43 E. 19th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.craftrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 780-0880
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio; Chef de Cuisine, Ed Crochet
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please visit the Craft Private Dining Room tab at the top of the page for more detailed information and pictures of the space.
A word from Craft
Tom Colicchio’s Craft was awarded three stars by the New York Times and won the prestigious James Beard Award for Best New Restaurant. In 2010, Tom Colicchio won the James Beard Award for Best Chef. Craft is recognized for its commitment to the use of the finest seasonal ingredients sourced from family farms, dayboat fishermen and specialized ranchers. We prepare these pristine ingredients simply in order to showcase the essence of each ingredient. At Craft, Chef de Cuisine Ed Crochet, Pastry Chef Abby Swain and the hospitable staff ask diners to build their own a la carte menu or choose from the seasonal seven-course tasting menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Craft reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (245)special occasion (218)notable wine list (160)romantic (133)neighborhood gem (81)good for groups (78)hot spot (53)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Question if Craft is Top 10BlueAlbanyDined on 11/15/2014Table wasn"t ready for a confirmed reservation, and the bar area is very small and very close to other patrons. Found the food very salty, and the best part of the meal, brussel sprouts!! Our waiter was outstanding and service very good, while not crazy, I would give it a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/14/2014My friends and I were surprised by the excelent service and food. The service was fantastic, careful, available whenever needed and super friendly also knowing the details of each dish and the whole restaurant concept. The food was very good. Nice flavors, smart mix of textures. Amazing experience, totally recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Truly incredible. They made us feel like we were the only table in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealRobert009Dined on 11/11/2014Craft is a terrific restaurant and we had a great evening celebrating my wife's birthday.Special Features:
- Great Service/Ok FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2014I was really excited to eat at the restaurant and we tried items from all of the food categories. The service was outstanding. Unfortunately, the food items were just ok. We had the foi gras (just ok), black flounder for two (fish was a bit mushy), salad (nice), brussel sprouts (great), and broccoli (good). The standout was probably the brussel sprouts and the dessert (donuts).Special Features:
- FleetoffootDined on 11/10/2014One of my favourite restaurants in NY. Never fails to deliver exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over served!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/10/2014Great dinner especially the signature braised short rib. But the service was over attentive. Two couples, trying to enjoy a dinner conversation interrupted every 2-3 minutes with someone reaching around us to re-fill water glasses only 1/4 empty. In one five minute period three different people tried to pour wine and we had to explain that we didn't want any just then, not any ever, just right at that moment. Next thing you know two of the wine glasses have been removed just because they are empty for a minute or two, we still have half a bottle. Hostess interrupts to ask how everything is...enough already, send your staff to 11 Madison Park to see how service is really done, subtly not intrusively...Special Features:
- Not just resting on its laurelsgalvdocVIPDined on 11/9/2014Craft has been around since 2001 but remains fresh and exciting. The warm tones of the dining area and naked bulb lighting have often been copied and remain soothing, adding to the dining experience. The large room seems intimate and conversations remain private. The wine list is extensive and well-indexed. Classics like a braised short rib were exquisitely done - served in an individual copper kettle, the carmelized crust yielded to tender meat. Side dishes including roasted brussels sprouts and potato gratin were perfect. More exotic offerings like grilled octopus with a six minute egg inspired groans of delight and sharing around the table. Service was impeccable and neatly acknowledged a table member's birthday in an unobtrusive manner.Special Features:
- He really is a "Top Chef"...BigomanVIPDined on 11/8/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday with friend's at Craft. First, they gave her a special "happy birthday" edition of the menu (you just have to let them know you are celebrating something). Everything was flawless...from the service to the food. Our server made excellent recommendations and also suggested just the right amount of food for us to all share (it's served family style); we all felt comfortably satiated as everything was so good that you wouldn't want to leave a morsel on the plate!!! In addition, the sommelier made perfect suggestions and I think even converted one of our party into a white wine drinker. I would highly recommend the pumpkin agnolotti, brussel sprouts, roasted mushrooms, and braised short ribs...but there was nothing we had that wasn't a worthy selection. Enjoy!!! We usually try to go to new restaurants whenever we visit NYC because there are so many great options, but we will definitely return to Craft...bravissimoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luxurious experience, great foodSweetiepieDined on 11/8/2014We came to Craft for pre-theater, we now realize that the inventive cocktails, superlative food and the upscale yet warm ambiance merited a longer time-frame than we allowed. Nonetheless, the service was excellent. Our favorite dishes: a plump canadian oyster, waygu beef, veal breast, trotters and the risotto. A lovely alcohol-free drink called the persian was a highlight. The atmosphere was truly intimate and our party of 3 women-of-a-certain-age, were so happy to enjoy seeing the arrival of young lovers, a family gathering for newlyweds, and a neighborhood bar scene peopled with 30 somethings. Very expensive, but the luxury of the dining room and the quality of the farm to table ingredients was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter's Engagement celebrationRocaDined on 11/7/2014Craft was truly an amazing experience! We were celebrating our daughter's engagement and they were special enough to personalize their menus! The food and the service were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ThrilledFoodieWinoDined on 11/5/2014I've heard fabulous reviews on this restaurant so maybe my expectations were too high? I ordered the Sea Bream, took two bites and couldn't eat it. It was fishy tasting and there wasn't any flavor beyond that. Very disappointing. Great ambience though.Special Features:
- disappointedtooplainfordollarsDined on 11/5/2014Craft has impeccable service, but the food was at best average. The "signature dish" of beef short ribs was plain and greasy. The beet slad likewise was without special touches or flavors. For the price point one would expect a higher level of culinary sophistication and complex and interesting flavors.
- Memorable MealdtrobDined on 11/2/2014Dinner at CRAFT was superb in every way. Because of a brief series of questions during the reservation confirmation process, our waiter (Peter) was aware of my special food needs (allergy and no meat) and also greeted us with a line from the Broadway show we had just seen. The food was the best I've had a many moons. Presentation was beautiful, service unobtrusive and efficient, and though the meal was pricey, well worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to my expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2014My wife and I visited Craft after the NYC marathon to celebrate. The restaurant is nicely lit and has a great ambiance. However, our service was really poor. After ordering wine and the meal, it took over an hour to get our entrée, We both enjoy a nice dinner, but were very hungry and disappointed. The manager came over and apologized, but didn't really explain or offer a solution. They sent out an extra side dish, well appreciated but it just turned out to be extra food that we didn't eat. The restaurant seems to be living on reputation. I expected much more for a $150 per person dinner.Special Features:
- NY NYTimourDined on 11/2/2014really the type of NY restaurant that Europeans expect, with excellent US-type food, efficient service, good wine list, good ambiance but with quietness and space between tables.Special Features:
- Simply outstandingjspurdyDined on 11/1/2014This was our first trip to the NY Reataurant after eating a CraftSteak in Vegas a number of times. It was outstanding in all aspects. The staff welcomed us as if we were regulars, explained the menu well, and made great recommendations. We will be back!Special Features:
- NOT UP TO PARSGFAVIPDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I have been to Craft on 3 occasions...the last leaving us questioning whether or not we will go back. The food is usually exceptional! Our appetizer was served room temperature, although delicious it was unacceptable in temperature. Our meal was also served room temperature...we finally said something and they just reheated the same food...which of course came back over cooked! This was an extremely costly dinner for such sub par cuisine.Special Features:
- Great food, long wait for mealFabdinerncDined on 11/1/2014Food was superb but it took a very long time, an hour, to get the main dishes after the salad. We had kids with us so long wants are not good plus the waiter never apologized or have us an update on the status of the meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craft is outstandingChipc3Dined on 11/1/2014What a wonderful restaurant! My wife and I went to NYC to celebrate our anniversary and Craft was clearly the highlight of the weekend. A beautiful restaurant, fantastic service and delicious food. It could have been better if we got to meet the Top Chef chef judge himself but now we know why he is the judge. This restaurant should be on everyone's list of places to eat when visiting NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspired, Meh...FoodieMcFoodingtonDined on 10/29/2014I've been to CraftSteak in Vegas (one of the best meals of my life), CraftSteak @ Foxwoods (decent meal, not as good as Vegas) and now Craft @ NYC. I went with a group of 5 and we ordered the tasting menu for dinner. I have to say I was not impressed. The first course was bland, under seasoned and not a complete dish. Padma would say 'Pack your knives and leave' over the first course. 2nd, 3rd & 4th courses were very good. Each seemed to be missing an element here or there. A little acid, a crunch, something. Good food but underwhelming. The meal was less than what I expected in execution and flavor. My lunch at Le Bernardin on the other hand, WOW!Special Features:
- Still One of the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/29/2014No matter how far and wide Tom C. has gone, the original is still one of the best in NYC. Top to bottom Craft doesn't disappoint. With a unique menu, sharing plates and something for everyone, the price is more than worth a night at Craft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014Craft made a special birthday even better. I liked the opportunity to share the appetizers and side dishes. Everything was cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- a fine tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014...excellent braised beef! However just a tad on the overpriced side at 135$ considering entire experienceSpecial Features:
- An Amazing dining experience!SooSabeDined on 10/27/2014Took my husband to Craft for his birthday. We did the tasting menu with wine pairing, it was an amazing experience. The food was great and the service outstanding!!! We love the room the lighting just perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really great spotnycfoodieDined on 10/27/2014The menu does truly change every day and was the perfect "fall" menu for our dinner. I went with a group of colleagues from work and it was the perfect combination of larger shared sides/appetizers and individuals mains. I think the service is usually great--our waiter forgot the brussel sprouts and when we reminded him, I think the preparation would have taken too long so we never did get the side but the manager came over and apologized/removed the cost of the other sides. We also received apple cider muffins on the way out which were the perfect treat the following morning. Overall, really great experience and I would highly recommend Craft for special occasions or a very seasonally perfect meal.Special Features:
- tsshepsVIPDined on 10/27/2014Fabulous food - love the family style concept. Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerNJfoodloverDined on 10/26/2014Everything was very tasty and cooked well. All of the service staff was very attentive as well as helpful in explaining dishes and how they are made. Good with recommendations...scallops were phenomenal and freshly caught. Acknowledged our anniversary with glasses of complimentary sparkling wine and a small dessert plate which was nice. Would go back to celebrate another occasion there most definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh but DisappointingHurricane32Dined on 10/26/2014I have been to Craft several times and fell in love with the inventiveness of the food, service, and ambience. I selected it this time for a friend from out of town so that she could experience New York fine dining. We were sorely disappointed. The beet salad was fresh but utterly tasteless. The scallops and monk fish were prepared nicely but unremarkable in their flavor. Freshness is favorable, but the food had no umph. The fruit plate was sparse with green apples and soggy pears. The little amuse bouche served at the beginning was tasty. The miniature brownie at the end was stale. Wine was excellent and waiter very knowledgeable, although he tauted the tasteless beets.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceCCheungVIPDined on 10/26/2014Staff were extremely friendly and very knowledgeable of every dish and wine. Food was excellent, so fresh and well seasoned! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb and special!PerfectionVIPDined on 10/25/2014The wine list is literally a book! The sommelier was brilliant! And did not try to steer us toward the most expensive, just the best suited for what we wanted. The food was outstanding and the service was perfection.Special Features:
- MtischDined on 10/25/2014I wasn't wild about the food which had to be sent back to the kitchen because it was undercooked.The service was good,and the staff was very attentive and apologetic about our chicken dishes being undercooked. It's a very pleasant atmosphere,and I would return for a brunch or lunch,and I would recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodTwixDined on 10/22/2014Love Craft! We always save this for a special occasion. Chef Tom Colicchio does not disappoint!Special Features:
- Delicious and Great AtmosphereCondesaVIPDined on 10/22/2014We had dinner at Craft for the first time, this will not be our last. It was explained to us that the salads and side dishes were meant to be shared; they were 2 generos servings. We each had a pasta entree that were both tasty. Everything wa perfectly cooked the flavors were lively. Now I want to go back for the tasting menu...Special Features:
- Great MealTenPanDined on 10/21/2014Had a wonderful meal at Craft for a birthday celebration. Enjoyed a number of solid dishes including a pork belly and mustard seed appetizer and a mackerel sashimi-style dish. Our mains included a wonderfully prepared monkfish, red snapper, and a spaghetti carbonara that definitely stood out. I think the pricing is a little on the high side to be honest ($20-$30 for appetizers; $30-$50 for entrees), but the quality of the food and strong service does make you forget about the bill that will eventually arrive.Special Features:
- Food network fanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Great meal first tasting menu just perfect. The staff was very professional and helpful.Special Features:
- LovelyCatLn8vDined on 10/18/2014This was our second time at Craft. The first time we sat at the bar (walk-in, no reservation) and had a great time talking with the bartender while we enjoyed a great dinner. This time we reserved a table and ordered the tasting menu with wine pairings. The food was thoughtful and well-executed, and the wines were generally delightful and interesting (although one wine was just good, not remarkable). Our waiter, Cesar, was fantastic, and the entire wait staff handled the logistics of the multiple courses very efficiently and without being intrusive or overly solicitous. It was just a lovely evening and a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Loved it!craftfan1Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I had an amazing dinner at Craft. We were celebrating a birthday and all of the staff seemed to go out of their way to make our night special from the moment they greeted us at the door, a special dinner menu for the guest of honor and finally with a birthday candle to blow out at the end. The scallops, potatoes gratin and brussels sprouts were all delish and the chocolate souffle was the perfect ending to a perfect dinner. We will definitely head back to Craft the next time we are in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JuanpaDined on 10/18/2014Fantastic experience. Delicious dishes and good plating. Cesar, our server that night was great, adding more and more value to our dinner at Craft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal ever!HaygsDined on 10/13/2014My wife and I had been wanting to go here for a long time. I figured out anniversary was the best time to go. Every part of our experience was incredible! The service was amazing and the food...oh my god! It was the best meal either of us have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.