Craftsteak - MGM Grand
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Craftsteak - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/craftsteak-steak-house.aspx
- Phone: (702)891-7318x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm Sunday - Thursday
Dinner: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Kirchhoff
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Large Party Reservations 7028917433x
A word from Craftsteak - MGM Grand
James Beard Award Winning Chef Tom Colicchio is emphatic when it comes to creating menu items that appeal to all lovers of fine food. Using only the finest ingredients from small family farms and other specialized venues, every dish bursts with flavor.Continued
While this famous steakhouse offers mainstays like Kobe beef, specialties also include veal, salmon, lobster, and farmer's market vegetables.
While this famous steakhouse offers mainstays like Kobe beef, specialties also include veal, salmon, lobster, and farmer's market vegetables.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Craftsteak - MGM Grand - Best Restaurants in MGM Grand Hotel & Casino ›
Craftsteak - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (225)fit for foodies (164)romantic (159)notable wine list (142)good for groups (99)hot spot (60)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (6)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- The Steak miss the spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Wanted to try this place since we wanted a good steak and the owner Tom. Service, app and desert were all great. The steak miss the spot badly. We ordered the American Wagyu. The steak was cooked correctly but lacked flavor and did not have the correct texture with Wagyu we had in the past. The steak was more of a $15 dinner dish. I left disappointed for the price we paid and we did not satisfied our steak craving.Special Features:
- Never let's me downLikestoeatDined on 9/13/2014Every year my wife and I come to Vegas to celebrate our anniversary and every year we come to Craftsteak. We always have a wonderful time. The food and waitstaff are always top notch. We will surely be back again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24 hour braised beef short rib!CharlieDined on 9/12/2014Short ribs are my all time favorite and this was the best one I have ever had. Frisee salad with pancetta awesome!Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014This restuarant was so great. From the steak to the lobster everything we got was delicious, especially the waygu tartar and yummy rolls. We also really enjoy the cocktail listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lk2etvegasDined on 9/10/2014I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD DINNING EXPERIENCE, VERY VIBRANT SPOT, FOOD VERY GOOD AND GREAT SERVICESpecial Features:
- AmazingStappSDined on 9/9/2014The best dinner I have ever had. If you visit Vegas you must eat at CraftSteak. We ate here our first night and had to come back before leaving again! From appetizers to entrees to the desserts their menu you is flawless and will be the best dinner you've ever had as well. Ask for Marvin and you additionally will have second to none serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trade show dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014taking clients is not recommended, very difficult to hear, service good, food OK, definitely not worth the price. wine list overpriced for selection, if you wis to overpay for OK food and wine, a great place to go.
- Excellent but very expensiveAliChaDined on 9/8/2014Very loud. We had to ask to move tables to try get somewhere quieter. Due to cost was expecting quiet and relaxed not loud and having to shout to be heard. The waiter, Dave was brilliant. Excellent food recommendations and polite and friendly. The sommelier obviously felt he was better than us even though he was serving! Felt it was extremely expensive for what it was but saying that I'd recommend it. The food was fantastic and plentiful and the service except the sommelier was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/8/2014We went to Craftsteak last week while visiting Vegas, what a great time. Not only was the food excellent but the service was above and beyond. Our servers had great personalities and we could not have asked for better service. The food was not only great but a also an extremely good value. When the server put our leftovers in a bag for us he gave us some sets of plastic silverware. They thought of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelor PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Went here with a group of 9 for a bachelor party and they are very accommodating for large groups. Steaks were excellent and wine list was top notch.Special Features:
- Excellent!jamiegirlDined on 9/7/2014Best steak I've ever had. We had four people in our party and we all agreed. Definitely would recommend!Special Features:
- DisappointedLuckyDudeDined on 9/7/2014We paid $56 for a "roasted filet" that was dry and tough. Also the waiters kept trying to upsell.
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The atmosphere was elegant but relaxed. The surf and turf with scallops was perfect. The wait staff is knowledgeable and attentive. Portions are large. Consider splitting the salads and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Lani1024Dined on 9/5/2014This place was absolutely divine! Amazing food and the service can't be beat. Is a little pricely but you get your money's worth. Totally 100% recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Great food and service wonderful atmosphere. Waiters are very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh, local food, friendly serviceveggirlDined on 9/3/2014All of the side dishes were made with local vegetables and herbs so everything tasted fresh. The surf and turf with lobster and filet was the perfect size. The side dishes were huge portions - definately split 1 side between 2 people! The service was friendly (even to the two kids in our group). This is a fantastic restaurant if you are looking for something special and upscale in Vegas.veSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperiencemunchalotDined on 9/2/2014A standout in the steak restaurant scene on the strip. If you enjoy having your steak cooked properly and appreciate a laid back but attentive serving staff, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- Unbelievable.Tracykixass24Dined on 9/2/2014Order the domestic wagyu skirt steak and the potato purée....you will not be disappointed. Unreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BHANVIPDined on 8/30/2014our steaks were really good but not outstanding - our party of 6 ordered a variety of cuts and all were very good. The cook was perfect on all, some were disappointed in the seasoning. All salads and appetizers were outstanding, especially the proccutio and figs. THe creamed corn and mashed potatoes that our waiter recomended for sides were ok. The mixed mushrooms got mixed revuews from our table - some loved all of them, some thought they were wierd. The lobster in the surf and turf was outstanding. The Somellier was helpful with the wine list.Special Features:
- GruntyAnnaDined on 8/30/2014Probably the best filet mignon we've ever had...just amazing. Perfectly cooked (med-rare) on the inside and charred on the outside, lean, lightly seasoned, and amazingly flavorful. The grilled asparagus and diver scallops were also great, but nothing to write home about. The buffalo mozzarella had a very tasty topping (not sure what it was. Possibly finely chopped sotto aceto bell peppers) and hazelnut pieces, but the overall flavor of the dish was not amazing (at least for a foodie). Not sure what was missing. The ambiance was nice, and the wait staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. There was a very drunk woman who had lost it at the table next to us, and they handled it very well (which included an apology to surrounding tables).Special Features:
- PatriciaDined on 8/24/2014Very good food, and love our experience.. very good serviceSpecial Features:
- AmazingSoteloclanDined on 8/22/2014The meal was exceptional. Front start to finish the food was fantastic. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal of My LifeHOMESWEETALABAMADined on 8/22/2014After eating my way around the the US I can honestly say crafsteak exceeded my already high expectations for Tom C. Service was outstanding, timing impeccable, all food was served piping hot and seasoned perfectly. Steak temperatures were correct and drinks were delicious. My one ridiculous negative thought was I couldn't help but think the battery operated candles on the table were a little too 'dollar general' for such an outstanding restaurant. Well worth every dollar spent.Special Features:
- Awesome placeNy043Dined on 8/22/2014The service was outstanding. The food was fresh and incredibly delicious. We will definitely be back next time we are in Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 8/20/2014Love love love!!! Can't get enough of this place! The salads are the best, and a great variety, fresh, tasty! Of course the meat is best quality, mushrooms are excellent... Anyway.. Waiters the best!! Everything great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the priceJhomey78Dined on 8/18/2014My cousin and I wanted to splurge hoping that the food will be worth the price. Instead of individually choosing what we want, we decided to go for the wagyu special three course meal. The steak was phenomenal and worth every penny. The only complaints I have are the mushrooms. I like to eat them individually and not in a clump of one stalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealJackVIPDined on 8/18/2014The food was excellent. The restaurant was busy so the service was a little slow. We come here often and we will come again.Special Features:
- Marc the SharcGudGideDined on 8/17/2014Didn't knock my socks off but good. I had the roasted Tbone. Medium rare and was perfect. The juice I'm the pan was the best part. Great cut of meat. Corn side dish was excellent, potatoes au gratin pretty good, asparagus just OK. Had a Crown Royal Manhattan the was really good. Bottle of Malbec was really good as well but could have been colder ( room temp is 68) . l'd go back again and try the filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belated anniversary treatSmalltowngirlDined on 8/17/2014We absloutely loved the restaurant. It was our first visit there. I am a HUGE fan of chef Colicchio's and wanted to visit one of restaurants when we were planning a trip back to Las Vegas. The service was nothing short of superb and our head waiter was so very knowledgeable about the restaurant and it's history. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal although we felt the side dishes were a bit bland and could have used a bit more seasoning. Our steak was cooked perfectly and was absloutely delicious. I will definitely visit again and recommend the restaurant to others. The only thing they could have made it better would have been to meet chef Colicchio in person. I still hope to meet him one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itadadaniDined on 8/16/2014Staff was great, food was great, awesome environment. I would go here againSpecial Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 8/16/2014The best salads, we usually order 2 or 3 to start and one instead of cooked vegetable to accompany the steak. Cucumber salad, tomato salad and arugula are outstanding!!! The whole menu pretty much is great! Steaks are hormone free and delish! Don't pass up Dessert. Go! Go! Run!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Although I've had great meals in the past, this last visit was disappointing. The steak was okay, but not as fantastic as I remembered it. Wine and sides were all good, but I come to Craftsteak for the steak (obviously), and I thought it was "okay." For what I paid, "okay" isn't going to cut it. I may come back next year but, if the result is the same, I'm going to have to reconsider my Craftsteak in Vegas tradition.Special Features:
- Dinner to rememberjiggajiggsDined on 8/15/2014Hands down, my dinner experience at Craftsteak was the best that I have ever experienced in my lifetime. The wagyu steak was so tender that my knife sliced through it like it was butter.Special Features:
- Snobby SteakDmoonDined on 8/15/2014Steak was normal grocery store quality (USDA Choice). Nothing special. Lacked seasoning very bland (salt, pepper.) Tables for two include one chair and a bench seat. Not romantic. Wait staff is pushy. Overall the experience is blah and forgettable if not disappointing. You leave wanting your wasted time back.Special Features:
- Hats off to Chef Colicchiogodfather15Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I ordered the Chef's pre-fixe menu with the Waygu beef, and as if that wasn't enough, we had the pleasure of enjoying quite possibly the best flavors of every course either of us have ever tasted. This is the best menu we have ever had the pleasure of trying. Absolutely amazing!Special Features:
- BH VegasBHVegasDined on 8/14/2014The service was excellent. The bartender Alexis was wonderful she made us feel so comfortable we almost ate at the bar because we didn't want to leave. She recommended a great wine, and our waiter was so efficient and friendly that the entire experience left us wanting to go back again the next night. The food was perfect.Special Features:
- Such a great experienceVisitingClevelandVIPDined on 8/13/2014I expected great food and that expectation was certainly met. While the did was great, the service is worth mentioning. Exceptional. Servers were attentive and helpful without any air of pretension.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very goodAddasVIPDined on 8/12/2014I came here about a year ago with my buddy, and we both agreed it that we ate the best steak of our lives, and ultimately one of the best meals through the meat tasting. This time we went with a range of recommendations from the waitress, all which were incredible...the lobster bisque, short rib, and wagyu skirt steak. Even the corn side dish (special) was outstanding. However, we also had a $100 NY strip, and I have to admit that I've had better strip steaks from shop rite. It didn't bring the whole mean down, but it was very disappointing.Special Features:
- great food and wonderful servicefoodies4funDined on 8/12/2014One of the best dining experiences my wife and I have ever had. The waiter Peter was very patient w u r h our quirky food allergies and dislikes. Would ho back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!ImABelieverDined on 8/11/2014I was a bit skeptical of the whole celebrity chef restaurant experience, as I have eaten in some fine steakhouses all across the US. However, after visiting CraftSteak in Las Vegas, I begin to see why these chef's become celebrities. Our experience from walking up to the hostess stand and being seating within 2 mins of our reservations being verified, to the prompt attention of our head waiter and the introduction of the other two waiters helping him out at our table, the explanation of the menu and wine list all the way to the end of the meal was just fantastic. This is how dining was meant to be. There is no rush on the dining experience, our 2 hour meal was exactly the way it should be in a restaurant of this quality. Thank you!Special Features: