New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craftbarnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124614300x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 10:30am-4pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio; Chef de Cuisine, Lauren Hirschberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Craftbar can accommodate buyouts for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The maximum capacity for a seated event is 110 guests and for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres it's 200 guests.
A word from Craftbar
Chef Luke Wallace prepares seasonal inspired dishes at Tom Colicchio’s casual Flatiron restaurant. The menu features a wide variety of small & large plates from Snacks, House-Made Charcuterie, Salumi, Artisanal Cheeses, Salads as well as Handmade Pastas, all expertly prepared and beautifully presented. The rustic and comfortable dining room lends itself to a quick lunch where guests can try our Croque Monsieur, a full dinner of Choucroute Garnie and Ricotta Ravioli, or a snack of Pecorino Arancini and East Coast Oysters. We are also serving a soul-satisfying brunch with dishes like Pork Scrapple & Eggs and our Applewood Smoked Salmon prepared in-house. Be sure to save room for Pastry Chef, Abby Swain’s creations including her take on the S’mores Tart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Craftbar reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (134)great for lunch (78)good for groups (72)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (46)great for brunch (32)notable wine list (31)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (28)romantic (16)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- terrific considerate serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014We had a business dinner here. The food was great. I have a ton of annoying allergies and the server was incredibly helpful and discreet. Even better the kitchen was the MOST accommodating. Everyone else LOVED their meals and the ambiance. We will.definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyondOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/26/2014I took my mom on a trip to NYC to celebrate her birthday. When making the OpenTable reservation at craftbar, I noted that it was her birthday. From the minute we walked in, the staff at craftbar made her feel like a million bucks. The host, GM, and our server all said happy birthday, and all asked how we were celebrating and took time to talk to us. They even printed a specialized menu for my mom that said happy birthday! Aside from all of this, the food and service were outstanding. I would go back anytime.Special Features:
- Great restaurant all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/25/2014Had a great time celebrating my friend's 32nd birthday. Service was impeccable, food was delicious. They even printed her name in the menu which was a sweet touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a girls lunchImthes919Dined on 9/24/2014Great spot, great food, great service, overall awesome place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and good foodZigzagVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food is consistently good, service is NYC average. Very noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great anniversarylorenzo89Dined on 9/22/2014well, the food simply was spectacular - we had squid, swordfish, lamb, oysters and cheesecake, and not a single one of them was disappointing. Perfect quantities, not too much, not too little, great presentation and always a surprising taste. The service was impeccable as well, and the waiter incredibly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justonethingDined on 9/22/2014Wonderful food. Server did not rush us. And - a unique NY restaurant experience - my friend and I could actually hear each other.Special Features:
- I prefer CraftFLvisitorDined on 9/20/2014To be fair we weren't starving so just had appetizers, the fondue-like cheese, the peach tartine and a beet salad. Which were fine, but not mind blowing. The menu didn't have a lot of things that looked as appealing to me as I hoped. I'll have to try it again when I'm really hungry. Or just will stick to Craft, which is my NYC #1 restaurant.Special Features:
- What a great evening.ChuckDined on 9/20/2014We took a younger associate from work and his wife for drinks and dinner. The entire staff was attentive and considerate. A comfortable drink at the bar and quickly sat for dinner. Our wait staff suggested two excellent platters of cheese and beef which were very eclectic with an excellent white wine. Dinner quickly followed and the pork for two was delicious but more than two could handle. My guest is still talking about the rabbit. Again, an appropriate bottle of red wine was suggested. As the night progressed the room did get louder and louder but hey that's what happens when everyone is having a great time.Special Features:
- reliableTTnycDined on 9/18/2014always good, service was excellent - server really knew his wine list and was right on target with recommendations - I come here a lot, it's convenient, the food is good, crowd is energetic but manageableSpecial Features:
- Very loud place, very good food.Opentable23VIPDined on 9/17/2014Obviously popular restaurant, casual ambience, service a bit slow. Innovative food, delicious, but excessively noisy.Special Features:
- Amazing foodNYCgirlDined on 9/16/2014Four of us had dinner. Each of us loved our meals. Everything was incredibly delicious. The appetizers won the night. Burrata, arugula salad and tuna appetizers were outstanding. I love arugula, but how can a salad be so incredibly delicious? I often feel punished when I order a salad as my appetizer because I'm missing out on more delicious items, but I would have been very happy to have had the arugula for my app (wish I had). The tuna sushi was way beyond just raw fish - it was so flavorful. The burrata was surprisingly paired, and wow! My salmon dinner was delicious. The waitress was friendly and efficient. Place is attractive and tables were nicely spaced. It's just a bit too loud for this caliber of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner!Jozluvsfood2Dined on 9/16/2014Service was great and the food was greater! Pastrami wagyu beef tongue was the highlight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!SaraMVIPDined on 9/12/2014I had a great time at Craft! The ambience is very nice for a casual dinner. Not too noise, good food, good winelist and good service. It's the right place to pass a casual evening with friends, being able to speak with them enjoying fresh and tasty food.Special Features:
- Best of the Colicchio restaurantsGlossGalDined on 9/12/2014craftbar is hands down the spot near Union Square I hit when I want a really good, well made meal served by very smart, kind, creative people. It's a great spot both for occasions and meals where you need to talk with the people at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sadSCF1Dined on 9/11/2014Had had several terrific dinners over the years and took my wife and daughter last week for their first time. So disappointed in the food on this visit that each of us selected and will not return.
- AlmostDavid1500Dined on 9/10/2014The location and the staff are wonderful. The food was just ok, maybe it wasn't terrific because I was having the prix fixe. The noise level was completely unacceptable - it was at an industrial level. I certainly would't go out of my way to dine here. And as for recommending it to friends I say if it is convenient for the moment fine but if you not this is New York there are hundreds of other choices.
- Always satisfyingJerryDined on 9/10/2014I think my title says it all. I love this restaurant. I love the food. I love the service. Whenever I bring guests, they are surprised to find this gem.Special Features:
- Special but RelaxedmeowDined on 9/10/2014Took my mom here for a birthday lunch. It's the sort of restaurant that strikes the perfect balance - you could take 10 clients there for a special dinner or drop in for a relaxed meal - it's a great place for either. The food is exquisite but not fussy. Fresh flavors, seasonal, and everything is prepared so well. It's a nice open, airy space but with cozy booths. I really loved it and will be going back.Special Features:
- Seamless ExperiencefoodforfunDined on 9/9/2014Craftbar's food is not only delicious but the experience us flawless, went with a group and the servers were attentive but not disruptive, the food came out quickly and everything was otherwise seamless. It's sort of like not being in a restaurant at all, just a very nice and welcoming home.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!melissaeDined on 9/7/2014Met a dear friend for Brunch and Craftbar was great! Nice selection of choices in both food and beverage. Our server was very attentive as was the bus boy. We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOP NOTCH SPOTvicsevenVIPDined on 9/7/2014CRAFT BAR IS MY HUSBANDS ALL TIME FAVORITE RESTAURANT, THE FOOD AND AMAZING SERVICE BRING US BACK HERE TIME AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN.. WE EAT OUT ALL THE TIME AND I FORCE HIM TO TRY NEW PLACES AND WE ALWASY COME BACK TO CRAFTBAR. WE NOT ONLY LOVE THIS PLACE WE HAVE INVITED TONS OF FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO JOIN US. WE HOPE TO CONTINUE TO EAT HERE FOR YEARS TO COME. AN OVERALL GREAT PLACE....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nightMoogyDined on 9/3/2014Alway a great place for either business or pleasure with a group. Excellent food + service.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/27/2014About a year ago, my wife and I dined at Craftbar, and we thought the food was mediocre and the service insulting. When we said so in our opentable review, a manager telephoned and urged us to return so that she might change our minds. We resisted but returned recently unannounced. This time the service was fine if unexceptional, and I thought my dinner was very good, though my wife was unimpressed with hers. The restaurant was crowded and very noisy, suggesting that other diners are more impressed with Craftbar than we were. We may return, but we're unlikely ever to be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkTessaDined on 8/22/2014No disasters but food didn't wow. Staff was friendly and attentive.
- DrbFoodieDined on 8/19/2014The food was way too over spiced. Every dish was a riot of flavor, and without any subtle notes. Creative menu, but overpriced for the quality of the food.
- DrLeeVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food is very good indeed. Tables is comfortably placed so the restaurant does not feel crowded. Waitstaff is attentive and earnest. Overall, a bit better than "four stars" but not quite up to "five". We always enjoy ourselves here...
- TicktockDined on 8/15/2014My girlfriend and I had an amazing lunch for restaurant week. Numerous selections, all was delicious as well as the wines. Would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really good restaurantthemillerDined on 8/13/2014This is a place that anyone who enjoys a relaxed lunch or dinner, combined with food that is on a par with almost any other restaurant, should attend. It's almost shockingly good.Special Features:
- AverageFoodieVIPDined on 8/13/2014I went to Craftbar knowing that it's a Tom Colicchio restaurant but was not at all impressed by the ambience of the restaurant when I walked in. The service was certainly fine and the food was average but it's not a place that I will return to.
- Good but nothing specialorthochickVIPDined on 8/12/2014Certainly a good place for dinner- everything was well made and tasty. Service was very good - attentive, they handled well when some of our party were delayed. Ricotta meatballs were a winner, but otherwise there is little that would draw me back here.
- you can`t miss this place!JimenuchaDined on 8/12/2014A great place, with excellent, tastefull food, and a very good service. I had a great afternoon there with muy husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent placeover60Dined on 8/12/2014I went to this restaurant for lunch with a female friend last Restaurant Week. I liked it so much that I took my husband to it for lunch this Restaurant Week. I really recommend the fried chicken with grits. The chicken was crisp on the outside and tender on the inside; the grits were rich and buttery. I highly recommend their chocolate cake. The cucumber soup was too salty, but I liked it anyway. Service was excellent. I told my husband that if we lived in this neighborhood, this would be my "go to" restaurant.Special Features:
- BanzaiVIPDined on 8/12/2014We had lunch here for restaurant week and was extremly happy with the menu. There are usually only 2 to 3 choices per course at many of the restaurants during this week, but here there were many to pick from. We loved the Kielbasa and the fried chicken. Service was execellent throughout the meal. I have been here for dinner several times, would definitely think about stopping off for lunch again.Special Features:
- Always ImpressiveFoodiskingDined on 8/11/2014Craftbar never disappoints. I have enjoyed their food, service, and ambience several times now and it is always over-the-top. Dining at Craftbar is an experience always puts a smile on my face. Do not miss Craftbar when you were in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findMichigan0406Dined on 8/10/2014Well-prepared, interesting menu items. Server was well-informed and able to answer questions to guide selections. Excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pmjedwardsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Each visit to NYC we have at least one meal at Craftbar. The restaurant, usually busy on a Saturday night, was quite quiet. Summer in NYC perhaps. We chose a bottle of Oregon pinot noir - not available. We tried a French CabFranc, also unavailable. (My pet peeve is restaurants that don't have the wine they have on their wine list.) The third bottle: a Greek red was available and was to be on the house. (Good save!) The meal, the beet salad, the kielbasa were delicious and well presented; as were the mains: duck and qual cacciatore and the lamb. The desserts rounded out a great meal followed by after dinner drinks, also comped because of our wine difficulties. We'll be back in NYC in a few weeks and will no doubt head back to Craftbar!Special Features:
- Had a great dinnerhokiescoutDined on 8/9/2014It was a great night catching up with an old friend. Enjoyed all of our courses very much. The tomato salad with burrata was killer. Enjoyed our cheese course and my soft-shell crabs very much. Roasted Tomatillo salad with the crabs was an interesting accompaniment.Special Features:
- Craftbar Hits the Mark!diniVIPDined on 8/8/2014This Flatiron locavore does everything right. The service is warm and friendly, the space is great, and the food is sublime. I wanted to provide my niece and nephew with the consummate NY culinary experience before they leave town, and Craftbar hit the mark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseIluvfoodDined on 8/8/2014Wanted to try this place during restaurant week because I am a fan of Tom Colicchio. I have to admit the big name brought me in but it is the food that will keep me coming back. Went with a friend and we were both very impressed with the quality of the food. We had the ricotta balls as an appetizer (delicious), the baked veal meatballs (tender and flavorful) and the hamburger (I still have dreams about the bacon jam) as entrees. The restaurant has a nice ambiance, the staff were friendly and the food was far beyond my expectations.Special Features: