218 N. Tejon St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.couturesbistro.com/
- Phone: 7192036700x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast and Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Couture's Bistro
Preparing fresh seasonal ingredients in tradition of France, Italy, Spain, and North Africa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Couture's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (10)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (8)good for groups (5)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful food and service. A wonderful downtown dining experience with a menu you will not find elsewhere. The mussels and fries in a tomatoes cream sauce were wonderful. The waiter was prompt, professional and attentive. The chef/owner visited the table while dining, which was a nice and personal touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Surprise!JamesDined on 8/9/2014We had read about this place and decided to take a chance. Very comely interior. Lamb Tajine was outstanding as was the salmon - great combination of often unused spices. Cheese plate as an appetizer was excellent. Dessert crepe was fantastic. Service was a touch slow to start but picked up through the meal. Overall - a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodpeskypescyDined on 8/8/2014From the cheese tray appetizer, to the salads, to the salmon and lamb, to the chocolate tart--the food was delicious and beautifully presented. The menu is shockingly brief, but the items we chose were memorable. The entrees and salads were large enough to share. The only real disappointment was that there was no wine list--only a by-the-glass list--but even that was quite good.Special Features:
- Needs WorkCasualdinerDined on 7/26/2014We made a reservation for a Saturday night date. Upon entering though there's only three tables occupied out of about twenty. A quiet restaurant is never a bad thing for me though. As the restaurant slowly filled up with more tables we could tell there's only one hostess and one server and the service, while friendly and knowledgeable, left something to be desired. Oh yes, speed. My husbands salmon was med rare when he asked for well, and the potatoes... May have come from a box. We enjoyed the ambience and romance of the place but I wouldn't go back until they have all the links worked out - staffing and food quality to say the least. I'd say, just meh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, but service issuessupporterDined on 7/25/2014This is our second dinner at Coutures Bistro. The food has been delicious, creative, healthy, and well-presented. The service needs attention. The menu is very limited, so when one of our party ordered a dish that wasn't available (but wasn't told that until he placed his order), that created a problem with our wine choice and time. Also, our waiter didn't remember which wine and dinner orders went to whom (out of 6 of us); there were only 4 other people in the restaurant. There should also be a separate wine list for those diners who'd like to order by the bottle, rather than the glass. We want to support our local businesses and have recommended this restaurant to many friends. We hope they succeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitGerriAVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were really very happy with Couture's Bistro. Everyone was very friendly and food was very good. We will be back, but I wish they would have a more extensive menu or some specials of the night.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!!!CliffDined on 6/21/2014I was visiting from San Francisco, CA and stumbled across this restaurant on OpenTable. Might I say, this was one of the best food I have ever had in Colorado. I was with my girlfriend and her sister. We ordered the lamb shank, chicken roulade, and salmon. For appetizers, we had mussels and duck confit. Every single dish was absolutely delicious. Every plate had a different flavor and was pleasing to the palate. Not only that, the portions were abundant, which made the meal an even better deal. I also had the pleasure of meeting the owner. Both our server and the owner was a pleasure to speak to. I most definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper Club successwinedinefunVIPDined on 6/20/2014Our supper club (7 of us) dined here and we had a great time. We shared a few of the appetizers (the duck confit was superb), and then moved to salads and entrees. The salmon and the lamb tajine are must-haves. Staff was friendly, efficient, and professional. Overall, no mentionable mistakes. Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night or Night out w/friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/23/2014Highly recommend you give this neighborhood gem a try. Recently dined at Couture's Bistro and can't wait to go back for move food. Excellent quality food with all the right seasoning and portions! You won't be disappointed - be sure to check out the bar in the back of the restaurant for after dinner drinks and to relax!Special Features:
- Good luckjustsayitDined on 5/22/2014You've got a long way to go. I hope for everyone's sake that you rise to the occasion.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Couture's Bistro reviews archive.
- Family DinnerBonteusDined on 5/17/2014Arrived late (8pm) on Saturday night. Surprised by the lack of customers (only 4), then we were very surprised by the quality of the food. Everyone thought their entree was superb. Soup and salads were also. Excellent preparation and no two bites tasted the same. Limited menu was actually welcome with enough choices. Food was fresh and well prepared. Entrees were Hanger steak, Duck Confit, and Chicken Roulade, all great. The shared desert was Chocolate Crepe with chocolate ice cream and was to die for. Service was a tad inexperienced, but adequate.Special Features:
- Great new addition to downtownFoodieDined on 5/11/2014Food is beautifully prepared and served. Everything homemade, including the superb burrata cheese and pappardelle pasta. Check in advance to see if the confit duck and/or the braised lamb shank is on the days menu: not to be missed. Go for cocktails before your dinner to experience their intimate Parisian lounge under an apparent night sky. Enchanting.Special Features:
- Give it a TryLike2DineDined on 5/10/2014Great food! Quiet,friendly place. Just opened in January. Wish we had known about it earlier, we are moving out of state. Best crepes we have had!Special Features:
- The lamb tajine was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014The lamb tajine was excellent. Nice wine list with very reasonably priced glasses and bottles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potential but needs helpOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014No wine list by the bottle. They tell you, after you ask, to take the glass price and multiply times 4, weird. Next they bring nice house made bread. Then on to the appetizers, the duck had good flavor but very tough, the arancini was forgettable, and the risotto was very good. The arugula salad was bitter and I've had much better Caesars. Entrees; the filet was properly cooked and very tender, the chicken needs work and more of it, and the salmon was good. They ROCKED the desert. The chocolate molten cake was excellent! It was over-priced for the quality of the food and service. 3 to 5 tables on a Friday night shows that the CS foodies have already written them off. Unless they quickly improve expect to see them on the closures list soon.
- Amazing Food, Needs Work to AppealLocalDinerDined on 2/21/2014Positives: we had an incredible meal - variety of options, fantastic flavor, unique dishes, and beautifully presented plates. Wine selection was good and the service was five star. The genuinely loves food, wants his customers to be happy, and has a lot of creative ideas for the space. Negatives: the atmosphere wasn't very inviting - it's designed and priced for an "older" clientele. There are too many tables, so it feels empty. If he wants to appeal to young professionals, the prices will need to drop. I would only go back on special occasions, even though we eat out at least twice per week. The space needs more of a bar/wine scene, brighter colors, and a local feel/flavor. Incredible potential, but not yet there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/15/2014Poor quality food....pork loin tough and unfavorable, salad mediocre, filet mignon may have not been a true filet cut.....poor experience do not recommend....for the $$ go to the famous down the street.
- Not yet ready for prime timere5513Dined on 2/14/2014This is a cozy spot. I took my wife here for Valentine's day. The owner served me my soup bu forgot a spoon. This is pretty typical for the restaurant as a whole. When I asked if I could buy some bread the waiter looked quizzical, "I didn't give you any bread?" He then went and got a few pieces, slightly larger than croutons along with a small amount of butter. The hanger steak was quite good. The roast chicken was also good. The soup, while not quite up to the standard of the Latin Quarter in Paris was good but not great. The waiter apologized for being slow and laid blame on the busy night; however, I doubt the restaurant ever got more than about 1/3 to 1/2 full. The Chocolate cake we had for desert was also good but not great.Special Features:
- Nice FindBarneyDined on 2/14/2014Couture Bistro was a great place to spend Valentine's Day! It was cute/romantic. There is a limited menu, but the food was really good. Just a few small negatives: 1) my husband's mushroom risotto actually came out looking very un-appetizing. The taste good, but an addition of a vegetable/bread/garnish on the plate would've made a huge positive difference. 2) Our server, although VERY sweet, consistently asked us if we wanted more water or if she could remove our plates, etc. This kind of exchange between servers and guests is usually unwelcomed in a "nicer" establishment. The server should be able to anticipate without verbalizing guest's needs. These were not huge distractions, but it does make the difference for earning an extra "star"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DiningValentinesDateDined on 2/13/2014Very quiet, romantic restaurant with very good food, albeit a little priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FindJaniceVIPDined on 1/10/2014Very good restaurant. Nice to see a new restaurant open up in downtown Colorado Springs. Duck Confit outstanding and loved the Routatouille salad. Very small menu which I like. Only serves wine. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.