43 E. 19th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.craftrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127800880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio; Chef de Cuisine, Ed Crochet
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please visit the Craft Private Dining Room tab at the top of the page for more detailed information and pictures of the space.
A word from Craft
Tom Colicchio’s Craft was awarded three stars by the New York Times and won the prestigious James Beard Award for Best New Restaurant. In 2010, Tom Colicchio won the James Beard Award for Best Chef. Craft is recognized for its commitment to the use of the finest seasonal ingredients sourced from family farms, dayboat fishermen and specialized ranchers. We prepare these pristine ingredients simply in order to showcase the essence of each ingredient. At Craft, Chef de Cuisine Ed Crochet, Pastry Chef Abby Swain and the hospitable staff ask diners to build their own a la carte menu or choose from the seasonal seven-course tasting menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Craft reviews from OpenTable diners
307 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (227)special occasion (213)notable wine list (158)romantic (141)neighborhood gem (78)good for groups (72)hot spot (43)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Had a wonderful meal at Craft for a birthday celebration. Enjoyed a number of solid dishes including a pork belly and mustard seed appetizer and a mackerel sashimi-style dish. Our mains included a wonderfully prepared monkfish, red snapper, and a spaghetti carbonara that definitely stood out. I think the pricing is a little on the high side to be honest ($20-$30 for appetizers; $30-$50 for entrees), but the quality of the food and strong service does make you forget about the bill that will eventually arrive.Special Features:
- Food network fanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Great meal first tasting menu just perfect. The staff was very professional and helpful.Special Features:
- LovelyCatLn8vDined on 10/18/2014This was our second time at Craft. The first time we sat at the bar (walk-in, no reservation) and had a great time talking with the bartender while we enjoyed a great dinner. This time we reserved a table and ordered the tasting menu with wine pairings. The food was thoughtful and well-executed, and the wines were generally delightful and interesting (although one wine was just good, not remarkable). Our waiter, Cesar, was fantastic, and the entire wait staff handled the logistics of the multiple courses very efficiently and without being intrusive or overly solicitous. It was just a lovely evening and a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I had an amazing dinner at Craft. We were celebrating a birthday and all of the staff seemed to go out of their way to make our night special from the moment they greeted us at the door, a special dinner menu for the guest of honor and finally with a birthday candle to blow out at the end. The scallops, potatoes gratin and brussels sprouts were all delish and the chocolate souffle was the perfect ending to a perfect dinner. We will definitely head back to Craft the next time we are in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JuanpaDined on 10/18/2014Fantastic experience. Delicious dishes and good plating. Cesar, our server that night was great, adding more and more value to our dinner at Craft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal ever!HaygsDined on 10/13/2014My wife and I had been wanting to go here for a long time. I figured out anniversary was the best time to go. Every part of our experience was incredible! The service was amazing and the food...oh my god! It was the best meal either of us have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsTrepianalboDined on 10/11/2014We travelled all the way from southamerica, to checkout this amazing review restaurant, it definitely exceeded our expectations. From the kindness welcome, through a fun time in the bar, an exquisite dinner, a perfect wine pairing, perfect dessert and thougthful cupcake to take home, we had an amazing night out! Thank you so much!!! Definitely coming back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodPeterDined on 10/11/2014The gnocchi is quite amazing, and the menu is very fulfilling. Halibut was perfectly cooked with an amazing sauce. Promise you will come back once you eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!!!!KaufmakaVIPDined on 10/10/2014We took a chance on Craft for a birthday dinner and boy were we inpressed. Staff was accommodating and attentive without being overbearing, service was impeccable, & food was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently outstandingRandomPatronDined on 10/9/2014We do not eat out frequently and usually need to rely on gift cards to subsidize a night of fine-dining in Manhattan. But when we do, we usually go to Craft. The food is always exquisitely prepared and memorable in its flavor combinations and ingredient offerings. The service is exceptional -- welcoming, gracious, informative, and doting but never intrusive. The place has the feel of a standard -- not trying to be trendy but always on top of the menu, in terms of seasonal, local, innovative options. Ambience is lovely; not contrived. Lighting is low but you can still read the menus. All in all, a wonderful place to have a delicious meal and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversarywd4meDined on 10/9/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating our wedding anniversary with lots of special touches courtesy of CraftSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencemoderngirlVIPDined on 10/8/2014I can't believe I've lived in NYC for a very long time and have not dined at Craft before. I write dined because that is what it is, a wonderful dining experience. The room is modern but cozy modern. The seating is comfortable. Service is excellent and the food is delicious. It is also nice to recognize the simple, fresh ingredients used in their dishes. This is one of the original and best farm to table restaurants. Most others should aspire to be as good as this. I will return shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placebklynmanreviewVIPDined on 10/8/2014For a special occasion dinner -- this is a must -- food was amazing, service was awesome -- i can't say one thing bad!! You will pay for it as it is not cheap, but for a special night, this is a must consider!Special Features:
- QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2014The menu is not overwhelming and everything on offer is cooked to perfect and special. Service is very friendly yet professional. It is not a loud restaurant and is a little too much on the quiet side to provide any true 'atmosphere', but it is not noticeable as your focus is on the food. The crispy bacon and pear app and the braised short rib are definitely the highlights of the menu - and the chocolate souffle is definitely worth the wait!!Special Features:
- Over the top serviceMarcBVIPDined on 10/5/2014In the city where there are restaurants every 7 feet, it is a pleasure to find a place like Craft. From the moment we walked in, the staff made us feel extremely comfortable and welcomed. They accommodated our every need, the food was delicious, and we felt like we have a private dining experience. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodBollyDined on 10/3/2014This was our first visit to Craft and we were not disappointed. The halibut was cooked perfectly. It was flaky and tender. The monkfish wrapped in pancetta was flavorful. The roasted cauliflower was excellent. We wished we were hungry enough to order another side dish just to taste another vegetable. We ordered a trio of ice-cream for dessert. The chocolate chili was not very chocolately. It would have been better if it was made with darker chocolate to bring out the chili. The cinnamon ice-cream could have had a more cinnamon flavor. I would recommend this restaurant and I would dine there again the next time we are in NYC.Special Features:
- Loved it!Azp3Dined on 10/3/2014We found Craft by reading through lots of reviews online. We wanted a special restaurant to celebrate at birthday. Craft did not disappoint. Everything we had was fabulous. Veggie side dishes were amazing. Staff was helpful and so friendly. Perfect evening. Thanks craft!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THANK YOU.DikushDined on 10/2/2014Thank you Craft, for making our night unforgettable. We had the tasting menu and it was absolutely amazing. Every bite made us tremble and we enjoyed each and every dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incrediblebfishe04Dined on 10/1/2014I took my boyfriend for his birthday & told the restaurant prior to. They provided a special menu w/ "happy birthday (his name)" on it & wrapped it up for him to take home. we selected the tasting menu, & each course was incredible. The service was the best I've ever experienced. I asked for the restroom & was escorted there (i saw other people escorted, so i knew it was not a one time occurrence). The staff was friendly, well-trained, knowledgeable & kept an appropriate/relaxed pace of the meal. The ambiance was clean & pretty & the wine was on display. When we left, we were given apple muffins for the next day. Although the tasting menu is pricey, you definitely get what you pay for. It's a spectacular place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveSpringerDined on 9/28/2014Craft is a very trendy and definitely worth a visit, the food is interesting though in my opinion not outstanding, the wines are unnecessarily expensive (so choose carefully) but the service is truly firs class.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went with my best friend and her husband to celebrate both of our 1 year anniversaries. The restaurant printed specialized menus for each couple "Happy 1st Anniversary.." Such a nice and classy touch. The service and food was outstanding! Overall it was my best dining experience ever. Would 1000% go back and recommend to anyone. The vibe was classy but not stuffy at all. We felt very comfortable and enjoyed a relaxed dining experience with friendly professional service. AMAZING FOOD!Special Features:
- FabulousGirlsTripDined on 9/25/2014All the reviews were spot on. Our waiter was fabulous and so was the food. Highly recommend this restaurant.
- Tasting is the way to go!NiceshoesDined on 9/24/2014The tasting menu option is the best. And worth the extra money to include the wine pairing. It gives you a great variety of food and tastes that you miss if you just go with a regular entree order. The staff are very attentive and friendly - and our server knew a lot about wine and provided great information about each wine we had with the meal. You should go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid offerings, nice barPinkieDined on 9/24/2014Solid offerings, traditional menu. Corn and bacon risotto is stellar. Halibut is very mild. Short ribs tender, savory. Nice bar, great cocktails. Very attentive support staff (runners, clearers). Would recommend one additional waitstaff to the floor; ours was overcommitted to too many tables and hard to find. Bathrooms need some attention. Muffin parting gift is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CraftWarrenDined on 9/23/20142014 09 23: took Rebecca here for her birthday. We shared a burrata with watermelon, which was delicious. I then had the braised breast of veal—superb but really rich. Anne and Rebecca both had the braised short rib, also delicious. We shared sauteed swiss chard and Hen of the Wood mushrooms with garlic rather than the shallots the restaurant offerred. We then had the chocolate truffle cake, deliciousSpecial Features:
- A pearl in the Tom C collectionCerisierDined on 9/22/2014Excellent service and food, great wine list. Airco was lowered after mentioning it was too cold. Modern, warm interior. Away from touristic crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Food Lover's OasisGGIIVIPDined on 9/22/2014It was wonderful. Quiet, unlike most restaurants today. No loud music; we could hear each other speak. Spacious. No two-tops jammed in side by side. Very solicitous service in terms of the food and wine selections. The best roast chicken either of us had ever eaten. Bartender was very accommodating, too. He had never made a stinger [brandy and white crème de menthe] but he was happy to try and succeeded. All in all a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notch cuisineHuciferDined on 9/22/2014Went Sep 22. Ambiance and service were good, but to be honest, I'm all about the food. Everything we consumed at Craft (from cocktail to dessert) was wonderful. Enjoyed the 19th on Fab drink so much, I was craving it the next day. This is saying something, as I usually don't consume alcohol. But the main event for me that evening was the halibut. It was perfectly cooked. The butter sauce on the halibut was so flavorful, I practically licked the serving plate. Fear not, for I am too civilized to behave like that in public. But I did scrape most of it and drizzle it on the rest of my fish. Tried the kale, zucchini, and eggplant as well. If they are serving eggplant, order it. By far it was our favorite side that night. Hope to return someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better the second timedcbandorVIPDined on 9/21/2014Ate at Craft when it first opened 10+ years ago. Seemed too complicated - had to create your own main course. Now, the menu keeps the original intent, but the options are streamlined. The food is outstanding and the setting is fabulous. Love NYC restaurants with adequate spacing between the tables.Special Features:
- A bit overhypedDavesdiatribeDined on 9/20/2014Food was very good but not extraordinary. Heavy hand with the salt on all dishes. Lots of flavors but we were not overly impressed. Boring uncreative side dishes. The bar and masterful cocktails were appreciatedSpecial Features:
- fabulous dining experiencerockinrDined on 9/20/2014What a fabulous spot to celebrate a special occasion! The service and attention to detail was outstanding and the food was too. Highly recommend the halibut and the scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Granddaughter 18 BDayJoeDi38Dined on 9/20/2014We traveled from Phoenix to meet our grandchildren, who traveled from Chicago & DC to celebrate. Dinner was excellent, service was exceptional and we were never rushed to vacate our table. We spent almost 3 hours in the restaurant. We started with a selection of fresh vegetables , the eggplant & mushrooms are a must have. The short ribs for dinner were shared by all, we would order again. A special treat was provided for the birthday girl. We very much recommend Craft for dinner.Special Features:
- Spectacular!diningfanDined on 9/19/2014My original purpose for visiting the restaurant was because it was owned by a famous chef, host, and restauranteur. Well, the staff and food was just as spectacular. The hostess was immediately present and pleasant. Our waiter (Ed) is the best. He was extremely attentive, knowledgeable, and had a warming personality. I would ask for him every time. I can't forget to mention the fitting ambiance...beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014What a joy this dinner was, each dish better than the next. Our server was knowledgable about the ingredients in each dish and even explained how some morsels were made, such as the house made pickled ginger.Special Features:
- the best of new yorkjtineVIPDined on 9/17/2014top notch service and ambiance with a surprisingly modern menu - delicious!Special Features:
- Just had to see how good he isJerm9999Dined on 9/17/2014Being fans of Top Chef we just had to see how good Chef Tom Colicchio is, and he did not disappoint. He is always a big critic of their risotto so we had to try his, it was the best I had ever had. The Amish Chicken was perfectly seasoned and the sword fish was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!AnnSBVIPDined on 9/16/2014We went there for my birthday, first time there, and the restaurant is just lovely in a casually elegant kind of way. The food was delicious all around, though with no description on the menu you're left with your server to explain everything and sometimes they don't. For example, I ordered the Bok Choy as a side dish and my server did not mention that it was a very spicy dish! The crispy bacon appetizer is pork belly... which was delicious but not what I expected. So except for those few hiccups, everything was wonderful!Special Features:
- NancyDined on 9/16/2014Food was exceptional as always, service was not up to par. Had to repeatedly look for waitress to order beverages, not as attentive as usual. I would expect at this restaurant the wait staff to ask if we would like wine with dinner and this did not happen, the selection of wines by the glass was not great, one Chardonnay and my guest sent back the ReislingSpecial Features:
- A foodies dreamkyfoodiegirlDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant has been on my foodie must dine list for a long time. It met and exceeded my expectations. The scallops were amazing, perfectly cooked with a nice flavor. So many little extras made the experience perfect.Special Features:
- Focus on Good FoodScandinavianDined on 9/15/2014This is a good choice for those looking for extraordinarily good tasting American food. We have never experienced anything so good. The service was also great, including explanations on where the ingredients came from and how they were prepared. Tip: do not miss out on the First Courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.