Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse- N. Charleston
2411 Mall Drive
North Charleston, SC 29406Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse- N. Charleston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cowboybraziliansteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7178727102
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Friday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm
Lunch: Sunday: 11:30am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu
A word from Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse- N. Charleston
Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse is an unique, all you can eat “Churrascaria.” Featuring a full Salad Bar with over 30 items, 6 Brazilian Hot Dishes and a “parade” of 16 different types of Beef, Chicken Pork and Lamb sliced at your table by our Gauchos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse- N. Charleston - Best Restaurants in North Charleston ›
Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse- N. Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (6)romantic (6)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Our favorite place to dineDan1946Dined on 8/23/2014Been here several times and always a great experience. I love beef and they offer several varieties that are all cooked to perfection and seeing you can have as much as you want as often as you want this is an exceptional value. I like the end cuts and my wife likes her beef rare so we both get exactly what we want. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for something different with great quality and outstanding service. You will not be disappointed, I promise you.Special Features:
- meat4loversDined on 8/14/2014The food was very good and it is really fun the way they serve it. We didn't get to try everything because we got full. You should try small samples of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare treatDan1946Dined on 8/8/2014When you are tired and bored with the usual restaurant and want to experience a totally new dining experience, I suggest you try the Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse. You will be pleasantly surprised with the never ending variety of meats that are brought and served right at your table. The meats are all on skewers and carved for you so you can choose from the crispy outer cuts to the rare. All have been prepared by experienced chefs and lack nothing in taste and presentation. You will choose from cuts of beef, pork, lamb, chicken and a variety of sausage and other exquisitely prepared meat dishes. The salad bar and side dishes are also of the finest quality and presented in a professional manner.Special Features:
- birthday nightgreatbdayDined on 8/6/2014It was our first time to a brazilian steakhouse. Our server, Izza was great and put us at ease. The entire staff was lovely. We all had a nice time and we will definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of meat optionsCabellsVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great service! The server explained the rules well. We enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- food25loverDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is overpriced for the selections they have available. Meats were either overcooked or too rare. The salad bar had limited selections. Got their signature braziian drink that was good. I asked upon ordering my 2nd one, what's the price. I was told $5. When the bill came, it was $7.50. The bar attentdant said oh , I thought it was $5. She did not offer to make an adjustment since she said she did not have the authority to do that. However, she did have the authority to quote an incorrect price. I requested the manager. The manager never came to the table to discuss the charge. He just had the bill adjusted like he was doing me a favor. This is certainly not customer service.Special Features:
- JamesTheresaDined on 7/19/2014This was our first time there and will definitely be back. My husband is not someone for trying new things but he loved it! So we will be back and with some family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good priceLowcostDined on 7/12/2014Food was average and the price was cheaper than most Brazilian Steakhouse places. Service was great and there was plenty of food served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't come late!thebluebumpkinDined on 7/6/2014I was really excited about taking mom from out of town here because of all of the juicy pictures of meat we saw on their website, and we thought they were open until 10 pm on a Sunday night as their website advertised, however we discovered they were only open until 9 pm and we got there at 8 thinking we could still have a good dining experience in less than 1 hr. WRONG. The burners underneath the hot food must have turned off because the mashed potatoes, black beans, and rice were old, cold, dried out, and crusted. After being there for 20 minutes we never once saw any meat, except from across the room where they kept serving another table, and our cards had been flipped over to green. I was very embarrassed about taking my mom here.
- not goodworkneededDined on 7/1/2014the food was really dry and over cooked. then we kept getting the same steak cut over and over. had it brought to us at least 5 times and then had to ask what was in the back. we asked for the lamb which I am a huge fan of, and I couldn't finish the one bite I took. I can not think of a single piece if meat that was flavorful. then once the med-rare rib eye was brought out, I was excited until I took the first bite. I do not know how the cook did it, but it absolutely had no seasoning, and even some how the natural flavor was gone. I was about to take a group of friends there in the next week or two and then my family when they come visit. I WILL NOT be taking ANYONE there. if im paying $32 a person then the food needs to be a lot better.
- great experience!amandaDined on 6/30/2014It was my birthday and we went to Cowboy brazilian steakhouse with a large group. It was a wonderful experience! So much food we will have to go back again to taste it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your time or money.HorridDined on 6/15/2014Went to Cowboys on Father's Day. Showed up early and was seated promptly. This started out like this place knew what they were doing. Then it all went down fast. They had 5 "gouchos" for the entire restaurant. I've been to Brazilian steakhouses before and they have 5 for a section of the restaurant. After complaining to the manager that they are lost and don't know what they are doing finally some food came our way. Then the wait began again. Then I noticed the frequency of the arrival of meat was increasing and looked back at the dinning area to find 4 tables including ours left in the restaurant. You pay for an experience when you go to a Brazilian steakhouse. Cowboys is not an experience you want to pay for.
- OverpricedNotgoodDined on 6/15/2014Was so looking forward to this place. Totally disappointed! Lack of meat tending folks (one time, not one in the dining room), several were bacon wrapped, one steak had too much garlic and overall......for the price, terrible! Probably needs to lower price and/or go with new management again!
- Good but slowAlittlesatisfiedDined on 6/15/2014The food was good, a little salty for my taste, but good. Our server was pretty good, however, the guys walking around with the meats took FOREVER to get to us. Finally our server had to tell them to come to us first on their way out. An hour and a half later, half of us were done and half were still eating (their cold sides with the meat they had just gotten). Definitely could have used more guys walking around with meat and maybe alternating their route on each trip out. The manager did make an attempt to make it right by giving us a free creme brulee. It was appreciated however we would have preferred having better service for $32 a person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STAY AWAYPepperEyesDined on 6/15/2014Yes...if you care about your waist line...STAY AWAY. This place is AWESOME. When we arrived, the owner opened the door and welcomed us in. We were quickly seated and the server explained how everything worked. We went to the salad bar..where there is enough choices even for Buggs Bunny, including salmon and shrimp that you can add to your salad. I didn't try the hot dishes because I came for the meat!. My wife didn't care much for the Brazilian Collard Greens cause she's a southern girl who like meat in her green. Then they came..the meat server..with all of the succulent meat. OK..I dont' eat pork..so I didn't have those..but my wife did..and she devoured it. The beef and lamb..excellent.Special Features:
- a new favoritelovebugDined on 6/14/2014A new favorite place to eat! 14 & 16 year olds could not stop talking about the experience! Everybody was Very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meat lovers paradise!!jimpDined on 6/8/2014The selection and quality of meats - chicken, pork, beef, lamb - was excellent and very tasty. The salad bar could be a meal in itself - fresh items and very good salads. Our group of 8 had all they wanted to eat and all enjoyed it. we were there at 6:30 on a Sunday so the crowd was very light - thus we had excellent service and we were likely the loudest party in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackAmyWalt101110Dined on 6/7/2014Cowboys offers sixteen cuts of meat, but we were lucky to see five of them and had to BEG for what we got. The place seemed like it didn't have enough food prepared to feed people. Our waiter kept asking if there was anything we needed and we would tell him to send people around, but they never came. In the end we paid Thirty Two Dollars for a large salad bar and a couple pieces of meat. Right now this place is surviving on the salad bar and a reputation of all you can eat meat. But it won't last, people will be aggravated about spending Thirty Two Dollars on food their not getting and word will get out.Special Features:
- Good, but wanted moreslc4u2nvDined on 6/5/2014I wish there was more of a variety of meats coming out to the tables. I did notice that when two big tables came in, there were meats that I didn't see come by our table during the hour we ate there. At one time, I saw the same meat come by our table at least three times. It shouldn't matter how many people are at a table or in the restaurant, all the meats should be coming out. I paid for three dinners @ $32.00 each just like those people at the big tables. It seems that meat was being held back because there was only a little of people in the restaurant. Not Good!!! But the meats, salad bar items, and the sides did taste good.Special Features:
- Always a good timeNightonthetownDined on 5/28/2014We've been to this restaurant multiple times, with friends and family. Great food for a good price. The service is good the waiters are friendly and personable. Good for a date night or just a relaxing night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- be prepared to eat!bigdaveDined on 5/15/2014The servers just keep coming. If you have ever been to a real Brazilian churrascaria then this will be very familiar. Very authentic. The servers come to your table with giant portions of different cuts of meat that were cooked just right. Very flavorful. Pretty extensive salad/soup bar as well. Under new management recently. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hootDined on 5/10/2014The servings of meat that were given were terrible, the only piece of meat that I was given that wasn't just a sliver was the filet and then when I asked for more I was presented with another sliver of meat.Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse- N. Charleston reviews archive.
- Not so Happy B-dayDivalicious9700Dined on 4/26/2014This was my 4th time dining at Cowboys but my first time dining at the N. charleston restaurant. The food on the salad bar was NOT fresh. The spring mix and cucumber both were wiltered.The waiter was not attentive, we had to reach out to other servers for assistance throughout the night. Not once did I or my husband get a refill. Last but not least, my bill was incorrect and I didn't notice it until the next day. The waiter charged me for my brother in law's dinner and drink NOT my husband's dinner and drink. Needless to say, this wasn't a good experience and I wouldnt recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- The original owner is back!SraZorroDined on 4/24/2014And that has made all the difference. The food is back to an excellent quality, the entire staff seems happier, leading to the great atmosphere that we fell in love with when The Cowboy steakhouse first opened. I'm excited to hear that they'll be offering weekday lunch service as well.Special Features:
- Third Time's a charm :)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014My husband and I have been there 3 time, two of those time with our family. We love it! I was so full and everyone is extremely accomodating and friendly. Keep up the excellent work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.