43 E. 19th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.craftrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127800880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio; Chef de Cuisine, Ed Crochet
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please visit the Craft Private Dining Room tab at the top of the page for more detailed information and pictures of the space.
A word from Craft
Tom Colicchio’s Craft was awarded three stars by the New York Times and won the prestigious James Beard Award for Best New Restaurant. In 2010, Tom Colicchio won the James Beard Award for Best Chef. Craft is recognized for its commitment to the use of the finest seasonal ingredients sourced from family farms, dayboat fishermen and specialized ranchers. We prepare these pristine ingredients simply in order to showcase the essence of each ingredient. At Craft, Chef de Cuisine Ed Crochet, Pastry Chef Abby Swain and the hospitable staff ask diners to build their own a la carte menu or choose from the seasonal seven-course tasting menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Craft reviews from OpenTable diners
318 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (229)special occasion (222)notable wine list (165)romantic (147)good for groups (80)neighborhood gem (80)hot spot (41)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- the best of new yorkjtineVIPDined on 9/17/2014top notch service and ambiance with a surprisingly modern menu - delicious!Special Features:
- Just had to see how good he isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Being fans of Top Chef we just had to see how good Chef Tom Colicchio is, and he did not disappoint. He is always a big critic of their risotto so we had to try his, it was the best I had ever had. The Amish Chicken was perfectly seasoned and the sword fish was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!AnnSBVIPDined on 9/16/2014We went there for my birthday, first time there, and the restaurant is just lovely in a casually elegant kind of way. The food was delicious all around, though with no description on the menu you're left with your server to explain everything and sometimes they don't. For example, I ordered the Bok Choy as a side dish and my server did not mention that it was a very spicy dish! The crispy bacon appetizer is pork belly... which was delicious but not what I expected. So except for those few hiccups, everything was wonderful!Special Features:
- NancyDined on 9/16/2014Food was exceptional as always, service was not up to par. Had to repeatedly look for waitress to order beverages, not as attentive as usual. I would expect at this restaurant the wait staff to ask if we would like wine with dinner and this did not happen, the selection of wines by the glass was not great, one Chardonnay and my guest sent back the ReislingSpecial Features:
- MEHOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 9/15/2014Been to farm to table venues around the world. This one caters to it's regulars and seems to have somewhat of an attitude. Food was good but the attitude was not. Arrived early for reservation with hardly a soul in the house and automatically tried to give us the worst table that was available. Took their time to take drink orders and despite having a full meal with all the trimmings, seemed not to really care about our experience. Did make sure they gave us the cake cups on the way out the door. Honestly had been looking forward to this restaurant for years and was disappointed.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantFoodhunterVIPDined on 9/13/2014I tis funny that they define themselves as a sort of a casual place for families. It is indeed, but at the same time it is very romantic, modern with friendly and attentive service and amazing food. If I think about one of the most underestimated places by Michelin, Craft is probably one of the special cases in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Everything we ordered was outstanding. The service however not great. Our waiter came by our table twice, once to take out wine order and once to take our dinner order. Never saw him again. We waited for over an hour for our meal. We were at the restaurant for over two hours and not once did he come by to see how things were. He definitely had a favorite table near us which he checked on regularly. We would go back because the food really is delicious but I hope we would get a more attentive waiter.Special Features:
- Great experienceBradDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time dining at Craft. They recommend everybody orders a protein and then appetizers and sides are done family style. All of the food was fantastic. Service was top notch … attentive without over bearing, knowledgeable, and very personable. We loved interacting with the service team. On our way out the door, they gave everybody a wrapped muffin for the next morning. Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, as alwaysFirebird44VIPDined on 9/12/2014The food is seasonal and beautifully prepared. The servers were friendly and knowledgeable, and the service was impeccable. The decor is simple and elegant. Tables are far enough apart so that you don't hear other diners' conversations. There is an extensive wine list, glasses, half-bottles and bottles, at a variety of prices. If you're baffled, the sommelier is happy to help. Craft is my favorite restaurant, for consistent excellence.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/12/2014We did the tasting menu and it was 8 courses of truly spectacular food. It was also my partner's birthday. They doted on him and even gave him a personalized menu with his name on it as well as a birthday card. Things like this cost a restaurant pennies but add a lot to a personalized experience. It was fancy without being stuffy. Some people were in jeans and others were in suits. Typical manhattan scene and worth going to bSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Destination RestaurantNancyDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding on every level. Contemporary ambience with lovely natural materials, lighting perfect, sound levels low enough to allow conversation. Best halibut I've ever had. Wonderful scallops. An outstanding choice of vegetable sides, including an array of mushrooms. We sampled many, all delicious and each dish in its own gleaming copper pan. Wait staff just right and their very discrete birthday acknowledgements to our honored pair included customized menus for them. A special evening and a place to go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2014What I love about Craft is their commitment to not only a great dining experience, but to their vision of a sustainable world with locally sourced and often wild-crafted produce along with a respect for the lives of the animals that end up on our plates! The staff is gracious; the room is beautiful. The first time I ate there, I told them I was gluten and garlic intolerant. They made a note of that so that I didn't have to remind them again. That's an extra, most appreciated touch.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014We were very excited to try one of Tom Colicchio's restaurants, and this one was perfect! The food was spot on and the ambience is quaint. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the NY area :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the charts AMAZING!!!Foodie2dayVIPDined on 9/7/2014If I had to rate my experience overall it Would be a 10 on a scale of 1-5. It really doesn't get any better. Perfection ...Special Features:
- FantasticelwademdDined on 9/6/2014Ended up here last minute as reservations at another restaurant were cancelled literally at the 11th hour. And I am glad they were! I don't live in. NYC, and was their for my birthday weekend with my girlfriend. We both came away impressed. The food was excellent, the service was phenomenal. All in all, no complaints. I would return if I lived in NYC. I guess I'm stuck with Craftsteak in Vegas (happens to be my favorite restaurant).Special Features:
- msjhVIPDined on 9/6/2014Our waiter was a bit odd from the welcome to the handing out of the goodby muffin. Food was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- family occasionfridaynightoutDined on 9/6/2014great attentive service. waiter picked out a great wine. substantial portions. nice "free" treats. mom loved her free birthday dessert and her menu "for nina". my amish chicken was the best and the ravioli with eggplant appetizer fabulous. husband's octopus appetizer and scallops diner dinner were very, very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food without the snobberyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had an amazing dinner celebrating our daughter's 16th birthday in NYC. The food and staff couldn't have made our night more special! It's like dining with old friends who just happen to be world class chefs and hosts! Loved it!Special Features:
- jb50birthdayBirthdaybunchVIPDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I had dinner here Saturday night for part of my 50th birthday celebration. This was by far our favorite restaurant in the city. Everything about it was the best. We were never rushed and enjoyed a long attentive dinner. We had the monkfish and short rib along with the risotto. All were amazing!!!! Great job. Sugar and spice donuts were a fabulous finish to the night.Special Features:
- Keeps me coming back...bradbVIPDined on 9/5/2014The management "Lola" and staff are wonderful. I can't say enough about how good this team is. I have been coming often to bring clients from out of town and this was the first time a brought a significant other. Lola, managed to fit us into a very busy night and she also saved us one of the best seats in the house. The evening was perfect... great food, great service and everyone kept checking on us to ensure we were doing fine. You much go and you will very pleased. Be sure to say hello to Lola as you cant miss her as she greets you with the upmost enthusiasm! Thank you again Craft team! -BradSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmospherekneeceeDined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed meal from start to finish. Service was unobtrusive and timelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end food served low keyswedeDined on 9/5/2014Our dinner at Craft was (again) great and the wine list is stunning. The portions are large and so the idea of sharing works well. However, I think you need to have a group of 4+ to take advantage of the "family style sharing" philosophy, otherwise you won't feel like have tasted so much.Special Features:
- Great Food and Unbeatable ServiceLDLeoneVIPDined on 9/4/2014We hadn't been to Craft in several months, but having had previous good experiences, I booked it for my wife's birthday (a Thursday night). Upon entering the restaurant, they immediately may us feel at home. My wife has pretty bad food allergies which I noted on the reservation. They immediately acknowledged the allergies and reassured her throughout the meal as they delivered the different courses. We started out with the oysters which were incredible that we immediately ordered more. I additionally had a capellini pasta with chili and an anchovy preparation that was excellent followed by bay scallops (also excellent). The staff checked on us often and made it a very fun evening for us. Will definitely be back sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Diner Comes FirstNYCeatsDined on 9/3/2014What a gem. Craft treats you with such respect and provides you with such well prepared food you feel special being there. The well trained and knowledgeable staff provides you with all the information about the food and wines with finesse. The tables are spaced just right and the acoustics are so well crafted that we had a great conversation at our table yet hardly heard anyone else. The food is served family style which was fun and unique. Plus, the food is fantastic. We had pork and monkfish which were prepared so well we were in heaven. Two added treats, When we left the restaurant we were each given a homemade coffee cake for our next breakfast. Plus, there was ample free parking on the streets around the restaurant (after 7:00).Special Features:
- Still merits the hypebjoadDined on 9/2/2014The space is lovely, reasonably quiet and (especially in the front of the restaurant) spacious. The food is inventive, simple and delicious. A simple roast chicken is impeccable with a superb reduction jus. Halibut and scallops were perfectly cooked. Tomatoes perfectly ripe, octopus perfectly grilled. pasta perfectly al dente with a perfect combination of chili. garlic and anchovy, desert brioch and grilled peach perfectly buttery and balanced -- you get the point. (One item didn't work -- bok choy and vinegar are not a good match.) Service was smart and attentive; never overbearing. Congratulations Tom: Still perfect (almost) after all these years.Special Features:
- Superb!!abdb41Dined on 8/31/2014Everything about our experience was superb. This was my husbands first trip to NYC and we were celebrating his 40th. I informed Craft of this and they had a menu for him with "Happy Birthday" and his name printed for him to keep. While we waited for our table the bartender made us a new drink (from our list of ingredient requests) that was delightful! After we were seated, every SINGLE employee, not just our server, made us feel as if we were the only customers in there. They sent a special appetizer and dessert. Wine list, extensive. Food, beyond perfect. Every moment of our time at Craft was exceptional. Cannot recommend it enough. Only downside was that it spoiled us for future fine dining during the trip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite NYC restaurantLuvtoeatDined on 8/29/2014Food, atmosphere, service absolutely outstanding!! Loved the arugula salad, chicken, wagu Beef, shirt ribs - loved everything!!! Definitely my favorite NYC restaurant !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Still great!JohnypDined on 8/29/2014Its been probably more than 6 years since I've been there. It was great then, and better now. Table of 4 ideally placed, i suspect because I told them it was my friend's birthday. Every step of the way, from the maiitre d to the waiter, all wished him a Happy Birthday! The food was excellent, only to be out done by the service. The level of attention was great and friendly; not pretentious "leave me alone" attention. We enjoyed the evening and talked about the wonderful food the whole ride home! Thanks for making the evening great. The only drawback is the price (>$500). Ouch.Special Features:
- OutstandingJbeanDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food. Superbly prepared. Attentive service. For foodies. Only wish they had a better selection of bottled water, believe it or not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!MonicetDined on 8/29/2014Best dining experience ever! The service was super friendly and helpful, great wine list, amazing food. We got a decorated plate saying "Welcome to NYC" at the end of dinner, I almost cried of how thoughtful that was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely beautifulAussiesinnycDined on 8/27/2014We dined here to celebrate my 40th birthday and had come from Australia to do so. We were so impressed by the staff, food, ambience etc. everything was just perfect though my one critical point is the tuna was very light on for the price. Thank you for making the night special. I can't wait to recommend it to friends back home. I also think the guy whose job it is to set the table took such care to get it perfect. I have never seen anything like that before. He was impressive as was our waitress!Special Features:
- Foodie4thoughtDined on 8/26/2014After a while of dining "au currant", it's refreshing to be reminded what fine dining is all about. Such was my first visit to CRAFT, where even as an individual diner, I was made to feel at ease and comfortable from the moment I was graciously welcomed by Maitre d'-Kyle. Each course was astoundingly delicious with its layers of flavor; from the pasta with lamb ragu to the fish with an amazing lemon butter sauce and superbly balanced bacon risotto with sweet corn. All of the above clearly and proudly described and presented by Emily and her team of perfectly timed servers The homemade sugar & spice donuts with dipping sauces was almost too much of a good thing, but these days, too much of a good thing is both rare and appreciated.Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience in NYCbacookingDined on 8/25/2014I have eaten at many fine restaurants in NYC but never had food that tasted as good as our dinner at Craft. Our dining experience was almost magical between the outstanding food, the hip ambience and attentive service. Kudos to the Chefs at Craft for highlighting the taste and beauty of seasonal ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Elegancyflam1111VIPDined on 8/25/2014The tone of the evening was set from the hostess's greeting "Happy Birthday" (mine). The dining room is modern and simple, with sound absorbing ceiling that worked well with the hardwood floor. The service was efficient without overbearing. The food was simply delicious. We shared the Pork Trotter with Farm Egg, where the yolk blended perfectly with the very savory pork meat. The scallops with a butter sauce was so good I soaked some of it up with bread. The short ribs was exactly what everyone raved about, fork tender and intense. The Hen of the Woods mushroom is a must-have to share. Portions may look small but are deceivingly filling, since the food is so rich. An absolutely gem that I will come back to.Special Features:
- Craft is always a treatGastroPupDined on 8/25/2014Superb, spectacular, perfect dining. The best lamb I ever tasted was the special for the evening. I can't get enough of the those luscious mashed potatoes which are actually butter with some potato added, as my teenage daughter suggested (no complaints here!). We never leave unhappy. We always leave satisfied and in awe. Bravo Craft.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantBritgirlDined on 8/22/2014We came to Craft to celebrate a "big" birthday. The ambience of the restaurant is modern classic; the thoughtful design hushes the chatter giving a vibrant but relaxed feel. The menu is simple and elegant - there is an extensive wine list. The food is cooked to perfection - we had the oysters, raw tuna, swordfish and scallops. The blackberry pavlova was out of this world. The staff made a fuss of my husband for his big day, which was lovely. Unusually for a New York restaurant, we had the pleasant experience of enjoying our meal at a leisurely pace without being hurried out of the door. We would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Solid experiencemrdesqDined on 8/22/2014I had a nice time on a Friday night at Craft. It was my second time eating there. It was my date's first time there and she also enjoyed Craft. As usual, dessert was probably the best part of the dinner. For the first course, I ordered the orecchiette with pork ragu (they sometimes make it with lamb ragu depending upon when you go) and it was simply amazing. It might be their best dish outside of dessert. For the main course, I had the amish chicken which was good, but not amazing. We ordered 2 sides of vegetables: hen of the woods mushrooms and zucchini. We didn't like the mushrooms but the zucchini was great. Overall, a solid dining experience with good service.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Booked for friend's birthday, very nice special but classy touch. The place has been a favorite for this long time it fits like your favorite jean - stylish yet comfortable. Service is attentive, knowledgeable and discreet. One can hear a conversation without shouting over each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Past Sell-By DateFeedMeDined on 8/20/2014Attractive restaurant, decent, but somewhat confused service (ordered a second bottle of wine & never got it) - "farm-to table" theme needs a little spice - most food was very bland and uninspired
- Fine, not fabulousHuskyinDCDined on 8/19/2014We wanted to love it, but ended up just liking it. The appetizers, a lightly grilled marinated octopus with capers and chilies and a perfectly pan-roasted quail, were truly outstanding. The entree mains - an olive oil poached swordfish, and a bacon-wrapped monkfish were prepared to a perfect doneness, but were lacking pop, save for the bed of balsamic onions under the monkfish. And the sides were definitely underwhelming: a rather bland sautéed Swiss chard and somewhat pedantic and runny bacon and corn risotto left us wanting. Our evening was redeemed by their luxurious chocolate truffle cake, a rich chocolate flourless cake off-set with a creamy pistachio ice cream. Overall good, but over $300, I've had better.Special Features: