Crabtree's Kittle House
11 Kittle Road
Chappaqua, NY 10514Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Crabtree's Kittle House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kittlehouse.com/
- Phone: 9146668044
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7:30am - 10:30am
Sunday Brunch: 11:30pm - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jay Lippin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring the Kittle House to your house! Whether you’re planning an intimate dinner party in your dining room, an extravagant luxury affair or a finger lickin' barbecue in your backyard, our friendly, professional hospitality team will tend to all the details. Simple to elegant, you’ll see how we transform the elements of our Hudson Valley cuisine into an event that truly reflects your personal style and taste. Select the wines for your event from our internationally famous Wine Cellar, one of the greatest collections of fine wines in the world.
- Entertainment: Live piano music every Friday and Saturday nights in The Tap Room
- Special Events: In addition to our monthly Winemaker Dinners, which we conduct in conjunction with a high profile winery or wine celebrity, we are happy to customize your own wine dinner. Pick a theme (vintage, region, varietal etc.) and we'll create your unique event.
- Cross Street: Route 117 and Kittle Road
- Public Transit: Harlem Line Metro North from Grand Central to either the Chappaqua or Mt. Kisco Stations. Five minute taxi ride - taxi's available at both stations.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Large private lot available, professional valet parking offered weekends, holidays and very busy evenings.
A word from Crabtree's Kittle House
Built in 1790 as a barn and named for local farmer John Kittle, the farm to table connection that began back then continues today at Crabtree's Kittle House. Internationally renowned for its Wine Spectator Grand Award wine list, superlative hospitality and contemporary American cuisine, it is a sophisticated country dining experience located only 45 minutes from Manhattan. Whether stopping in for a casual meal in the Tap Room or planning a formal intimate celebration from 2 to 200 guests, you'll find something for everyone and every occasion at Crabtree's Kittle House. The culinary team focuses on the local bounty of the Hudson Valley, from the casual Tap Room menu of salads, LaFrieda burgers & fresh cold shellfish to the more refined cuisine on the a la carte and Chef's Tasting menus, available in both the Tap Room & Dining Room. And nowhere is there a greater selection of fine wines (5000!) and other libations. Also a Bed & Breakfast, there are 13 rooms for overnight accommodationsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Crabtree's Kittle House - Best Restaurants in Chappaqua ›
Crabtree's Kittle House reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)fit for foodies (56)romantic (51)great for brunch (45)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (32)scenic view (31)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- UnderratedwprtVIPDined on 10/17/2014Having eaten at many well-established Manhattan restaurants serving similar cuisines, the Kittle House is clearly underrated. We had the prix fix and it was wonderful - both the salad and soup were excellent, the flank steak perfectly done (reminds me of Quality Meats actually), and the cheesecake dessert was great for our taste (not too sweet). Including a glass of wine the bill for the 2 of us was about $110, really good value for money for a nice Friday night out.Special Features:
- Love this placeImafoodieDined on 10/13/2014The Kittle House never fails to please. Excellent food, wine selection,ambience. I don't know how they do it. Night after night, always the same exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014As always we are never disappointed with a meal at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchHappy1Dined on 10/5/2014Most of the foods offered, not fully cooked or baked. This is much unlike items on the dinner menu.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Food quality was OK but 40 percent overpriced. Service was not personal.Special Features:
- Chappequa's Gem!taritamDined on 10/1/2014I'd only heard about Kittle House as an event space and was so happy with our choice to stay and dine for our wedding anniversary. The house is old and quaint and the room provided to us was spacious, clean, with a wonderful mattress and linens. Provided for a great nights sleep. We had a dinner reservation for 6pm and it was perfect! I highly recommend a midweek stay for more personalized service. The experience at the bar was wonderful, it was a fully and nicely stocked bar and the bar tender was wonderful. Their wine list is overwhelming, but for a real enthusiast, top notch. From the captain to the wait staff, everyone was helpful and attentive and the food was simply off the charts. Put it on your list!Special Features:
- Very Good Food and ServiceJohnDined on 9/30/2014My only complaints: 1) Food was generally very good, but somewhat too salty. My wife and I began eating a low sodium diet a few years ago after some health issues. The sodium levels in most of the dishes were a bit extreme. 2) They had background music playing that was unnecessary, and not particularly conducive to a quiet evening with friends. It would be great if they turned it off. Otherwise, the food wsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/27/2014Great reviews, great reputation and mediocre food. The menu needs creativity and far better execution.
- Lacking flavor and serviceSnowQueen5Dined on 9/24/2014The service and food "formula" lacks attention to detail. We ordered red but got white (Oh, sorry, they are for another table). I ordered soup and my guests salads came right after that but, wait, they were the wrong salads (Oh, sorry, they are for another table). I waited for their salads to arrive, and, thinking it would be soon, I did not eat my soup. It took quite awhile until the right salads were prepared but my soup was cold. It lacked the flavor promised on the menu as did my chicken thigh main course. Sweet girl who took our wine orders asked if we had asked for the second wine or the fourth one listed on the menu. She was not sure what they were.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experiencenoelDined on 9/20/2014We choose the Kittle House to celebrate all of our special milestones, from anniversaries, birthdays to job promotions. The food and service are impeccable. Extensive wine and drink menu. Always a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceCNYCVIPDined on 9/20/2014They struggled with having too many bookings and couldn't keep up. Each person had a specific job to perform and they were not flexible. Will not go back.
- jkmmdmjaVIPDined on 9/14/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. The food is prepared carefully and is utterly delicious. The service is friendly and courteous. A great dining experience.Special Features:
- Too busyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Had wedding going on when I went there for dinner. Too crowded and very distracting. Hostess could be a lot nicer too the patrons. Hostess told us we could wait at the bar while our table was being prepared but the whole wedding party was there and you couldn't get in.
- Lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014First time at restaurant did not disappoint us. Monday night lobster was wonderful. Great experience.Special Features:
- DisappointedAskbe4udineDined on 9/6/2014Don't ever book a dinner there on the same night as a wedding is going on. It is just too busy to have a relaxing dinner while watching all the hustle and bustle going on. We were a group of 6 and were seated right at the top of the stair way leading to the wedding. The wait staff was up and down all night passing our table each time. Also the wedding guests were up and down using the rest rooms and passes our table each time as well. I would never go back if there is a wedding going on that evening.....way too busy! I suggest asking when making a reservation if they are hosting a wedding that night. If so don't go!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Upon arrival at the restaurant , it was very chaotic & noisy- there was a wedding reception & a 60th birthday party just about to start - we arrived just as all members of both parties were converging at the lobby area which was not large enough to accommodate all of the people simultaneously . The noise level soon became bearable & we had a quiet dinner . The food was good but not outstanding .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteMelchumVIPDined on 9/5/2014Love this place for 23 years-- still fresh. Our daughter will be getting married here next year! Great food every time, and a blow-away wine list/cellar. A recent discovery: possibly the best burger I've ever had-- who would figure?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant diningLovegoodfoodDined on 9/3/2014Ate outside. It was incredibly beautiful. Food was great. Prices are fair. Service was attentive. A true find.Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiGDined on 9/2/2014We have occasionally dined at Crabtree's Kittle House on special occasions for many years. For our 35th wedding anniversary, we were treated like royalty! I had mentioned the anniversary when I booked the reservation a month prior. We were given a table with the best view, several staff members came over to wish us a happy anniversary, and our desserts arrived with candles and a special anniversary wish written along the rim of the plate. The food is always perfect and this was no exception. I would highly recommend The Kittle House for any occasion. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought I was in Europe!UWSDinerVIPDined on 8/19/2014I invited a friend for lunch to celebrate her birthday. The beautiful garden was available so we sat outside and were the only ones there. The service was attentive without being intrusive and the maitr'd took excellent care of all of our requests. The food was great - fresh lobster salad accompanied by a superb Sancerre. We really thought we had been transported to a European cafe - it was a a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Still wonderful...griffinDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I were married here ten years ago. The food and atmosphere were important to us and the Kittle House did not disappoint. Went back for brunch this weekend to celebrate our ten year anniversary and the quality has not changed. Had a wonderful celebration with delicious food and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening!Ready4adventureDined on 8/15/2014From valet service on arriving to prompt and pleasant service from our wait staff, the evening was very pleasant and the food was terrific. I would have no hesitation in recommending this destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crabtree'sMandyobVIPDined on 8/14/2014Eaten here so many times, some better than others. Chopped salad delicious as usual, disappointing steak though, severely undercooked ( ordered medium ), had to return for extra time, unfortunately ended up eating alone as my other 2 guests had finished by the time my dinner returned : ( Dessert was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBluedevilDined on 8/12/2014Very average food at a high end expensive restaurant. Excellent bread and attentive service. Needed to slow down service. Need new chef. Would not recommend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014As Always this restaurants never disappoints. Food, staff, and the manager were their for our dining pleasure. The wine and after dinner drinks were delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LobsterFranPDined on 8/11/2014Went for the special Monday night lobster dinner. Lobster was fresh and delicious. My husband has the eggplant Parmesan which was a bit dry but acceptable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner worth itCmd1Dined on 8/3/2014All I can say is that this place lived up to the hype. Everything was great my two issues are. The wine list while great they need to add more bottles in the 40-75 buck range. It was a special occasion so I splurged slightly. But besides that I like to be able to enjoy coffee/tea with my dessert not broken apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfyingicecreamVIPDined on 8/1/2014Another great meal at Kittle House. They accommodated us in a small room (the one off to the left where they serve brunch on Sundays) because the tap room was closed and let us order off the tap room menu in there, which was much appreciated. Service was friendly and more organized than usual and we enjoyed our whole meal from start to finish. Never rushed here, which is so nice...
- Good Food but OverpricedLuvGoodFoodDined on 7/27/2014We had apps of Foie Gras & Tagliatelle with Crab Meat, they were both tasty. I had the Loin of Lamb & he had the 60 year old dry aged steak. The lamb came with creamed potatoes & Brussels sprouts. It was nice but there was nothing special about it & I've often had nice dinners for half the price. The Steak was served with a stack of onions fried in batter & a side of creamed spinach, the fried onions was over the top & greasy. He would have preferred potatoes or fries. The steak was definitely not dry aged or 60 year old & not worth $45. It was just a regular overcooked steak. Desert was nice. The 3 course meal with 1 drink each was $240 incl. gratuity. I've had far nicer meals in any restaurant in Bronxville for half the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch 7/27/2014Luv2eatDined on 7/27/2014Oysters were TERRIBLE. Warm & dirty. Raw seafood bar a disappointment. Ran out of Filet Mignon! NOT good! Salmon was really good.Special Features:
- InconsistentluvgoodfoodDined on 7/26/2014Dining here is always an adventure because of consistency. Cocktails - disappointment, ordered an Old Fashioned and had to send it back due to a white object floating and the drink was poorly made - no muddling of the fruit. The Hamachi crudo, which should be thin sliced and cold, was warm and thick sliced but the pasta dish, tagliatelle with blue crab and chilis was good. When I asked for the wine list, I was not given the full list - perhaps because I am a woman - had to ask for it. A restaurant of this supposed quality should ask me which I would prefer. Also, the dining room is tired looking and old. A lot of bugs flying around which does not speak to what one should experience here. All in all, an okay meal but not what it could be.
- Amazing dining experiencenoelDined on 7/25/2014Kittle House is our favorite restaurant! We celebrate all of our important milestones here, from birthdays and anniversaries to job promotions. They never disappoint- we have an exceptional dining experience every time from the impeccable service to the delicious food. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kittle HouseScorpioDined on 7/22/2014Always great food and service. Great look to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a classic falls from graceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Kittle House used to be our go-to for birthdays and other special occasions. It used to have good food, an elegant atmosphere, and impeccable service - but no longer! From the time we were seated, we were ignored. We were not given menus for the longest time, then the manager took our drink order only to return and say they were out of that given wine. Once our substitute bottle of white arrived and was served WARM, we were left for over a half hour without a server coming to meet us or take our order. When we finally requested that a server from a neighboring table find our server, she graciously took our order. The food was subpar and cold -all of it. Once dessert rolled around, the manager reappeared. What a disappointing birthday.
- Great special occasion brunch.foodiefamilyDined on 7/20/2014We celebrated my parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary with my two elementary school age girls at Crabtree's Kittle House. The food was excellent, and they had sufficient options to keep the adults and the two children happy. The waiters and other staff were very attentive and professional, and even dealt with a very difficult guest seated at a neighboring table to ours with sensitivity. The staff were also helpful with regard answering questions about my daughter's food allergy.Special Features:
- yummyVIPDined on 7/16/2014The Kittle House never disappoints. The tap room is always comfortable and welcoming.Special Features:
- IrisVIPDined on 7/11/2014Always consistently delicious in every way. Great food, great service, great ambience.Special Features:
- SabinaVIPDined on 7/11/2014The broadcast music was way too loud. Of course, the dining room was pretty empty. The food was great, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food never disappointsAnnSBVIPDined on 7/10/2014The food never disappoints... delicious, beautifully plated and prepared. The setting is quietly elegant, however the service is not at the level you would expect at a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent, as was the service. You could sit, relax and enjoy the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.