsel was a taste sensation and our waiter was fabulous. Very personable and on spot. Unfortunately we were too stuffed to indulge in dessert. It is definitely a do-over. Oh, and the Sommelier was impressively knowledgable!Special Features:
- birthday dinner disappointmentLocalfoodieDined on 11/5/2014I'm a local and wanted to go somewhere new for my birthday dinner. Food was decent. Nothing stood out as outstanding. The service was not up to par with what I would expect from such a place. I would never go back and I would recommend a few other places over this one.Special Features:
- BUD2Dined on 11/5/2014Great SteakHouse. Food was fantastic and the service was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Special MealMinniesandyDined on 11/3/2014Went for a special occasion and was not disappointed. Good selection on menu which was also explained very well by our waiter. He was friendly and made excellent recommendation that we loved. Excellent service, beautiful steak and well presented food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly Consistently Delicious!SpikespeaksDined on 11/2/2014Red crab in saffron butter, need I say more? Terrific staff that have great knowledge of the menu and pay attention to the littlest detail. This is the second year in a row we've been for our anniversary and we will be back again in the Spring. I so love the dinner rolls, it's hard to not fill up on those. Heirloom tomato salad was fresh and light. Topped of the perfect filet and crab with a refreshingly tangy pomegranate lime sorbet.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014best scotch selection! great ambiance and service.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Eaten at Craftsteak multiple times, always a fantastic meal, never disappoints. Looking forward to eating there again. Service, quality of food, GM all amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craft at its BEST!mhkolmanVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have enjoyed Craft in NYC and dined at Craftsteak in Las Vegas for a special birthday. The room is elegant without being over the top. The service was truly excellent - attentive, helpful, and relaxed. Our heirloom tomatoes for starters were incredible - many different varieties - all perfectly ripe and served beautifully. My steak was wonderful - and, because I recently had shoulder surgery, the server cut it into cubes for me. The flavor was a delight and it was grilled exactly as I requested. My wife had the salmon, which she enjoyed and raved about. All in all, this was a wonderful dinner - and a wonderful evening - making us very pleased that we tried an old favorite in a new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre ExperienceDtappsDined on 11/1/2014I was actually quit disappointed in our experience. The hostesses were not friendly when we arrived. There was a bit of a line at the hostess stand and no area to sit. We were informed that our table was not ready, so we went to the bar. The bartenders were attentive and very fast to service us. We had a few drinks at the bar before the hostess returned to lead us to our table which was.... at the bar! So we literally turned around and sat the table next to the bar, in the midst the loud bar scene with all kinds of crazies that were attending the PHISH concert. It was a terrible location for having a conversation and not romantic at all. Per my reservation notes, this was a birthday dinner for my partner which was never acknowledged onsite.
- Best place for steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014The food is perfect. From the smallest bite to the biggest bite the food is perfection. The staff is always available and striving to give the diner a world class experience that will never be forgotten. The wine extensive but is not overwhelming and has a perfect bottle to enhance the meal and the evening. This a restaurant to put on your bucket list because it is always excellent. We have eaten there three times over the past couple years and the place is always spot-on. They leave nothing unattended when giving you your dining experience. Seriously, even the smallest nibble of greens is at its peak of freshness. Don't miss this restaurant because it is truly a gem. This not a boring chain restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craftsteak:awful service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014Our service was unacceptable. Waiter was dismissive and rude when I passed on his recommendation of a $500 bottle of wine. When I told the manager his response was basically "sorry ". This place is way too expensive for such unsatisfactory service. Take a pass on this place.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014one of the best meals in a restaurant. Excellent attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.