C.R. Gibbs American Grille
2300 Hilltop Drive
Redding, CA 96002Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
C.R. Gibbs American Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crgibbs.com/
- Phone: 5302212335
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Dinner: Daily: 4:00 PM - 9:00/10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from C.R. Gibbs American Grille
C.R Gibbs is located in the heart of Redding and is an open exhibition kitchen with a full bar, banquet facilities and American Grille Style Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
C.R. Gibbs American Grille - Best Restaurants in Redding ›
C.R. Gibbs American Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A true find!SabrosoDined on 7/21/2014This is a pleasant place to have dinner. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have a very good selection of beers, many of them local, and the food is good. I can vouch for the fish tacos at least. I would certainly return should I find myself in that part of Redding again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices a bit highOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014we had great attentive service great food, the prices were a bit high waiter should have suggested a bottle of wine instead of all the glasses being orderedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find!GourmetDined on 7/2/2014Every dish we had was beautifully presented and well prepared. The fajita spring rolls were delicious, my husband and I shared one order, but they are enough for 3 people. The braised ribs were outstanding and the halibut was very good too. When it comes to dessert, do not miss the flan; the best I had in a long time. And the service was friendly and efficient. You can't ask for more. We plan to make it our go-to restaurant every time we come to Redding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly GoodeatwellVIPDined on 6/22/2014Enjoyed pleasant outdoor dining. Food was quite good as was the service. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Father's Day LunchHappyDinerDined on 6/15/2014Good food in a nice energetic atmosphere. Good salads and sandwiches. Good wine list and beer selection. Highly recommend you give CR Gibbs at try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CR GibbsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Very good food. noise level was too high. very good service. Beer list was too heavy on IPA. Could use more porter/stout options. Suggest adding ninkasa or stone brewery to list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the C.R. Gibbs American Grille reviews archive.
- Good foodJohnVIPDined on 4/18/2014We had an excellent dinner. The atmosphere is more unpretentious upscale coffee shop than fine dining, but the food is good with some fairly creative options.Special Features:
- Not our first time and willLarwdwrkrDined on 12/31/2013Not our first time and will not be the last. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant surprise.MalbecVIPDined on 9/9/2013Really good meal. Loved the calamari and green bean starter! Our waiter was Bradd and he was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2013Well above comfort food, but more casual than fine dining. Will definitely be back, excellent food, warm service and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Reserving on line was so easylscsDined on 7/23/2013Reserving on line was so easy and the whole experience was enjoyable for all ten at the table. We usually have at least two complainers but I heard not one complaint. We especially liked the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an early dinnerOutToEatDined on 6/9/2013Having an early dinner made a big difference I am sure with our service. It was a nice dining experience.
- Surpising for inside a Best WesternOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/3/2013Solid food. Unexpected creativity. Unexpected, top notch wine list. Frank Family wines in Redding? Way cool. Great friendly service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Excellent food and service. Pricing in line with service and food qualitySpecial Features:
- Food was just ok. Other reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012Food was just ok. Other reviews failed to mention that it is in a hotel. Waitress was very nice, but extremely slow, as was all service in general. Is this really one of the best restaurants Redding has to offer?Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012What a wonderful dinner! Very nice menu selection, and the meals we had all tasted delicious. Probably the best chicken taco soup ever, and the filet mignot as well as the desserts were outstanding!Special Features:
- A wonderful find!brunchVIPDined on 7/20/2012What a wonderful find for lunch! Right off the freeway! Tri tip sandwich was great. French onion soup probably one of the best I've ever eaten. And the hostess and waitstaff were great. Thank you!Special Features:
- Nice restaurant with bar insideRickVIPDined on 6/7/2012Nice restaurant with bar inside BestWestern motel. Nice menu, something for any palate with a wine list to complement. Service was very good, server helpful with dinner selections, attentive but not hovering. Food was good to very good, large portions. Usually they also have a nice outdoor dining area, was closed this trip due to some remodeling. Good for any size group. Will be back.Special Features:
- The food was good, only thingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012The food was good, only thing is for the price the meal should include soup or salad.
- We had been to CR Gibbs yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2012We had been to CR Gibbs years ago and enjoyed it. This time we were celebrating a special occasion with a long term employee. We all enjoyed our meals though for us old folks some of it was a little over salted. Our biggest disappointment was to arrive and find the place under construction.Special Features:
- Brought guests from out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Brought guests from out of town, and they were very impressed with the menu choices and delicious food.Special Features:
- Not as good as past visits.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012Not as good as past visits. Overpriced for quality/quantity, but we will go back for another try.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012The food was very good and the service was fast. The complimentary Shrimp bowl was very much appreciated. I would definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Redding local gives Thumbs Up!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/15/2011As a Redding local, I can assure you this is one of the finer restaurants in our area. The lasagna is unique and flavorful. My favorite is the peel-n-eat shrimp appetizer, followed by a mediterranean salad and for the main course the salmon. We take out of town clients to C.R. Gibbs as well as family. Just an all around excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Food mediocre, very loud inside,MoleDined on 10/24/2011Food mediocre, very loud inside, sat on patio with outdoor chairs, metal weave that require a pad, but only about 1 in 10 chairs actually had pads. Found pads for me and my wife as rear-ends were starting to hurt after 5 mins. One waiter noticed after about 15 mins. that we weren't given any bread and asked if we'd like some. We said, "yes", he returned 15 mins. later saying, "I finally made it back"!? We wouldn't return.
- Great Redding restaurant,RickVIPDined on 10/22/2011Great Redding restaurant, upscale with casual atmosphere, and nice outdoor dining area on those warm summer evenings. Excellent for the traveler passing through, close to several hotels. Nice menu, from apps, salads, pizza, to steak, seafood, and other delights. Service was very good, friendly staff, attentive, interested in your enjoying your dining experience. Have eaten here several times, enjoying it more with each visit. Definitely worth trying.Special Features:
- The food was very good, asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2011The food was very good, as well as the service. The waiter went out of his way to make the evening very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2011I made reservations for Fathers Day based on previous good experience.Our reservations were for 11 am, the waitress only asked for drink orders for our kids and I had to stop her to ask for something for my husband and I. Food was not restocked in a timely manner and we had to look for our waitress for help.The place was not that busy, we noted, many unoccupied tables.People were standing around with their plates waiting for food to be restocked and heard unfavorable comments.For example,we waited for over 1/2 hour for waffels to be restocked.In the past they had a meat station which had been deleted from the service. When asked, when food would be out, we got the excuse that they were very busy. Service was poor and the food was marginalSpecial Features:
- The best part of the mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2011The best part of the meal was the service...thanks Micah & co.Special Features:
- This visit was for SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2011This visit was for Sunday Brunch. Reasonable price. Very good food selection. Excellent food. Very good service (seated promptly, coffee always full, plates removed quickly, etc.), and a nice upscale, but casual atmosphere... Enjoyable experience, will definitely return.Special Features:
- Our food server was rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Our food server was rushed and kept making drink mistakes. The buffet was running out of food.
- We liked it very much. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011We liked it very much. It was classy but not over done, the waiter was confident and not over the top. We had a great time.
- We had a soccer tournamentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2011We had a soccer tournament in Redding. The team stayed in Best Western and the convenience of having the restaurant right on premises was the initial impetus to book tables there. The staff were accomodating to the point of dividing the bills per family. The food was good and choice of wine and other drinks as well was good. Price is moderate. e enjoyed our evening. Their brunch next day was good.Special Features:
- Food was great, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2011Food was great, service was friendly and there was a great energy. Enjoyed it!!Special Features:
- We had a great valentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011We had a great valentines dinner. The food came so quick and it was done just rightSpecial Features:
- We had fun and loved yourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011We had fun and loved your valentine menu. Also, I wanted to come to your restaurant because of your shrimp bowl! Loved it!Special Features:
- It was so loud that my dateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011It was so loud that my date and I could not hear each other, despite leaning across the table and nearly shouting. The service was great. The food was OK but not worth the price. I would only recommend for a rowdy large group.Special Features: