560 Dutch Valley Road Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30324Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.couscousatlanta.com/
- Phone: (404) 685-3111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Khaled Chebbi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Couscous
Couscous offers Mediterranean-inspired cuisine in a cozy environment from our talented Tunisian chefs! Located near Piedmont Park and the Botanical Garden, it's a great place to relax and enjoy delicious food and drink with friends. Opening for lunch in late September!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Couscous - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Couscous reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (16)romantic (16)special occasion (12)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A change of pacechandlerVIPDined on 11/20/2014I love this restaurant for the different options that are offered. There are not many places in ATL offering North African cuisine and this place do es it very well. The portions are a good size and the food always freshly prepared. Put this place on your list if looking for something a little different.Special Features:
- Try this place!healthyfoodieDined on 10/29/2014The Tunisian food served here is excellent. The signature entree "the cous cous feast" is delicious and healthy. It's hard to find restaurant entrees that are really tasty and not too rich. The food here derives flavor from the spices and the way it's prepared, not from loads of butter and oil. I love it. The menu is a mix of unique dishes for foodies and more standard fare for less adventurous palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The owner was amazing, very nice and friendly , good food authenticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies dinnerluv2eatDined on 10/18/2014We had a reservation at 6pm and we sat inside and had 5 ladies and 2 children. The menu was honestly a little overpriced. I shared the veg soup and veg couscous with a friend. They were both delicious and I like the spice. Live music and belly dancer went on around 7:30 or so. It was a little loud but entertaining. We ordered a little more wine and dessert after dinner and at that point our waiter seemed to lose interest in us. Then as soon as we had paid our chks and were finishing our conversation to leave, the manager or whoever came over and asked us to leave bc there was a bigger party coming in. This completely turned us off. We had literally just paid our check, we hadn't been there occupying a not paying table for long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, nutritious flavorsLiz9108VIPDined on 10/5/2014After a long flight, Couscous was the perfect spot for a quiet dinner. Service was very attentive and friendly. Food was tasty, but not overdone to let the natural flavors of the food shine through. So many options for a light meal with small plates to share or a full three course meal. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Tunisian Food!LocalfoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014For a taste of the real thing, go to Couscous! Fantastic, authentic Tunisian food. Knowledgeable, friendly wait staff. Pretty setting with a great patio when the weather is right.Special Features:
- Relaxed atmosphere and amazing foodhl08Dined on 9/21/2014Love this place for fancy date night and for a relaxed Sunday brunch with friends. The staff is always so friendly and the food is always phenomenal!Special Features:
- AwesomeGraceDined on 9/12/2014The food was authentic and excellent. We will recommend to friends and go back. Very, very good.Special Features:
- What a find!2havepeaceVIPDined on 9/6/2014We love this place and were lucky to have discovered it a few months ago. This time, I brought my parents for a special meal and they enjoyed it, too. It is posh enough to feel like a special Atlanta experience, but not too crowded or loud like some places in Buckhead/Midtown. We usually sit outside under the lights. Parking is easy and service is excellent. The prices are a tad on the high side, but worth it to me. Favorite menu items: The Cat's Meowwww cocktail, Local Vegetable Couscous Feast, Tunisian Seafood Pasta and the Lavender Crème Brûlée. Yum!Special Features:
- Mussels are delicious!DruidHillsDinerDined on 8/22/2014Mussels are delicious! Appetizer portion was plentiful and seasoned perfectly. Highly recommend lamb dishes as well. Server was appropriately attentive. Enjoyed dining at Couscous and will return again and again.Special Features:
- different flavorsLindaKVIPDined on 8/17/2014I love Middle Eastern food and the menu certainly was fitting, but while some of the food was delicious (scallops, shrimp appetizer), other things didn't measure up. 3 of us had couscous dishes and all 3 were so loaded with potatoes (sweet and white) that other ingredients were hard to find. At the bottom of it all was the couscous itself, which lacked much flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice patioSamGVIPDined on 8/14/2014Very much enjoy the food and ambiance of the patio! Friendly owner and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Addicted to Couscous!BridgetDined on 8/7/2014Fantastic friendly staff, terrific food - I eat here often and never tire of the menu - it is fantastic!Special Features:
- Great foodPickyDinerDined on 8/6/2014I am very picky about food as the family is in the fine dining business. I would bring them all to Couscous-- the food was memorable! Wow. Service was great -- thanks Jason. The lamb risotto was outstanding as was the potato turnover appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't believe it took me so long404ShoeGalDined on 8/2/2014This lovely spot is just down the road from my house, but because it's tucked away it was never top of mind when thinking of a spot to eat. Now that I have experienced it, it will be top of mind. The food was so delicious and fresh. Our table covered a great sampling of the menu including one of the couscous dishes and all raved about how good it was. The also had some very yummy cocktails to choose from. Our waiter was friendly and humorous....and we even got to meet the chef/owner, who was very personable and sweet. I will highly recommend this to anyone (already have) and continue to visit there. Yum Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurant in ATLLP55Dined on 8/1/2014We had a great lazy summer dinner on the patio of Couscous, my new favorite Atlanta spot. Tucked away off Monroe, it is centrally located, easy to get to with easy parking. We sat outside for almost three hours and enjoyed a fabulous collection of fresh, creative and masterful dishes, including couscous Royal, mussels, gazpacho and a number of small plates and salads that showed the culinary skills of Chef Khaled Chebbi and his team. Service was excellent, and we'll definitely add this to our list of notable restaurants in Atlanta. Also good for larger parties, inside and out (rehearsal dinner, etc.)Special Features:
- The following 116 reviews are from the Couscous reviews archive.
- Not as advertisedmemeDined on 7/26/2014While the mussels were as wonderful as previous reviewers stated, the grouper was over seasoned and over cooked, piled on top of very over-broiled asparagus, and mushy tomatoes. The patio is lovely and very middle eastern in feel. If only the entree was as nice. The salad was over dressed and not at all special, the chicken livers were as advertised. Very uneven food quality.
- Good but not greatRBATLDined on 7/25/2014Food was good but nothing to say i'd love to come back. Good clean place with good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice placeAtlanta01VIPDined on 7/19/2014We like this restaurant but the service is inexperienced. When I ordered a second glass of wine, the server tried to take my glass, which was almost half full, to add more wine. They could use some specials, so that there are more choices. The menu is rather limited. The food is good. The interior and patio are very pretty. We went on a Saturday night and we were one of three tables occupied, which was really very sad.Special Features:
- It's Tunisian/Mediterranean Love!BridgetDined on 7/16/2014Lovely, attentive service and GREAT food. Brika is outstanding. Mussels are yummy. I am a fan of the Royale - A couscous bowl with your choice of chicken, lamb, seafood accompanied by a potato and carrots with spices or the Tunisian Pasta (seafood in a red pepper/charred tomato sauce with a chick peas and bay leaves). All this gastro feastery is well balanced with a decent selection of wines and spirits. Intimate patio area with string lighting, comfy chairs. For indoor dining, upholstered banquette seating with large cushions or dine at the bar. Casual, come as you are - A gift to North Midtown/Ansley.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014Awesome food and experience. We loved the lamb, veg option and salmon. Wine selected by server was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeNicknameVIPDined on 7/9/2014My first time there and we enjoyed ourselves. The food was good...not great, but good. The service was very good and we felt welcomed by the owner/manager. We'll definitely go there again!Special Features:
- Elegant Dining: Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2014The ambience and service here are so splendid that I would almost return just for the experience. The food was good, and well presented but fell short of being memorable. At this price point I expect something more than a tasty home cooked meal; rather, I expect something I couldn't figure out how to prepare at home without being a highly trained chef. The mussels were so good and the flavoring unique enough that they might qualify but the lamb risotto, excellent but not quite amazing--a little over salted, and the lamb shank cous cous good, but missing that extra element that makes you sit up and say, "Wow, how did they do that?". If half points could be given I'd give the food 3.5 stars. A birthday desert was given as an unexpected bonus.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed the ambiance, service and food. Differnect than the same old menu choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The EngagementShesTheFoodieImTheEaterDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant was accommodating. I stopped by a week prior to my reservation to inform them that my party would grow bigger than what I anticipated. "Sure no problem" was the response. Day of the reservation I stopped in for a last minute update and the team went over and beyond to take care of us. I was nervous because not only were we celebrating my girlfriend's birthday but this was the night where I would propose marriage. With the exception of the length of time it took for our meals to hit the table (keeping in mind that our party was 20+ deep) EVERYTHING was AWESOME SAUCE!!! Although the portions were small for the price everyone really enjoyed the seasoning and flavor of the food. Highly recommend this spot BTW: She said "YES"Special Features:
- Charming and Delicious2havepeaceVIPDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I discovered this charming gem through a deal on Scout Mob and we are glad we did! We ate outside and enjoyed our drinks (I had The Cat's Meowww - a very refreshing vodka cocktail) and the pleasant ambiance. The Tunisian Seafood Pasta was AMAZING! My husband enjoyed the Couscous Feast with Local Vegetables - spicy, but quite good. The service is excellent and one of the owners even came by to check on us. We stayed for a second drink and dessert (try the apple tart - yum!) We will come back again and again.Special Features:
- Thank you, Scoutmob!DoHaPiVIPDined on 6/18/2014Thanks to Scoutmob, we've had several excellent meals here. Having visited North Africa, I can say that the owner, who is Algerian, has nailed the cuisine. The menu is not extensive, but that's altogether appropriate. The only problem with the mussels is that there wasn't enough bread. The only problem with the kefteji is that there wasn't enough pita (and they have the best pita in town). I always struggle with which main dish to get, as does the rest of the family. This last time, it was the risotto lamb, which was rife with chunky bits of very tender and tasty lamb. The time before, it was the lamb shank couscous, and before that the pork confit. Every time I go, I struggle with what to order because I want what I had last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love CouscousVfleur09Dined on 6/13/2014I adore this place. The service was so refreshing. It felt like was invited to a friend home for an exquisite dinner. Great service from the host, to the waiter and the Chef. My friends and I are definitely returning. Tiger is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal!chandlerVIPDined on 6/9/2014I love this place. It has provided cosistantly some of the beast meals in Atlanta. The food has the flavors of north Africa, making it standout differently for other restaurants in the area. The service is really attentive and helpful in the selections. You must try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow, but otherwise a great dealTomasDined on 6/8/2014This was our first time at Couscous. The staff is friendly and pleasant. The food was excellent and reasonably priced, with large portions. The problem is that service is very slow. We were eating early, when the restaurant was almost empty, yet it took forever for the food to come, with long intervals when no one was watching the tables. We like the location, on a quiet street next to the park.Special Features:
- Wonderful FindSWAtlantaFoodiesVIPDined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed everything about our dinner at Couscous. The food was great - we were looking for something different than the usually Atlanta Upscale Southern cooking. The favors were vibrant. The service was excellent. We sat on the patio which was lovely. Definitely a place that will become a favorite!!Special Features:
- Quaint, Authentic Date spotLoveOpenTableDined on 6/7/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly, the food was amazing, and the patio was very pleasant. The music was pretty loud inside so I'm glad we sat outside. Such a great find!Special Features:
- The service was spotty.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014The atmosphere was lovely, but the service was so-so and the food was the same.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL........Atlanta01VIPDined on 5/31/2014We love this place. The food is amazing, the atmosphere is so upbeat and inviting and the service is first class. The menu is so unique and the food extremely fresh. We had a delicious meal and we felt the prices were very much n-line with the quality and experience we had while dining. This one is a winner, 5-Stars for Couscous.Special Features:
- Good and Atmosphere. Overpriced!Nadii23Dined on 5/26/2014Good food. Great atmosphere and very attentive staff. Very hole in the wall feel. It's just really overpriced in my opinion. An average dish is around $22. If it dropped prices by $4-5 per dish, it would be a 5 in my book. If you go here, get a scoutmob or groupon deal. (Which they have but I only realized after) unless you are rich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!MixalotDined on 5/23/2014Never had North African food, but Couscous was definitely worth the trip! We used the Scoutmob deal (which is great) and paid just under $30 for two drinks, an appetizer, and two main courses. The servers were all extremely friendly and we dined on their patio, which was nice. Their beer list is decent and their cocktails are great. The Mussels La Goulette appetizer was incredible (basically mussels in a blush sauce with a baguette). My fiancee had the Tunisian Seafood Pasta, while I had the Couscous Feast Royal, both of which were absolutely delicious. We finished things off with an Israeli couscous pudding and my fiancee had a cocktail that tasted like you were drinking cake, though the name escapes me. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2014I introduced my 32 year old son and friends to this spot for his birthday dinner with friends, for its unique menu and the comfortable/fun ambiance. Everyone was very pleased as the food was delicious and the service, very attentive. The chef/owner even came out and joined us for a bit at the end of the evening. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden treasureIntown41Dined on 5/21/2014I cannot figure out why this place is not packed every night. The food is outstanding, and true Mediterranean--if you think you're getting Mediterranean at a Greek restaurant, you're missing out. On top of that, the ambience is wonderful--beautiful and charming outdoor seating under the trees on the edge of Piedmont park, cherrful and relaxed decor inside w/ a nice bar area. Servers are wonderfully engaging and friendly and the restaurant has its own parking lot--no valet and it's free--a gold mine for intown next to the park! It literally has everything I want in a restaurant. Check it out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Diamond in the RoughOldWorldGentDined on 5/18/2014The restaurant is so amazing! From the great service to the lushly vivid taste of Mediterranean cuisine, I am in love with this place! Its quiet and nestled back in a romantic end if Dutch Valley Road. The decor is very Euro-North African (Mediterranean) with rustic hues of orange and turquoise. This is now my favorite restaurant in Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous & Delightful!EpicureanDDined on 5/17/2014From the grilled pita and hummus to the lavender creme brulee & mint tea served in authentic tea glasses everything was delightful & delicious. The service was excellent!!Special Features: