Covo Trattoria e Pizzeria
701 West 135th Street
New York, NY 10031Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Covo Trattoria e Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.covony.com/
- Phone: 2122349573
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Covo we make it as easy as we can to plan your next event. We offer ample space and a broad lavish menu at an adept price. Our dining room and private lounge can accommodate from 20 to 100 guests. We will make certain we can arrange everything according to your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Luca or Tony 8889863879
A word from Covo Trattoria e Pizzeria
Our restaurant stands in a beautiful, growing neighborhood: West Harlem. It’s exciting and yet it has a relaxed pace. We know that you will love our home-made pastas, breads, sauces, and our pizzas made right in our very own Brick oven; but more importantly, we hope to fill your spirits with a genuine, savory, and hearty experience. Also, join us upstairs at our Covo Lounge for a mix of signature cocktails, delightful music and an easygoing atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Covo Trattoria e Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (31)good for groups (25)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (16)great for brunch (14)romantic (13)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- HappyVIPDined on 9/4/2014What a treat. The service was great, the food was excellent and great wines. The wood fired pizza was delicious. The lobster rissotto was to die for and the lamb chops with roasted potatoes was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant TrattoriaDinearoundDined on 9/2/2014Covo is my go to place when I just want to relax. The food is delicious, the service attentive, and it is a very comfortable restaurant to dine for a couple of hours. No one rushes you and everyone is pleasant!Special Features:
- nice Italian experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014It's a fine, not great place. The food was good, not superb. definitely a good value. we ate outside and it was very nice but would not recommend it during the summer if you are prone to being mosquito feed. the hostess was superb and extremely helpful in getting us a cab afterwards. Unfortunately, after we were served our main course, our waiter seemed to have forgotten our existence. We had to go find him and he blamed it on having had a "long night".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rstarVIPDined on 8/22/2014The octopus special was disappointing - a little soft/rubbery. The pasta was cooked perfectly al dente!
- okFtdinnerDined on 8/5/2014Everything about it was ok. I will say that I grew up with Italian food... So, I am not easily impressed, but I have just had so much better in NYC. The food was nothing special. You could prolly order pasta from a pizza shop and get the same quality. Not to be mean but its true. Its too bad because I heard it was good and there are no other italian places in harlem... well, near me at least. We also maybe ordered the wrong thing, a lot people got the pizza, maybe thats their specialty? I dont know, the service was also just ok. The server didn't really know anything about the wine list and was basically an order taker.. but thats most restaurants in nyc. It was ok, not horrible but I won't be going back.
- GeraVIPDined on 8/2/2014All the food came at the same time and some items got cold before we could eat them, we had to ask for our pasta to be warmed up. otherwise everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden restaurant with so much!theiofthestormVIPDined on 8/1/2014I went with my girlfriend and we were really impressed with the number of offerings. We ultimately went with a specialty pizza that had shrimp, zucchini, onions, and capers. It was fantastic! The desert we ordered was a mascarpone cheesecake which was equally impressive. The location is off on its own, away from much of the traffic of the city. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- So glad we found this Harlem gem!MDmomOf3Dined on 7/19/2014Our table ordered a variety of dishes, from pizza to pasta to steak, and everything was fantastic. We also triedthe açai blueberry mojito and loved it! The restaurant has an awesome rustic Tuscan feel. If you want nice dining in Harlem, this is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Harlem's Hidden GemYouJustGotMackedDined on 7/18/2014I live in the neighborhood and glad that this place exists. The food is delicious with large portions and the drinks may (or may not) knock you off your feet. I usually dine upstairs at the bar and the music is LIVE. All old school 90's R&B, Hip Hop, and good mixes of newer songs. Whenever I want to stay local or have friends from out of town visiting me, i go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and awesome loungeHungrycritterDined on 7/18/2014The food and service there is always too notch and the portions are good for the hungry and goodies alike. While the lounge is a great place normally on Friday night apparently there are annoying college age kids who seem to need to scream despite being sober. What they were screaming about you can't even tell because the music is on but you think they would have had common sense to go outside or downstairs where it is quieter to have a conversation. Detracted from the nice lounge and music atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under the HighwayBob19MDined on 7/16/2014This is not the first time I've been to Covo. It is kind of out of the way but I think it worth the trip. The food is always very good from a varied Italian menu. I like the atmosphere indoors with brick and wood decor and the outdoor dining area, though not tremendously large, is nice because the secluded location makes it a calmer atmosphere than most NYC outdoor cafes. Upstairs there is a lounge with all night happy hours. I go there for karaoke on Thursdays and the place is usually hopping. And I met my girlfriend there.Special Features:
- Fun for familyharlemjoyDined on 6/29/2014Celebrated my grandsons 14th birthday with 10 family members . We had a unique out door table that almost made us fell like we were at home. The food was tasty, the presentation well done and the service professional and friendly. Also, nice selection specialized summer drinks.Special Features:
- Covo reviewBroham763Dined on 6/21/2014First Class car service drivers could not find address. During arrival and departure. Service was good. Lobster shrimp over cooked. White Sangria was good. Hostess was patient in call the car service for us. She had the same problem we did. Getting a car that knew the area to pick us up.Special Features:
- wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2014Had an absolutely wonderful time at Covo last Friday night. We sat outside, and it was such wonderful ambience. The food, service, and everything were fantastic. Everything was so fresh and lightly prepared. I highly recommend and will definitely be back. My boyfriend also proposed to me that evening at the table, so I will always remember this dining experience! =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classi929Dined on 6/15/2014I'm a frequent customer. The food service and ambience are always great. I can wa 'll k here from home...a big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fineartsfineartsDined on 6/13/2014Hard to find, worth the search. Delicious pasta dishes, good wine list at reasonable prices. Ambience of a rustic tavern, welcoming spot.Special Features:
- I KEEP GOING BACKYumtalkerDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant is a 7-minute drive from my home in Riverdale, the Bronx. I love to bring friends and family here for brunch or dinner. The menu is extensive and inviting, the food is delicious, and the service is excellent. I've never had a bad dining experience at Covo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fav spotThisiskriVIPDined on 6/6/2014One if my favorite places in my neighborhood!!! 5years strongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripRaredinerDined on 6/5/2014Great food, great wine (by bottle, glass, quartino, half little or full liter carafe with excellent variety offered), great service. 1/2 block walk to the Hudson River for a post dinner stroll. Staff is friendly and appropriately attentive. Large open space with a vibrant ambience, exposed brick walls and large open wall to outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDebbie1328Dined on 5/31/2014Wonderful Italian food in an unexpected location. Something for everyone from exceptional salads to pizza and lovely entrees. Affordable for a variety of budgets and with a lovely wine-list, too.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and serviceLibraryladyDined on 5/30/2014We had a group of 8 for a special occasion. The atmosphere was casual and quirky and appealing. As usual for restaurants these days, a bit noisy but we were able to all converse down a long table. We were greeted warmly and seated right away. Service was friendly and attentive throughout the meal. We had dishes ranging from risotto to chicken to lamb ( no pizza) we're not foodies- we were all satisfied woth our dishes, although I don't think any of them were outstanding. The wine list was surprisingly affordable. We had ordered a red velvet celebratory cake, which was delicious, and they even added some extra decoration. Overall, we had a great experience. Thank you, Covo, for making a special occasion even more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to love this place but...simplegalDined on 5/26/2014Brought my hubby and kids here Monday evening (Memorial day) for his birthday. I really wanted to love this place, but they made that very difficult. The service was VERY slow, and the wait staff inattentive. Our daughters ended up drinking our water. The servers also reach way over people rather than walk around and pour/serve from behind. Be prepared to duck to avoid getting arm-pitted or thwacked by a forearm. The best things we had were the grilled veggie antipasto and mushroom fettuccine, which were tasty. The whole wheat pizza, spinach ravioli and pasta primavera were quite bland. Definitely would not come back here for anything other than a lazy afternoon's coffee or beer.Special Features:
- The following 127 reviews are from the Covo Trattoria e Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Pleasant getawayFeliDined on 5/15/2014I enjoyed the relaxed ambiance and the out of the way feel. They were prepared for our timely arrival, so we were seated immediately. The drink options varied. The wine selection was great. The service was efficient, but did not check back enough times. There were not many people eating at the time our group went, so this should not have been difficult. Also, its the second time that we have dined there for lunch and the board with the Specials are incorrect. Seems that they do not take the time to update the information, it's annoying. They should let you know when you are seated what on the list is not available. Instead, they wait for you to ask for it. I plan to bring my family and try the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better and bettergransanVIPDined on 5/14/2014I have dined at Covo's many times. I used to complain about the service (lack there of). Last two visits, Wellington was our waiter. He has made a significant difference. He is attentive, accurate, wise and patient. The food is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014Was there for brunch and although I did not complain to management, those of us who ordered steak and eggs over easy got the eggs cold and practically hard boiled texture. Coffee is served in small cups and only half filled when served. And getting refills did not come easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014Covo is top notch all around. The only drawback is getting to its location - though the location itself is superb. As is the food, service and consistency of all. I've been going there since 2008, and it's only gotten better. Creative, delicious ans generous servings and first rate service. I only wish it was closer to me so I could go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, very goodLocalGuyDined on 3/22/2014Great ambience, very good & attentive service, but the food itself was not as good as other reviews would have led me to believe. Would go again simply for location & reasonable prices, but not my first pick for Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quirky out-of-the-way spot.theatergoerVIPDined on 3/14/2014A quirky out-of-the-way spot. Hard to find for non-New Yorkers, but well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeanthonygenovesiDined on 3/1/2014Great food, atmosphere and great service! we really liked Covo.Special Features:
- Great Time!RossDined on 2/14/2014We booked a last minute Valentines Reservation once we got a baby sitter and we had a great night!! Our server was extremely attentive and the food was amazing!! We will be back for sure!! We ate upstairs and loved it! Thanks!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!PammieDined on 2/14/2014The service was fast, food was good and the staff was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2014Atmosphere is extremely pleasant along with the attentive service. The quality selection in their menu is never a disappointment.Special Features:
- service is GREAT!markDined on 2/8/2014waiters excellent.. very kid friendly .. serving of food excellent…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfecto!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/20/2014i just get inlove with this restaurant, the service was just perfect everything was perfect coming back soon with the fabSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CovoGoodeatsDined on 1/16/2014This is such a cozy restaurant in my neighborhood not many like it! The food delicious!!! Def great for big groups i love Covo! They even have karaoke on Thursdays in the upstairs part of the restaurant. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza 50% Mon, Tues, WedLisaDined on 1/6/2014Great news - the winter deal is back on, Pizza 50% Mon, Tues, Wed. Definitely worth it! Delicious pizzas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming the New YearireneDined on 12/31/2013My friends and I were delighted with our experience at Covo. Some of us were here for a private party and weren't disappointed with just a small group dinner. The staff was very accommodating with any requests, and I just love this "this off-the-beaten track" very affordable restaurant. Haven't had the pizza or brunch yet, but looking forward to that.Special Features:
- Delicious brunch!RosalindDined on 12/22/2013Grabbed brunch here on Saturday and could barely decide on what to order, they have so many good options. I ended up with the eggs benedict and a bloody mary. My friend had the croque madame and a mimosa. We both loved our dishes and the service was fantastic. Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- The pastas are wonderful.RantDined on 12/21/2013The pastas are wonderful. We always enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for office partiesFeliciaVIPDined on 12/10/2013The food is great. The manager is very accommodating. The staff is friendly. Great place for office parties. They have a big private room upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.