1600 Piedmont Ave
Atlanta, GA 30324Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cowtippersatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4048743751
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Retro TV Tuesdays at 8pm. Come join us for some of your favorite shows of the 70's, 80's, & 90's. Shown on the Big Screen and inside. Movie Night Thursdays at 8:00pm Movie plays inside. And on the Patio on the big screen. Weather permitting.
A word from Cowtippers
Cowtippers Steaks & Spirits is home to traditional steak house fare served with surprisingly creative twists, in relaxed atmosphere with great value pricing. Thick char-grilled steaks, fresh seafood, plump juicy chicken, the best burgers in town, huge homemade desserts, 25 types of margaritas, a cleverly-crafted wine list and a room full of smiles — Cowtippers strives to make every dining experience a celebration!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cowtippers - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Cowtippers reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (9)special occasion (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Pretty good, not 4.5 stars goodJCJCDined on 8/23/2014This place is OK, but 4.5 stars is way, way too high. Both the steaks and BBQ were good but not great, and the side dishes we had were fair at best. The black eyed peas were awful for a southern restaurant. Maybe they are catering to vegans on the sides, not sure, but not what I would expect with a steak or BBQ.Special Features:
- Cowtippers is Consistently GoodMLEismeVIPDined on 7/21/2014I have been going to lunch at Cowtippers during the week for some time now. Parking is free and easy (unlike most places in midtown). Service is great and friendly. And there's a super lunch menu deal. Love this place!Special Features:
- Birthday AppreciationbirthdayshoutoutDined on 7/13/2014My large party was served by Ben, and we had a lovely time. A good drink list, the wide variety of food choices, and their own parking lot made for a great evening. Also, on your birthday, they will give you a free dessert! Cowtippers is a pleasant restaurant with excellent service -- worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family LunchSallyLouDined on 6/22/2014My 9 month old nephew and sister were in town and after a trip to the zoo, we needed a place for the family to meet for lunch. Another reviewer said it was good for families so I picked it. My parents are foodies, and even they enjoyed lunch. The menu has a lot of variety and everyone ordered easily. Service was great. Although we were not the target customer, everyone on staff was super nice and accommodating!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodlovedining1Dined on 6/19/2014I just tried the steak burger it was awesome, the ribs, were tender and two dollar shotsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement PartyBirthdayCelebrationDined on 6/14/2014We had a great time for my retirement after-party with 20 people. Michael was a wonderful waiter. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How can you not enjoy this place?CheesewithmyWyneDined on 6/13/2014Great venue, amazing food ( great for vegetarians also, great selection ) and an Amazing staff. I enjoyed my time there immensely. Will go again : )Special Features:
- Gotta Live itPaulDDined on 6/10/2014Staff was great! Good food, Drinks and atmosphere. Looks like the staff enjoy there job, but not at the expense of service. Will definitely keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceBrianTheMasterVIPDined on 5/23/2014The best thing about this place is the service, very friendly and quick. Everything else is just ok, nothing special. The place was a little dirty and needs a new look. One plus was it is very gay friendly.Special Features:
- Great spot for families with kids!VanderBucksDined on 5/23/2014My family and I met up with my sister's family this past Friday, 5-23-14, for lunch. We have an 11 month old and my sister's 3 kids are all under 9. Parking is great for families with SUVs. The waiter was extremely friendly and very nice, attentive, and patient with the children. He was very knowledgable about the menu and gave great recommendations. I had the GUAC burger and the guacamole is homemade and is excellent. Burger was awesome! Staff that were not working our table took the time to say hello. The atmosphere is colorful and the restaurant has really cool displays and pictures hung on the walls. Reminds me of downtown Asheville with a western feel. I would recommend this place to other families w/ small children. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine for workday lunchDine30319Dined on 5/20/2014Patio is fun on a nice day. Food is typical bar type and ok for the price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place to eat.DyoungDined on 5/16/2014Everyone the was very nice. The food was great and our server was the best we ever had. Next time I'm in Atlanta, I'd def stop by againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerslovedining1Dined on 5/11/2014It's my First time going and I will be back with my friend to try brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 116 reviews are from the Cowtippers reviews archive.
- Always good and lots of funAtlanta01VIPDined on 5/2/2014The food is always very good and this place is a lot of fun. Great patio dining. Casual and relaxed, always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Love Mr.QMush1984Dined on 4/27/2014I had such a wonderful time here Sunday afternoon, my waiter was great he took care of all my needs and always made such I was happy. My food was delish and very tasteful and the spinach dip is by far the best I have ever had.. Thank you Mr. Q you really made me and my fiancé day ... Eat here you will love the food, customer service and overall vibrant scene..Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed every part of our visit. The waiters were awesome, the food was awesome, the mood was awesome. My husband had an awesome birthday. We WILL be going back!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!IngloriousabbyDined on 3/28/2014I read some negative rewiews about this place but I don't see how. It's really nice. Had my dinner party there with my friends and we had a ball. The service was so fantastic and nice and the food was tasty, I got a free slice of cake and it was do delicious and huge! Love this place. Will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They took very good care ofBirthdayCelebrationDined on 3/26/2014They took very good care of me for my birthday. I love going to Cowtippers.Special Features:
- Good food and good fun!yummyVIPDined on 3/17/2014A little twist on your average BBQ. We had the chicken and avocado sliders and the chicken/chili nachos! Amazing! I will go back. Fun atmosphere, not fit for the kiddos though. :-) We played adult bingo and had a blast. Great people, great food.Special Features:
- Terrible Service, Food, and StaffTaBaDined on 3/15/2014Waiter was less than enthusiastic to serve. Never checked on our food or drink and even had to hunt him down for the check. Steak was overdone, Wrong entrée brought out to one at our table. "Signature" desert recommendation was red velvet cake. It was extremely dry with no taste - not even the frosting. Definitely not worth going back - a total waste of time and money.
- Good Spot in the Midtown!RGinATLVIPDined on 3/9/2014Good spot and lots of free parking. Nice patio if you want to sit outside. I think our server was new. When I asked her about what else comes on the burger she said "just what's listed"....it still came with tomato and pickles which I do not care for; pickle juice is the worst. Burgers are great but at almost $10 they are expensive. Management was very visable and stopped by our table twice to check.Special Features:
- Good food, disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014My husband and I took two friends to Cowtippers for steaks on a Saturday night; I'm a longtime fan of Cowtippers as an alternative to super pricey steakhouses or chain restaurants. Our food was great as usual, but our service was sorely lacking. Our waiter barely came around between taking our order and bringing our checks, so we were waiting for new drinks (and we were willing to buy lots of drinks!) for some time. We asked the food runner if he could take our drink order when he brought our entrees, and he actually said to us "No I cannot, I'll send over your server," and then we waited maybe 10 more minutes for the server. That kind of thing would never happen at most restaurants, even if we had asked the wrong person for a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great place to eatAtlanta01VIPDined on 3/1/2014We have been dining at Cowtippers for years and it continues to be a favorite. The food is very good, great selection on the menu and the prices are actually reasonable for a very nice dinner. Casual and relaxed dining experience, which adds to the appeal. The service is always really good and the interior is funky and fun. If you have never tried this restaurant, then you should make a reservation and go. You wont be disappointed. A+Special Features:
- Turkey T'eliciousBIOLDined on 2/21/2014first time dining, this was a great experience our server was high spirited and on top of her craft. The burgers were out of sight, literally out of sight we left nothing on our plates! I will dine again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different atmosphereFLGirl30Dined on 2/14/2014Be ware - look over the website carefully to make sure its your kind of place :) Would not say family friendly.
- Slow Service with a Very Big SmileCarolineDined on 2/8/2014The food was good and our waiter was extremely friendly. The atmosphere is quite warm and inviting (very friendly). Both the food and the drinks were UNBELIEVABLY slow coming out. The waiter told us it was the bartender's first night, so maybe it isn't always like that. Good thing we weren't in a hurry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cowboy diner for alphabet soupstustonDined on 2/2/2014I'm not sure this place knows what their theme is. While it is listed as a steakhouse, it looks like a BBQ joint, with some TVs like a sports bar and the menu options look like a bistro. We showed up on Superbowl night and it was dead. I guess the LBGT crowd, wasn't hanging out here, despite the in-your-face display of rainbow flags and advertisements. Confused yet? The owners must be.
- Great Steaks at a Fun PlaceGreatsteaksDined on 2/1/2014We had a Birthday group of 11 and our server Josh handled us with amazing accuracy and speed and he was great. We had a great time and steaks were cooked really well, all around. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable mealvegetarianDined on 1/25/2014Hi husband and I had dinner here, it was his first time at this restaurant. He enjoyed his steak and my salmon was very good. You can't beat the $5 Martinis. Service was great. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday night dateQfromGwinnettDined on 1/25/2014We were looking for a place close to the Atlanta Symphony Hall. We live in Gwinnett so we are not very familiar with the Downtown Atlanta scene. We did some research at opentable and found this restaurant. The customer service was fantastic. Our waitress went above and beyond as she knew it was our first time there. The food was great and both my wife and I agree the proces were NOT exhorbitant. All in all, we are very happy we decided to experiment and try a new place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- acceptable steak housepseawrightbDined on 1/24/2014This is a clean restaurant with acceptable food. I ordered the filet and found it to be a bit fatty. Still, it was cooked correctly. One of my fellow diners who ordered the NY strip volunteered that she was pleased with her steak, but the other two who ordered this cut did not chime in. I suspect that she said this more out of a desire to make pleasant dinner conversation than out of a firm conviction in the steak's quality. I ordered a cheesecake, which tasted a lot like a slice of Cheesecake factory cheesecake that you might get at a Starbucks. In short, I found this restaurant to be acceptable. If you have a hankering for steak and are in the neighborhood, then you should go. I would not call Cowtippers destination dining.Special Features:
- WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GETOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 1/15/2014Cowtippers is a usually reliable standby restaurant that while not pushing the culinary envelope, delivers a decent meal at a decent price. Service is typically friendly and efficient. The crowd is a mixture of GBLT and neighborhood straights, and in the warmer months the patio can be a fun place to hang out, except for the occasional loud traffic emanating from Piedmont Road. The preparation of the food can be hit or miss, but they are very good about making it right if they missed it on the first try. Good place to drop in with friends when you don't want to deal with long lines and valet parking.Special Features:
- We don't come to CowtippersOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/13/2014We don't come to Cowtippers for haute cusine, trendy foods or romatic atmosphere. Cowippers is a semi-annual Atlanta dining spot when we have to work in Atlanta for more than a few days. We usually wait to dine here till the end out our stay when we are on fancy food burn out and we come here for the very, very relaxed atmsophere, it's diversity, some good old unpretentious comfort food that never let's us down. Great place for a drink, simple food and some laughs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerWCTMomDined on 1/1/2014Our server, Mike, was fabuous. Highly recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeAtlanta01VIPDined on 12/30/2013We have been dining at Cowtippers for years and it continues to be a great place to eat with a fun atmosphere. Good menu and great prices. A winner.Special Features:
- YuckMushugiDined on 12/25/2013They ran out of food. It took over an hour to be served salads and appetizers. Never again
- Christmas Day 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013very small appearance wasn't what I expected but food was awesome great drink specials .. Most def would eat there again !
- Overall service and food qualityLamboDined on 12/25/2013There was a small stick found in my salad and they did not discount the salad from my tab. My wife got the filet mignon steak and it was cooked correctly but bland and with no flavor. I made reservations for 5:45 and was not seated until 6:30. The bar was not accommodating while we waited for a seat.
- Christmas lunchfsufan23Dined on 12/25/2013I had to go to Atlanta Christmas Day so I was looking for somewhere open to eat Christmas dinner. This was a great choice and I found it on Open Table. Loved it! I would love to go back in the spring and sit outside on their huge patio. The steak shish-ka-bob was delicious and the salad was fresh and tasty. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDaisyDined on 12/25/2013We had the roasted pork loin, sirloin steak and baby back ribs. everything was very tender & excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.