260 Capistrano Road
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019Neighborhood:
Half Moon Bay
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crablanding.com/
- Phone: 6507121288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday-Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, please note that we no longer serve brunch on Sunday, full menu available after 11 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering in house for large parties and celebrations.
- Private Party Facilities: We are the premier steak house on the coast, serving fresh, local seafood, and of course, CRAB!
- Private Party Contact: Robin O'Connor 8887621911
- Entertainment: Live, Local Music Friday and Saturday.
- Special Events: Perfect for weddings, rehearsals, receptions and all your large private party needs. Restaurant seating capacity of 225, with spacious lounge, patio and upstairs seating.
A word from Crab Landing
We are a full-service restaurant that is able to host all large parties and is a perfect location for your wedding, receptions, birthdays, corporate events, and personal and business functions. Our two-story building with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and Pillar Point Harbor is the ideal setting for all your special occasions. We are a one-stop destination along with the Oceano Hotel and Harbor Village Shopping Center, that will make your visit with us one to remember!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crab Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
- Limited Menu on Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013We had reservations and were here on Mother's Day. It would be interesting to see what the regular menu is like as the Mother's Day menu did not have a lot of choices and had we known that ahead of time we would probably have gone to a differrent restaurant. We did see a family with two small children actually get up and leave after spending a moment looking at the menu. The food we did order was good, again, I would like to go here on a different day in order to see the regular menu. I would recommend them to friends, just not on special occasions such as Mother's Day/Father's Day...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get a new Manager!!!LadyJDined on 5/12/2013When you walk in, 4 hostesses at check in. No one greeted us or asked if we had a resevation. The first smell that we noticed upstaris was pot. Lots of servers all hanging out at back corner. Their timing was off. You had to wait too long for water, bread and main meal. They were friendly. When we left the same bunch downstairs didn't say thanks for coming or hope we see you again-they didn't care. They might care when the place closes & they don't have a job. Manager get it together!!! You are going to be out of a job also. It is sad that such a gret location & view has poor staff.Special Features:
- Very Dissappointed!LocalFoodCriticVIPDined on 4/28/2013One of the worst experiences we encountered in the past year! Very poor food and less services. We went two years ago and this place was VERY different, it must be under new (inferior) management. I would not recommend to anyone.
- Views were great of harborOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Views were great of harbor and adjacent areas. Food was not worth the money and little of it. Everything over-cooked. I will stick with Sam's next time.
- We received the wrong appetizerHate2WaitVIPDined on 3/3/2013We received the wrong appetizer but our waitress left it and reordered that which we had ordered. The ahi tuna sandwich was not prepared as stated on the menu so she promptly had it redone properly. The view is awesome!Special Features:
- Surprise find in Half MoonOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/22/2013Surprise find in Half Moon Bay pier location since is fairly new. Glad tried for lunch and had enjoyable quiet outing on a gorgeous CA sunny daySpecial Features:
- Food was good. Crab was outstandinJosephDined on 2/17/2013Food was good. Crab was outstanding. Fish tacos were made using flour tortillas instead of corn, which combined with a sauce that was itself sweet overpowered the fish. Service was outstanding until it was time for our check which dragged on. Waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- Went here for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Went here for Valentine's Day with family. Our waiters were very personable and kind and the live band sounded great. The food was not bad.Special Features:
- Invisible on Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Our Valentine's dinner experience was a disappointment. After the hostess sat us at our table, we were soon given bread and water and then we became invisible. Other diners were being seated and served all around us but our table was ignored for about half an hour. I finally flagged down a server who apologized and said that there was a new girl serving. Our server, Brendan, was gracious and waited on us. After handing us the check, however, he disappeared. So after another very long wait we flagged down another server. The setting was nice and the jazz music was enjoyable. The food was mediocre at best and mass produced for the event. The pasta had big congealed clumps in it . We will not be returning to this restaurant.
- The (Valentine's) dinner wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The (Valentine's) dinner was very good as was the service; everything was extremely nice. The entire experience was wonderful. A good value for the price.Special Features:
- The front reception shouldOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/10/2013The front reception should make a better attempt at welcoming guest. Wait staff should be aware of beer items on draft as well as know what items are on the menu. Food was good. Cioppino was great (seafood serving awesome) but would have loved a full bowl of broth which is what makes it worthwhile. Oyster with spinach were not anything close to as delicious as the are at the Fish Market in San Mateo, disappointed. Probably will not come back (higher expectations of a seafood/steak restaurant on the harbor).Special Features:
- Try this restaurant!TisaDined on 1/31/2013This was our second time at Crab Landing, and we will be back. The salad was outstanding with garden fresh lettuce and a great combination of flavors. We had the special dinner of scallops, which were cooked to perfection. Browned and slightly crispy on the outside and succulent and tender on the inside, and fastidiously fresh!!! Our server seemed to be new and a little nervous, but we got through it. The restaurant manager, Robin, was a gem and made up for any lack of polished service. I will now start recommending this restaurant to all of my friends.Special Features:
- Not ThrilledOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2013Unfortunately the food wasn't as great as we had expected. Expensive for what we purchased.
- Not at all what I expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Not at all what I expected. Menu was limited, not very many customers for a Saturday night. Food was just ok my experience earlier in the day at Pasta Moon for lunch set the bar very high for food, service and ambiance. Crab Landing was a disappointment from the get go.Special Features:
- Not a very good expperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013When we first arrived, there was no hostess at the entrance station. The couple in front of us left, they had been standing there for 10 minutes, waiting. When they left, I said this is a bad sign, at that time, someone came up to the station and heard what I had said. He seemed offended, but I was actually being generous, by even staying. When we were seated, I noticed the restaurant was not that busy, but had a large party. The waiter introduced himself and took our drink order, the soda came quickly, the beer took over 10 minutes to make it to the table. The food was ok, I have had much better seafood and oysters on a half shell in the middle of Colorado. I was very disappointed in this restaurant, which I have been waiting to try!!
- Crab Landing offers a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Crab Landing offers a good value dining experience in a showpiece setting. The restaurant is a large dramatic space, and the tables are generously laid out. You are barely aware of diners at neighboring tables, and there are great views over the harbor to the ocean from most tables. Service is Ok, and enthusiastic. The food was the slightly disappointment: fish was overcooked, the preparations were not very interesting. However the prices were very reasonable, and you certainly did not leave feeling you had been ripped off. We would go back with friends or out of town visitors, but not mainly for the food.Special Features:
- We waited about 15 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013We waited about 15 minutes after being seated to be asked if we had been helped. The Floor Manager then came over and served us apologizing for the delay.Special Features:
- We had a very nice lunch incandyVIPDined on 1/1/2013We had a very nice lunch in New Year's day, service was great, our server, Mulligan was very friendly and efficient!Special Features:
- The food at The Crab LandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2012The food at The Crab Landing was amazing! I wish I could say the same about the service. On New Year's Eve we were sat and our orders were taken by 7:00pm, it wouldn't be until 8:15pm that we would get our appetizer. Our server constantly blamed the computer shutting down, for the reason why we were getting all the wrong meals. When we did receive what we had ordered, the delicious taste made it all worth the wait. I would not suggest The Crab Landing for their service but for the food alone.Special Features:
- Brought 3 relatives,all firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Brought 3 relatives,all first visits to Crab Landing.2 waitresses appeared to flip a coin as to who would serve us. It was explained that "Ryan" had a problem table downstairs who did not want to order from the prie fixe menu. After 1 hr, 15 minutes, no entrees, no waitress. I asked a waiter to check on our food and he said 10 more minutes. When the food came, the steaks/ potato were luke warm and had obivously been sitting somewhere waiting to be served. With a pre-prepared potato pancake thing that had no flavor & steamed cauli- flower- not an exciting $30 meal! Then we were overcharged; ticket had had to be voided & rewritten. Arrived at 5:15; left after 8. I live nearby; won't be back.
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2012Local in Half Moon Bay. This is the third time trying. We so wanted it to be a good experience as we run out of Restaurants nearby. The food is just not good quality. Service though on the third time had gotten much better.Special Features:
- This was supposed to be aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012This was supposed to be a xmas holiday buffet--I would have done better at my own home. The food was mediocre and as for festive --not. When your published menu states omelet station--not and prawns that does not mean tiny bay shrimp and the crab legs were dry (frozen) and pencil thin---for goodness sakes the Crab Landing is located in "Princeton by the Sea". However, the service was attentive. We are locals and this is definitely not representative of what is available on the coast.
- Who knew?LHK429VIPDined on 12/16/2012Love this place! Didn't know it was there. From the description, it sounded like an average fish-focused place with a lot of fried stuff, but it's much more elegant than that. Really lovely, actually. I did apps - grilled artichoke, oysters Rockefeller, wedge salad - all really good. Others had the maple-glazed salmon, which was to-die-for. Chowder in a bread bowl was everything you'd hope for, too. Great, attentive service. Thin, but decent and reasonably-priced, wine list. Loved the live, acoustic guitar! Definitely worth going when that's happening. This place is definitely on our list now.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, not great food.LongTimeCustomerVIPDined on 11/30/2012There was a wonderful guitarist in the bar on Friday night. We had a bad experience with the food (though the service was good.) Perhaps drinks in the bar would be a better experience.
- Crab Landing was unfortunatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012Crab Landing was unfortunately a disappointment for me and my family, as we were looking for a nice way to kick off the holiday and dungeness crab seasons. Crab options were were severely limited, and the food was mediocre at best. Our table ordered a mix of crab, calamari, swordfish, linguini & clams, and seafood ravioli - and none of these dishes were remarkable. When we asked the waitress for butter for bread, she replied, "Let me see what I can dig up. We might be out." What?! How can professional wait staff use the words "dig up" when referring to food? How can a restaurant run out of butter? We took a gamble by trying this restaurant for the first time, but we will not be back.Special Features:
- Was surprised that a 20% tipOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Was surprised that a 20% tip was tacked onto the bill since no mention was made either by the server or in writing.
- MehMickeyDined on 11/22/20122012 Thanksgiving Buffet was generally unremarkable. Sweet potatoes and corn were likely from a can, pumpkin pie and chocolate cake likely from the local Safeway. Only positive was the turkey white meat was moist and tender.
- Thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012The food and service was great. My family thanks you.Special Features:
- It was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/15/2012My girlfriend and I went on a Thursday night at the opening of commercial crab season. The restaurant's location is on the pier in Half Moon Bay with nice viewing of the boats and water. The crab is only offered as steamed so I wasn't thrilled. Prices are also not as reasonable as one would hope. I had fresh crab in SF and it was done in a white wine, garlic, and butter sauce which I prefer. The waitress was very nice but not well-informed about the menu. Overall, it was quaint but not a restaurant that I will likely return to.Special Features:
- Food was good, well preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Food was good, well prepared with good presentation. Appetizers, main course and dessert was good. No complaints on the food. As for the ambience it was a bit more dull than I thought it would be.Special Features:
- The service was horrible.CherDined on 11/3/2012The service was horrible. There were numerous young people wandering around, none of them seemed to know how to wait tables. Took a long time for us to get anyone to take our order, got a cup of coffee, no spoon. got a martini, no olives. Seemed like the young man that was finally sent to our table, has never waited tables before, and apparently never eaten at a restaurant before, therefore, unable to reference any experiences. The food is good, but it will be a long time before I go back. They need to invest in qualified, experienced staff if they want to survive. A shame, because it is a nice place with good view.Special Features:
- Overall good but nothing fancy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/28/2012Overall good but nothing fancy. We went there for brunch because they were supposed to have a brunch buffet but it turned out they don't have the buffet anymore... The website still says they do...Special Features:
- Over priced, and the foodNearbylocalVIPDined on 10/13/2012Over priced, and the food wasn't even edable. Clam chowder had no flavor and was runny. The garlic Crab bowl tasted like you put your tongue on a salt cube. The Ciappino was salty as well. The service was good, but why dine out if the food is poor?? Will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- The prime rib was done likeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012The prime rib was done like I asked and the crab melt my friend had was great. Our server was new we could see he was struggling a little trying to remember the things we asked about the menu. He was very helpful in getting our questions answered. Very good food, again, and great service.
- Loved the overall experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Loved the overall experience. Having said that while the chairs are comfortable if you are a smaller framed person you might feel as though you need a booster seat. I had the Halibut and I would have preferred it to have been grilled and more flavorful. I loved the the Parmesan Mashed Potatoes and Brocoli!! The ambiance is cozy and I think it would be great for a date. Overall a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Despite the spectacular viewsHMBVNCVIPDined on 10/7/2012Despite the spectacular views and nice decor (which is why I rated the ambiance outstanding), there was NO ONE in the restaurant for Sunday brunch except our party of 3 and 5 other people. The service was very bad, despite there being more servers than customers. The food was fair - very unremarkable and quite expensive. As a Half Moon Bay local, I'd like to see them make it, and there is no reason they shouldn't be able to, given the location. But they will have to make some major effort and improvement to draw in patrons.Special Features:
- At Least the Ambiance was PleasantaccordnguyVIPDined on 10/6/2012We've been to Crab Landing a few times, and were expecting the same service and quality of food as in the past. Unfoutunately, our expectations were fairly high, so, here's what we experienced: Although the restaurant was not full, and there were at least 3 servers, it took our server almost 15 minutes to acknowledge us. She was running back and forth from her assigned tables to the kitchen all evening. We had to wave to her for attention (more water, more bread, which we later relied on the attentiveness of the bus boys - I don't know what they're called now.) My companion ordered Grilled Halibut. What she received was a small end piece of fish, which she said was not Halibut or grilled. I think we'll look for another place.
- Doesn't really measure upOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/30/2012It's a shame, really. Prime location and a great building here coast-side, yet Crab Landing never really measures up. With so many good options to choose from, we seldom go here, but we had visitors in from out of town and all the popular spots were busy...so we thought we'd give it one more try. Unfortunately our experience was consistent with previous visits. Very poorly organized service, untrained staff and mediocre food at best. Next time we'll just wait in line at one of the other options in the area.
- Nothing to write home about...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/2/2012We waited 20 minutes for our server to take our order with no success. We tried hailing them, we tried getting their attention and still no one came. We walked out of the restaurant and as we left, we had a polite word with the hostess about what had happened and all she could say was a very clueless "I'm sorry" and went about her business.
- Great for Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012I took my husband to Crab Landing for his 60th birthday. We were seated right away at one of the window-view tables. Our server was friendly and efficient. We didn't have to wait too long for our food, which was cooked just as we ordered. The birthday cake I asked for in advance was delightful, and included the candles I had provided. Portions are just right, as there is nothing to bring home. Your tastebuds and hunger are satisfied, but this is not an "all you can eat" dining experience. Classy, but affordable.Special Features: