Cozymel's Mexican Grill - San Diego
4303 La Jolla Village Dr
San Diego, CA 92122Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cozymel's Mexican Grill - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cozymels.com/
- Phone: 8586580480x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Two separate private rooms for your fiesta or meeting needs. Podium or projection screens available.
A word from Cozymel's Mexican Grill - San Diego
From art galleries and trendy boutiques to world-class golf courses, La Jolla appeals to residents and visitors alike. Each district is uniquely different, yet all share a common theme - nothing less than the best in "the jewel" of Southern California. And Cozymels is no exception. Located on La Jolla Village Drive, Cozymels has the Mexican favorites you've been craving--sizzling fajitas, fresh guacamole, frosty margaritas and delicious homemade desserts. Whether you are having lunch with business associates, or dinner with your friends and family, your table is waiting at Cozymels.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Cozymel's Mexican Grill - San Diego - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Cozymel's Mexican Grill - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (7)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pork Fahitas very goodtootsieDined on 7/17/2014We had dinner there and my Pork Fajitas had a great flavor and they were very juicy. Not much sour cream or guacamole. I'd ask for double next time. Hopefully they don't charge extra like they do for beans. The homemade tortillas were very fresh. My husband had the steak Fajitas and he said that there was not much meat in his-many potatoes though. We will go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dining roomdpkraftVIPDined on 6/19/2014really good food at a reasonable price, we had the pork rotizido and it was out of this world... We sat in the bar for happy hour deals but it was only on alcohol not food and I was with my 19 year old so that didn't work for us. We should of sat in the dining room where it was a lot quieter. Oh well, next time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parent's 50th Wedding AnniversaryPickeeFoodieDined on 6/14/2014My parents wanted a casual, laid back celebration. Cozy Mel's delivered. Our waiter was especially good. He kept the drinks coming and regularly communicated with my husband regarding additional niceties such as a surprise toast. His excellent and friendly service really helped make the evening fun, relaxing, and memorable.Special Features:
- Mediocre MexicanMinnieDined on 5/25/2014Food is okay, nothing spectacular. We've been there a few times because it is convenient for us in the south bay and our family in the north county but we will go to Sammy's or PF Chang's in the future. The food is not the draw. I would just rather go somewhere else where I look forward to devouring a meal and walking away content.
- ForgettableSweetLipsDined on 5/24/2014The food is medriocre. A little overpriced. Homey ambience. Friendly staff.
- Wonderful Lunch SpotRosieDined on 5/23/2014We arrived before the busiest of the lunch crowd and I requested a booth so it was away from the bustle and very quiet. Our waiter was courteous and helpful. He kept checking on us. The food was really good, more than met our expectations. We'll definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Cozy CuisinelawguyDined on 5/19/2014A great lunch spot that easily absorbs the shopping district foodies. Prices are good and the service was prompt.Special Features:
- Great Place to GatherUnminedDined on 5/11/2014I took a family of 20 to Cozymels on Mother's Day. We were given a great private patio, fantastic service despite the size and varying tastes of our group, and the food was terrific. So many bookings in San Diego were gouging because of the holiday, but the meal was regular standard menu price, which is a bargain. Have I mentioned drinks? Good prices on great drinks. Staff who know much about what they are serving. Tequila sampling combos. Great place, nice location, tons of parking, lots to do before and after.Special Features:
- great place to lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014This place has great friendly staff with a perfect mexican vibe in the room.a little more upscale than I am used to for mexican food but still a great place.great mango margaritas as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and food A+++dpkraftVIPDined on 5/3/2014I ordered the Salmon and my wife had the fish tacos, the food was excellent as well as the service. I'll be a returning customer for a long time to come..Special Features:
- Sunday LunchHeidiDined on 5/3/2014The food was good and they have a nice selection. Our service that day wasn't very good. The server kept forgetting to bring us chips and salsa, messed up our order and messed up our bill. He was nice, just not a very good waiter.Special Features:
- The following 7 reviews are from the Cozymel's Mexican Grill - San Diego reviews archive.
- Great food!ViolasmilesDined on 4/23/2014Food was very good! Server, Cory was superb! Had a great experience overall and would definitely return (it was my first visit).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!TravlynDined on 4/18/2014Excellent food, variety of options, friendly staff, nice decor, huge restaurant! A great place for large family gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good UTC lunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2014Easy to get to, centrally located lunch spot in UTC. Besides the full menu, the lunch menu has great options that are reasonably priced. I like knowing the food is going to be predictably good to very good and that they are prepared to handle a business lunch that potentially has a short amount of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, slow serviceMattDVIPDined on 3/22/2014We went for a late dinner, having lived near this place for more than a decade without trying it. The restaurant was mostly empty, but we kept having to wait for drink refills, etc. Also, if we ask for a leftover-box and turn down your offer of dessert, that's a signal that you should probably bring the bill; we waited almost 15 min and then had to ask for it. The food itself was pretty decent. It's not going to win a James Beard award, but no complaints. I'll be giving this restaurant another chance sometime soon; if the service is better, then I'd be willing to recommend it.
- Kudos to the managerkdayDined on 3/7/2014The manager on duty that night paid special attention to guests who had made reservations. Very cordial, check on our table. He was a nice guy --- but I forgot his name.Special Features:
- Quick serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Food came out quickly, drinks were refilled before we had to ask for them. The server was definitely on top of things. Until it was time for the check but we'll overlook that. Wasn't impressed with arriving though, only way we could get a parking spot was to valet. After circling the lot a few times we ended up late for our reservation and the hostess had to take care of others before us. Ultimately I'm not sure it did any good to make the reservation. Love the decor. Food was pretty good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- The food was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/28/2013The food was great but the service was lacking and very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.