2440 Victory Park Lane
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craftrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2143974111
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday 8:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:00am-2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm-10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30pm-11:00pm, Sunday 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Bevins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Craft Dallas
The menu at craft | DALLAS is American Contemporary and is completely a la carte. First courses, meats, fish and side dishes are all ordered separately and served on platters in the center of the table. "I've always been attracted to Dallas because it has an amazing food culture," states Tom Colicchio, chef/owner of craft | DALLAS. craft | DALLAS' menu celebrates meat from artisanal ranchers, day boat fish and just-picked vegetables - the best seasonal ingredients prepared simply and with finesse. Many favorites from the craft New York menu are also prepared by chef de cuisine Tim Bevins including Braised Beef Short Ribs, Gnocchi and Hen of the Woods Mushrooms. Desserts created by Pastry Chef Laurel Wimberg include a mix-and-match list of pastries and custardsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Craft Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2012Maybe because I was because I went for brunch but I wasn't impressed with this restaurant at all. The waitstaff was rude & didn't offer any suggestions when asked. The variety of the brunch menu was disappointing, I left wishing I had made a bowl of cereal at home because that would have been a better experience.
- This was my fourth visit toRWBGVIPDined on 8/18/2012This was my fourth visit to Craft over the past several months. We love the atmosphere and food but have found the service to be consistently poor and unattentive.
- Although the ambience andRhendyDined on 8/17/2012Although the ambience and service were excellent, I was somewhat disappointed in the food. I expected more originality and unique blending of ingredients and flavors in the menu for a restaurant of this caliber and reputation.
- Wonderful place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2012We went to Craft for our 26th wedding anniversary and I noted this when I made the reservation with Open Table. Our wait staff captain (Fernando) was awesome. He immediately congratulated us on our anniversary and then brought out some excellent complimentary champagne. He also brought us a complimentary appetizer - the Chicken Liver Mousse & Sherry. It was amazing. We ordered the Salmon and Beef Short Ribs as entrees with sides of Shiitake mushrooms and Gratin potatoes. Everything was outstanding and the service was phenomenal. I would highly recommend Craft to anyone celebrating a special occasion. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Craft has a great atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012Craft has a great atmosphere, excellent service, and good food that is fresh and interesting. I never say this, because desserts are not my thing, but the dessert was the best I ever ate. Shortbread, peanut butter ice cream, and strawberry sorbet. It is pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- what a shame to see this gem go.jinxlovesbruncDined on 7/30/2012What a gem set in the victory Park area of Dallas, so sad that it is closing it's door in order to open a GASTROPUB. I do acknowledge that the cost might keep people from dining there everyday, but seriously you can get out for less and still enjoy a divine meal. So Sorry that Starwood and Craft have ended their association, this is a gem that will be missed in Dallas.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/29/2012Wonderful food, wonderful staff and wonderful venue. I am sad to see it go.Special Features:
- Food was good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2012Food was good but not great. Waited a bit too long, lavender ice cream tastes too strong, needs to tone down the recipe.Special Features:
- Everything about this restaurantLovedVivoDined on 7/20/2012Everything about this restaurant was fantastic. From the second we walked in until the second we left. The food was amazing with excellent service. As we left that day we were sad to hear from someone in the bar area that Craft was closing at the end of July 2012, I can only hope that this is not true.Special Features:
- We were guests at The W &OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012We were guests at The W & ate there to celebrate my husband's birthday. We ordered the quail, farm raised chicken, yukon potatoes, okra & tomatoes, & asparagus. Our bill came out to $81.19. The food was decent but some of the prices were ridiculous. They had steaks listed on the menu for $63 & $98. They are very "crafty" in trying to make you order more food just to run your bill up. They will tell you that your main course will take over 45 mins to prepare. Then a waiter brought out this liquid with mango for us to "wet our palette" before our main course came out. Personally, I think they were going to try to add that to our bill but since we didn't drink it the waiter came & abruptly swept if off our table.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2012This was our first visit to Craft, and we are sad to know that it's closing. The hosts were AWESOME! We hope everyone stays around for the next planned restaurant.Special Features:
- Constently wonderfuldpiekarskiVIPDined on 7/13/2012As always, Craft Dallas provided a perfect dining experience. My wife and I come to Craft a few times a year and the quality is always perfect and the atmosphere excellent.Special Features:
- Food was way too overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2012Food was way too overpriced for what it tasted like. Don't waste your money
- Food and service was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012Food and service was excellent, would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/24/2012We have dined at Craft in NYC and numerous times at Craftsteak in Las Vegas. Craftsteak is one of our favorite places to eat. The food is outstanding and we receive incredible service. Our recent experience in New York was also excellent. We went to Craft in Dallas for Sunday brunch anticpating the level of service amd quality meal we expeienced at other Craft restaurants. The restaurant was practically deserted. The wait staff was inattentive and unfriendly, bordering on rude. The service we have to come to expect from a Craft restaurant was non-existent. The food was decent but for the prices, we expected much more.
- If you want upscale diningGrayDined on 6/23/2012If you want upscale dining you will not find here. The service made the experience more in line with dining at a local mexican cafe.Special Features:
- Worth every penny...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012Great atmosphere! Craft is right downtown across from the AT&T Center, so perfect for a special meal before an event. As always, the food was incredible! Everything is served family style, which makes for a fun and unique fine dining experience. My favorite parts of the meal were the Heritage Pork Rib Chop & Smoked Bacon and the Yukon Gold Purée. Utterly delicious. Also the Sticky Toffee Pudding is the best thing on the planet.Special Features:
- Great food. Good size portionsParkerDined on 6/16/2012Great food. Good size portions relative to most fine dining establishments. Great spot in Downtown Dallas.Special Features:
- Perfect night.ps45princessVIPDined on 6/5/2012We were here for our 2 year anniversary. Food was beyond excellent, my husband asked if the chef was able to prepare a dish differently than was listed and the waitstaff and chef were excited about doing this, not just ok with it. Service was perfectly attentive and impeccable, the ambiance was warm and casual but romantic and intimate. Wine list was delicious, they were happy to have us sample wine that was by the glass prior to tasting and after I had ordered my choice, the waiter brought out an additional large sample of one just because it was his favorite. My husband is still talking about the small details of the meal and it was an amazing time. Not inexpensive, but great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful asOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2012The food was wonderful as always. New York Strip melted in our mouths. Beignets were light and airy as always.Special Features:
- The short ribs were juicy,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/2/2012The short ribs were juicy, tender, flavorful, and nothing short of amazing! Sugar snap peas very tasty! The roasted quail was tender and pretty much deboned for you and doing so allows you to enjoy the quail without fighting the little bones. The Halibut was a little "fishy" tasting, but the flavor was there, though would not order again. Service was very good and accommodating...except when you try to split the check. A certain waitstaff (not our particular waiter, who was very good) made it very clear that he was not happy with having to "do extra work" and made us feel downright ashamed that we even asked. But we know better than to pass up a good place because of ONE chap's poor manners!Special Features:
- Great spot for pre concertFloMofoodieVIPDined on 6/1/2012Great spot for pre concert dining and to get the party started. Attentive service, fantastic wine list and cool atmosphere. We'll be back again and again!!Special Features:
- Food was excellent! the risottoXerxesDined on 5/28/2012Food was excellent! the risotto side might have been the best item we ordered and it would be a mistake to not get it. the short rib and bone in rib eye for 2 were also great.Special Features:
- Service was poor, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/27/2012Service was poor, food was okay and the prices were very high
- the food was ok, definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/26/2012the food was ok, definitely not worth the price. we should have gone somewhere else. We were one of the last tables there and left a personal item behind, that dissappeared without a trace. the staff was dishonest and crooks.
- A little quiet on a ThursdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2012A little quiet on a Thursday night but food was great! We were looking for a little more energy!Special Features:
- The short ribs were excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012The short ribs were excellent, tender succulent and prepared to perfection. My wife who rarely if ever eats fished was blown away by the halibut. For a fiinishbtou our dinner we selected several items and were blown away by the banana crunch ice cream.Special Features:
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012We took my mom there for mothers day brunch...while there wasn't anything that stood out as bad, I was not really impressed. Not sure I'd go back for those prices...
- Great for your specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Wife and I spent our anniversary there. The menu was great, the food was great and the service was excellent. The staff went above and beyond for our special occasion. Very nice restaurant with great service. Highly recommend for a special occasion or for those who really enjoy great food and can afford spending a little more.Special Features:
- As always, the food was scrumptulesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/6/2012As always, the food was scrumptulescent and the service was exceptional. THIS is how food should be made. DELISH!!!Special Features:
- Great Location - Do Ask QuestionsBdayDined on 4/28/2012Centrally located near the exciting Victory Plaza area outside of the AAC and near numerous local attractions, Craft is a great spot for dinner before/after a sporting event, concert, or just a dinner night out. Situated inside the W Hotel and within walking distance of many other hot spots we find the dinner spot to be wonderful. We will continue to visit from time to time.
- Come prepared to dine. EachOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/28/2012Come prepared to dine. Each plate is a culinary experience and meant to be enjoyed slowly until the next arrives.Special Features:
- WOW! What service and whatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2012WOW! What service and what food! It was an incredible experience!Special Features:
- Great celebration @ CraftJoseFDined on 4/22/2012It was our first time here and we were here for a special celebration. The entire staff (led by Matt) was outstanding and made us feel very welcome and at ease. Everything we tried on the menu was excellent and we also received several complementary items including something for breakfast the next day. We had a fabulous time and we will back.Special Features:
- salads - Arugula & lemon;JimBobVIPDined on 4/21/2012salads - Arugula & lemon; Artichoke; Fennel & Ruby Red Grapefruit - All Great! First Courses - Foie Gras & Strawberries; Pork Belly; Veal Sweetbreads - No losers here either! Main Courses - Pork Shank; Pork Chop; Quail - Another Great Round of Indulgence Sides - Turnips; Sugar snap peas; Broccolini; Gnocchi; Yukon Gold Puree - Perfecto! Desserts - Beignets; chocolate chip cookies with vanilla malt ice cream; cheese cake - All Wow! Good Wine List; Very Attentive Service; What's not to Like!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Overall the food at CraftOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2012Overall the food at Craft Dallas was amazing. There were some items that were sub-par and seemed a little out of place (the Flounder with Gribiche for example). We were quite surprised at how empty the restaurant was on a Friday night. Our waiter recommended that we all order a first, second, and a side. However, that was way too much food. The portions may be smaller than what is usual, but the food is heavy and very filling. While we did order dessert and it was fantastic, we probably wouldn't have if we new we would be getting truffles, oatmeal raisin cookies, caramel popcorn, and fresh panacotta with pineapple as compliments of the kitchen.Special Features:
- Food and service is alwaysTerryVIPDined on 4/20/2012Food and service is always exceptional and the room is especially fabulous if you like modern design.Special Features:
- Dinner here was amazing. ThebabyDined on 4/20/2012Dinner here was amazing. The service was impeccable, the food was delicious, and then there were all the little extras that just made our evening spectacular. We were celebrating my husband's birthday, and they really made his night very special.Special Features:
- Ridiculous pricesBswdallasVIPDined on 4/13/2012Ridiculous pricing keeps this restaurant from being a worthwhile experience. There is no good reason to pay $50 for a steak that is no better than a steak you can buy for $10-15 less at a nearby restaurant, just for the privilege of being in the hip environs of the W Hotel. Otherwise, it was fun, and the waitstaff was excellent.
- ALWAYS IMPRESSEDOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/11/2012ALWAYS IMPRESSED WITH THE CUISINE AT CRAFT. THIS TIME WE WERE LIMITED BY TIME AND HAD A THEATER SHOW TO ATTEND AFTERWARDS. OUR SERVICE WAS PROMPT AND ATTENTIVE. WE HAD A THREE COURSE MEAL AND STILL MADE OUR SHOW IN TIME. I ALWAYS HAVE THE ARUGULA AND LEMON SALAD. IT'S SUPERB- SIMPLE, LIGHT AND DELICIOUS. I ALSO RECOMMEND THE DIVER SCALLOPS AND HEN OF THE WOODS, AND BRUSSEL SPROUTS. ONE OF MY FAVORITE DESSERTS ANYWHERE IS THE STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING- HAND'S DOWN. I'M NOT SURE WHY THERE ARE SOME NEGATIVE RATINGS, I'VE ONLY HAD EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCES HERE.Special Features: