Crab Spot Restaurant
833 Union Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Crab Spot Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (718) 622-2722
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:45pm,
Monday - Thursday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 2:00pm -10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
A word from Crab Spot Restaurant
Serving the freshest crab and seafood, Crab Spot has landed in the Park Slope neighborhood with a dynamic new menu and vibrant decor. Whether you're trying our Classic Dungeness Crab, Shrimp Trio, or our Alaskan Waters Selection, you'll be amazed at our selection and commitment to freshness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Crab Spot Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Crab Spot Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (16)romantic (15)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great seafoodladyliuDined on 11/8/2014Took my friend for her birthday food tasted excellent staff was friendly atmosphere was nice food came out quickly plan on going back I would definitely recommend the crab spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotBLC718Dined on 10/18/2014Food was great. Server was excellent. Manager was attentive. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good crab and good serviceDockimmyDined on 9/25/2014I'm not really a crab person my sister is but that's why went there for her birthday. The service was good the people are friendly. My mom had the lobster bisque my sister had the clam chowder, niece had the chicken wings, and I had the tacos with crab also for an appetizer. I enjoyed the chicken wings and a lobster bisque. The crap is good. nice amount of meat nice amount of legs and you don't feel bad at making a messSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place To EatBigTDined on 9/18/2014Pleanty of food at a great price. Staff is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotBedStuyresidentDined on 9/12/2014Our waiter was excellent, timely with suggestions and retrieving finished plates. The groupon was worth its' weight-the plate of seafood was tremendous. They did not skimp on the king crabs-which I love. I could do without the blue crabs but that's a personal choice- to much work for little meat. I tried 'the slope' restaurant's version of chocolate martinit-excellent! The restaurant is kid friendly for children 5 and above not below.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday with my sistersBirthdayGirl39Dined on 9/10/2014Really enjoyable, the waiter was hospitable and made his self seen in case anything was needed. I'd do it again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLovesubmissionsDined on 9/6/2014Excellent service great food .... Manager/owner came to check ...drinks were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad this place is in BrooklynOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I went twice this week...steam pots are great...great drinks...great service...no longer will I have to drive to Long Island...kid friendly too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, awesome price!!!!PrizDined on 8/26/2014This was my 2nd time at this restaurant and the food was awesome. Groupon has a coupon for $89. for a platter for 2 and hmmm hmmm hmmm was it great. I recommend everyone to get the groupon if you love seafood!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODmarciaDined on 8/23/2014Seafood could be more flavorful. corn was not sweet and had no tastes. Potatoes had no taste. the appetizers we order for 12.99 was for one person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestDedeDined on 8/16/2014Great food better than Joe's crab shack. The food has great flavor and my dining experience was wonderful. Waiters are polite and they are always coming to your table to make sure you have everything you need. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab a dabba doo!mcitoDined on 8/16/2014Our server was great. The bartender seemed to take an extra long time to get drinks prepped early in the meal. The food was good nothing to rave about but no complaints. If you want to get your steamed pot on, the choices are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How to ruin an appetiteSteakhunterDined on 8/15/2014The owner of this restaurant is rude and judgmental of the clientele that arrives. Despite calling in to say I was 15 minutes late upon arrival he acted as if it wasn't me and I had no business being there. If not for another employee that recognized I was the one who called things would have gotten ugly. The waiter was friendly and attentive. The behavior of the owner acting as if his establishment was for high class patrons brings the atmosphere of this restaurant down. A suit and tie does not make a person any more decent than the one in a tshirt. Come for the crab, leave out the tasteless blase steak.
- Birthday DinnerDazzel1718Dined on 8/13/2014I recently dined here for just two after hearing friends talk about it. I'm a seafood lover and the food was great. The service was great from start to finish with lovely workers. I enjoyed it so much I came back two days later with the whole family for my moms birthday. Everyone including the kids enjoyed their meal and prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Nice seafood.AlexanderFromTransnistriaDined on 8/2/2014It was first time when I ate so many different seafood at one place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great place to eat. CRAB LEGS ARE THE BEST. This place is very similar to JOE'S CRAB SHACK, but has a much better scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good convenient place in BrooklynOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Would go again. Nice ambience. Very nice vibe. The salmon was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Crab Spot Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good Seafood Dining ValueMikaDined on 7/22/2014The menu combinations are ample and delicious. The waitress and manager anticipated our every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice "Date Night" SpotMrsAjwDined on 7/20/2014Hubby & I were looking for a new spot to enjoy some surf&turf here in Brooklyn. We had a 7:30 reservation on a Sunday and was surprised to find the place pretty empty. The decor was cool & liked the music playing. Our waitress was very attentative & my pre dinner cocktail was on point! My husband had the surf&turf and although he said it was good, was a bit disappointed by the portion of his steak. I had the blackened salmon and enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine in style and peaceBigTimeFoodCriticDined on 7/16/2014Polite and hands on is an understatement. Our waitress helped us from greeting, to seating and through menu options. All 6 dishes were fantastic. To all be served at the same time, along with a waitress who checked on us frequently earned this restaurant a 5 star service rating. Food well seasoned to general customer satisfaction. Overall experience is differently a bragging one. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an OK findLesleyBDined on 7/15/2014the food was ok, the setting though was very nice. there were only 2 servers for about 20 tables. our server doubled as a runner and the other server was the bartender. The place was too busy for just 2 people. Oh did i forget to mention the buss boy was also assisting with serving. Meanwhile back at the ranch, the owners (I think they were the owners) just sat at the bar eating although 1 came around to ask about blue crabs. If it weren't for our server Jesse, I would give the service a 1 out of 5. I'd go there again if someone else was footing the bill. PS Do not get the nachos.Special Features:
- musingsbmarleyDined on 7/5/2014There needs to be bit more variety with lobster choices even though its a crab spot. Also more flavor choices for the crab would be great. The flow of waiters back and forth to food area is a bit chaotic especially with (1)bbathroom located in the waiter's service area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!SEAFOODLOVERDined on 6/14/2014My familt took me out to The Crab Spot for Fathers Day. Everything about the restaurant was excellent. The food, Service, atmosphere, and did i mention the Food!!!!!!!!!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother Daughter EveningPeechizDined on 6/13/2014My daughter & I enjoyed it. We had a 7:30pm reservation but because of the weather we got there much earlier. We were seated where we requested without hesitation or problem. Everyone from the host to the busboy (man) was nice. They bought biscuits (2 at a time) they were a little dry for my liking but eh... We ordered an appetizer (crab & shrimp nachos). I had the Queen Crab & my daughter had the Seaside Seafood. We both enjoyed our meal & we were both stuffed, we could not do dessert. Throughout our meal our waitress as well as the host occasionally checked on us. We did not have any issues. Bottom line the food was good, a little pricey but good none the less. The atmosphere was good, the service was great. I will go back. C FB review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy cursivOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Since January I've been to the crab spot 5 times and every time I go the experience is awesome... The staff is welcoming the food it great and the mood is relaxing... The owner is also a bonus he comes around he talks to u he greets u and he shows his appreciation... I give them 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland & dryLaRocqueenDined on 6/6/2014I like seafood. I chose this spot because we need a seafood place in Bklyn. Well this isn't it. They give you these dry small biscuits. The lobster roll was small & bland as were the mashed potatoes. Maybe I ordered the wrong item, but I don't think I'm going back. The dessert wasn't good either blah!Special Features:
- BuzzDined on 5/31/2014Crab Spot exceeded my expectations. I had a craving for seafood... crabs. I was expecting red lobster. The staff was attentive. Our waiter checked on us a number of times and made some excellent recommendations. It was a great bang for your buck. At the end of the night we were stuffed. With drinks, 2 appetizers, crab entree, dessert/coffee. The bill was less than $50 per person.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD GREAT PRICEMimaDined on 5/29/2014Our waitress was awesome, a very chic place with amazing quality food for amazing prices. Everyone on my party was completely satisfied and happy with their meals. Thanks for an awesome dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAndyDined on 5/17/2014I don't understand why this place isn't always packed. The crab and lobster are always perfectly prepared and generously portioned. It's not the fanciest or the hippest place in the neighborhood, but if you want a really, really good crab/lobster meal, it's hard to beat. We've taken out-of-town guests here more than once and it's always a hit.Special Features:
- A Great Mother's Day !JeannieDined on 5/11/2014I reserved a spot at your restaurant for five people for Mother's Day. From the time I learned about your restaurant, Crab Spot, at 833 Union Street, in Brooklyn, NY., I knew my family and friends would have a great Mother's Day. All of us love seafood and there is a large variety to choose from on the menu.You can check on line for menu specials and prices. I highly recommend Crab Spot. The food was excellent. Thank you. Jeannie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came for Mother's Day...DeezyDined on 5/11/2014I came here for mother's day w/ a 2pm reservation, and to my surprise it wasn't packed. There was a Mother's Day menu that we selected from - so I didn't see the main menu. But the options were great! I loved the lobster bisque, unfortunately it was luke warm, but had it been hotter it would've been EXCELLENT. The lobster steamed pot was amazing in the olive oil w/garlic. I loved it. The little neck clam appetizers were eghh. But overall, I think this was a great find, especially since there are no Joe's Crab shacks around. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Mothers Day 2014MsJayDined on 5/11/2014My family and I went to Crab Spot for mother's day lunch/dinner. The meal was tasty and plentiful. The lobster bisque had plenty of meat, the peel and eat shrimp were prettt standard, but had a good cocktail sauce accompanying it. The fried calamari was the best appetizer at our table. The calamari was crispy and easy to chew, not rubbery like some places. For the entree, I had the Sampler which came in a massive steam pot. It was pretty good. The only thing that wasnt great was the shrimp that were clearly thrown into the pot too early and overcooked. A favorite at our table was the shrimp trio, with mash and veggies. It was highly praised at the dinner table, especially the grilled. Only negative was the service. Angry/short servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Service Needs HelpLov2eatVIPDined on 5/10/2014A very enjoyable restaurant except for the waiter who needs training. It took 15 minutes to get my drinks (bar was slow ) , never saw the bread basket , never came over to see if we needed another round or anything else once dinner was served .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience.EnjoyableDined on 5/3/2014Went there to celebrate my inlaw 70th birthday. We had 8:45 reservation for 7 we got there 8:40 and was seated right away. The service was great the food was awesome, my unlaws love seafood and they said it was worth it. Pass reviews said the food takes too long, which was the case but I didn't mine because by the time the main course got to us we were hungry. My father inlaw says he wants to return asap. That says it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated a BirthdaySteakLoverDined on 5/3/2014It was very nice, the food was flavorful, the staff was friendly, and patient. I would definetly go back.Special Features:
- not that greatFoodieDined on 4/25/2014The food was good. The service can be improved, a bit slow. probably better for a date night rather than a family nightSpecial Features:
- ecstatic!TrinaKDined on 4/25/2014Quick & friendly service. Our waiter constantly made sure that we were okay. Our glasses were never empty. The food was great and we didn't have to wait forever for the food to come. Great find for Brooklyn residents. Just like Joe's crab shack without the waiters dancing and definitely without the wait. What a gem! We will be frequent diners hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great andWillbebackDined on 4/13/2014The service was great and everybody was very friendly. Did not wait for a table. Overall i give it ★★★★★ I already started recommending it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdequateGGGGDined on 4/12/2014...is the perfect word to describe this restaurant. The food was good, not outstanding. The service was fine. The room / atmosphere was nice. There was really nothing wrong with the place. A minor gripe would be that the menu felt kind of cheap, but I'm reaching even with that. It's not a bad thing that the restaurant wasn't outstanding. It may be a little on the pricey side, but it is seafood and it's not on the water/near a marina so it's going to be more expensive than normal fare. So, all in all, not bad if you're in the mood for shellfish, but otherwise not worth going out of your way for it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diva Limo Clublovediva49Dined on 4/11/2014'Had a blast! Our party was late for our reservation.They were very accompanying. The staff was very cordial and attentive.Our server Gus was awesome!.Food there was magnificent. Must go to restaurant.Excellent atmosphere. Going back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.