Crab House at Pier 39
203C Pier 39
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Crab House at Pier 39
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crabhouse39.com/
- Phone: 4154342722
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm;
Friday-Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: J. C. Becerra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View
- Private Party Facilities: We have a beautiful room with windows looking at the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. This room accommodates up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Talbot 4154342722
A word from Crab House at Pier 39
Voted "best crab in San Francisco", this cozy, wood-paneled boathouse is home of the world famous Killer Crab (R), over two pounds of roasted whole Dungeness crab. Other specialties include sizzling iron skillet-roasted mussels, shrimp and crab, crab enchiladas, crab cioppino, crab angel hair lasagna, hot crab melt sandwich, seared filet mignon and lobster thermidor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Crab House at Pier 39 - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Crab House at Pier 39 reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (42)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (17)good for groups (17)hot spot (14)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Really enjoyed our experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014My husband and I dined at the Crab House during our stay in San Francisco and had a really enjoyable experience. It had a very atmospheric, bustling dockside ambience. We had a lovely table with a sunset view of the Bay and the food was great! We had the seafood combo platter and everything was delicious! The service was very attentive. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Let downSorinaDined on 9/27/2014Glad I had a reservation. There were people waiting everywhere, inside and out, but we did get in within 10 minutes thanks to the reservation. The crab was good, (which is the only reason I gave 3 stars on the food,) but not special and it wouldn't be enough of a reason for me to go back. The calamari was terriable and the service was even worse. We couldn't even get the water glass refilled. The dirty dishes piled up on the table and everyone just ignored them. The management was running around in panic mode and barking orders at the staff, making the overall atmosphere even less desirable. I would not back.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant with delicious foodEugeneDined on 9/23/2014It is nice and delicious. Though the food is a little bit high price, but it's at pier39. Must try the whole crab and steam clams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and worth the wait :)JoeAndVerseDined on 9/20/2014We don't generally visit Pier 39, as it is really a place for tourists. My brother was visiting from out of town and his kids wanted to see Pier 39. After hanging out for a while we hit the Crab House for dinner. My wife swears it is the best crab in the US. My brother feels the same way. The double mussels, double crab is her favorite. Since I don't really care for crab, I ordered the salmon fillet with mixed vegetables. I was quite surprised, it was seared to perfection and the vegetables were just right. This place has become our local favorite. By the way, the bar pours generously and the service delivered by Tony was outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent experience as usual!FoodyguruDined on 8/30/2014My 4th time here. Every time i come to vacation in SF I make a point of eating a full crab here. The staff, from the entry podium to waiter and busser, in particular were very personable and relaxed friendly. All great! We ended up having the "lotsa crab" instead of my usual whole crab and it was deeeelisious! $56 fed us both and I jave no idea how many crab legs we had... All in a garlicy delicious buttery flavourful sauce. Yum yum yum! Pier 39 itself is a veritable nightmare if you are quiet and bookish lile I am but I subject myself each visit to SF to the environment because Crab House is so great. Loved our waiter and the host. Both very genuine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is nice enough to seat us in ten mins because we have arrived an hour early. The food and drinks are nice but a bit over priced.Special Features:
- Dying for crabs? Get them here!patriot1973Dined on 8/29/2014No, not THOSE kind of crabs! The delicious, edible monsters from the sea that they serve you here! I was playing tour-guide to my friend and his wife visiting from Brazil and they wanted to eat seafood. This was the first place I thought of as I'd done the same for another Brazilian couple last year. Fast service, generous portions, nice beer (Great White is perfect to pair with the seafood!). They had a blast, we all ate until we were ready to pop and then walked it off on the Pier. Excellent!Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014As always, this is one of our favs. We love the Killer Crab.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab house pier 39AmazingDined on 8/23/2014The food is amazing. My favorite is the crab and pasta, the dishes are always excellent. This was my 4th trip to pier 39 crab house I always try different dishes and they are amazing. I made reservations for 4 we were late due to the ferry but they seated us as soon as we arrived. I can't wait to make reservations again. This is,y favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyLadyroseDined on 8/22/2014The crab was excellent!! Perfectly cooked and seasoned. Severed on a cast iron skillet, marinated in a delicious garlic butter sauce. The bread was also perfect.Special Features:
- Yummy goodnesstravel55freeDined on 8/21/2014The crab chowder was amazing, the crab legs, wonderful. Our server, Katrie (sp) was excellent and the bartender made a mean mojito! Loved it and will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab!PickyHungryGirlof3Dined on 8/17/2014Loved the crab! Only complaint was that there were not any "real" vegetarian dinners.Special Features:
- Bland, oily, crab Dirty and HairyNotSatified2014Dined on 8/16/2014Really thought it was going to be good. I was soooo wrong very dissapounted, burnt butter no garlic on crab just Cilantro and oil, dirty Crab very hairy
- First time at FWAdamCDined on 8/14/2014This place had some good reviews so thought we would try it. It was my first time at Fisherman's Wharf so I have nothing to compare it to as far as surrounding restaurants. But the first thing i noticed when we sat down was the great view. We were seated at a window table. It was packed and busy so it's understandable the waitresses weren't as personable as they could have been. the food was good. I had the Fish and chips and must say it was very good. My wife had the Crab Fettuccine and that was good as well. I would definitely recommend this place. Best to make a reservation even on a weekday.Special Features:
- FunnyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Local cooking a good crab. I recommend it for a fun evening in how much you eat with your hands and pliers. When you exit annusatevi clothes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent crabzhang628528Dined on 8/11/2014Excellent crab, good service and beautiful view. I'll go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chaos getting in but great foodgslakkDined on 8/2/2014Make reservations. Go to the front of the line. They should really have 2 lines because it was pretty chaotic. The server was great and so was the food. Nice view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ViewwhatamessDined on 7/30/2014The crab with garlic sauce is gorgeous!!! And since we reserve online, they provide us a table by the window, just looking towards the pier 39. And we even saw a sea lion swimming and jumping very close to us. It's fantastic dining experience there.Special Features:
- Great nightMarcoDined on 7/28/2014We were four people and we had a great night. We reserve the table and it wasready on time. The fish was great and the time to serve the food was reasonable. Price was good for the type of food we had. I recommend itSpecial Features:
- Great seafoodKortex4VIPDined on 7/28/2014Very good clam steamers to start and then did Crab for 4. Good food, but service was slow because waiter was chatting with what looked to be friends at the next table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014The food was very good. The service was ok. This place is very "turn and burn" like a chain restaurant. A party of 3 and a $150 tab in 40 minutes. Not a place you feel you can relax and enjoy your meal. Felt very rushed. Don't get me wrong, I love fast, prompt service but for the price I'd like to relax a bit and not feel hurried to give the next group my table.Special Features:
- Food Quality Had ChangedCherylVIPDined on 7/20/2014I have been to this restaurant many times before and enjoyed the crab and garlic noodles. This trip was different in that the taste of the crabs was bland as was the garlic noodles. I don't know if the difference is because they've changed their recipes or I had a different chef cooking before, but the taste was definitely different - very bland. Although the food was ok, it wasn't as good as what I had in previous visits.Special Features:
- Great crabsSteakloverDined on 7/16/2014The salivating waft of roasted garlic butter in the air became a yummy reality when our crabs hit the table. The taste of the crabs is simply fantastic. The garlic noodles were a very fitting accompaniment to our mail course. Our waiter was very attentive and made very helpful suggestions on our order which I appreciate very much. In the end the amount of food we order were enough for our party and with the right mix too. Thank you for a great crab dinner !Special Features:
- service is so socarrolDined on 7/11/2014there is great view , it is very nice of host , the friendly and handsome yong guy on the bar ,and work hard busboy , but the waitress is so so , just basic serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent crab, excellent serviceLeslieDined on 7/6/2014This is my sixth visit to the Crab House at Pier 39. As always, my guests were seated promptly and the wait staff was courteous and professional. We ordered our 'Killer Crabs', garlic fries and beers and were served in less than 10 minutes. I'll be back again to get my 'Killer Crab' fix!Special Features:
- yummy crab!jpasinDined on 7/5/2014Our food was phenomenal! The whole crab dinner was super yummy. My son had chicken alfredo and my husband had the fish sandwich. They both loved their meal too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2014Great place for any time you want to impress with the greatest crab and service in the world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRenaudDined on 6/28/2014Quick service, very diligent and helpful waiters. Nice place on the pier with either the view on the water either the view (the one we had) on the pier side. Excellent seafood, especially the crab. Would recommend (early) reservationSpecial Features:
- Good to trywongwayDined on 6/21/2014Must make that reservation or you'll be waiting a long while. Good thing I did. Crabs on the skillet has lots and lots of garlic butter. So if you like that sort of oily seasoning on your seafood, good place to soak that up along with the scenery. Be prepared to break and fork out the crab meat as well as your wallet. It definitely doesn't come cheap. Enjoy if you do go though, one time is enough for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best crab in SFMtnlady4Dined on 6/20/2014Anyone looking for sweet, succulent crab should avoid this place. The 1/2 crab was overpriced, had skinny legs and no body, and was dripping in olive oil that came from a vat that needed to be discarded. The oil congealed and had a burned appearance on the cast iron platter on which the crab was served. The salad was no more than iceberg lettuce with a few machine-chopped tomatoes. The crab cocktail was a few shreds of crab served over iceberg lettuce. Some sauce was served on the side. When we told our waitress of our concerns, she acted like she had heard it all before and offered lemons to mask the grease. Skip this place.
- CRabHOuse!! BOOM BOOM it's the spotLUVTOEATGOODFOODDined on 6/11/2014I celebrated my ANGEL's Birthday there...and we had a window seat and everyone in the sung Happy B-Day....ahhhhh it was so WONDERFUL!! I stop at least once a month....and I have always had the same taste and wonderful service. I luv this place....and I will NEVER stop coming....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab houseOnvacationDined on 6/6/2014Overpriced and crab was tasteless and over-cooked.Special Features:
- The following 835 reviews are from the Crab House at Pier 39 reviews archive.
- What a feast!DiningshouldbespecialDined on 5/18/2014The place to eat at Pier 39. The garlic Dungeness crab is out of this world! We also had the shrimp and mussel plate and it came to the table sizzling and delicious! Go to the Crab House with a big appetite. You won't be sorry.Special Features:
- Killer CrabOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2014This has become a must-stop for my family when we are in the city. Can't get enough of that crab. Always comes out delicious! Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsFoodie4foodDined on 5/16/2014The garlic crabs are amazing. We go to this establishment every time we are in San Fancsisco. They never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crabs were goodPishmanDined on 5/14/2014My wife & I went to the Crab House for dinner. It has decent views of the bay and a relaxed atmosphere. The crab chowder was very good. A bowl is snout for two. We ordered Lotsa Crab which was plenty and very good. Lot of work and messy. Cheese fries were very good as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you would expect of San FranTuttay42VIPDined on 5/13/2014This place hit the spot. Very simple menu - crab, crab for 2, crab for 3, lots of crab. A bit messy for lunch but its to be expected. Crab cakes were ok and could be a bit larger. I recommend the shrimp/muscle appetizer. Comes out sizzling hot. I would go again.Special Features:
- Le meilleur du crabeRicore21Dined on 5/10/2014Pour la deuxième fois , c'est sans conteste le meilleur restaurant de crabe de tout San Francisco vous pouvez consulter le menu en français si comme moi vous ne, êtes pas trop pote avec l'englais, pensez à réserver petit bémol ce restaurant ferme relativement tôtSpecial Features:
- TOURIST TRAPTastebuddDined on 5/10/2014this is an overpriced tourist trap. Food is good but not worth 104 dollars for two people. They also charge you 1oo% alcohol tax fee. My wifes mojito was 9.95 and also the fee for it was the same. Ridiculous. Never again. Do not good. Save your money.Special Features:
- Not to be missed!LudoDined on 5/7/2014we come to San Francisco for business reasons every two/three years and we always go to Crab House for dinner, everything is perfect and we love the Killer Crab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.