New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craftbarnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 461-4300
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 10:30am-4pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio; Chef de Cuisine, Lauren Hirschberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Craftbar can accommodate buyouts for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The maximum capacity for a seated event is 110 guests and for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres it's 200 guests.
A word from Craftbar
Chef Luke Wallace prepares seasonal inspired dishes at Tom Colicchio’s casual Flatiron restaurant. The menu features a wide variety of small & large plates from Snacks, House-Made Charcuterie, Salumi, Artisanal Cheeses, Salads as well as Handmade Pastas, all expertly prepared and beautifully presented. The rustic and comfortable dining room lends itself to a quick lunch where guests can try our Croque Monsieur, a full dinner of Choucroute Garnie and Ricotta Ravioli, or a snack of Pecorino Arancini and East Coast Oysters. We are also serving a soul-satisfying brunch with dishes like Pork Scrapple & Eggs and our Applewood Smoked Salmon prepared in-house. Be sure to save room for Pastry Chef, Abby Swain’s creations including her take on the S’mores Tart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Craftbar reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (151)good for groups (88)great for lunch (77)neighborhood gem (72)special occasion (53)hot spot (41)great for brunch (37)vibrant bar scene (35)notable wine list (31)romantic (19)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful selection of smallOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/3/2008Wonderful selection of small plates. Went with a large group and ordered almost every one of their snack and starter selections along with some entrees. We cleared the table and enjoyed every dish. Surprisingly every dish was a favorite of someone in the group. Very pleasant. We're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Service was extremely slowOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2008Service was extremely slow and the waitress avoided us like the plague, for over a half hour. She finally convinced the hostess to come over and tell us that our food was delayed because there was a surprise inspection and the kitchen had to stop cooking. We found this a bit strange as other people who arrived after us had been served while we waited. I guess it was our food that was being inspected. Once it finally arrived the food was nothing special. Especially the signiture brunch item, the eggs with ribs. Menu reads much better then it tastes.
- Food was very tasty..howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2008Food was very tasty..however portions tiny. Huge plates tiny food. Long wait for server to acknowledge us...long wait in between visits to the table. Tasty but unfortunately everyone left hungry.Special Features:
- Distinctly average and notOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2008Distinctly average and not really worth the money. I won't be going back.Special Features:
- The wait staff was very memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2008The wait staff was very memorable - so was the variety of appetizersSpecial Features:
- Very good food, polite serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2008Very good food, polite service -- what more can be said??Special Features:
- Unbearably noisy. Three menOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/1/2008Unbearably noisy. Three men had to yell at each other to be heard. Really made things most unpleasant in spite of an attractive menu and good service.Special Features:
- We had a great reception andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/30/2008We had a great reception and they were very attentive about both my special requests, one, that we had a stroller with the party and that most of the people in the party eat garlic free, for which they printed out a menu with the items that we could it. That was extremelly nice and unusual. The waiter was paying attention to us all the time. The food is good and nicely presented but a bit on the salty side. The wine list was good and the experience enjoyable as a whole. Would like to go back for brunch.Special Features:
- Everything was great exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/30/2008Everything was great except for one thing: I ordered a Beet salad with goat cheese and candied walnuts. When the dish came out there was a small amount of beets, no goat cheese and one candied walnut. When I asked where the rest of the salad was they just brought the cheese and walnuts on the side instead of making a new salad for me. Besides that, everything, including the wine and dessert, was delicious.Special Features:
- Great Menu - Decor and seatinglorislifeVIPDined on 4/30/2008Great Menu - Decor and seating fair. Staff very friendlySpecial Features:
- Very pleased with food andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/28/2008Very pleased with food and atmosphere. Staff in general seemed off - disinterested. We had a waiter in training - but thought the real waiter was the one being trained...Special Features:
- We experienced both good andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2008We experienced both good and bad experiences. The bad side is the waitress of our table did not pay enough attention to our table and did not notice that one of the dishes we ordered did not come. She was busy and we could not get her. so we got another waiter to tell her about it. Apparently, after she noticed, she did not handle the situation better. It was a side dish and we almost finished our entrees. It was useless at this point for us to still expect that plate. We wanted to cancel it, but she did not even check what we want. Then, another waitress, who seemed to be a manager, came to us and apologize, cancelled our order and offered us free dessert. The way she acted was very professional and she really knows good customer service.Special Features:
- I've been to Craftbar manyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2008I've been to Craftbar many times and it's usually very good. This time, however, we must have caught them on an off-day. My meal was barely edible, and while we were working on our meal, they came by every two minutes to see if they could clear the table. It was definitely not the leisurely brunch we were looking for. But I'll give them another chance.Special Features:
- Our waitress was great innyfoodsnobDined on 4/26/2008Our waitress was great in the begginig, but after the last course we waited 20 minutes for a check and another 10 minutes to process. It was a good meal, too bad it eneded on a bad note.Special Features:
- A fairly decent meal, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/26/2008A fairly decent meal, although a bit expensive for what the restaurant really is. I don't think it would have cost much more to eat at Craft itself. Two quick points. First, the wine list needs a lot of work. Not only is the markup somewhat high, especially on the lower end of the list, I found it somewhat difficult to find something I was excited to drink. Seems to me that there were a lot of bottles from lesser producers. Second, our server was terrible. He was never around when you needed him and appeared mostly to socialize with his co-workers. I actually had to flag down a waiter he was talking to in order to get his attention when our food came before our wine (and the guy who brought the food "couldn't help").Special Features:
- As I asked, they gave us aOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2008As I asked, they gave us a nice table. We didn't feel any hospitality from our waitress, at first, we thought she didn't quite welcome only us, but actually any table, looked like she simply 'worked'. She didn't smile at all which we didn't actually want it so we didn't care, but she didn't suggest anything. I think that all most every waiter/waitress can explain about their food and do appropreately, but in my experience, just a few of them can 'Built with' a memorable dinner with customers. I think I should understand that she was still not so bad, avarage, but couldn't built a memorable dinner with us. food, fennel salad was great, fish with celery puree was not so great, sweetbread was terrific! actually that sauce was.
- Excellent atmosphere; goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/26/2008Excellent atmosphere; good food with appropriate portion sizes.
- The main dishes were all delicious.TerryDined on 4/24/2008The main dishes were all delicious. The fishes in particular were light and tasty. Salad, too, was full of flavor without being too busy. The appetizers were not as good as they sounded: the fried oysters were a bit too tangy and the chick pea fries bland. The service was quite slow, but I think they must have been shorthanded. The waiter recognized the slowness WITHOUT our having to complain about it, apologized for it, and comped us each a glass of wine. So extra points here for service, even though the meal itself was slow in coming.Special Features:
- A very positive dining experienceseppiVIPDined on 4/24/2008A very positive dining experience which has very accommodating hours as they don't close between lunch and dinner. We had a very early curtain and needed to dine early and we were most pleased; with the overall experience.Special Features:
- Very nice. Much better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 4/23/2008Very nice. Much better than one would suspect from two dollar sign rating, both more expensive and better in quality.Special Features:
- The quality of the food, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2008The quality of the food, especially the frisee salad I had, kicks up my overall rating to 4-stars but if I could, I would give the entire experience 3.5 stars. Our server was only ok; he was fairly slow in taking our order and then gave us the wrong check (which was higher than our bill by $70--I was glad we were paying attention!). My dining companion and I did enjoy our food, although both of us felt like most of our dishes were a bit salty. One thing I did love was the option to have ice cream after dinner--$3.50 was a good price point, the ice cream was delicious, and just the right amount of dessert after our meal.Special Features:
- i was really surprised; craftbarOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2008i was really surprised; craftbar came with a great recommendation from friends & the reviews /website looked really good. perhaps we just hit a bad night, but it was really difficult to find menu options that looked appealing. in the end i went for smoked duck bruschetta with egg & kumquat. combination didn't work at all - think bacon & eggs with pureed orange sauce. mains were acceptable, but unispiring. the sommelier was happy to replace the bottle of white rhone which we'd ordered, as it was clearly *totally* over-oxidised (tasted like sherry; surprising for a wine as young as 2004), but i was surprised that the sommelier said he hadn't tried any of that particular wine before, so couldn't compare it to other bottles. a pity all-roundSpecial Features:
- The food was good, but notOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/22/2008The food was good, but not outstanding. The ribs was not tender. The chocolate cake had a weird sour/bitter after taste. Our server was not really friendly either. They never checked to see if we finished our course, so a bus person would arrive with the next course, realize we were not finished and then would have to loiter around to wait until we were finished. The brown sugar cake is very good.
- I've been there 3 times andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2008I've been there 3 times and this was by far the best. It was their last chance as service had been a problem the other 2 times, but they redeemed themselves and I will certainly be back. The food is very good - in keeping with Craftsteak quality I know so well from NYC and Vegas.Special Features:
- we love, love loved craftbar!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2008we love, love loved craftbar! The service was fantastic, not too loud or busy like most of the other NYC restaurants we went to on this trip and the food definitely met our expectations.Special Features:
- The atmosphere of the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2008The atmosphere of the restaurant was comfortable. Because it was an early dinner on a Sunday night, the high ceilings and lack of other diners made the space seem almost too large. All of the food was amazing. The wine list was a little on the pricey side and not as good and I would have hoped. I was also a little disappointed with the dessert menu although impressed with the cheese on said menu.Special Features:
- the food was excellent; theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008the food was excellent; the staff friendly, helpful with food & wine selection & very attentive.Special Features:
- Very good food and menu. ButOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2008Very good food and menu. But it was too loud - a cafeteria-like atmosphere and some of the staff were considerably under-dressed and this gave the establishment a very amateurish vibe which was disapointing. But the pecorino fondue was fantastic. And the manager kept speaking to the people next to me - but she was standing right behind me as she did this and I literally couldn't speak to my wife. Basically - the staff needs a lot of help.Special Features:
- While the food was quite pleasant,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/12/2008While the food was quite pleasant, the wait staff was in what seemed to be an extraordinary hurry to rush us out, to the degree that they twice took away our plates while we were still eating. Also, we ordered a bottle of wine and the waiter opened it and left it on our table, never once refilling our glasses. At this price point I expect basic service such as having my wine glass refilled for me.
- The food is really deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2008The food is really delicious at Craftbar and at an acceptable price. Our waitress was new so she wasn't as attentive or knowledgeable about the menu but was super nice. The salty, rosemary breadsticks they set out for you, and replenish as needed, are delicious! Love the snacks and small plates as well as the pastas. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Our meal was so deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/9/2008Our meal was so delicious - every ingredient stood out, and we couldn't wait to sample each other's selections. Great dining experience and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good food, casual atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2008Good food, casual atmosphere, and a friendly staff.
- I've always really liked Craftbar.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/7/2008I've always really liked Craftbar. I like dramatic aesthetic of the restaurant. I think the value is good, especially with items like sweetbreads on the menu. I like that it can serve as a festive after work place or as a fun date place. I like that some thought is given to cocktails in addition to the wine list.Special Features:
- This was a convenient , adequate,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2008This was a convenient , adequate, and reasonably priced place to stop when shopping on a Sunday. Reservations were very professional, although we were not seated until about 10 min. after our reservation. Weakest link was a VERY slow and inattentive waiter. Best bloody mary I've had in years!Special Features:
- We had brunch, so we can'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2008We had brunch, so we can't comment on some of the above. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- the place was fun alot ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008the place was fun alot of youger tables(midtwenties and up) The food was wonderful although the portions were small everyone agreed-great desserts fun ambiance would go back but not with a huge appetite...Special Features:
- It was loud. The staff wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2008It was loud. The staff was very kind, and when one of our diners did not like her drink, they kindly replaced it with no charge.Special Features:
- We had a perfectly pleasantConstantEaterVIPDined on 4/5/2008We had a perfectly pleasant dinner there last Sunday. We found the smaller plates to be consistently better than the entrees. One dish, a seafood pasta, was extremely salty (and we love salt). The star for us was the charcuterie.Special Features:
- The french toast for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008The french toast for brunch is a MUST! -Tim BaranSpecial Features:
- I was not impressed by CraftbarOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/5/2008I was not impressed by Craftbar at all. The service was not top nothc, certainly not what you would expect from a restaurant owned by the main top chef judge. The food was tasty, but average with very small portions even for the entrees. The decor is very bad eighties. It needs work. Overall, oerpriced for what it is.