Coyote Crossing - Conshohocken
800 Spring Mill Avenue
Conshohocken, PA 19428Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Coyote Crossing - Conshohocken
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.coyotecrossing.com/
- Phone: (610) 825-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Mexican, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Carlos Melendez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer all our menu items plus custom design menus for all your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We can section portions of our beautiful patio area to provide privacy.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Lazorcheck 6108253000x110
A word from Coyote Crossing - Conshohocken
Colorful decor combined with authentic Mexican cuisine. A lively atmosphere at the crossroads of elegant & casual dining. The warm ambiance extends outdoors to the constellation of lights surrounding the heated patio. A flavorful menu offers traditional selections as well as old family recipes. Owner & chef Carlos Melendez has created an authentic blend of Southwestern & Mexican dishes served in a casual, friendly atmosphere. Combining classic recipes from his homeland with artful preparations handed down from his beloved Abuelita's kitchen (grandmother Elena Coello), Coyote Crossing has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coyote Crossing - Conshohocken reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- best Mexican Foodtimbok1Dined on 6/21/2014Great outdoor dining, food is spectacular, my wife and I would highly recommended this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1966mmccDined on 6/14/2014great place for outdoor dining with some great mexican food.... everything my wife and I ordered was very good .Was a nice night not hot at all which made it pleasant to sit outside. Our waiter justin was great gave us great suggetions and came back frequently to ask how we were doing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is goodScoopDined on 6/7/2014Services was horrible. Ate outside on patio. Bugs everywhere. They need candles on table and to spray the trees. Food was excellent though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and BlahBriansCritiqueDined on 6/4/2014The food was...fine. Wayyyy too expensive for Mexican food though. House marg - $9.50. Chicken enchiladas - $24. Did they use special Spanish speaking chickens? Did they mix in unicorn meat? The rice and beans were both bland. Had shrimp enchiladas...fine. Took 10 minutes for the first round of drinks and I waited for another 15 minutes to get a refill. I don't skewer a place because of one bad server, but that was no bueno. Outdoor seating was awesome on a beautiful night. I would rather go to Cantina Feliz where I would spend less and thoroughly enjoy me meal.Special Features:
- The following 881 reviews are from the Coyote Crossing - Conshohocken reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/1/2014I always enjoy eating at Coyote Crossing. They weren't too busy on Sunday evening, which I read as a good sign. However our waiter seemed to have other things on his mind. He neglected to bring me water, which I requested with the beverage order. Twice we asked for guacamole and when he finally brought the chips, he only brought salsa. The guacamole arrived just moments before our entrees. It took quite a while for dessert to arrive and we were almost finished before he remembered that we'd asked for coffee as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open table does not workBrianDined on 5/31/2014Open table does not work to make a reservation for this resteraunt. Should be deleted.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Wait, Long nightGrubalubDined on 5/31/2014We made reservations for 7:30 and finally got seated around 8:15. Our drinks took another 25 minutes and we finally were served dinner at 10pm. We had plans of going out afterwards but by the time we got finished eating, it was already 11:30. The food was good, but I definitely would've chosen another restaurant if I would have known it would take so long.Special Features:
- 8:00 pm reservation for 4.TinaDined on 5/24/2014Were told upon arrival, it would be a few minutes for a table. Went to the bar outside, and immediately noticed how unkept the patio had become. The bar area looked the worst...we thought maybe we had mistakenly come to a college bar. After 45 minutes of waiting we inquired about our table and were seated, were we waited for another 15 minutes. No one approached our table to take a drink order or even tell us they would be with us anytime soon. So, we left. As we were walking out the hostess said, "have a good night." Stopped at a restaurant we passed a few blocks down the street called Bar Luca. We were seated upon arrival and had food and drink minutes after that. And by the way, Bar Luca was delicious and we had a GREAT NIGHT!
- RJCRUBYDined on 5/23/2014The food and mojitos was very good. The whole experience would have been great if our waitress had come to see if we were beening served. A friend and I were put in the corner of the outside dinning area and we knew we were in trouble. It took a long time before the waitress came, and she had a bit of an attitude. It took about minutes 40 minutes to get our chips and guacamole, coming 5 minutes prior to our dinner. At the end she didn't even ask if we wanted dessert. Im sure this is not a usual occurance for diners, otherwise they would not be in business.Special Features:
- Great for dining al frescoavspDined on 5/23/2014The outdoor garden is Coyote Crossing's most appealing feature. It's a very pleasant space to sit around for a leisurely lunch or early evening meal. Food is adequate but not memorable.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningcarelle214VIPDined on 5/22/2014Lovely spot to have Mexican food. Everyone was very nice. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeclininggaltyDined on 5/22/2014Iused to love this restaurant because of this I keep trying it out even though the service is poor and the menu is so limited. This last time, Thursday night, server is aloof and the dining room is empty but the Reggaeton is blaring. I thought, perhaps, we were early and once the dining room filled they would change the music. As the night went on and the room filled up a few things became apparent: the management think the 40 something professional crowd love to shout over Pitbull and Daddy Yankee, the chef has more interest in our service as he has delivered more food than the waitress (she off texting her bf), the margaritas are keeping this place alive but they now come in one 4oz size. I am breaking up with Coyote Crossing.Special Features:
- Authentic Mexican DiningTonyDPADined on 5/21/2014We used our reservation to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. The food was great and plentiful. Love the black bean soup here! My only regret is they no longer have Yuengling on tap. We otherwise highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive mexican foodMarisaDined on 5/17/2014Good food. Good atmosphere. Pricey for mexican food, comparatively, but a good choice for dinner when you feel like splurging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I've been to Coyote Crossing a number of times over the years and have always enjoyed my experience- but so disappointed in my last visit. Confusion about our reservation, indifferent service at the bar and then we were seated outside (no indoor option) next to a very large party, prob at least 40 people of all ages from infant to sr citizens- loud, kids running all over, a pinata(!)..our server did his best, but it was uncomfortable and not pleasant. No acknowlegment or concern from management, in fact we suggested to the staff that they relocate the pinata so the drunk,bat-wielding birthday boy wouldn't knock his cupcakes onto our table. Definitely not what I was hoping for, just wanted a nice night out with a couple of friends,Special Features:
- High Priced TacosOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2014Tasty but very expensive top shelf Margarita. Nachos were excellent as usual. Fish Entree special was very good but plate was void of anything but the fish and a little drizzle of bean puree. Having been to Coyote Crossing multiple times in the past, we did not ask questions about the entrees on the regular menu. What was listed as steak previously was a nice piece of steak with delicious flavors and sides. This time steak entrees were very high priced tacos!!! Small pieces of meat, again, very high priced. We have been going to Coyote Crossing for about 5 years, at least a few times a year. After this experience.........not sure we will visit again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesomeDelcoGPSDined on 5/13/2014Took our daughter here for a birthday celebration - her 1st time at Coyote. She LOVED it (of course). Everything about our experience was greatSpecial Features:
- Nice night--great foodLowergwyneddfamilyVIPDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed their outdoor seating. The Pineapple Mojitos were perfect. The presentation of the chicken tortilla was only outdone only by its taste. My Enchiladas de Pollo with the mole sauce was spicy but not overpowering. Finally, the chocolate mousse was savory, and was enough to be enjoyed by three people...although you may not want to share it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor gempeddrbethDined on 5/8/2014Great site for good mexican food and margaritas. Really enjoyed the outdoor setting with light on trees and beautiful spring evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mexican restaurantCarrieDined on 5/5/2014Cyote Crossing is a wonderful place whether you are looking for dinner out with your family or drinks during happy hour. I was last there on 5/5 and while the service was a little slow (it was extremely busy being Cinco de Mayo) the wait staff was very apologetic and the food was great!Special Features:
- Food works; service not so much921cruVIPDined on 5/4/2014In brief: decent food with somewhat high prices for the neighborhood. A real shame that the service practices leave much to be desired. Be careful with price discrepancies between the menu you'll be handed at the start and the bill you receive at the end. A few trivial dollars sis not betray the decent food, but rather, the staff response to out querying the differences. In hospitality management school you get a 50/100 for saying "I am sorry we will address the menu." If you want to keep the person's business in the future you employ good faith by adjusting the bill and saying you hope to see them soon. The attitude we received in place was a combination of resigned reluctance and vexation for our inquiry. Think about your business' futureSpecial Features:
- What happened to the service??BabybirdVIPDined on 4/26/2014My husband and i have raten here a lot over the years, but this past weekend was the worst experience. Food is consistently great- service was horrible! We sat for 20 minutes and asked 3 times for a waiter or waitress before one arrived. When they did they only wanted our drink order not food because they weren't ready. I was the only one of 4 that had utensils and a napkin- we had to ask for those too. And for the final, we had to take pur check to the front to pay because the person disappeared! So our reaervation was for 8, we ordered at 9:15 dinner arrived at 9:40 and we were done by 10. One more experience like this and we'll never go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too pricey!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014For Mexican food, the restaurant was standard, but extremely pricey! We've known about this restaurant for quite a while, heard a good review from a family member who noted the prices were a bit high, but we didn't expect to pay over $100 for two people. There is another authentic Mexican restaurant in the area the we frequent which we will be sticking with.
- AquaDined on 4/16/2014Sat without water next to barely or uncleaned tables for too long. No wine or drink menu offered. When I asked about wine choices was told they had a big party the night before and only had 3 varieties, no details offered. Food was okay. Used to enjoy Coyote Crossing, they've lost us now!
- A bit pricey for a mexican restauraBruncheesDined on 4/14/2014overall the food was quite good and service acceptable. But for a mexican joint I think its a bit pricey. The el limon taco place down the street is very comparable and much more reasonableSpecial Features:
- +'s and -'snewbieDined on 4/13/2014usually solid but service and my meal were disappointing this time....love sitting outside in the back yard! margaritas and ambiance are great thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should not taken our reservationKamfDined on 4/12/2014We had been there before but I am not sure we go there again. It took 90 minutes to get our dinner. Nearly 20 minutes before waiter stopped by for the first time.
- dispointedelupiDined on 4/12/2014We had reservations for 8pm and were told we had a 10 min. wait .After 30 minutes we checked in. She stated that she called my name and no one came. We were sitting directly in front of her! Nonethless we got seated and waited another 20 minutes for a waiter to come. The restaraunt seemed to have no staff. After waitin 2 hours...yes it was 10 pm we stopped a different waitress. We asked for our check and she said everyone was still waiting for their food. They could have made this experience better by frequently stopping in with drink orders and nachos and letting us know where the kitchen stood. the managers should have been out waiting on the customers. Overall so disapointed with this restaraunt !Special Features:
- OkJudyVIPDined on 4/12/2014We had to wait 30 mins for our table with a reservation. They were understaffed so the service was terrible. Too long for drinks and too long for dinner. Our server was not at all nice about it and brought the wrong drink and they didn't come out together. He had an attitude all night. Three of us got fajitas which were good. I think you have to stick to the basic things you know are good from having been there before. My husband had a fish special which had no flavor. I wouldn't rush back except if I want to sit outside and have a margarita on a nice night. I think I would only get fajitas. Oh and the chips and salsa were very good as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service and Seating timesStevenDined on 4/12/2014Horrible experience (2x in a row), seated an hour after our 7:15 PM reservation (showed up 10 minutes early), and food took over 50 minutes to come out when my wife and I split an entree. The food quality was still good, but the overall experience has been awful twice in a short period of time. I do not believe I would tell anyone that they needed to frequent this establishment anymore.
- Too loud and noisy. Not kidLindaDined on 4/11/2014Too loud and noisy. Not kid friendly. Messy and too hot. The service could have been better if they had had enough waiters. The food was very good, but I don't think I'll go back. The restaurant has a patio but it was too cold to be outside. Perhaps being outside is better.
- Not the sameAniaVIPDined on 4/4/2014It use to be good ,but it is changing ,the quality is no longer there,margaritas are not as good also ,the only thing that is still good are the chips.
- Disappointing...CaraM831Dined on 3/14/2014I have been to Coyote Crossing in the past and had much better experiences. Our waitress was very personable, but we sat for periods of time without water, guacamole came out with no chips, and my fish had to be sent back because it was over-cooked and rubbery. When the waitress dropped the check it took over 25 minutes for her to come back to run our cards. Not sure if I'll be going back.Special Features:
- Outstanding food but...TheresaDined on 3/14/2014This restaurant has a beautiful dining room and fairly friendly staff. The food was extremely delicious. Every single thing we had was excellent. Two complaints - 1. The waiter had boxed and bagged our leftovers and had them on the table while one of us while still in the middle of eating. 2. The bathrooms are notably poor.Special Features:
- Incredible Food!UrbanStringsDined on 3/1/2014I was born and raised in Colorado and rarely find Southwestern food to my taste in Philadelphia. At last I've found my fix! Incredible food, many dishes not too hot for those concerned or sensitive but plenty of spice to make it nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitMonieDined on 2/22/2014Although we loved our experience , it took 45 minutes for our table (with a reservation). Server was awesome and very helpful. Definitely going back, just hoping it was a fluke . Oh. The moijttos were awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but server was notJrob35Dined on 2/22/2014Good food but server was not very attentive - went missing for long periods of time - and didn't bring the guacamole we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedCharlieVIPDined on 2/22/2014Made a reservation for a birthday dinner for 4 at 7PM. Arrived at 7:05 and were told they were cleaning our table. We weren't seated until 7:40. The hostess was very nice and kept updating us that the table would be ready shortly but I wouldn't say 35 minutes is shortly. What was also annoying is they sat 4 parties of 2 prior to seating us. Once we arrived at the table, the food and service were very good. I always find it annoying when you make a reservation and the table isn't ready for 35 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There is no better place tocathykbVIPDined on 2/19/2014There is no better place to be on a cold winter's evening than Coyote Crossing enjoying Mexican cuisine with a cocktail. All the food was delicious, perfectly seasoned, and made with high quality ingredients (steak and shrimp especially). Can't wait 'til the snow melts to enjoy the outdoor seating too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was somewhat disappointed. IOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I was somewhat disappointed. I made my reservation for 7pm and we didn't get seated until 7:45-7:50. The table we were seated at was right at the entrance to the dinning room. Which meant we felt in the way of everyone. So I was very disappointed.Special Features: