1600 Piedmont Ave
Atlanta, GA 30324Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cowtippersatlanta.com/
- Phone: (404) 874-3751
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Retro TV Tuesdays at 8pm. Come join us for some of your favorite shows of the 70's, 80's, & 90's. Shown on the Big Screen and inside. Movie Night Thursdays at 8:00pm Movie plays inside. And on the Patio on the big screen. Weather permitting.
A word from Cowtippers
Cowtippers Steaks & Spirits is home to traditional steak house fare served with surprisingly creative twists, in relaxed atmosphere with great value pricing. Thick char-grilled steaks, fresh seafood, plump juicy chicken, the best burgers in town, huge homemade desserts, 25 types of margaritas, a cleverly-crafted wine list and a room full of smiles — Cowtippers strives to make every dining experience a celebration!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cowtippers reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Atmosphere is similar to that of Buffalo's. (Bar/restaurant) they did have kids menus and our food was great. Our server was very attentive & polite. The only con was the stale cigarette smoke I'm assuming lingered around from when it turns into a bar scene....or maybe it was just an event from the previous night. We had never been here before so I'm not sure what takes pace here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar food and serviceATLFoodieVIPDined on 11/18/2014The food is pretty subpar for a southern/BBQ restaurant. All the servers seem like they have an attitude.
- Love this placeMLEismeVIPDined on 11/10/2014This is one of my favorite places to go for lunch in the midtown area. Parking is free (not easy to come by in this neck of the woods); service is great; food is delicious; and prices are reasonable. Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great foodpkwhouVIPDined on 10/30/2014I moved out of town and haven't been here for a long time, but the food and service was still as great as ever! Very laid back and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodluvmywineanddineDined on 10/25/2014The food is just poor quality. Nice staff, but the food really is not very good. At a place like this, french fries and a burger might be safe enough, but not much else. With all the good food in Atlanta, this should be one of the last places you choose.
- Could be BetterCowboyVIPDined on 10/15/2014Steak seemed to be of poor cut and quality. Onion strings were greasy and cold. Black Eyed Peas were oddly seasoned and mushy. Ribs were excellent. Service was good. Peach Martini's were good. Steaks need to be improved upon, this is a place that is suppose to be one of their specialties....let's go guys...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodjunkieDined on 9/13/2014Service was great! Food came out fast. Food was good, but not phenomenal.Special Features:
- Not just for bugers and beer...Looking4goodeatsVIPDined on 9/12/2014Let me start by saying you can't miss the BBQ pork and hoecakes. This was one of the most outstanding dishes I've had anywhere. While you can get steaks and chicken, burgers are the star here. You can get beef, chicken, turkey and bean between the buns. The BJ with bacon and guacamole was very good. My wife enjoyed the more classic All American (American cheese). Very good local beer selection on tap. Friendly server who was there when you needed him. This is a real fun in-town spot. The patio is a great place to sit when the weather is good.Special Features:
- Pretty good, not 4.5 stars goodJCJCVIPDined on 8/23/2014This place is OK, but 4.5 stars is way, way too high. Both the steaks and BBQ were good but not great, and the side dishes we had were fair at best. The black eyed peas were awful for a southern restaurant. Maybe they are catering to vegans on the sides, not sure, but not what I would expect with a steak or BBQ.Special Features:
- Fun and the food is very goodAtlanta01VIPDined on 8/22/2014Great dining experience. Vibrant, lots of fun to eat at Cowtippers. Very good food. Try it, you wont be disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 128 reviews are from the Cowtippers reviews archive.
- Cowtippers is Consistently GoodMLEismeVIPDined on 7/21/2014I have been going to lunch at Cowtippers during the week for some time now. Parking is free and easy (unlike most places in midtown). Service is great and friendly. And there's a super lunch menu deal. Love this place!Special Features:
- Birthday AppreciationbirthdayshoutoutDined on 7/13/2014My large party was served by Ben, and we had a lovely time. A good drink list, the wide variety of food choices, and their own parking lot made for a great evening. Also, on your birthday, they will give you a free dessert! Cowtippers is a pleasant restaurant with excellent service -- worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family LunchSallyLouDined on 6/22/2014My 9 month old nephew and sister were in town and after a trip to the zoo, we needed a place for the family to meet for lunch. Another reviewer said it was good for families so I picked it. My parents are foodies, and even they enjoyed lunch. The menu has a lot of variety and everyone ordered easily. Service was great. Although we were not the target customer, everyone on staff was super nice and accommodating!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodlovedining1Dined on 6/19/2014I just tried the steak burger it was awesome, the ribs, were tender and two dollar shotsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement PartyBirthdayCelebrationDined on 6/14/2014We had a great time for my retirement after-party with 20 people. Michael was a wonderful waiter. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How can you not enjoy this place?CheesewithmyWyneDined on 6/13/2014Great venue, amazing food ( great for vegetarians also, great selection ) and an Amazing staff. I enjoyed my time there immensely. Will go again : )Special Features:
- Gotta Live itPaulDDined on 6/10/2014Staff was great! Good food, Drinks and atmosphere. Looks like the staff enjoy there job, but not at the expense of service. Will definitely keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceBrianTheMasterVIPDined on 5/23/2014The best thing about this place is the service, very friendly and quick. Everything else is just ok, nothing special. The place was a little dirty and needs a new look. One plus was it is very gay friendly.Special Features:
- Great spot for families with kids!VanderBucksDined on 5/23/2014My family and I met up with my sister's family this past Friday, 5-23-14, for lunch. We have an 11 month old and my sister's 3 kids are all under 9. Parking is great for families with SUVs. The waiter was extremely friendly and very nice, attentive, and patient with the children. He was very knowledgable about the menu and gave great recommendations. I had the GUAC burger and the guacamole is homemade and is excellent. Burger was awesome! Staff that were not working our table took the time to say hello. The atmosphere is colorful and the restaurant has really cool displays and pictures hung on the walls. Reminds me of downtown Asheville with a western feel. I would recommend this place to other families w/ small children. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine for workday lunchDine30319Dined on 5/20/2014Patio is fun on a nice day. Food is typical bar type and ok for the price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place to eat.DyoungDined on 5/16/2014Everyone the was very nice. The food was great and our server was the best we ever had. Next time I'm in Atlanta, I'd def stop by againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerslovedining1Dined on 5/11/2014It's my First time going and I will be back with my friend to try brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good and lots of funAtlanta01VIPDined on 5/2/2014The food is always very good and this place is a lot of fun. Great patio dining. Casual and relaxed, always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Love Mr.QMush1984Dined on 4/27/2014I had such a wonderful time here Sunday afternoon, my waiter was great he took care of all my needs and always made such I was happy. My food was delish and very tasteful and the spinach dip is by far the best I have ever had.. Thank you Mr. Q you really made me and my fiancé day ... Eat here you will love the food, customer service and overall vibrant scene..Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed every part of our visit. The waiters were awesome, the food was awesome, the mood was awesome. My husband had an awesome birthday. We WILL be going back!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!IngloriousabbyDined on 3/28/2014I read some negative rewiews about this place but I don't see how. It's really nice. Had my dinner party there with my friends and we had a ball. The service was so fantastic and nice and the food was tasty, I got a free slice of cake and it was do delicious and huge! Love this place. Will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They took very good care ofBirthdayCelebrationDined on 3/26/2014They took very good care of me for my birthday. I love going to Cowtippers.Special Features:
- Good food and good fun!yummyVIPDined on 3/17/2014A little twist on your average BBQ. We had the chicken and avocado sliders and the chicken/chili nachos! Amazing! I will go back. Fun atmosphere, not fit for the kiddos though. :-) We played adult bingo and had a blast. Great people, great food.Special Features:
- Terrible Service, Food, and StaffTaBaDined on 3/15/2014Waiter was less than enthusiastic to serve. Never checked on our food or drink and even had to hunt him down for the check. Steak was overdone, Wrong entrée brought out to one at our table. "Signature" desert recommendation was red velvet cake. It was extremely dry with no taste - not even the frosting. Definitely not worth going back - a total waste of time and money.
- Good Spot in the Midtown!RGinATLVIPDined on 3/9/2014Good spot and lots of free parking. Nice patio if you want to sit outside. I think our server was new. When I asked her about what else comes on the burger she said "just what's listed"....it still came with tomato and pickles which I do not care for; pickle juice is the worst. Burgers are great but at almost $10 they are expensive. Management was very visable and stopped by our table twice to check.Special Features:
- Good food, disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014My husband and I took two friends to Cowtippers for steaks on a Saturday night; I'm a longtime fan of Cowtippers as an alternative to super pricey steakhouses or chain restaurants. Our food was great as usual, but our service was sorely lacking. Our waiter barely came around between taking our order and bringing our checks, so we were waiting for new drinks (and we were willing to buy lots of drinks!) for some time. We asked the food runner if he could take our drink order when he brought our entrees, and he actually said to us "No I cannot, I'll send over your server," and then we waited maybe 10 more minutes for the server. That kind of thing would never happen at most restaurants, even if we had asked the wrong person for a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great place to eatAtlanta01VIPDined on 3/1/2014We have been dining at Cowtippers for years and it continues to be a favorite. The food is very good, great selection on the menu and the prices are actually reasonable for a very nice dinner. Casual and relaxed dining experience, which adds to the appeal. The service is always really good and the interior is funky and fun. If you have never tried this restaurant, then you should make a reservation and go. You wont be disappointed. A+Special Features:
- Turkey T'eliciousBIOLDined on 2/21/2014first time dining, this was a great experience our server was high spirited and on top of her craft. The burgers were out of sight, literally out of sight we left nothing on our plates! I will dine again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different atmosphereFLGirl30Dined on 2/14/2014Be ware - look over the website carefully to make sure its your kind of place :) Would not say family friendly.
- Slow Service with a Very Big SmileCarolineDined on 2/8/2014The food was good and our waiter was extremely friendly. The atmosphere is quite warm and inviting (very friendly). Both the food and the drinks were UNBELIEVABLY slow coming out. The waiter told us it was the bartender's first night, so maybe it isn't always like that. Good thing we weren't in a hurry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cowboy diner for alphabet soupstustonDined on 2/2/2014I'm not sure this place knows what their theme is. While it is listed as a steakhouse, it looks like a BBQ joint, with some TVs like a sports bar and the menu options look like a bistro. We showed up on Superbowl night and it was dead. I guess the LBGT crowd, wasn't hanging out here, despite the in-your-face display of rainbow flags and advertisements. Confused yet? The owners must be.
- Great Steaks at a Fun PlaceGreatsteaksDined on 2/1/2014We had a Birthday group of 11 and our server Josh handled us with amazing accuracy and speed and he was great. We had a great time and steaks were cooked really well, all around. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable mealvegetarianDined on 1/25/2014Hi husband and I had dinner here, it was his first time at this restaurant. He enjoyed his steak and my salmon was very good. You can't beat the $5 Martinis. Service was great. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday night dateQfromGwinnettDined on 1/25/2014We were looking for a place close to the Atlanta Symphony Hall. We live in Gwinnett so we are not very familiar with the Downtown Atlanta scene. We did some research at opentable and found this restaurant. The customer service was fantastic. Our waitress went above and beyond as she knew it was our first time there. The food was great and both my wife and I agree the proces were NOT exhorbitant. All in all, we are very happy we decided to experiment and try a new place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- acceptable steak housepseawrightbDined on 1/24/2014This is a clean restaurant with acceptable food. I ordered the filet and found it to be a bit fatty. Still, it was cooked correctly. One of my fellow diners who ordered the NY strip volunteered that she was pleased with her steak, but the other two who ordered this cut did not chime in. I suspect that she said this more out of a desire to make pleasant dinner conversation than out of a firm conviction in the steak's quality. I ordered a cheesecake, which tasted a lot like a slice of Cheesecake factory cheesecake that you might get at a Starbucks. In short, I found this restaurant to be acceptable. If you have a hankering for steak and are in the neighborhood, then you should go. I would not call Cowtippers destination dining.Special Features: