43 E. 19th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.craftrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127800880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio; Chef de Cuisine, Ed Crochet
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please visit the Craft Private Dining Room tab at the top of the page for more detailed information and pictures of the space.
A word from Craft
Tom Colicchio’s Craft was awarded three stars by the New York Times and won the prestigious James Beard Award for Best New Restaurant. In 2010, Tom Colicchio won the James Beard Award for Best Chef. Craft is recognized for its commitment to the use of the finest seasonal ingredients sourced from family farms, dayboat fishermen and specialized ranchers. We prepare these pristine ingredients simply in order to showcase the essence of each ingredient. At Craft, Chef de Cuisine Ed Crochet, Pastry Chef Abby Swain and the hospitable staff ask diners to build their own a la carte menu or choose from the seasonal seven-course tasting menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Craft reviews from OpenTable diners
336 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (237)special occasion (236)notable wine list (167)romantic (151)neighborhood gem (79)good for groups (75)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Foodie4thoughtDined on 8/26/2014After a while of dining "au currant", it's refreshing to be reminded what fine dining is all about. Such was my first visit to CRAFT, where even as an individual diner, I was made to feel at ease and comfortable from the moment I was graciously welcomed by Maitre d'-Kyle. Each course was astoundingly delicious with its layers of flavor; from the pasta with lamb ragu to the fish with an amazing lemon butter sauce and superbly balanced bacon risotto with sweet corn. All of the above clearly and proudly described and presented by Emily and her team of perfectly timed servers The homemade sugar & spice donuts with dipping sauces was almost too much of a good thing, but these days, too much of a good thing is both rare and appreciated.Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I have eaten at many fine restaurants in NYC but never had food that tasted as good as our dinner at Craft. Our dining experience was almost magical between the outstanding food, the hip ambience and attentive service. Kudos to the Chefs at Craft for highlighting the taste and beauty of seasonal ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Elegancyflam1111VIPDined on 8/25/2014The tone of the evening was set from the hostess's greeting "Happy Birthday" (mine). The dining room is modern and simple, with sound absorbing ceiling that worked well with the hardwood floor. The service was efficient without overbearing. The food was simply delicious. We shared the Pork Trotter with Farm Egg, where the yolk blended perfectly with the very savory pork meat. The scallops with a butter sauce was so good I soaked some of it up with bread. The short ribs was exactly what everyone raved about, fork tender and intense. The Hen of the Woods mushroom is a must-have to share. Portions may look small but are deceivingly filling, since the food is so rich. An absolutely gem that I will come back to.Special Features:
- Craft is always a treatGastroPupDined on 8/25/2014Superb, spectacular, perfect dining. The best lamb I ever tasted was the special for the evening. I can't get enough of the those luscious mashed potatoes which are actually butter with some potato added, as my teenage daughter suggested (no complaints here!). We never leave unhappy. We always leave satisfied and in awe. Bravo Craft.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantBritgirlDined on 8/22/2014We came to Craft to celebrate a "big" birthday. The ambience of the restaurant is modern classic; the thoughtful design hushes the chatter giving a vibrant but relaxed feel. The menu is simple and elegant - there is an extensive wine list. The food is cooked to perfection - we had the oysters, raw tuna, swordfish and scallops. The blackberry pavlova was out of this world. The staff made a fuss of my husband for his big day, which was lovely. Unusually for a New York restaurant, we had the pleasant experience of enjoying our meal at a leisurely pace without being hurried out of the door. We would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Solid experiencemrdesqDined on 8/22/2014I had a nice time on a Friday night at Craft. It was my second time eating there. It was my date's first time there and she also enjoyed Craft. As usual, dessert was probably the best part of the dinner. For the first course, I ordered the orecchiette with pork ragu (they sometimes make it with lamb ragu depending upon when you go) and it was simply amazing. It might be their best dish outside of dessert. For the main course, I had the amish chicken which was good, but not amazing. We ordered 2 sides of vegetables: hen of the woods mushrooms and zucchini. We didn't like the mushrooms but the zucchini was great. Overall, a solid dining experience with good service.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Booked for friend's birthday, very nice special but classy touch. The place has been a favorite for this long time it fits like your favorite jean - stylish yet comfortable. Service is attentive, knowledgeable and discreet. One can hear a conversation without shouting over each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Past Sell-By DateFeedMeDined on 8/20/2014Attractive restaurant, decent, but somewhat confused service (ordered a second bottle of wine & never got it) - "farm-to table" theme needs a little spice - most food was very bland and uninspired
- Fine, not fabulousHuskyinDCDined on 8/19/2014We wanted to love it, but ended up just liking it. The appetizers, a lightly grilled marinated octopus with capers and chilies and a perfectly pan-roasted quail, were truly outstanding. The entree mains - an olive oil poached swordfish, and a bacon-wrapped monkfish were prepared to a perfect doneness, but were lacking pop, save for the bed of balsamic onions under the monkfish. And the sides were definitely underwhelming: a rather bland sautéed Swiss chard and somewhat pedantic and runny bacon and corn risotto left us wanting. Our evening was redeemed by their luxurious chocolate truffle cake, a rich chocolate flourless cake off-set with a creamy pistachio ice cream. Overall good, but over $300, I've had better.Special Features:
- Simple food elaborately preparedbrfoodieDined on 8/19/2014The menu at The Craft is not extense, and I would also say is not even inventive - it resembles more a classic American menu with all of the required staplers with a little touch of distinctiveness at the appetizers - such as the Octopus (delicious). But the preparation of the food is absolutely first class, with attention to the last detail, and the result is mouth-watering. My beet salad was great, and even a simple Orecchieti pasta with Lamb Ragu was absolutely delicious in every way. The environment is also super pleasant to the eye, a modern but very elegant setting, and no obvious "cold spot" in any of the seating options. Highly recommended if you are not looking for a foodie feast with just the latest and greatest culinary inventionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodswireontourDined on 8/18/2014Craft is a class act. Food is very good indeed and service pretty good. I really really dislike the way plates and glasses are cleared away in most American restaurants but not here. Staff wait until everyone is finished and then ask if they may clear the table. Very well trained and implemented. back of room was a little colder than the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreChivisitorDined on 8/18/2014Ordered swordfish and actually could not cut it with a knife.. Sent back.. Got halibut which was good.. Must have been a tough part of the fish. Staff very friendly and did best to recover. Friends also had fish which was good but not outstanding . Next night ate at seafire grill.. Seafire was works ahead of craft with seafood dishes and ambiance, salads etc. I'm sure craft is well appreciated by regulars but for us no reason to return.
- Best dinner in NYC!TallCdngirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is our new favorite restaurant in New York. Great food, attentive service, super wine list. Would recommend for a romantic evening. Not cheap, but well worth the price. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowee!NycnanciVIPDined on 8/14/2014Above and beyond in every way. Fresh delectable dishes. Fabulous martinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouslovelydinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014The food is prepared impeccably and matched by knowledgable and enthusiastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLLouDined on 8/13/2014The wait staff was very attentive with excellent timing. Everything about the meal was delicious and flavorful. One of the best dining experiences in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCmtaDined on 8/11/2014Service is friendly, kind, helpful. Food was a little disappointing especially since the food was relatively expensive.Special Features:
- Wonderful in every wayMm23Dined on 8/10/2014Great, rich, savory food. Great ambience. And the best service I've had at a restaurant in years. As we were walking out, already raving about our experience, they handed us each a small, complimentary homemade muffin "for breakfast" the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LNF1VIPDined on 8/10/2014Celebrated a double birthday. Everything was exceptional!Special Features:
- truscicaDined on 8/9/2014great food, great service, not too noisy, would have given it 5 stars but wasn't wild about the swordfish, but mostly because it was cold. Rest of the meal from appetizers to entrees to desserts, outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayEsq54VIPDined on 8/9/2014I selected Craft for a significant B-Day. But I had no idea how good a choice this was. Service was impeccable from confirming the reservation to the actual dinner. I have found my new fancy favorite. In fact it cost less than I had anticipated.Special Features:
- PerfectScotttisdaleDined on 8/7/2014Every bite is delicious. Every time. And service is always spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in NYC.JeninNyVIPDined on 8/7/2014On arriving I was greeted with, "Happy Birthday, and welcome back!". Talk about setting the stage for a good vibe. I love that they actually know exactly when we were there last, and even which bottle of wine we drank the previous time. This is my favorite restaurant in NYC, and we dine out a lot. The ambience is perfect, the noise level subdued. The food always nothing short of delectable, and the service... impeccable. Captain Cesar is a master of his craft (no pun intended!) as are all the friendly and professional people who take part in the well oiled process of making your dinner experience perfect. I can't wait for white truffle season this year, because then I have an excuse to go back.Special Features:
- one of my favoritesvictoriameyerVIPDined on 8/7/2014I've dined at Craft a number of times, and have recommended it to several friends. The food is beautifully prepared. The staff is friendly and very professional. The restaurant is blessedly quiet. I always go home happy!Special Features:
- Heaven!WeLoveFoodDined on 8/7/2014Due to the fact my husband and I are big Top Chef fans we couldn't wait to try Tom Colicchio's restaurant when visiting NYC in August. Some reviews scared me but we went with an open mind. Our meal was simply amazing! We had the tuna appetizer, shared the lamb ragu, wagyu culotte (my husband's meal), braised short ribs (mine), and sides: gratin potatoes, bok choy, and the corn and bacon risotto. The only disappointment was we didn't have room for dessert! (The muffins were the perfect breakfast treat the following morning!)Special Features:
- Expensive, but absolutely amazingDrizztmetDined on 8/5/2014While it is priced for the upper crust, for a special occasion, it is an absolute pleasure, and worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious foodabezVIPDined on 8/3/2014Have always loved the food at this resturant and it never fails me! Also it's quiet which is a rare find in New York!Special Features:
- AMAZINGMajorFoodieDined on 8/2/2014This is my second time at Craft, and my overall 10th time at a Colicchio restaurant - I am never disappointed. The food is phenomenal, the staff is knowledgeable and incredibly friendly and I would love to have dinner here over and over again!Special Features:
- Service outstandingMGA69Dined on 8/2/2014A lovely night at Craft. Bartender let me try a few wines before selecting, which was great. Definitely a foodie place (stating the obvious with Colicchio as chef). We had a minor hiccup with our order, but the resolution from the staff and manager was outstanding. Salad and dinner were phenomenal. Appetizers were very "foodie" and I was pleased to try them..though ultimately not my cup of tea---which has nothing to do with their quality--more with my own palate. The brioche dessert was INSANELY good. Wish I had more. And the breakfast muffin as I left had me grinning from ear to ear about this great evening.Special Features:
- 13 & still going very strong757eatingDined on 8/1/2014Craft with 13 years under it's belly is everything but tired. The menu delivers, the (open) wine list is worth paying for and the staff is as energetic and skilled as on the first day. I recommend Craft to anyone how cares about food, gets excited about it and enjoys experiencing what is great American cuisine. Craft is a leader among the top restaurants in the United States and the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, excellent foodAmblerJVIPDined on 7/31/20143 of bus shared 2 apps, Octopus and Tuna. Bi th well conceived and prepared dishes. Shared a pasta course of Orchestra with Lamb rag, which was immediately devoured. Server recommended the whole Rabbit, which was outstanding! Stuffed with Chorizo and charred peach stuffing, then rolled and sliced. Great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FivestarDined on 7/27/2014Had dinner at craft recently with my wife and two boys, age 17 and 14. The staff was welcoming and helpful. Food was extraordinary as expected. Both of my boys enjoyed themselves immensely. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food though pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great dinner from farm to table concept with savory flavors. This was the difference between a good and great chef. Although on the pricey end it was worth going to taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalJMWDDSVIPDined on 7/25/2014Quite often when you look forward to something it never lives up to your expectations. I knew the food at Craft would meet and even exceed my expectations but you (Lola, manager) and your staff were exceptional. Thank you so much for making my wife's 70th a perfect memory. It was a wonderful evening and the donuts will be talked about into the next century. Jim & Mary Kate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect After Wedding Dinnersnoopyhead101Dined on 7/24/2014We had a party of four dine here after my wedding. They printed us special menus, the hostess, waitress, and manager all told us congrats! They even gave us a special plate that said congrats on it after dinner. Food was fantastic, of course. Only complaint was after we told the waiter we needed more time to think about order, they took about 15 minutes to come back.Special Features:
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014From the food to the staff, out evening at Craft was just impeccable! Would HIGHLY recommend!!!! Get the dry aged steak for two!! Well worth the price of admission!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottDined on 7/23/2014Third time we have been to Craft and it remains a favorite. Wine and food were excellent; we could actually hear each other across the table.Special Features:
- AmazingGeneDined on 7/20/2014Of the 5 things it's hard to say which one was the best,each was better than the other.I told some friends about it and we are going back tommorow nite .Lookimg forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Comfort FooddaviDined on 7/19/2014Lovely, warm and inviting décor which screams "chill" enjoy yourself as you walk in. Located on a street where lots of on-street parking is available. Menu makes it hard to make a selection, fantastic choices. Wine list is very complete but prices are on the high side even for the diamonds in the rough regions. All in all a very good meal. Kudos to our server Emilie who notices our Pork Porterhouse was still not cooked to our requested temperature after a second time and offered to take item off the bill. Classy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive Staff, Delicious FoodmycatalystDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had a delicious dinner at Craft. I had noted in my reservation that we are fans of Tom Colicchio from Top Chef and wer excited to dine at Craft. I wasn't sure if this would just induce eye-rolling (and it may have) but to us the staff was so pleasant and enthusiastic, asking if it met our expectations, telling us about why they came to work at Craft, etc. The food was delicious. Nothing trendy, just comfort and classic food prepared perfectly. We enjoyed every bite. Our server was great. Attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features: