Crabtree's Kittle House
11 Kittle Road
Chappaqua, NY 10514Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Crabtree's Kittle House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kittlehouse.com/
- Phone: (914) 666-8044
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:30pm - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jay Lippin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring the Kittle House to your house! Whether you’re planning an intimate dinner party in your dining room, an extravagant luxury affair or a finger lickin' barbecue in your backyard, our friendly, professional hospitality team will tend to all the details. Simple to elegant, you’ll see how we transform the elements of our Hudson Valley cuisine into an event that truly reflects your personal style and taste. Select the wines for your event from our internationally famous Wine Cellar, one of the greatest collections of fine wines in the world.
- Entertainment: Live piano music every Friday and Saturday nights in The Tap Room
- Special Events: In addition to our monthly Winemaker Dinners, which we conduct in conjunction with a high profile winery or wine celebrity, we are happy to customize your own wine dinner. Pick a theme (vintage, region, varietal etc.) and we'll create your unique event.
- Cross Street: Route 117 and Kittle Road
- Public Transit: Harlem Line Metro North from Grand Central to either the Chappaqua or Mt. Kisco Stations. Five minute taxi ride - taxi's available at both stations.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Large private lot available, professional valet parking offered weekends, holidays and very busy evenings.
A word from Crabtree's Kittle House
Built in 1790 as a barn and named for local farmer John Kittle, the farm to table connection that began back then continues today at Crabtree's Kittle House. Internationally renowned for its Wine Spectator Grand Award wine list, superlative hospitality and contemporary American cuisine, it is a sophisticated country dining experience located only 45 minutes from Manhattan. Whether stopping in for a casual meal in the Tap Room or planning a formal intimate celebration from 2 to 200 guests, you'll find something for everyone and every occasion at Crabtree's Kittle House. The culinary team focuses on the local bounty of the Hudson Valley, from the casual Tap Room menu of salads, LaFrieda burgers & fresh cold shellfish to the more refined cuisine on the a la carte and Chef's Tasting menus, available in both the Tap Room & Dining Room. And nowhere is there a greater selection of fine wines (5000!) and other libations. Also a Bed & Breakfast, there are 13 rooms for overnight accommodationsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Crabtree's Kittle House - Best Restaurants in Chappaqua ›
Crabtree's Kittle House reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)fit for foodies (95)romantic (74)notable wine list (71)great for brunch (64)neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (52)scenic view (47)great for lunch (47)great for outdoor dining (20)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (6)Show More
- Crabtree Kittle HouseMandyobVIPDined on 11/17/2014Been here a million times, excellent lunch!! Great selection, delicious food, great service & amazing value. We shall return again & again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPER!!!!rontVIPDined on 11/16/2014We frequent the Kittle House fairly often and have yet to be disappointed. The food and service is always top-notch. There's no way to describe the wine list but instead of being overwhelmed, just ask to speak to Leo. He will choose the right wine for you. We have been at the restaurant for a wine dinner in the wine room, brunch, lunch, catered affairs and dinner. All were suoer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crabtree kittle HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014A delicious early Sunday dinner!!! Tender short ribs that melted in my mouth paired with broccolini and polenta. A meal to remember!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect lunch for a winter's day.BriaroseDined on 11/15/2014The food was plentiful, creative and delicious. The waiters were responsive but not intrusive. Of course the atmosphere is terrific-- will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONAL DINING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Crabtree Kittle House was a superb DINING experience. Everything from the food, ambiance, service was exceptional. We were so impressed by the attention to detail. Don't deprive yourself of this heavenly culinary experience. Make your reservations soon if you haven't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special lunchGreatalfescofindDined on 11/14/2014Went during Restaurant Week and wasn't disappointed! Food was delicious and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drqueDined on 11/14/2014I recently had lunch at the Kittle House with three friends. The atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable. the wait staff are friendly and helpful. the food and the service are outstanding. We all ordered the short ribs which were delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014The food was fantastic. It was fresh, cooked well and bursting with flavors. The service inside the restaurant was attentive and exactly what you deserve. However, the valet service was horrendous. When you arrive, they knock on your window (more like a pound) and imply an impatient attitude that is simply "rude". Upon leaving, it was a comedy skit waiting to happen. The car door was left ajar as I proceeded around the car one way and the guy left the car unattended walking away in the opposite direction. I was then honked at by the other attendant to move my car and then another pound on the window! Yes, he returns for his tip which he realized he did not get as he walked around the back of my car as I went in the front. Yes, he then showed the value of patience as I opened the window with the money that I was holding from the beginning. Ideally, if you leave in the family neighborhood where they are located you should walk and enjoy the fabulous food. If you need to drive, think twice about going there unless you like disrespect! Also, remember to put earplugs in as the car radio was left on blasting even though it was off when I went into dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very FineWeschester RestaurantsCriticVIPDined on 11/11/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Westchester. Beautiful setting. Exceptional service. Terrific selection of wines. Consistently good food.Special Features:
- Night OutThe6LadiesDined on 11/11/2014Great food and service. Nice varied "Restaurant Week" menu. Really good prices on wine by the glass and the house wines were more than adequate and pleasing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2PoundRidgeFoodies2PoundRidgeFoodiesDined on 11/11/2014As usual Kittle House lived up to its well earned reputation! All was as expected. If you can't afford to go for the regularly priced menu I highly recommend going during Restaurant Week. While a limited menu, the food, service and ambiance are the same as if you were ordering from the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Our Favorite in WestchesterFrancesVIPDined on 11/11/2014We have been to the Kittle House many times, most recently for Hudson Valley Restaurant Week. Arrival at the beautiful mansion, after a drive through leafy Westchester, is always a pleasure. The welcome and the service are unfailingly warm, helpful and professional. We always get a table near the window to look over the pleasing landscape, but the room is light filled and comfortable wherever you sit. The menu is varied, modern and Hudson Valley inspired and we have never, ever been disappointed. Indeed, our meal is often even better than we anticipate which makes for a happy experience. On this last visit my cocktail was so good that I savored it like a dessert. We love the Kittle House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week - Very GoodFoody4UDined on 11/10/2014I have been coming to Crabtree's Kittle House for over 10 years. The food & wine, as always, above-par, tonight there were a few minor misses. Restaurant week: I ordered an underseasoned Cesar salad. My guest had the Lobster Bisque & Salad Soup...Superb, awesome, you name it, the flavors were there! My entree was a breast of chicken served over a garlic mashed potato...delicious! My guest was served a "Block" of meat, which was the first time I've ever seen short ribs that way. The polenta it sat on was terrific, but the meat had to be cut with a knife...contrary to short ribs expectations. Desert - Okay, if you go to the Kittle House, there is no question in my mind that you aren't going to LOVE the deserts!Special Features:
- Greatlov2dineDined on 11/10/2014White tablecloth charming place. Service was very good along with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Restaurant Week OptionbeachloverDined on 11/10/2014I had the braised short ribs of beef which were very good. The restaurant is elegant and the service attentive. The autumn leaves outside were a lovely addition to the setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hud. Valley Restaurant Week treatDebongoutDined on 11/8/2014Very few local venues offer HVRW specials on Saturday night, but they did. Reservation just had to be after 930pm to get the prix-fixe menu. Decor is colonial warm and proper. The staff was gracious, attentive and accommodating. Highlights of the meal were lobster bisque app (fabulous!), as well as the creamy gelato trio for dessert. Main courses were good and nicely plated with perfectly sized portions, but not remarkable. Good food, great value. Had we paid "list price" for the meal, I might not say the same. Would have happily stayed for an after dinner cocktail in the very inviting, dimly lit bar with lounge music crooning from a baby grand piano, but by the time we finished dinner, they were already closing up for the night. Too bad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.MariaDined on 11/8/2014Everything from the lighting and the music to the attentiveness of the waitstaff and the delicious food was wonderful. We will definitely be back.
- Great For Special OccasionsmissbennettDined on 11/8/2014Excellent place for celebrations the special occasions in your life, with family and friends. A bit noisy when full and the center table is quite drafty whenever the front door opens and closes. The food was very, very good and the service was uniformly excellent. We recently celebrated a major birthday at the restaurant with friends and everyone praised the kitchen and the staff.Special Features:
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Old world ambience, delicious food and fine service. The kind of place you keep coming back to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Extraordinary, as usual. We are never disappointed by the Kittle House!Special Features:
- foodies2Dined on 11/7/2014we love this restaurant. can't wait to go back. lovely atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NonnaNonnaVIPDined on 11/7/2014Beautiful setting, good food,excellent service. Only drawback, nothing is served hot.Special Features:
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/6/2014We found the bar to be a more charming dining space than the dining room. We went during restaurant week and the prix fixe offered was great! It was a good first experience and we would return.Special Features:
- Terrific dining experiencehappyrn7Dined on 11/6/2014Food was delicious and the presentation great. Service was outstanding. Looking forward to eating there again/.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant lunchOutoftownerDined on 11/6/2014We've been to Kittle House several times, including 3 previous restaurant week lunches. The 2 previous restaurant week visits were not particularly notable so we were hesitant to return this year but we're glad we did. The food was well-prepared and flavorful. Probably the best salmon we've had in a long time. The kale salad was excellent. The desserts were not great but we didn't mind not eating too much dessert. The one downer is the parking. There are a few self-parking spots along the driveway but they fill up fast and you have to use the valet parking which we'd prefer not to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elpaDined on 11/4/2014Food was very good (esp. the lobster bisque). Incredible wine list from which we selected a fine white burgundy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- silksilkDined on 11/4/2014I have been to the Kittle House on many occasions. This time, however, I was disappointed in the service. We had to wait to have our order taken, and had to ask several times to get lemons for our water and iced tea. One member of our party asked for more ice for her tea three times. It seems that the wait staff was indifferent, which had never happened before. I will still return since it is a lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week lunchJoanWVIPDined on 11/3/2014Overall disappointing. The service was fine. The ambiance was lovely. The food was ordinary. I had pumpkin risotto. It didn't have much taste and had a gluey consistency.The salmon was a thin piece that was dry and overcooked. The chocolate terrine dessert was excellent. Others had the salad appetizer and short ribs as their entree which they liked. Another diner had the chicken which she didn't like at all. It was fatty and she left most of it. Last year I went with my daughter who is in a wheelchair and they put us at a table in the bar. We were the only ones in there. Strange. I won't be back again.Special Features:
- Kittle HouseotterDined on 11/2/2014Enjoyed a lovely brunch at Kittle House. This was 'brunch' in the true sense, offering a perfect spread of meats, cheeses, breads, and breakfast/lunch items. Service was attentive yet unobtrusive and we enjoyed the luxury of lingering in conversation amidst the scenic view after finishing our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champion in ChappaquaRobbiVIPDined on 10/26/2014The best restsurant. The $38 prix fixe is awesome. It was our anniversary & they wrote it on our dessert plates & sang to us. My salmon was divine. Kittle Kat Crunch Bar was fabulous.Special Features:
- Very busyicecreamVIPDined on 10/26/2014On a Sunday night, it was very, very busy (surprisingly) and the service was very slow and erratic. Food, as always, pleased the palate, especially the perfect goat cheesecake dessert (not too sweet and balanced by sweet honey, spicy candied ginger and cooling pear ginger sorbet).Special Features:
- poor service at brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Servers had to be summoned coffee served was cold and poor quality one of my guests was not served coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Crabtree Kitttle HouseTerryVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great place for special occasion. Service, Food and ambiance great!Special Features:
- A remarkable experience.BravoZulu66Dined on 10/19/2014Our visit for Sunday Brunch, 19 Oct, was our first and it will not be the last. The ambience was excellent and our table (in the corner) was a perfect setting for conversation amongst long lost friends. The wait staff were very accommodating, attentive and friendly. The buffet selections offered a myriad of options and were enjoyed by all. The price point offers exceptional value taking into account the ambience and wonderfully prepared cuisine. A gem of place for brunch. And forget about those negative reviews about the service, as we found the team who serviced our table to be dedicated to warm hospitality.Special Features:
- Warm and cozy bar roomMeet2eatDined on 10/18/2014Although waiting an hour with a reservation wasn't fabulous, we are comforted by the cozy ambiance; enjoy the piano music and food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderratedwprtVIPDined on 10/17/2014Having eaten at many well-established Manhattan restaurants serving similar cuisines, the Kittle House is clearly underrated. We had the prix fix and it was wonderful - both the salad and soup were excellent, the flank steak perfectly done (reminds me of Quality Meats actually), and the cheesecake dessert was great for our taste (not too sweet). Including a glass of wine the bill for the 2 of us was about $110, really good value for money for a nice Friday night out.Special Features:
- Love this placeImafoodieDined on 10/13/2014The Kittle House never fails to please. Excellent food, wine selection,ambience. I don't know how they do it. Night after night, always the same exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014As always we are never disappointed with a meal at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchHappy1Dined on 10/5/2014Most of the foods offered, not fully cooked or baked. This is much unlike items on the dinner menu.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Food quality was OK but 40 percent overpriced. Service was not personal.Special Features: