New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craftbarnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 461-4300
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 10:30am-4pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio; Chef de Cuisine, Lauren Hirschberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Craftbar can accommodate buyouts for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The maximum capacity for a seated event is 110 guests and for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres it's 200 guests.
A word from Craftbar
Chef Luke Wallace prepares seasonal inspired dishes at Tom Colicchio’s casual Flatiron restaurant. The menu features a wide variety of small & large plates from Snacks, House-Made Charcuterie, Salumi, Artisanal Cheeses, Salads as well as Handmade Pastas, all expertly prepared and beautifully presented. The rustic and comfortable dining room lends itself to a quick lunch where guests can try our Croque Monsieur, a full dinner of Choucroute Garnie and Ricotta Ravioli, or a snack of Pecorino Arancini and East Coast Oysters. We are also serving a soul-satisfying brunch with dishes like Pork Scrapple & Eggs and our Applewood Smoked Salmon prepared in-house. Be sure to save room for Pastry Chef, Abby Swain’s creations including her take on the S’mores Tart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Craftbar reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (145)good for groups (86)great for lunch (71)neighborhood gem (71)special occasion (50)hot spot (43)great for brunch (34)vibrant bar scene (32)notable wine list (31)romantic (18)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Enjoying restaurant weekBrooklynAnnaDined on 8/8/2014Another restaurant week lunch. Arigula salad and salmon. Delish. Fast and caring service. Too bad I cant afford this everyday.Special Features:
- Great Service, Good FoodCTPBWDined on 8/7/2014I had the Young Chicken. The chicken was wonderful and the grits to die for. The greens tasted burnt and the cornbread a tad toasted for my taste. Could be personal preference but I don't like when food is piled into one dish. The chicken sat on steamy grits and the cornbread was a bit soggy from sitting in same. My table mate had the beet salad which he raved about as the best part of the meal. He had the veal meatballs and pasta which he said were good. We are both foodies and expected more. Have eaten at Craft, I had expected a more casual version of the same food. Service was wonderful and friendly, without being annoying all needs were accommodated.Special Features:
- Best restaurant week menu ever seenMontyDined on 8/6/2014We went during restaurant week so I can't speak for the usual experience but everything was fantastic. There were eight or nine options for both starters and mains which was surprising. Great ambience, completely wonderful food, I would easily go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a fun group dinnerStephanielynnsfDined on 8/5/2014Big open space, large tables and good choices of plates to share. Everyone in our group enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess was unfriendlyRabbitfoodDined on 8/2/2014Food was good and tasty. Portions were pretty good. Hostess seated our family at a terrible seat though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Rest of table got shrimp grits which was good. Salmon quiche was just a bunch of salmon packed into a cast iron pan....not much quiche. I wouldn't say the food was anything to rave about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week - ThanksBrooklynAnnaDined on 8/1/2014Working in Grammercy area eating out for lunch is very expensive. Restaurant week gives us the opportunity to eat at places we wouldnt even consider. The menu is bigger than most restaurants. We had grilled cheese and veal meatballs. Both delicious and just enough to let you enjoy the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lunch SpotnycrestaurantluvrDined on 7/31/2014I had lunch here for restaurant week. The food and service were amazing! My father and I were so impressed! The place was packed so it is obviously popular.Special Features:
- Heaven during restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014The risotto balls made me want to weep. The crunch on the outside against the oozy, cheesy goodness of the inside set in a delicious marinara. Get them. And the duck hearts were a revelation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedscanmikeDined on 7/31/2014My daughter, granddaughter and I ate here for lunch. Had the RW menu. Both of us had the salmon. Yes, the size was smaller than I would have liked, but it was cooked perfectly, though some may like their salmon dryer. We don't like salmon overcooked, so it was perfect and flavorful with the lemon paste. A sizeable salad accompanied it. Fresh and light. I had the riceballs, which were very good and my daughter had the chicken liver. We both enjoyed these appetizers. For dessert we had the blueberry tart with corn icecream. Delicious. Service was a bit slow, but only if on time restraint. Servers were helpful and sweet. Atmosphere was busy and a bit loud but that was good with a one year old short on patience.Special Features:
- Delicious dilemmapatdanDined on 7/30/2014You know you're in the right place when you can't decide what to choose from a tempting menu. CraftBar always makes it tough, but I haven't been disappointed yet. Gorgeous fried chicken, super meats, fish, and sides. (I don't do dessert, but they look great) Add knowledgeable servers and friendly ambience, and you've got a great dinner every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu choiceslindakramerDined on 7/30/2014Innovative plates that tickle the pallet and just the right size.Special Features:
- Staff up for Restaurant WeekroxyVIPDined on 7/30/2014My co-worker and I went for Restaurant Week. The service was a big problem. After being seating no one approached us for nearly 10 minutes. We had to flag down the hostess who then tracked down a server. Service throughout was slow and slapdash; we didn't get our entree until we'd been there nearly an hour. Most people go during their lunch break so even with a longer lunch this is too much time for most office workers. Either don't offer the special or staff up for it, please. Food was good, not a knock out.Special Features:
- Food was good, but....steveh531Dined on 7/28/2014Four of us went here for Restaurant Week lunch. The appetizers we had were the beet salad, which looked great and I had the cucumber soup,which was OK. For entrees two had the Salmon, one the Cubano Sandwich and I had the Fried Chicken and grits. All liked their entrees, although I have tasted better grits. Three of us had the tart and one gave the table his chocolate cake to share; both desserts were great! The only problem I had was service. It was not very crowded and there was plenty of staff, but despite that, the staff was not very attentive. Nobody came by to ask if we needed anything in the course of the meal and you had to catch the eye of a server standing in another area, as we did to get bread, butter, and hot sauce; 3 times.Special Features:
- Always spectacularDiningAddictVIPDined on 7/27/2014Craftbar has always been one of my favorite spots in the city. They never fail to disappoint. Loving the new chalkboard artisty in house, by the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2521 reviews are from the Craftbar reviews archive.
- Awesome!MarshmallowpeepDined on 7/26/2014Great place to go and hang out with some friends and get some awesome food. Staff is attentive and helpful with questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstanding!grizgirlsVIPDined on 7/25/2014I don't know what was better. The food or the service. Fantastic dinner experience!Special Features:
- A great summer lunchRedCarpetFoodieDined on 7/25/2014Eating at Craftbar was a great experience. The menu was fresh and simple yet varied. Everyone chose a different course and they were all great. My favorite was the cucumber soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious LunchsydbVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went for restaurant week lunch; many good choices and interesting items to try. All delicious; Great serviceSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week LunchBilliamVIPDined on 7/24/2014CraftBar makes a great restaurant week lunch! The menu has no shortage of options, both appetizers (the risotto balls and the beet salad) were amazing. As were the entrees, (Burger and the Bolognese). The desserts were great as well! Also noteworthy was the service; fast, friendly, and efficient. It was a great meal!Special Features:
- Past it's primemrsCVIPDined on 7/24/2014Rather small portions. Fried chicken was meh. Salmon way too small but tasty. Had to request bread basket. Fonduta cheese appetizer no where near as good as in the past. Desserts -- blueberry pistachio tart great but the others? Eh at best. Ho hum for this restaurant. Perhaps Mr. Colicchio is looking at his other establishments far more.
- stapledssmokeshackDined on 7/24/2014Nice food, nice setting. Always seems like NYC restaurant food week is fine by me because the prix fix is a great deal. Mussles are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MojoMoogyDined on 7/23/2014Craftbar is generally a good place to meet up with friends & business associates.Special Features:
- Positive overallTravelerDined on 7/22/2014Happy to easily grab a same day reservation. Service was efficient but not outstanding. Small plates / starters were excellent and interesting - entrees fine; well prepared just a bit one note- ish. Love the atmosphere - very warm and comfortable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014This place never blows me away, but it is a solid choice for last minute meals without reservations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for sharing foodCyntleeDined on 7/19/2014We were party of 4 who all cook. We shared three appetizers and four mains and we all enjoyed the food tremendously. Veal meatballs was very tender. The wine by the glass list had many choices which I appreciated. Would come back again with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best brunch evervicsevenVIPDined on 7/19/2014craft bar has excellent food and excellent service, we are always greeted with a smile and recognized for being "regulars" if it were up to my husband we would never brunch anywhere else. we have brunch / lunch here at least 2xs a month. We have invited friends and family who have gone back on thier own. Tom Collichio has the right formula or great food and great service. His staff/employees partners in this restaurant exude profesionalism and do him proud. Oh and the best breakfast bourbon ever!!!!Special Features:
- great casual diningbicoastaldinerDined on 7/19/2014I was looking for a good place to eat Saturday brunch near Union Square, with a wine list that offered variety. I had been a Craft a while ago and had not forgotten the fabulous dinner I had there. Craft bar is just as good on a more casual level. We sat at the bar, each had a soft shell crab sandwich, which we both agreed was delicious with excellent potato chips on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its all good!!DTF1Dined on 7/16/2014started at the counter great bartender great appetizer. moved onto dinner with more insane wine and food !! Always a pleasure (although the space is always noisy, making it difficult to talk to your neighbor..) We will be back again and again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but watch your stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014This was a perfect little spot, good food and a friendly waitress. But. Being the last people out that night, we forgot a phone. Next morning, there was no trace of it and the usual 'there was nothing left behind' attitude from the manager....
- Great serviceNickiDined on 7/10/2014The pate was delicious as was the entree which was the pork special - the server was warm friendly and knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but Not Last NightSunshineDined on 7/8/2014I have been to Craftbar many times. And usually I really enjoy my meal. But this time, the food was not great. The egg salad anchovy bruschetta that i always get was not seasoned enough. Needed salt. And I asked the waiter if the mussels were in season and he said yes. I got the mussels and they were tiny. Not good. But the service is always really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceIlvfood2Dined on 7/8/2014The host was lovely. My party was running a bit late but he led me to my table to wait for them. Most places-they won't seat you if your party is not complete. They were accommodating again when we had another friend show up for drinks and dessert. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingShelloDined on 7/5/2014We are from California and this was on our "must go" list. We were not let down! They helped make my twins 13th birthday celebration so memorable! The food was even better than we expected and the service was Perfect!! Thank you for making our last night in NYC a memorable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Esq54VIPDined on 7/2/2014The food was outstanding. Service was a bit spotty. But management was very quick to rectify the problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flatiron favoritedineandwineVIPDined on 7/1/2014I know Craftbar has been around awhile, but this was my first time at the restaurant. The food was amazing and great portions. Not too huge yet not small meals. The service was perfect as well. Our waiter came often enough to be helpful, yet not too much to interrupt our meal. I definitely will be going back.Special Features:
- Met expectationsCARAMEL125Dined on 6/28/2014It was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday brunch. The last time I was there it was so packed I had to wait 40 minutes for a table. The food was mediocre to be honest. My soft shell crab sandwich came on a fairly disappointing and very thick bun. The ambiance was nice for a group catch up session and the service was very good (attentive but I wonder if that's because it wasn't busy). Not sure I'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average for dinner; good for snacksCrystalVIPDined on 6/26/2014Craftbar is an entertaining place for expensive bar food. Good for a quick drink and snacks. The entrees were afterthoughts. We enjoyed the beets plate, the asparagus appetizer and our first cocktails. Things went down from there. Fried chicken over promised and under delivered. It was just expensive chicken wings. No large breast or thigh pieces. Just fried chicken parts. Soft shell crab entree was boring too. Should have been an appetizer since there were two small crabs. No steak frites or other beef/lamb red meat entree available the evening we visited. Drinks were good; wine was nice. Service seemed a little rushed and the server was curt and short with us. Would only go back for a drink and snack. Not a place to dine.Special Features:
- One of my new "go to's"birdwinsVIPDined on 6/25/2014Been liking CraftBar lately and have gone several times during the past few months. I have always loved Tom Colicchkio's restaurants and this is no exception. Menu changes frequently, most everything tastes delicious, interesting creative dishes, casual atmosphere, service is relaxed but attentive enough for this type of place. Wine list is a bit pricey, but they have a lot of good interesting choices. Memorable sweetbreads, nice fatty pork loin, and squid with ink.Special Features:
- CraftbarGerby123Dined on 6/25/2014The food was (as it always is) above reproach, and the staff was helpful and attentive. Conversation was a little difficult at times given the noise but overall the experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.