140A Lighthouse Lane
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cqsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8436712779
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
June - November:
Open Seven Days, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
December - February:
Open Seven Days, 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Eric Thompson 8436712779
A word from CQ's
Nestled amidst the ancient, moss draped oaks in Harbour Town, CQ's combines great fun, fine dining and a touch of Hilton Head Island history. CQ's has the feeling of an old, cozy, and comfortable inn. Heart-of-pine floors, wooden mantle pieces, stained glass, and the photographs and memorabilia of the Lowcountry culture all contribute to the charm that has made CQ's the place to dine since 1973. Inspired by the abundant varieties of fresh seafood, beef and game available. Our chef creates dishes that are best described as contemporary American with classic influences. Recognized for having the most extensive wine list on Hilton Head Island, CQ's offers more than 400 wine selections with over 70 poured by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
CQ's reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (51)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (25)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Just excellent!JoanjpsVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is a place worth saving your funds if on a limited budget. The food was unusual but excellently prepared. Steaks and chops are quite thick and tender. Wait staff accommodating, attentive, and wishing to create a pleasant encounter. Would definitely visit againSpecial Features:
- Always a winner!UpscaleDinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Never a disappointment. We took our friend here and it was wonderful all the way around. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Best on Hilton Head2sickoffluffVIPDined on 9/9/2014Our favorite spot on Hilton Head is CQ's. Set in an old house in Harbour Town the ambiance and service is top notch. the food choices are varied and never disappoint. They have a broad wine list and fair prices. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic DiningCheermomDined on 9/4/2014Professional service and outstanding food. Delightful, historic dining in Harbour Town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did it againLocal001Dined on 9/1/2014Wanted a special night out with good friends, and CQ's delivered! Got a booth, which is always fun; got great service-not pushy, there when needed and helpful. Had the scallop special and was a pleasing presentation and cooked to perfection. Scallops can be a challenge but these were prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vacationMikeDined on 8/31/2014Everything was excellent, have been coming for years never disappointed, great location staying at the inn hope to be back next yearI would recommend this to a friend.
- No southern hospitality hereREKCKKVIPDined on 8/31/2014Arrived for our reservation and we were asked if we would like a table or a booth. We decided on a table, however , after being seated we asked if we might move to the empty booth across from us. We wre then told it was not available. Watching it sit empty for the next 45 minutes really spoiled what was to be a nice evening. The arrogant attitude of the hostess was truly the deciding factor of our experience.
- We always love CQ'sLouieDined on 8/30/2014Great food and sitting in the middle room provides great ambiance.....always love it here. (Try not to be seated at the tables at the bar if your goal is a quiet table--there is a TV, a bar and being near the hostess stand that make this front room /bar area less desireable than other places at this unusual restaurant). We've been to CQ's many times and always get a great meal ! The duck is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfortable. venerable.avocatVIPDined on 8/25/2014The live oak forest surrounding the restaurant is worth the visit. The diners seem to have been coming for generations.Our server knew the food. The portions were huge. Too much. The Mahi dish was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMictomDined on 8/24/2014We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and chose to book a reservation at CQ's because of the positive critic reviews we read. The food was great, but the service by our waiter was best described as disinterested and catch-as-catch-can. A downer.Special Features:
- Great experience!SunniebunDined on 8/20/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Food was wonderful and our server was very pleasant. Will definitely look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and comfortableKphjrVIPDined on 8/18/2014If you want a nice quiet night try CQs. Delicious shrimp and grits, chowder and pork chop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner of our girls trip!girlsjustwannadineDined on 8/16/2014What a great dining experience. Everything about our meal was wonderful, starting with cocktails and ending with dessert. There were 4 of us and everyone ordered different entrees and all were delicious and unique. You must save room for the delictable desserts! Can't say enough good things about our server Bernie. What a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CQ's is always great!HHITomVIPDined on 8/15/2014CQ's remains our favorite restaurant on Hilton Head Island. The food is always consistent and the staff is excellent.Special Features:
- About the restaurantpixelmanDined on 8/14/2014We found this restaurant 2 years ago and just loved it. The food is outstanding and the service couldn't be better. By far one of the best Restaurants we have ever eaten at and maybe the best in Hilton Head. If you haven't dined there you need to! You will not be disappointed. It is very quaint and interesting with a great staff. Ina cute historic house as well! That about sums it up!Special Features:
- I wish they offered refunds!KimberlyDined on 8/14/2014We arrived (2 adults & 2 children) for the early seating to enjoy the Tasting Menu. The server greeted us and seemed rather pleasant UNTIL we mentioned we would ordering from the Tasting Menu. After that everything went down hill, our food was average AT BEST. I ordered the chowder & shrimp and grits (VERY BLAND.) My sister-in-law ordered the chowder and lobster pasta (the lobster was horribly tough.) One child ordered grilled chicken with a sauce that she did not care for at all. We made our server aware, and he said that was too bad and proceeded to walk away. The other child ordered pizza and was served a FROZEN pizza, really, at this fine dining establishment? Spending $130 for average is unacceptable. We will never return.Special Features:
- Good but bad roomwestwoodkingDined on 8/13/2014Some of the best food on the island. Not ideal for groups larger than 9-10 unfortunately. We had group of 9 adults and 3 children and were stuck in a back room with poor lighting and a noisy window unit AC. Would have been suited with a better table arrangement in that room or a long table set up else where in the restaurant. Thus ambience and service ratings will suffer on this trip. Regardless the food was wonderful as usual. Great bar creations as well.Special Features:
- A Perfect DinnerUpscaleDinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014It's not too often you can say that everything was perfect, but this is one of those times. The food was perfectly prepared with a wonderful presentation. The Tuna dinner was exquisite, as was the duck dinner - although, it would have been better if it was 1/2 duck instead of 1/4. Nevertheless, both meals were wonderful. The chef prepares a little secret appetizer to get the meal started. Our server was very attentive and seem to show up just at the right times. The ambiance could not be nicer and is extremely relaxing. We highly recommend this place for perfect balance between great food and nice ambiance - the make their quests feel welcomed and appreciated.Special Features:
- Always delivers!Leeman72Dined on 8/5/2014Enjoyed our meal as usual.....well informed wait staff and the best pork soup special. Never bad always as expected........good food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone DownDebbieDined on 7/31/2014I ordered shrimp and grits and it was rather bland. The shrimp was almost 'undercooked' and the grits were just basic. My grandsons' steak was tough. I ate at CQs about 10 years ago and it was something to remember...this time it was average....with a large price.
- Anniversary DinnerIpreferRedDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I decided to eat at CQ's for our 20th anniversary. Everything was perfect. We started with a bottle of Caymus and a great appetizer. I had the Ahi and she had the Swordfish, both were perfect. Our waitress was great. We ended the night with outstanding crème brulee which was served with a "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- most excellent dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014perfect dinner to start our week off at Hilton Head we were seated at the time of our reservation our waiter was knowledgeable the food was fantastic had a unusual blueberry soup that was out of this world i will go back here every time i am in Hilton HeadSpecial Features:
- GoodDinerbychoiceDined on 7/18/2014The food is hit and miss. We usually eat there every year however we have did not have good service this year. And the food was just fair. Normally it is outstanding. It was probably just am off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet time!RDTennesseeDined on 7/18/2014What a great way to end a great week in HHI! We enjoyed everything at CQ's and have decided it is going to be a new tradition upon our return to HHI. Our service and server "Bernie" rocked!!!Special Features:
- Early tasting at CQsTastytipperDined on 7/17/2014The early tasting was a pleasant surprise. Three courses including generous but not too large portions of soup or salad, main course and dessert. The lobster seafood bisque, salmon, shrimp and grits and bread pudding were outstanding. Nod to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal! Exceptional Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014We come to CQ's every year on our vacation. As always, the wood was amazing and the service (Bernie) was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CQhhdineDined on 7/13/2014I am a island local been to CQ's multiple times over 15 years. Great dinner house experience . Service was professional and attentive. Food quailty was excellent . Strongly recomend ahi tunaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantHalabitDined on 7/9/2014CQ's is our favorite restaurant on Hilton Head Island! We celebrate our anniversary every year here and will continue to do so. The menu is varied, the food is excellent and the staff is second to none. Our favorite dishes are the “Butchers Block” Prime Pork Chop and the seared Ahi Tuna. Bon Appetite, Hal & Bobbie, Lake Norman, NCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here before.peterDined on 7/9/2014Always great to have some good food. The homemade vegetarian non menu option was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CQ'sJerseyGerry13Dined on 7/6/2014Had a great dinner with my son, excellent staff, strongly recommend...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More average this timeDETZDined on 7/6/2014We have eaten here before, but this time was disappointing. The duck I got was not up to the standards we usually get from here. I was disappointed in the sauce and the amount of duck. We have gotten duck here in the past and enjoyed it so much. This time, I thought the portion was very skimpy and the sauce too strong.Special Features:
- A Must When In Harbour TownChapelHillFoodieDined on 7/4/2014CQ's has become a "tradition" when we come to the island and particularly when we are staying in Harbour Town. This year, I made our reservation early so that we could get an early dinner and then head to the marina for our trip out in the sound to observe the fireworks. The meal did not disappoint and met the usual high standards for taste and appearance. The staff is always friendly and helpful which is one reason we come back year after year. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Simply AwesomeFlipDined on 6/30/2014We absolutely loved this spot and all thought it was our favorite restaurant of our vacation.Special Features:
- Great food in historic settingsjbfoodieDined on 6/25/2014Our experience at CQ was wonderful. The age and history of the building adds to the ambiance. Our meals were carefully prepared and presented nicely. The wait staff was knowledgeable and courteous. I will return and would suggest this restaurant to all who enjoy good food, drink and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always!Local001Dined on 6/24/2014Have eaten at CQ's on every trip to Hilton Head as the food is excellent and the service is prompt. Over the years, the restaurant has continued to provide an environment that is relaxing and conducive to an enjoyable meal. The wine selection by the glass is not extensive but there are enough choices for any paring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerVTmomDined on 6/18/2014Tried this place on a whim during our trip to Hilton Head and Savannah -- probably the best food we ate. Even the teens liked it! Fabulous presentation on the salads (wedge with bacon, and a tomato/mozzarella). Swordfish was melt in your mouth. Shellfish was good. Nifty flavored butters presented on a cold stone. Great service. Nice experience for all. Only drawback was that we were seated in a side room with two large parties..it was pretty noisy. So if you are looking for a more romantic experience be mindful of the seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Spot in Harbour TownYunqiDined on 6/15/2014I remember going to CQ's in the summer of 1981 when my family moved to Hilton Head from NY. Over the years the menu has changed, but the rustic environment has stayed the same. 30 years ago you could drink beer and shoot pool upstairs. The bar area then and now is hopping during the Heritage golf tournament. Simply put - CQ's has always been a hot spot in Harbour Town. The menu is mainly meat and fish, with nice sauces. Our compliments to the Chef for the calamari, mussels and swordfish. The sauce made the dishes memorable. Keep up the good work!! I highly recommend CQ's for a special occasion. After dinner, stroll around Harbour Town listening to the music and taking in the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One to watch!EvieDined on 6/11/2014CQ's is a restaurant with a great future, I believe. It is well established and well thought out. The food was uneven, some very high notes, some ho hum. But overall, a great find. A little more adventurous menu, will take it over the top.Special Features:
- MacreviewsDined on 6/9/2014The restaurant is a great attraction. The food is stellar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best option in Sea Pines!wolfetdDined on 6/9/2014CQ's never disappoints Consistently excellent food and service.Special Features: