43 E. 19th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.craftrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127800880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio; Chef de Cuisine, Ed Crochet
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please visit the Craft Private Dining Room tab at the top of the page for more detailed information and pictures of the space.
A word from Craft
Tom Colicchio’s Craft was awarded three stars by the New York Times and won the prestigious James Beard Award for Best New Restaurant. In 2010, Tom Colicchio won the James Beard Award for Best Chef. Craft is recognized for its commitment to the use of the finest seasonal ingredients sourced from family farms, dayboat fishermen and specialized ranchers. We prepare these pristine ingredients simply in order to showcase the essence of each ingredient. At Craft, Chef de Cuisine Ed Crochet, Pastry Chef Abby Swain and the hospitable staff ask diners to build their own a la carte menu or choose from the seasonal seven-course tasting menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Craft reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (228)special occasion (218)notable wine list (164)romantic (138)neighborhood gem (79)good for groups (75)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (10)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Good but expensiveSpringerDined on 9/28/2014Craft is a very trendy and definitely worth a visit, the food is interesting though in my opinion not outstanding, the wines are unnecessarily expensive (so choose carefully) but the service is truly firs class.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went with my best friend and her husband to celebrate both of our 1 year anniversaries. The restaurant printed specialized menus for each couple "Happy 1st Anniversary.." Such a nice and classy touch. The service and food was outstanding! Overall it was my best dining experience ever. Would 1000% go back and recommend to anyone. The vibe was classy but not stuffy at all. We felt very comfortable and enjoyed a relaxed dining experience with friendly professional service. AMAZING FOOD!Special Features:
- FabulousGirlsTripDined on 9/25/2014All the reviews were spot on. Our waiter was fabulous and so was the food. Highly recommend this restaurant.
- Tasting is the way to go!NiceshoesDined on 9/24/2014The tasting menu option is the best. And worth the extra money to include the wine pairing. It gives you a great variety of food and tastes that you miss if you just go with a regular entree order. The staff are very attentive and friendly - and our server knew a lot about wine and provided great information about each wine we had with the meal. You should go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid offerings, nice barPinkieDined on 9/24/2014Solid offerings, traditional menu. Corn and bacon risotto is stellar. Halibut is very mild. Short ribs tender, savory. Nice bar, great cocktails. Very attentive support staff (runners, clearers). Would recommend one additional waitstaff to the floor; ours was overcommitted to too many tables and hard to find. Bathrooms need some attention. Muffin parting gift is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CraftWarrenDined on 9/23/20142014 09 23: took Rebecca here for her birthday. We shared a burrata with watermelon, which was delicious. I then had the braised breast of veal—superb but really rich. Anne and Rebecca both had the braised short rib, also delicious. We shared sauteed swiss chard and Hen of the Wood mushrooms with garlic rather than the shallots the restaurant offerred. We then had the chocolate truffle cake, deliciousSpecial Features:
- A pearl in the Tom C collectionCerisierDined on 9/22/2014Excellent service and food, great wine list. Airco was lowered after mentioning it was too cold. Modern, warm interior. Away from touristic crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Food Lover's OasisGGIIVIPDined on 9/22/2014It was wonderful. Quiet, unlike most restaurants today. No loud music; we could hear each other speak. Spacious. No two-tops jammed in side by side. Very solicitous service in terms of the food and wine selections. The best roast chicken either of us had ever eaten. Bartender was very accommodating, too. He had never made a stinger [brandy and white crème de menthe] but he was happy to try and succeeded. All in all a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notch cuisineHuciferDined on 9/22/2014Went Sep 22. Ambiance and service were good, but to be honest, I'm all about the food. Everything we consumed at Craft (from cocktail to dessert) was wonderful. Enjoyed the 19th on Fab drink so much, I was craving it the next day. This is saying something, as I usually don't consume alcohol. But the main event for me that evening was the halibut. It was perfectly cooked. The butter sauce on the halibut was so flavorful, I practically licked the serving plate. Fear not, for I am too civilized to behave like that in public. But I did scrape most of it and drizzle it on the rest of my fish. Tried the kale, zucchini, and eggplant as well. If they are serving eggplant, order it. By far it was our favorite side that night. Hope to return someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better the second timedcbandorVIPDined on 9/21/2014Ate at Craft when it first opened 10+ years ago. Seemed too complicated - had to create your own main course. Now, the menu keeps the original intent, but the options are streamlined. The food is outstanding and the setting is fabulous. Love NYC restaurants with adequate spacing between the tables.Special Features:
- A bit overhypedDavesdiatribeDined on 9/20/2014Food was very good but not extraordinary. Heavy hand with the salt on all dishes. Lots of flavors but we were not overly impressed. Boring uncreative side dishes. The bar and masterful cocktails were appreciatedSpecial Features:
- fabulous dining experiencerockinrDined on 9/20/2014What a fabulous spot to celebrate a special occasion! The service and attention to detail was outstanding and the food was too. Highly recommend the halibut and the scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Granddaughter 18 BDayJoeDi38Dined on 9/20/2014We traveled from Phoenix to meet our grandchildren, who traveled from Chicago & DC to celebrate. Dinner was excellent, service was exceptional and we were never rushed to vacate our table. We spent almost 3 hours in the restaurant. We started with a selection of fresh vegetables , the eggplant & mushrooms are a must have. The short ribs for dinner were shared by all, we would order again. A special treat was provided for the birthday girl. We very much recommend Craft for dinner.Special Features:
- Spectacular!diningfanDined on 9/19/2014My original purpose for visiting the restaurant was because it was owned by a famous chef, host, and restauranteur. Well, the staff and food was just as spectacular. The hostess was immediately present and pleasant. Our waiter (Ed) is the best. He was extremely attentive, knowledgeable, and had a warming personality. I would ask for him every time. I can't forget to mention the fitting ambiance...beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014What a joy this dinner was, each dish better than the next. Our server was knowledgable about the ingredients in each dish and even explained how some morsels were made, such as the house made pickled ginger.Special Features:
- the best of new yorkjtineVIPDined on 9/17/2014top notch service and ambiance with a surprisingly modern menu - delicious!Special Features:
- Just had to see how good he isJerm9999Dined on 9/17/2014Being fans of Top Chef we just had to see how good Chef Tom Colicchio is, and he did not disappoint. He is always a big critic of their risotto so we had to try his, it was the best I had ever had. The Amish Chicken was perfectly seasoned and the sword fish was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!AnnSBVIPDined on 9/16/2014We went there for my birthday, first time there, and the restaurant is just lovely in a casually elegant kind of way. The food was delicious all around, though with no description on the menu you're left with your server to explain everything and sometimes they don't. For example, I ordered the Bok Choy as a side dish and my server did not mention that it was a very spicy dish! The crispy bacon appetizer is pork belly... which was delicious but not what I expected. So except for those few hiccups, everything was wonderful!Special Features:
- NancyDined on 9/16/2014Food was exceptional as always, service was not up to par. Had to repeatedly look for waitress to order beverages, not as attentive as usual. I would expect at this restaurant the wait staff to ask if we would like wine with dinner and this did not happen, the selection of wines by the glass was not great, one Chardonnay and my guest sent back the ReislingSpecial Features:
- A foodies dreamkyfoodiegirlDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant has been on my foodie must dine list for a long time. It met and exceeded my expectations. The scallops were amazing, perfectly cooked with a nice flavor. So many little extras made the experience perfect.Special Features:
- Focus on Good FoodScandinavianDined on 9/15/2014This is a good choice for those looking for extraordinarily good tasting American food. We have never experienced anything so good. The service was also great, including explanations on where the ingredients came from and how they were prepared. Tip: do not miss out on the First Courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW !NYdiningveteranDined on 9/15/2014THe food here is outstanding and VERY imaginative. MY wife said it was the best Gnocchi she has ever had.Special Features:
- MEHOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 9/15/2014Been to farm to table venues around the world. This one caters to it's regulars and seems to have somewhat of an attitude. Food was good but the attitude was not. Arrived early for reservation with hardly a soul in the house and automatically tried to give us the worst table that was available. Took their time to take drink orders and despite having a full meal with all the trimmings, seemed not to really care about our experience. Did make sure they gave us the cake cups on the way out the door. Honestly had been looking forward to this restaurant for years and was disappointed.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantFoodhunterVIPDined on 9/13/2014I tis funny that they define themselves as a sort of a casual place for families. It is indeed, but at the same time it is very romantic, modern with friendly and attentive service and amazing food. If I think about one of the most underestimated places by Michelin, Craft is probably one of the special cases in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Everything we ordered was outstanding. The service however not great. Our waiter came by our table twice, once to take out wine order and once to take our dinner order. Never saw him again. We waited for over an hour for our meal. We were at the restaurant for over two hours and not once did he come by to see how things were. He definitely had a favorite table near us which he checked on regularly. We would go back because the food really is delicious but I hope we would get a more attentive waiter.Special Features:
- Great experienceBradDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time dining at Craft. They recommend everybody orders a protein and then appetizers and sides are done family style. All of the food was fantastic. Service was top notch … attentive without over bearing, knowledgeable, and very personable. We loved interacting with the service team. On our way out the door, they gave everybody a wrapped muffin for the next morning. Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, as alwaysFirebird44VIPDined on 9/12/2014The food is seasonal and beautifully prepared. The servers were friendly and knowledgeable, and the service was impeccable. The decor is simple and elegant. Tables are far enough apart so that you don't hear other diners' conversations. There is an extensive wine list, glasses, half-bottles and bottles, at a variety of prices. If you're baffled, the sommelier is happy to help. Craft is my favorite restaurant, for consistent excellence.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/12/2014We did the tasting menu and it was 8 courses of truly spectacular food. It was also my partner's birthday. They doted on him and even gave him a personalized menu with his name on it as well as a birthday card. Things like this cost a restaurant pennies but add a lot to a personalized experience. It was fancy without being stuffy. Some people were in jeans and others were in suits. Typical manhattan scene and worth going to bSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Destination RestaurantNancyDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding on every level. Contemporary ambience with lovely natural materials, lighting perfect, sound levels low enough to allow conversation. Best halibut I've ever had. Wonderful scallops. An outstanding choice of vegetable sides, including an array of mushrooms. We sampled many, all delicious and each dish in its own gleaming copper pan. Wait staff just right and their very discrete birthday acknowledgements to our honored pair included customized menus for them. A special evening and a place to go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2014What I love about Craft is their commitment to not only a great dining experience, but to their vision of a sustainable world with locally sourced and often wild-crafted produce along with a respect for the lives of the animals that end up on our plates! The staff is gracious; the room is beautiful. The first time I ate there, I told them I was gluten and garlic intolerant. They made a note of that so that I didn't have to remind them again. That's an extra, most appreciated touch.Special Features:
- Great!notAfoodieBUTloveFOODDined on 9/8/2014We were very excited to try one of Tom Colicchio's restaurants, and this one was perfect! The food was spot on and the ambience is quaint. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the NY area :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the charts AMAZING!!!Foodie2dayVIPDined on 9/7/2014If I had to rate my experience overall it Would be a 10 on a scale of 1-5. It really doesn't get any better. Perfection ...Special Features:
- FantasticelwademdDined on 9/6/2014Ended up here last minute as reservations at another restaurant were cancelled literally at the 11th hour. And I am glad they were! I don't live in. NYC, and was their for my birthday weekend with my girlfriend. We both came away impressed. The food was excellent, the service was phenomenal. All in all, no complaints. I would return if I lived in NYC. I guess I'm stuck with Craftsteak in Vegas (happens to be my favorite restaurant).Special Features:
- msjhVIPDined on 9/6/2014Our waiter was a bit odd from the welcome to the handing out of the goodby muffin. Food was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- family occasionfridaynightoutDined on 9/6/2014great attentive service. waiter picked out a great wine. substantial portions. nice "free" treats. mom loved her free birthday dessert and her menu "for nina". my amish chicken was the best and the ravioli with eggplant appetizer fabulous. husband's octopus appetizer and scallops diner dinner were very, very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food without the snobberyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had an amazing dinner celebrating our daughter's 16th birthday in NYC. The food and staff couldn't have made our night more special! It's like dining with old friends who just happen to be world class chefs and hosts! Loved it!Special Features:
- jb50birthdayBirthdaybunchVIPDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I had dinner here Saturday night for part of my 50th birthday celebration. This was by far our favorite restaurant in the city. Everything about it was the best. We were never rushed and enjoyed a long attentive dinner. We had the monkfish and short rib along with the risotto. All were amazing!!!! Great job. Sugar and spice donuts were a fabulous finish to the night.Special Features:
- Keeps me coming back...bradbVIPDined on 9/5/2014The management "Lola" and staff are wonderful. I can't say enough about how good this team is. I have been coming often to bring clients from out of town and this was the first time a brought a significant other. Lola, managed to fit us into a very busy night and she also saved us one of the best seats in the house. The evening was perfect... great food, great service and everyone kept checking on us to ensure we were doing fine. You much go and you will very pleased. Be sure to say hello to Lola as you cant miss her as she greets you with the upmost enthusiasm! Thank you again Craft team! -BradSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmospherekneeceeDined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed meal from start to finish. Service was unobtrusive and timelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end food served low keyswedeDined on 9/5/2014Our dinner at Craft was (again) great and the wine list is stunning. The portions are large and so the idea of sharing works well. However, I think you need to have a group of 4+ to take advantage of the "family style sharing" philosophy, otherwise you won't feel like have tasted so much.Special Features: