New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craftbarnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124614300x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 10:30am-4pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio; Chef de Cuisine, Lauren Hirschberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Craftbar can accommodate buyouts for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The maximum capacity for a seated event is 110 guests and for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres it's 200 guests.
A word from Craftbar
Chef Luke Wallace prepares seasonal inspired dishes at Tom Colicchio’s casual Flatiron restaurant. The menu features a wide variety of small & large plates from Snacks, House-Made Charcuterie, Salumi, Artisanal Cheeses, Salads as well as Handmade Pastas, all expertly prepared and beautifully presented. The rustic and comfortable dining room lends itself to a quick lunch where guests can try our Croque Monsieur, a full dinner of Choucroute Garnie and Ricotta Ravioli, or a snack of Pecorino Arancini and East Coast Oysters. We are also serving a soul-satisfying brunch with dishes like Pork Scrapple & Eggs and our Applewood Smoked Salmon prepared in-house. Be sure to save room for Pastry Chef, Abby Swain’s creations including her take on the S’mores Tart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Craftbar reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)great for lunch (83)good for groups (68)neighborhood gem (65)special occasion (51)vibrant bar scene (35)great for brunch (33)hot spot (30)notable wine list (29)romantic (12)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/27/2014About a year ago, my wife and I dined at Craftbar, and we thought the food was mediocre and the service insulting. When we said so in our opentable review, a manager telephoned and urged us to return so that she might change our minds. We resisted but returned recently unannounced. This time the service was fine if unexceptional, and I thought my dinner was very good, though my wife was unimpressed with hers. The restaurant was crowded and very noisy, suggesting that other diners are more impressed with Craftbar than we were. We may return, but we're unlikely ever to be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkTessaDined on 8/22/2014No disasters but food didn't wow. Staff was friendly and attentive.
- DrbFoodieDined on 8/19/2014The food was way too over spiced. Every dish was a riot of flavor, and without any subtle notes. Creative menu, but overpriced for the quality of the food.
- DrLeeVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food is very good indeed. Tables is comfortably placed so the restaurant does not feel crowded. Waitstaff is attentive and earnest. Overall, a bit better than "four stars" but not quite up to "five". We always enjoy ourselves here...
- TicktockDined on 8/15/2014My girlfriend and I had an amazing lunch for restaurant week. Numerous selections, all was delicious as well as the wines. Would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really good restaurantthemillerDined on 8/13/2014This is a place that anyone who enjoys a relaxed lunch or dinner, combined with food that is on a par with almost any other restaurant, should attend. It's almost shockingly good.Special Features:
- AverageFoodieVIPDined on 8/13/2014I went to Craftbar knowing that it's a Tom Colicchio restaurant but was not at all impressed by the ambience of the restaurant when I walked in. The service was certainly fine and the food was average but it's not a place that I will return to.
- Good but nothing specialorthochickVIPDined on 8/12/2014Certainly a good place for dinner- everything was well made and tasty. Service was very good - attentive, they handled well when some of our party were delayed. Ricotta meatballs were a winner, but otherwise there is little that would draw me back here.
- you can`t miss this place!JimenuchaDined on 8/12/2014A great place, with excellent, tastefull food, and a very good service. I had a great afternoon there with muy husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent placeover60Dined on 8/12/2014I went to this restaurant for lunch with a female friend last Restaurant Week. I liked it so much that I took my husband to it for lunch this Restaurant Week. I really recommend the fried chicken with grits. The chicken was crisp on the outside and tender on the inside; the grits were rich and buttery. I highly recommend their chocolate cake. The cucumber soup was too salty, but I liked it anyway. Service was excellent. I told my husband that if we lived in this neighborhood, this would be my "go to" restaurant.Special Features:
- BanzaiVIPDined on 8/12/2014We had lunch here for restaurant week and was extremly happy with the menu. There are usually only 2 to 3 choices per course at many of the restaurants during this week, but here there were many to pick from. We loved the Kielbasa and the fried chicken. Service was execellent throughout the meal. I have been here for dinner several times, would definitely think about stopping off for lunch again.Special Features:
- Always ImpressiveFoodiskingDined on 8/11/2014Craftbar never disappoints. I have enjoyed their food, service, and ambience several times now and it is always over-the-top. Dining at Craftbar is an experience always puts a smile on my face. Do not miss Craftbar when you were in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findMichigan0406Dined on 8/10/2014Well-prepared, interesting menu items. Server was well-informed and able to answer questions to guide selections. Excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pmjedwardsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Each visit to NYC we have at least one meal at Craftbar. The restaurant, usually busy on a Saturday night, was quite quiet. Summer in NYC perhaps. We chose a bottle of Oregon pinot noir - not available. We tried a French CabFranc, also unavailable. (My pet peeve is restaurants that don't have the wine they have on their wine list.) The third bottle: a Greek red was available and was to be on the house. (Good save!) The meal, the beet salad, the kielbasa were delicious and well presented; as were the mains: duck and qual cacciatore and the lamb. The desserts rounded out a great meal followed by after dinner drinks, also comped because of our wine difficulties. We'll be back in NYC in a few weeks and will no doubt head back to Craftbar!Special Features:
- Had a great dinnerhokiescoutDined on 8/9/2014It was a great night catching up with an old friend. Enjoyed all of our courses very much. The tomato salad with burrata was killer. Enjoyed our cheese course and my soft-shell crabs very much. Roasted Tomatillo salad with the crabs was an interesting accompaniment.Special Features:
- Craftbar Hits the Mark!diniVIPDined on 8/8/2014This Flatiron locavore does everything right. The service is warm and friendly, the space is great, and the food is sublime. I wanted to provide my niece and nephew with the consummate NY culinary experience before they leave town, and Craftbar hit the mark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoying restaurant weekBrooklynAnnaDined on 8/8/2014Another restaurant week lunch. Arigula salad and salmon. Delish. Fast and caring service. Too bad I cant afford this everyday.Special Features:
- Great Service, Good FoodCTPBWDined on 8/7/2014I had the Young Chicken. The chicken was wonderful and the grits to die for. The greens tasted burnt and the cornbread a tad toasted for my taste. Could be personal preference but I don't like when food is piled into one dish. The chicken sat on steamy grits and the cornbread was a bit soggy from sitting in same. My table mate had the beet salad which he raved about as the best part of the meal. He had the veal meatballs and pasta which he said were good. We are both foodies and expected more. Have eaten at Craft, I had expected a more casual version of the same food. Service was wonderful and friendly, without being annoying all needs were accommodated.Special Features:
- Best restaurant week menu ever seenMontyDined on 8/6/2014We went during restaurant week so I can't speak for the usual experience but everything was fantastic. There were eight or nine options for both starters and mains which was surprising. Great ambience, completely wonderful food, I would easily go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a fun group dinnerStephanielynnsfDined on 8/5/2014Big open space, large tables and good choices of plates to share. Everyone in our group enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekjimwDined on 8/4/2014was impressed by the RW menu. often they're very limited, but this allowed for any app, any entree and any dessert. all were quite good.Special Features:
- Hostess was unfriendlyRabbitfoodDined on 8/2/2014Food was good and tasty. Portions were pretty good. Hostess seated our family at a terrible seat though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Rest of table got shrimp grits which was good. Salmon quiche was just a bunch of salmon packed into a cast iron pan....not much quiche. I wouldn't say the food was anything to rave about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week - ThanksBrooklynAnnaDined on 8/1/2014Working in Grammercy area eating out for lunch is very expensive. Restaurant week gives us the opportunity to eat at places we wouldnt even consider. The menu is bigger than most restaurants. We had grilled cheese and veal meatballs. Both delicious and just enough to let you enjoy the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lunch SpotnycrestaurantluvrDined on 7/31/2014I had lunch here for restaurant week. The food and service were amazing! My father and I were so impressed! The place was packed so it is obviously popular.Special Features:
- Heaven during restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014The risotto balls made me want to weep. The crunch on the outside against the oozy, cheesy goodness of the inside set in a delicious marinara. Get them. And the duck hearts were a revelation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedscanmikeDined on 7/31/2014My daughter, granddaughter and I ate here for lunch. Had the RW menu. Both of us had the salmon. Yes, the size was smaller than I would have liked, but it was cooked perfectly, though some may like their salmon dryer. We don't like salmon overcooked, so it was perfect and flavorful with the lemon paste. A sizeable salad accompanied it. Fresh and light. I had the riceballs, which were very good and my daughter had the chicken liver. We both enjoyed these appetizers. For dessert we had the blueberry tart with corn icecream. Delicious. Service was a bit slow, but only if on time restraint. Servers were helpful and sweet. Atmosphere was busy and a bit loud but that was good with a one year old short on patience.Special Features:
- Delicious dilemmapatdanDined on 7/30/2014You know you're in the right place when you can't decide what to choose from a tempting menu. CraftBar always makes it tough, but I haven't been disappointed yet. Gorgeous fried chicken, super meats, fish, and sides. (I don't do dessert, but they look great) Add knowledgeable servers and friendly ambience, and you've got a great dinner every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu choiceslindakramerDined on 7/30/2014Innovative plates that tickle the pallet and just the right size.Special Features:
- Staff up for Restaurant WeekroxyVIPDined on 7/30/2014My co-worker and I went for Restaurant Week. The service was a big problem. After being seating no one approached us for nearly 10 minutes. We had to flag down the hostess who then tracked down a server. Service throughout was slow and slapdash; we didn't get our entree until we'd been there nearly an hour. Most people go during their lunch break so even with a longer lunch this is too much time for most office workers. Either don't offer the special or staff up for it, please. Food was good, not a knock out.Special Features:
- Food was good, but....steveh531Dined on 7/28/2014Four of us went here for Restaurant Week lunch. The appetizers we had were the beet salad, which looked great and I had the cucumber soup,which was OK. For entrees two had the Salmon, one the Cubano Sandwich and I had the Fried Chicken and grits. All liked their entrees, although I have tasted better grits. Three of us had the tart and one gave the table his chocolate cake to share; both desserts were great! The only problem I had was service. It was not very crowded and there was plenty of staff, but despite that, the staff was not very attentive. Nobody came by to ask if we needed anything in the course of the meal and you had to catch the eye of a server standing in another area, as we did to get bread, butter, and hot sauce; 3 times.Special Features:
- Always spectacularDiningAddictVIPDined on 7/27/2014Craftbar has always been one of my favorite spots in the city. They never fail to disappoint. Loving the new chalkboard artisty in house, by the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!MarshmallowpeepDined on 7/26/2014Great place to go and hang out with some friends and get some awesome food. Staff is attentive and helpful with questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstanding!grizgirlsVIPDined on 7/25/2014I don't know what was better. The food or the service. Fantastic dinner experience!Special Features:
- A great summer lunchRedCarpetFoodieDined on 7/25/2014Eating at Craftbar was a great experience. The menu was fresh and simple yet varied. Everyone chose a different course and they were all great. My favorite was the cucumber soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious LunchsydbVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went for restaurant week lunch; many good choices and interesting items to try. All delicious; Great serviceSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week LunchBilliamVIPDined on 7/24/2014CraftBar makes a great restaurant week lunch! The menu has no shortage of options, both appetizers (the risotto balls and the beet salad) were amazing. As were the entrees, (Burger and the Bolognese). The desserts were great as well! Also noteworthy was the service; fast, friendly, and efficient. It was a great meal!Special Features:
- Past it's primemrsCVIPDined on 7/24/2014Rather small portions. Fried chicken was meh. Salmon way too small but tasty. Had to request bread basket. Fonduta cheese appetizer no where near as good as in the past. Desserts -- blueberry pistachio tart great but the others? Eh at best. Ho hum for this restaurant. Perhaps Mr. Colicchio is looking at his other establishments far more.
- stapledssmokeshackDined on 7/24/2014Nice food, nice setting. Always seems like NYC restaurant food week is fine by me because the prix fix is a great deal. Mussles are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MojoMoogyDined on 7/23/2014Craftbar is generally a good place to meet up with friends & business associates.Special Features: