New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craftbarnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124614300x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 10:30am-4pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio; Chef de Cuisine, Lauren Hirschberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Craftbar can accommodate buyouts for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The maximum capacity for a seated event is 110 guests and for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres it's 200 guests.
A word from Craftbar
Chef Luke Wallace prepares seasonal inspired dishes at Tom Colicchio’s casual Flatiron restaurant. The menu features a wide variety of small & large plates from Snacks, House-Made Charcuterie, Salumi, Artisanal Cheeses, Salads as well as Handmade Pastas, all expertly prepared and beautifully presented. The rustic and comfortable dining room lends itself to a quick lunch where guests can try our Croque Monsieur, a full dinner of Choucroute Garnie and Ricotta Ravioli, or a snack of Pecorino Arancini and East Coast Oysters. We are also serving a soul-satisfying brunch with dishes like Pork Scrapple & Eggs and our Applewood Smoked Salmon prepared in-house. Be sure to save room for Pastry Chef, Abby Swain’s creations including her take on the S’mores Tart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Craftbar reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (143)good for groups (79)great for lunch (79)neighborhood gem (70)special occasion (52)great for brunch (33)notable wine list (31)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (26)romantic (18)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Terrific eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014My girlfriend and I were just engaged and had our first dinner since the engagement at Craftbar. The pecorino fonduta, the arugula salad, fried chicken and spaghetti and meatballs were all prepared well and had great flavor. The service was excellent and each person there helped make the evening very special. Hats off to Craftbar for helping personalize the evening and make it memorable for both of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014As a Top Chef fan, we were really looking forward to our dinner at Craftbar, unfortunately-it was surprisingly inedible, & the service was pushy even though it was not busy. I said we we're going to enjoy our cocktail, then order & our waiter hovered by us in a way that felt uncomfortable. So we ordered. The broccoli rabe in the orecchiette (which was recommended) was overwhelmingly bitter, while the Squash Agnolotti was so sweet it should have been dessert...I took mine back, my husband didn't bother, but didn't eat much. Squash is a prominent item on the menu, so I tried the soup which tasted like baby food, the waiter shrugged like U should have known better...we were grateful that our hotel had a great restaurant & was still open. :(
- Excellent, creative & seasonalleslie37Dined on 10/18/2014Great menu with numerous seasonal choices. Delicious combinations of ingredients, albeit too salty. Great service - attentive but not overbearing. I'll return and ask them to hold the salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited dinner menu optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014I was disappointed in the menu. The only meat choice on the menu was lamb and since I don't eat lamb I opted for the fried chicken. It was ok, but $28 for fried chicken? I will come here only for a glass of wine or brunch.Special Features:
- Good but loudEleanoreWDined on 10/17/2014The noise level, including the music, made having a conversation difficult, so it wasn't a great night...even though the food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!`ShichmanDined on 10/16/2014As always, another incredible meal at Craftbar. The food is outstanding, but the service is even better!Special Features:
- never disappointsfussyoldergentDined on 10/14/2014food always inventive, but not pretentious or overdone. Usually dining with one vegetarian and they always have good options. Cocktails here are a real art and thoughtfully vs. trendily done. Noise level is energetic, but the spacing of tables allows you to have a conversation. Excellent overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attentive staff with quality foodjchappellDined on 10/14/2014The staff was very attentive and friendly. We took a while to relax and enjoy a drink before ordering our main course and there was no pressure from the staff to "hurry up and order". They also were on top of our drink orders and came back to our table often enough to make sure we were okay. The food seemed to be of good quality. We ordered the oysters of the day which were delicious. The meatball dish was terrific as well. Overall this is definitely a place I would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, average serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The menu had great selections of breakfast, lunch and cross-over items to choose. Three of us had the buttermilk fried chicken and waffles which were excellent. The chili honey and sausage gravy (we specified to be on the side) were delightful. Four in our party had the double-patty burger and chips and could not stop talking about how great it tasted with bacon jam. One of us had the scrapple and eggs and said it was amazing. We also ordered sides of biscuits and gravy, bacon, and breakfast potatoes, all delicious. The portions are not overly generous, but fine for an average appetite. The service was very slow and the younger people in the group became impatient. We would return but perhaps when we are less hungry.Special Features:
- Just As ExpectedThisNYerDined on 10/9/2014Second time at Craftbar for a business lunch for which it seems just right. Great food and good service in a really nice room.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014Really nice restaurant in terms of ambiance and decor. Menu was a concise, but group was able to find options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not CraftEsq54VIPDined on 10/6/2014I have been to Craftbar twice. I have been to Craft once. Go to Craftbar for a week night dinner with a friend. Go to Craft for a special occasion. I the main difference is the service. The service at Craftbar is good if not very good but nothing special. The food is almost of the same quality. Overall for what it is I gave it 4 stars.Special Features:
- Another Colicchio SuccessStringsriderVIPDined on 10/5/2014Craft is my current favorite "high end" NY Restaurant, and is as close to perfect as a restaurant can be. Craftbar shares the Collicchio vibe -- outstanding food in a nice setting served by staff who either really like to do what they do or are turning in Tony Award Worthy performances as people who do. We stopped in for a quick quiet Sunday evening dinner after an event in the neighborhood. The tables are spaced nicely so, if it were crowded it might be noisier but not bad. We split a terrific arugula salad and ordered the veal and ricotta meatballs with angel hair and the coq au vin. Both were excellent dishes, but the meatball dish was uniquely outstanding in that the meatballs and sauce were special and the pasta was perfect.Special Features:
- Making a Birthday specialthespongeborgsDined on 9/28/2014When making the reservation through OpenTable, I wrote we were celebrating a birthday. We were very pleased when the Hosts who was seating us, saw on the reservation that there was a birthday in the group and congratulated the birthday girl. Then they handed out the menus and the birthday girl got a personalized menu wishing her a happy birthday on the banner of the menu. This made the special day even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific considerate servicejctinnycDined on 9/26/2014We had a business dinner here. The food was great. I have a ton of annoying allergies and the server was incredibly helpful and discreet. Even better the kitchen was the MOST accommodating. Everyone else LOVED their meals and the ambiance. We will.definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyondjbp52VIPDined on 9/26/2014I took my mom on a trip to NYC to celebrate her birthday. When making the OpenTable reservation at craftbar, I noted that it was her birthday. From the minute we walked in, the staff at craftbar made her feel like a million bucks. The host, GM, and our server all said happy birthday, and all asked how we were celebrating and took time to talk to us. They even printed a specialized menu for my mom that said happy birthday! Aside from all of this, the food and service were outstanding. I would go back anytime.Special Features:
- Great restaurant all aroundJMP11023Dined on 9/25/2014Had a great time celebrating my friend's 32nd birthday. Service was impeccable, food was delicious. They even printed her name in the menu which was a sweet touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a girls lunchImthes919Dined on 9/24/2014Great spot, great food, great service, overall awesome place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and good foodZigzagVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food is consistently good, service is NYC average. Very noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great anniversarylorenzo89Dined on 9/22/2014well, the food simply was spectacular - we had squid, swordfish, lamb, oysters and cheesecake, and not a single one of them was disappointing. Perfect quantities, not too much, not too little, great presentation and always a surprising taste. The service was impeccable as well, and the waiter incredibly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justonethingDined on 9/22/2014Wonderful food. Server did not rush us. And - a unique NY restaurant experience - my friend and I could actually hear each other.Special Features:
- I prefer CraftFLvisitorDined on 9/20/2014To be fair we weren't starving so just had appetizers, the fondue-like cheese, the peach tartine and a beet salad. Which were fine, but not mind blowing. The menu didn't have a lot of things that looked as appealing to me as I hoped. I'll have to try it again when I'm really hungry. Or just will stick to Craft, which is my NYC #1 restaurant.Special Features:
- What a great evening.ChuckDined on 9/20/2014We took a younger associate from work and his wife for drinks and dinner. The entire staff was attentive and considerate. A comfortable drink at the bar and quickly sat for dinner. Our wait staff suggested two excellent platters of cheese and beef which were very eclectic with an excellent white wine. Dinner quickly followed and the pork for two was delicious but more than two could handle. My guest is still talking about the rabbit. Again, an appropriate bottle of red wine was suggested. As the night progressed the room did get louder and louder but hey that's what happens when everyone is having a great time.Special Features:
- reliableTTnycDined on 9/18/2014always good, service was excellent - server really knew his wine list and was right on target with recommendations - I come here a lot, it's convenient, the food is good, crowd is energetic but manageableSpecial Features:
- Very loud place, very good food.Opentable23VIPDined on 9/17/2014Obviously popular restaurant, casual ambience, service a bit slow. Innovative food, delicious, but excessively noisy.Special Features:
- Amazing foodNYCgirlVIPDined on 9/16/2014Four of us had dinner. Each of us loved our meals. Everything was incredibly delicious. The appetizers won the night. Burrata, arugula salad and tuna appetizers were outstanding. I love arugula, but how can a salad be so incredibly delicious? I often feel punished when I order a salad as my appetizer because I'm missing out on more delicious items, but I would have been very happy to have had the arugula for my app (wish I had). The tuna sushi was way beyond just raw fish - it was so flavorful. The burrata was surprisingly paired, and wow! My salmon dinner was delicious. The waitress was friendly and efficient. Place is attractive and tables were nicely spaced. It's just a bit too loud for this caliber of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner!Jozluvsfood2Dined on 9/16/2014Service was great and the food was greater! Pastrami wagyu beef tongue was the highlight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!SaraMVIPDined on 9/12/2014I had a great time at Craft! The ambience is very nice for a casual dinner. Not too noise, good food, good winelist and good service. It's the right place to pass a casual evening with friends, being able to speak with them enjoying fresh and tasty food.Special Features:
- Best of the Colicchio restaurantsGlossGalDined on 9/12/2014craftbar is hands down the spot near Union Square I hit when I want a really good, well made meal served by very smart, kind, creative people. It's a great spot both for occasions and meals where you need to talk with the people at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sadSCF1Dined on 9/11/2014Had had several terrific dinners over the years and took my wife and daughter last week for their first time. So disappointed in the food on this visit that each of us selected and will not return.
- AlmostDavid1500Dined on 9/10/2014The location and the staff are wonderful. The food was just ok, maybe it wasn't terrific because I was having the prix fixe. The noise level was completely unacceptable - it was at an industrial level. I certainly would't go out of my way to dine here. And as for recommending it to friends I say if it is convenient for the moment fine but if you not this is New York there are hundreds of other choices.
- Always satisfyingJerryDined on 9/10/2014I think my title says it all. I love this restaurant. I love the food. I love the service. Whenever I bring guests, they are surprised to find this gem.Special Features:
- Special but RelaxedmeowDined on 9/10/2014Took my mom here for a birthday lunch. It's the sort of restaurant that strikes the perfect balance - you could take 10 clients there for a special dinner or drop in for a relaxed meal - it's a great place for either. The food is exquisite but not fussy. Fresh flavors, seasonal, and everything is prepared so well. It's a nice open, airy space but with cozy booths. I really loved it and will be going back.Special Features:
- Seamless ExperiencefoodforfunDined on 9/9/2014Craftbar's food is not only delicious but the experience us flawless, went with a group and the servers were attentive but not disruptive, the food came out quickly and everything was otherwise seamless. It's sort of like not being in a restaurant at all, just a very nice and welcoming home.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!melissaeDined on 9/7/2014Met a dear friend for Brunch and Craftbar was great! Nice selection of choices in both food and beverage. Our server was very attentive as was the bus boy. We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOP NOTCH SPOTvicsevenVIPDined on 9/7/2014CRAFT BAR IS MY HUSBANDS ALL TIME FAVORITE RESTAURANT, THE FOOD AND AMAZING SERVICE BRING US BACK HERE TIME AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN.. WE EAT OUT ALL THE TIME AND I FORCE HIM TO TRY NEW PLACES AND WE ALWASY COME BACK TO CRAFTBAR. WE NOT ONLY LOVE THIS PLACE WE HAVE INVITED TONS OF FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO JOIN US. WE HOPE TO CONTINUE TO EAT HERE FOR YEARS TO COME. AN OVERALL GREAT PLACE....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nightMoogyDined on 9/3/2014Alway a great place for either business or pleasure with a group. Excellent food + service.Special Features:
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Everything was very well seasoned and cooked. Very happy overall!
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/27/2014About a year ago, my wife and I dined at Craftbar, and we thought the food was mediocre and the service insulting. When we said so in our opentable review, a manager telephoned and urged us to return so that she might change our minds. We resisted but returned recently unannounced. This time the service was fine if unexceptional, and I thought my dinner was very good, though my wife was unimpressed with hers. The restaurant was crowded and very noisy, suggesting that other diners are more impressed with Craftbar than we were. We may return, but we're unlikely ever to be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkTessaDined on 8/22/2014No disasters but food didn't wow. Staff was friendly and attentive.