Craftsteak - MGM Grand
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Craftsteak - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/craftsteak-steak-house.aspx
- Phone: 7028917318x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Kirchhoff
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Large Party Reservations 7028917433x
A word from Craftsteak - MGM Grand
James Beard Award Winning Chef Tom Colicchio is emphatic when it comes to creating menu items that appeal to all lovers of fine food. Using only the finest ingredients from small family farms and other specialized venues, every dish bursts with flavor.Continued
While this famous steakhouse offers mainstays like Kobe beef, specialties also include veal, salmon, lobster, and farmer's market vegetables.
While this famous steakhouse offers mainstays like Kobe beef, specialties also include veal, salmon, lobster, and farmer's market vegetables.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Craftsteak - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
312 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (223)fit for foodies (178)romantic (146)notable wine list (142)good for groups (93)hot spot (55)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (13)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Fantastic Vegas DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/27/2014On our last night in Vegas we did a group dinner at Craftsteak and it was a great choice. From the rolls to the Monkey Bread for dessert everything was fantastic. I highly recommend the Waygu Skirt steak.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Craftsteak has awesome steaks! I ordered my ribeye medium and it seemed to rare for me, and the server willingly took it back for and had the chef sear it just a bit more and it was perfect! I have to rememeber and a "steakhouse" most ribeyes are much thicker than I'm used too... So I need to order them medium well. The deserts were very good! The plain mango serbet was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in Las VegasJerryVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food and service were exceptional. Kevin our server was great!. We had the Domestic Kobe tasting menu, Filet, Rib Eye, Skirt and New York all exeptional quality were prepared perfectly. Frieze salad is a must when dinning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014delicious steaks but king crab with saffron butter was amazingSpecial Features:
- Must do in Sin CityUCLAfoodgutDined on 10/24/2014We had 4 people and did Chefs Choice. Expensive but we go to dinner there instead of a show. Been going for 6 years and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/24/2014Service was great! 4 of 6 meals were perfect. 2 meals were over cooked. Asked for rare and received medium-well. They did remove from bill, and took it back to show chef?? Wine steward recommended something different than we ordered, and we tried it. None of us liked it and never finished our glasses. We chose something else and were satisfied. They DIDN'T remove the suggested wine from the bill.
- Great steak, great ambianceBullCityFoodieDined on 10/24/2014The steaks were perfect, the service great, the atmosphere was phenomenal for an anniversary celebration, quite intimately lit booths, for a couple to dine. Only thing was how large the salads, sides, and appetizers were, one could easily be shared by two, maybe three people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food at its finestRebst78Dined on 10/23/2014Again one of the best meals we have ever had in Vegas. Food was so comforting and just purely delicious...will recommend to all we meet.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014My first time in Vegas and I'm a huge Top Chef fan, so I had to try Craft. So amazing. I love food and everything we ate was delicious. The lobster bisque soup was so light and full of flavor. The mushrooms, potatoes and cauliflower were all so hot and perfectly cooked and the steak was cooked perfectly and had amazing flavor. I look forward to eating here again the next time I come to Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDerekDined on 10/20/2014Really fabulous food. Fantastic personal attention by the staff.Special Features:
- Great experienceWinocooksDined on 10/20/2014We had the Wagyu surf and turf tasting menu and it was incredible. Service by Kevin and Olga was warm and professional. This was an over the top dining experience and expensive but we would do it again once we came out of our food coma. We went back to the bar a second night just for the Wagyu tartare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingfoodieventuresDined on 10/18/2014My friends and I came here to celebrate a friend's birthday and we had an amazing time! The service was outstanding, everyone was friendly and helpful. The food was out of insanely delicious. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meal I've ever had!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Booked this reservation with high expectations and it did not disappoint! We did the chef's special that came with a variety of courses and selections served family style. I literally could rave about everything we had. The lobster bisque and beef tartar we're incredible. The steak the best I've ever had. Even though we were stuffed the dessert was so amazing we ate almost all of it. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceLovingVegasDined on 10/18/2014It started out great, but when I received my steak it was med. instead of well done. We couldn't find either waiter so stopped someone and she brought over the manager. He took the steak and brought it back about 5 mins. later still looking the same. Again he offered to take it back and I said forget it ( at this point my husband was done with his meal) so they took it off my bill. We still had not seen either of our waiters until it was time to ask if we wanted desert. If it wasn't for the manager we would not have received any help at all. Again the service was not good and the food was not of the quality one would expect for the price. I recommend going to NYNY to Gallaghers Steakhouse much better service and food!
- Great experienceAlondracebDined on 10/17/2014The only complain would the noise level, a bit too loud for the romantic idea I had for my boyfriend and I. Overall the experience was great and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephanieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Very disappointed with quality, service and cost. While we knew going in this was an expensive restaurant we thought we'd try it again (had bad experience once before) and we were celebrating a birthday which they acknowledged when we checked in. Steaks were over cooked, lobster had no flavor even the salad was a mess. Not one person acknowledged the birthday at our table even when I prompted them. Very disappointing and won't go back. $300 for 2 people is way over the top.Special Features:
- What I was hoping forLive2eatDined on 10/16/2014Did my 65th Bday diner here. Wanted something special. Found it. Good atmosphere, great friendly service, and the food was delicious. Portions were much larger than expected, so be prepared. Had a great 2 hour experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodAllizmooreDined on 10/16/2014Our dinner was amazing. We got the domestic waygu tasting menu it came with 4 apps, two cuts of meat, 4 sides and 4 desserts. My only complaint is that I wish someone told us how much food we would receive .. It was soo much that we could have split it with our two friends dining with usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- added to our big night outRobinsonMikeDined on 10/16/2014We had a great time at craftsteak. It was a terrific meal. We tried the chef selections, everything was delicious. If you are looking for an economic meal you are in the wrong place. This place is about the ambience, and quality of food and service. They exceeded all of our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingbobsobDined on 10/15/2014Had the domestic Waygu tasting. They list the tasting as three courses, but it's a little misleading. The salad course consisted of four dishes; the main course consisted of three different steaks and three sides; the dessert course had five separate dishes. The chance to taste three different steaks (flat iron, rib, and filet) perfectly prepared side by side was very special.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!WineNDineDined on 10/15/2014Craft Steak was recommended to us and touted as the best steak ever, by our son. He did not steer us wrong. Starting with the friendly service from the hostess desk to the most attentive wait staff, our dinner was perfect. I can't say enough about the food. We knew we wanted to try the Wagyu steaks and we let our waiter suggest our selections for a four course meal. It couldn't have been put together any better! We had one rib eye and one tenderloin served in hot casserole dishes and sliced to share, sides of mashed potatoes, asparagus and the best mushrooms I've ever had. But the steaks were truly the stars and I can't say enough about their perfection. Try Craft Steak, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Wants More!SteakLoverDined on 10/14/2014Food was delicious. Service was great. Only thing I'd say is we felt as if we couldn't order items except what the server suggested which was the "Chef's Choice", a more expensive option. Added to this with dinner being expensive like this, we were approached by a lady to take photos in the restaurant. She came back with an album or two with about 6-8 photos in them and said they'd cost us $195. What would be nice here is if the restaurant took 1 photo as a souvenir and gave it to the customers as dinner is costing so much anyway that 1 photo wouldn't break the bank. Even if it was $50 for the photos I'd have said ya, but nearly $200 for 6-8 photos? Felt they were just looking for as much money as possible.Special Features:
- Overpriced Mediocracy.pjgsierraDined on 10/14/2014I am a Las Vegas resident for 24 years. Service was decent, which makes a change for Las Vegas, but food was mediocre and overpriced. Goes with the typical Las Vegas Strip experience nowadays. Would not repeat.
- great servicewinedinefanDined on 10/12/2014The service was excellent. wait staff was extremely knowledgeable, helpful and steered us awy from ordering more than needed not knowing what the portion sizes were. The apps and salads were perfect, mozzerella and side of heirloom tomatoes was a perfect start. The NY was perfect although the ribeye not so. I like the flavor and marbling but thought it had a bit too much fat around it and seem to make it almost a greasy steak.Special Features:
- Service was sub-parVegasFoodieDined on 10/12/2014First let me say the food was delicious. The service was impeccable up until our food was brought out. Then no one came over to check on us again until the check came. Not sure if they we understaffed or what, but for the price of the food we purchased, they should have catered to our every need, which is how it is at certain other high end restaurants (Gordon Ramsay Steak). And they serve family style, which is fine, but I removed my Waygu steak from the pan which had the sauce/juices and before I knew what happened the busser swiped t away with all that goodness and didn't even ask. I also didn't get a chance to ask for it back because we got ignored....not cool Tom Colicchio....not cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Steak. Ever.MikePishkoVIPDined on 10/11/2014Ordered the 10 oz wagyu filet. So tender you could cut it with your fork. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyKpapDined on 10/11/2014This was our second visit to Craftsteak. Both dinners were exquisite, the portions are large enough to share. I certainly will have dinner thee again on my next visit to Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning EveningShadowDined on 10/11/2014Craft Steak provides truly elegant service in a relaxed atmosphere for a memorable evening. Our party of 4 chose the Domestic Wagyu Surf & Turf sharing everything through out the evening. The Sommelier helped narrow our wine choices down from an overwhelming 1700 possibilities to a perfect pair of bottles within our budget that accented our dinner selections. The flavors, chemistry, and portions delivered over 3 hours continued to unveil the art of master craftsman with each progressive course. Taking the time to thoughtfully review the menu and extensive wine list before arriving to dine will serve you well. Dress is casual elegant.Special Features:
- Always FabulousShellsDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I travel from Chicago to visit Craftsteak every year since 2006, and there is a very good reason. It's the best dining experience we've ever had, time and time again. The food is executed impeccably, creatively, and deliciously. Sometimes, if we can manage to stay a day or two longer in Vegas, we will go to Craftsteak again. We highly recommend the Chef Specials. There is so much food and such a variety, we always come away happily full with such a wonderful culinary experience.Special Features:
- Always Goodmnotr1VIPDined on 10/11/2014We have been here a few time and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and NoisyMagaDined on 10/10/2014Great Vegas location, right in the middle of all the restaurant and people watch at the MGM. The food was excellent, best steak I have ever, and the service was very good. Only drawback was we were seated in the bar, instead of the dining room - strange for two ladies in their 60's and 70's - and it was so noisy it did distract from our meal. But otherwise, excellent food and a good experience.Special Features:
- Great SteakGoBrownsDined on 10/10/2014This was our 3rd visit to Craftsteak and like the other visits it was outstanding. My wife & I both had the bone-in ribeye and it was cooked to perfection and was so favorable. The portion was overwhelming and we both had a doggie bag to take back to our hotel. Our sommelier assured our wine was free of any cork and sentiment and made sure the taste was proper. Our service was very good from the moment we walked in. There are many excellent steak houses in Las Vegas, some you pay more some you pay less, but for my money Craftsteak is the best in Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedDanyelleDined on 10/8/2014I am willing to pay a lot of money for good food. This food was mediocre, I would not recommend this restaurant. There are tons of steak houses in Vegas, try a different one.
- Our preselected Vegas choiceTayJayDined on 10/7/2014Before our trip my wife wife and I scoured through endless restaurants. I had had my heart set on making a reservation at one of the fine French restaurants. But considering we have been wanting to go to Craft in New York we chose Craftsteak. We went with the Chefs Beef Selection Domestic Wagyu Surf and Turf for 2. Next time I would save the money on the Surf. I felt that the seafood was good but no where near the quality of the beef. We got the strip and skirt steaks. I am now scarred because nothing else I've had comes close. Outstanding is all I can say. For apps we had the scallops and tartare. The scallops were perfectly cooked and delicious. The tartare was outrageous that's all I can say. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavExcellenttastebudsDined on 10/4/2014Craft uses the finest and freshest. Favors are blended so well. Excellent. Make sure to make reservations. Pricey but so worth it .Special Features:
- Awful SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Before ordering I told my waiter that I am allergic to nuts and fruits. He assured me that he had it written down and he will notify ALL chefs! With that in mind my boyfriend and I ordered the Domestic Wagyu chef's selection. The first two courses were not bad, everything went downhill when dessert hit the table. EVERY SINGLE DESSERT HAD NUTS AND FRUITS! They apologized and told me they will make me something else. 45 MINUTES LATER they come back saying the chef cannot help. Instead I was offered a lousy scoop of ice cream which I REFUSED. He said "You Paid for it" might as well eat something. Unacceptable, my dinner was $400, I expected better service! If I would have known I wouldn't have chosen the Chef's Selection!
- Wow'dMoniqueVIPDined on 10/2/2014I am usually skeptical about restaurants in Vegas. Food is mediocre, full of salt, tries to hard to be trendy, and the service is horrible due to the fact that most servers know they'll never see you again. Craftsteak is the exception. Kevin, our AMAZING server, was friendly, funny, was honest on his recommendations, and extremely knowledgeable about the menu. The Wagyu beef...WOW. Get the Skirt Steak. Trust me. Probably one of the best steaks I've ever had! In a land of a million restaurants, this is the one and only you need to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingBrownCoatDined on 9/29/2014I've taken numerous clients here for business dinners and I have never had a complaint. It's run well, great wine selection, and is lit beautifully. It ticks every box for a great dinner in Las Vegas. But, the food is the most outstanding part of the experience. The menu, published daily, is always great. You won't be let down.Special Features:
- Lobster bisque to die for!Foodie27Dined on 9/28/2014While on a recent trip to Vegas, a friend and I decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner one evening and Craftsteak did not disappoint. The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive, the atmosphere was classy and romantic, and the food outstanding! I'd have to say, the lobster bisque was the highlight of my meal - certainly one of the best I've ever had. I will definitely be recommending Craftsteak to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZOOLOVESFOODDined on 9/27/2014EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE PRICEY BUT WORTH IT THE LOBSTER BISQUE WAS AWESOME